The Dark Heir - Nyx

By smplymxlfoy

Theia believed Nyx would come for her, Nyx believed Theia abandoned him. When it's time for Zenova, Nyx's co... More

1. Theia.
2. Nyx
3. Theia.
4. Theia.
5. Nyx.
6. Theia.
7. Nyx.
8. Theia.
9. Nyx.
10. Theia.
11. Nyx.
12. Theia.
13. Nyx.
14. Theia.
15. Nyx.
16. Theia.
17. Nyx.
18. Theia
19. Nyx.
20. Theia.
21. Theia
22. Nyx
23. Theia
24. Nyx
25. Theia.
26. Theia.
27. Nyx
28. Theia.
29. Theia.
30. Nyx
31. Theia.
32. Theia
33. Nyx
34. Theia
35. Nyx
36. Nyx
37. Theia
38. Theia
39. Nyx.
40. Theia
41. Theia.
42. Nyx
43. Theia
44. Nyx.
45. Theia
46. Theia
47. Nyx
48. Theia
49. Theia
50. Nyx
51. Theia
52. Nyx
53. Theia
54. Theia
55. Nyx
56. Theia
57. Theia
59. Theia
60. Theia
61. Nyx
62. Theia
63. Theia
64. Nyx
65. Theia
66. Nyx
67. Theia
ANNOUNCEMENT

58. Nyx

631 26 1
By smplymxlfoy

Theia slept in his arms, safe and calm. At some point, she had fallen to his side, curling into a ball with her face pressed into his neck. He couldn't sleep. Not with the rage he felt in his bones. He wanted to kill them both, but if it came to that, he would let Theia have that honor. He hadn't seen her in that way since her mother had died. They'd messed with her mind just to test her.

Nyx's teeth ground together as he ran a hand up Theia's waist. He couldn't lay here. He couldn't focus on the warmth of her body or the way she breathed steadily. Not when he had heard them come home. They still sat in the sitting room, he knew that. Before Nyx knew what he was doing, he slid Theia's hand from his body and to the pillow. He pulled his wing from beneath her and slid from the bed. Running a hand over his face, he went to the wardrobe and gathered a shirt and pants.

When he was dressed, Nyx shot one last glance to his bride. Her nose scrunched in her sleep, her fist curling into the pillow. He wanted so badly to lay with her but he had a conversation waiting for him. So, Nyx slipped out the door and down the corridor. He needed to keep a hold on his calm, otherwise he knew it would be like those months ago when he found himself chained in the cavern.

His steps were quick but careful, avoiding any creaks or weakness in the boards. He dropped from the last stair, eyes set on the door to the sitting room. He determined it was his father, Cassian, and Azriel in there. If there was anyone else, they didn't speak.

"Why was I not made aware of this? I understand your reasonings but keeping me from this was wrong," Cassian spat. There was a few moments of silence, making Nyx still just beyond the door.

"It was simply a test of her loyalty to my son. It was done and over with the moment I saw it in their eyes. What was done in the Hewn City was Azriel's choice."

His father sounded angry at that. Even if it had been his orders, Azriel took it too far. He had Theia blinded with lust. Nyx himself shouldn't have encouraged her, but he thought it had simply been Azriel seeking her out and Theia wanting him. He didn't want to feel guilt, but he did.

"Why the fuck would you do that? You couldn't keep your cock in your pants? She's Nyx's bride, they will be married and you just couldn't help yourself? What the fuck is it with you and females who are forbidden?" Cassian was now shouting at Azriel, struggling to keep his voice low.

"It began as a test because she had walked up to me. She mentioned... her and I lost control for a moment. We've had this conversation before, Rhys and I, and he understand that. Theia reminds him of her as well. She was taunting me, but I kept myself off of her until I heard what she wanted. It was not a way for me to get my cock wet," Azriel snapped back.

Nyx had heard the conversation between them. Theia had let him in and he knew what was said. It was true that Theia sought him out, but she had wanted answers for why he was taunting her. Azriel was the one to whisk her into the shadows and pin her to a wall. Nyx's hands fisted at his side.

"Either way, she is my son's bride and she will
be treated as such. There will be consequences and I fully intend to face them when they are ready to speak to me. It was not out of ill intent, but I wanted to ensure she was not using him for her own advantage. I see now that it's true between them and I don't wish to stop it."

Nyx's heart slowed at that statement. His father had come to his senses but he still had hurt Theia. She had panicked. She had cried in his arms when she always holds strong. That alone was enough to have him stalking into the room. Heads swiveled. They all sat on the chairs by the lit fire, whiskey glasses in hand. Nyx scoffed at the sight of them.

"Enjoying a drink after terrorizing my wife?"

Rhysand's head dropped to his hand as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Son, she is not your wife yet. Can we speak about this tomorrow? I've had drinks and I don't want to argue."

"It seems like you're happily talking about it now. So explain to me why you used Azriel to get to her? Why you used her own body against her? I wouldn't have given a shit if she truly wanted him, but you tore it away and had her in an attack of her own emotions. It was fucking wrong."

They stared at him, Cassian shifting uncomfortably as he glanced to Azriel. Cassian didn't deserve to be part of this conversation, but then again, he also disliked Theia when she didn't deserve it.

"Nyx, she had given me reason after reason to assume that she was gaining your trust to hold power in this court. You cannot blame me for wanting to make sure that was not the case before allowing her to be your wife. Now, I'm sure you heard, I have my trust in her now. I did not order Azriel to touch her or bait her in the Hewn City."

Nyx's eye twitched as he turned on Azriel. The male sat on the couch, legs spread and whiskey to his lips. He looked entirely calm.

"Then why did you have her against the wall with your fucking hands on her? If you weren't going to fuck her, why do that? Why use a female's body against them, you fucking bastard?"

Nyx didn't care to keep his voice down. If his mother didn't know what occurred, he'd make sure she did. Azriel cleared his throat and sat up, setting the whiskey down.

"I'm not fond of speaking about my sexual interests in front of you all, but I will. I'm sure you know of my history with your late aunt. We had something between us, and I've searched for that again throughout my years. Your spitfire female up there reminds me of her, and having her look at me like that nearly had me blinded with memories. I was going to ignore her, but I couldn't. I gave her the option of having me or not. When she chose not to, I didn't want her to think I was pining after her, so I used your father's recent orders as an excuse."

Nyx stared at him, jaw clenched hard enough that he heard the rush of his blood. His eyes narrowed, trying to decipher if he wanted to feel pity for the male or tear his throat out.

"That is why you let me hit you? Because you feel guilt over what you did?"

Azriel's chin dipped. "I shouldn't have pursued her. It's your right, and hers, to hurt me for that. It's not that I want her. It's simply a lover from another life that felt like she was coming to haunt me. There's no excuse for that, nor is there an excuse for putting the blame on your father. I lost control and I should be punished."

Nyx turned his eyes to his father. He was watching Azriel, his finger running over his chin. Nyx knew what it was like to be overrun with emotion by a female. If he had lost Theia like Azriel had lost his aunt, he would be tortured by her existence, too. That was no excuse, but it was enough to cool his blood.

"Azriel, you will apologize to her. You will allow her to take her anger out if she wishes. You will never look at her wrong again or I promise you, I will reunite you with my aunt. It won't be kind, and it will not be quick. Make her cry again and you will be mine to deal with."

"Understood."

Nyx's eyes flashed to his father. Rhysand now looked at him with something that reminded him of pride. He brushed it off and straightened.

"And you. If my mother is not aware of what you ordered, she will be told by you in the morning. You will also apologize to Theia. Any suspicions you have of her will be run by me immediately. Until then, you know that she is someone who has been hurt throughout her entire fucking life and she deserves peace. She deserves family and she deserves love. If you hurt her again, you will answer to me."

Rhysand gave a curt nod, his jaw flexing. Nyx was grateful for the lack of response. If there had been anything remotely unkind coming from his mouth, Nyx would've lost control. Next, his eyes fell onto Cassian. He had no part in this, but he had still made his opinions of Theia clear.

"You do understand that she is not out to harm the court or my family, right? I love her, and she loves me. Keep your damn opinions to yourself. I am so fucking tired of hearing you all speak to her in a way that makes her seem lesser. You have all fought battles in life, you have all overcome that hurt and trauma, so let her heal. Stop feeding into the past and let her become who she deserves to be. I don't want to hear anything else from any of you. Make sure everyone else knows. If she wishes to leave Velaris to calm down, I will take her away until she wishes to be wed. Do not be surprised if you wake up and my room is empty. Goodnight."

Nyx finished with a few pointed glances to each of them before he turned and left. He let out a slow breath as he climbed the stairs. There had been so much tension in his body and it chipped away with each word he had spoken. Now, he could lay with the female he loved and let that tension fall away entirely.

As he pushed his bedroom door open, he saw Theia sitting up in the bed. She rubbed her eyes, her wings hung limp as she sat cross legged in the moonlight. Nyx felt a smile rise on his lips as he shut the door and peeled his clothes off.

"Where did you go?" Her raspy voice was sleepy. Nyx smiled wider as he walked up to the bed. Theia reached out to him and he leaned over, kissing the top of her head.

"I had some things to take care of. I'm here now, pretty girl. I'm here with you."

A whimper left her throat as she clung to his shoulders, dragging him down. Nyx chuckled, settling himself into the bed. He laid on his side, pulling her down next to him. Theia curled up, slipping her legs between his. She blinked slowly at him, a small yawn escaping her. Nyx brushed her hair from her eyes and laid it behind her ear, cupping her face and kissing her softly. When he pulled back, a small smile was on her lips.

"You're so beautiful, Theia."

Even in the moonlight, he saw the flush rise to her cheeks. She tucked her hands between their chests and settled into the pillow, eyes falling closed. Nyx ran his thumb over the smooth skin of her cheek.

"So beautiful, so strong, so brave. I love you, until the world falls apart, I will love you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 1.1K 24
'Don't you know that we bleed the same?' Azriel x oc °•▪︎♤▪︎•° Rayna, haunted by her past, found refugee in the mortal realm. There, a strong bond...
121K 3.8K 46
Completed. AzrielxFemale OC - Slow Burn, Fluff, Smut, Soft Az. Lots of Action/Story/Other character involvement. "Coming back is like swimming up to...
73.1K 2.4K 68
What if there was another Archeron sister? Rhaella Nyx Archeron, twin sister of Feyre Archeron made a promise to her mother as well: do whatever it t...
159K 1.2K 41
A group of fic's detailing some of the more major scenes of A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas from the point of view of Rhysand, as he dea...