My Brother's Girl (GirlxGirl)

By ReesaBabz

Robin Weste has never had much luck with women, she typically avoided relationships at all costs. Her brother... More

Chapter 1 - Great tits.
Chapter 2 - My Hero.
Chapter 3 - I kissed a girl and I liked it.
Chapter 4 - Beautiful Nightmare.
Chapter 5 - HallowQueen
Chapter 6 - Stolen Kiss
Chapter 7 - Bullet Proof
Chapter 8 - Confessions
Chapter 9 - Officially
Chapter 10 - First Time
Chapter 11 - Flights & Feelings.
Chapter 12- What Happens In Vegas
Chapter 13- Reality Hits
Chapter 14 - Bittersweet
Chapter 15 - Whoops.
Chapter 16 - A woman of taste.
Chapter 17 - Promotion
Chapter 18 - The L Word

Chapter 19 - Yes.

679 32 5
By ReesaBabz

Ashley

The Chanel pitch was a success. With a brilliant mind like Ellie's, plus my great ideas it's no wonder it went well. The thing was, I wasn't quite sure where that left me. Recalling the conversation Ellie and I had about the position in London, I wondered whether anything would have been solidified now that we secured the ad account for such a popular company.

Things had fallen into a comfortable routine between Robin and I. She slept at my place every night, which had become the new norm for us over the past few weeks anyway. The latest edition of May's monthly magazine published recently, Robin gathering quite a bit of attention from the androgynous fashion photo-shoot she did.

It was so much attention that Ellie brought up signing the woman exclusively to her company, just to avoid losing her to a better offer. Robin gained twenty thousand followers within the first week of the publication, God only knows how they found her. When asked if she was uncomfortable with the sudden surge in popularity, she simply shrugged, muttering that it was 'fine'.

I finished curling the last bit of my hair, running my hands through it to create loose waves. The ring light offered much needed visibility, the skies suddenly darkening half hour prior. I prayed whatever bad weather would hold out until after the main event at least. The last thing we wanted was black tears and runny makeup on my best friend's special day.

"If we don't leave now, we'll be late." Robin's head poked into the bedroom.
"I'm literally done," I lied, still applying the finishing touches of my makeup.
"Uh huh..." she wasn't convinced. "I don't know why you need that shit anyway, you're perfect without it."

That was enough to make me want to jump her bones.

"You better stop it before it starts." I warned, tossing my eyeliner aside.

Robin chuckled, fully entering the room. She wore a white button up with a teal vest that was left unbuttoned. Her cream-colored suit pant made her black hair that was styled in a slick fishtail appear even darker in contrast. The tall woman disappeared into the closet, returning with two garment bags, one with the remainder of her suit and the other with my bridesmaid's dress.

I slipped my flats on, carrying the box with my heels and we quickly left the townhouse behind. Robin flicked the radio on, finding a random station playing soft, smooth jazz.

"Since when do you listen to Jazz?" I asked, a perfectly waxed brow arched at her.
"Since I almost got arrested for that road rage incident last week—it helps to keep me calm."

I giggled at the memory if the incident. I received a call that day around three in the afternoon, I could still hear Robin going back and forth with an older woman on the other end of the line.

"If you can't see, you shouldn't be driving grandma."
"If you were a better fucking driver, I wouldn't have to pull around your slow ass." The older woman yelled back.

"I will literally drop your old, demented ass, do not push me."

Then an officer was heard trying to calm the two crazy women, giving Robin a stern warning before letting them both go.

"You almost ran her off the road just to get out and argue." I pointed out, laughing at the scowl on Robin's face.

"She was a bitch, and you know it. There was absolutely no reason for her to cut in front of me like that."

I hummed, rolling my eyes as I stared out the window. Twenty minutes later we arrived at the wedding venue. It was a vineyard owned by Alex's family—the woman was filthy rich. Teal and white decorations neatly lined the gates that led to the parking lot, a stretch limo parked in the center of the vast space with gold balloons.

"Where the hell have you two been?" Sophie rushed through the doors building doors towards us. I barely stepped out of the car before my friend dragged me towards the entrance, Robin scurrying to keep up with us. "Our friend is losing her shit."

The auburn-haired woman led us to the dressing room where I could hear Jessica hyperventilating before even seeing her.

"What's going on honey?" I asked in a worried tone, gently massaging my best friend's shoulders.

"I'm really doing this—I'm getting married to Alex." She barely managed to speak. "We just got through the hardest months of our relationship, one where I thought she was having an affair..." Jessica breathed. "And now we're getting married."

"You're marrying the woman you've been with for the last I dunno, six years? C'mon Jessica, marriage was always the plan, you've known since high school." I wrapped my arms around her, careful not to ruffle her dress. "Alex loves you more than anything else in this world—she's obsessed with you. I have full confidence you guys are going to be okay, that you can work through any and everything together. But...It's not up to me."

My friend gave me a teary smile. I swiped a few sheets of tissue from the box, tapping her face dry.
"Since when do you give such sound advice."
"Since I rejoined the relationship mafia." I gave her a grin. "Now, let's get you down the aisle gorgeous."

****

Jessica and Alex were finally married. They were the one couple everyone in our friend group had full confidence that they would last. They've grown so much together, matured and taught each other in ways I didn't think possible. All the crying, ranting and gushing Jessica did led to this day, and we would remember it forever.

The happy couple were wrapped in each other's arms in the center of the ball room. The DJ played a few slow jams, other couples joined them after a few minutes.

"Would you like to dance?" my lady appeared beside me, a shy smile on her lips.
"I'd love to." I gave Robin my hand as she led us onto the dance floor.

Her arms nestled around my waist before she leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I'm so happy for them." The taller woman spoke, sparing a glance in the newly married couple's direction. "And I'm happy to have met them, to have met all your friends. They're more like your family." She gave a sad smile.

I knew she missed her older brother; after all, he was the only family she had left.

Well No—he wasn't.

"It's a good thing they're your family too." I tilted my head to meet her eyes. "Jess, Alex, Sean, Sophie, me... everyone. You have all of us behind you."

Robin's cheeks were stained red. "Yeah? You're my family now huh?"
"That's right. And you can't forget about my psychotic boss that you've befriended. That woman loves you like a sister Robin."

That earned a laugh. I loved her laugh. I loved her.

My palm traced the satin fabric of her now fully buttoned vest, landing just above her left breast. I could feel her heartbeat below my skin, how it quickened as our eyes locked.
"You're beautiful," she breathed before dipping to capture my lips. The kiss was chaste yet held so many different emotions.

We danced for another ten minutes before retreating to our reserved seats. Sophie and I threw back shot after shot, Sean and Robin staring at us wide eyed.
"What? This might be the last time we get to do something like this!" my friend drunkenly spoke.

"What is someone dying or something?" Robin snorted.
"I mean we can't after you two move halfway across the world."

I held my breath.

I hoped that Robin would take it as a drunken passing remark but based on the look her face held—it didn't seem like it.

"What is she talking about?" She stared at me questioningly.
"I—"

"Whoops," Sophie's eyes were wide. "My bad. Sean lets go." She grabbed her boyfriend's arm, leading them away from the table.

In a panic, I called my friend explaining my situation. I'd told her about the offer Ellie made, and that a decision hadn't been made yet. I haven't even told my parents for fucks sake. Sophie listened and advised that I should tell Robin once the offer was solidified. It wasn't--yet.

I sighed, taking my girlfriend's hand.

"I was offered a promotion." Her eyes were set on mine. "It's to take lead at another branch of May's in London."

We sat in silence, the only sound coming from the celebration around us. Robin's face was unreadable, I had no idea what she was thinking.

"Were you going to tell me?"
"Of course!" I whisper shout at her. "I just wasn't sure...I wasn't even sure I wanted to take the offer. My family, my friends...everything is here."
She nodded, squeezing my palm. "I'm so proud of you Ashley." She breathed. "That's an amazing position. I see how much you enjoy this, how much you've grown to love your job."

I certainly didn't expect that response. It pushed me to ask the question that plagued my mind since receiving the offer.
"Will you come with me?"

She stared at me, her brown pupils wide.

"I'd follow you to hell if you asked, woman." Robin finally smiled, her own relief showing.
"I'll take that as a yes?"

"Yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 2.3K 34
Bridgette "Brie" Campbell is 25 years old, has long brunette hair that reaches the back of her shoulders. Her eyes are dark brown and has fair skin...
12.9K 620 47
When Zora, Naya's long-term best friend and crush, starts showing an interest in her twin brother, Avi, she's forced to face her biggest fear. She wi...
316K 7.6K 32
GirlxGirl- No homophobes please! "I’ve never thought that love was possible with another girl. Not until now…" -Willa Violett
114K 2.9K 24
Kay is a college freshman at Wilson University in Greensboro, North Carolina. She's a bit nervous about attending an all girl school, being that she'...