The Other Side Of Us - (gxg)

By supercollide

After moving away for college Kaden's life was as predictable as she had imagined. Living day to day until sh... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
EPILOGUE
Elizabeth's Book

Chapter Twenty Two

3K 162 58
By supercollide

Kaden's POV

"I thought you said you would go easy on me with the fair games?" Elizabeth asked as I handed her yet another teddy.

"I didn't say such thing, I said I wouldn't be a bad winner."

"You haven't been that one either."

We walked to meet up with the rest of the group who were watching Hayley and Norah throw darts to balloons. "Doesn't mean that I didn't try. Don't you like the teddies though?"

"I do but... I think three is enough for me to carry." She motioned to the ones in her arms—I took two of them from her to help her out.

"Let me help you with that, I'll get you a keychain next."

"Such a gentlewoman you are." Elizabeth smiled — we stood besides the rest watching Hayley fail to hit the balloons, unlike Norah who seemed to have hit almost every of them.

"Did you two sleep together— fuck!" Dana was smacked in the back of the head by Monique. "What?!"

"Don't go around asking shit like that." She told her friend.

"You wanted to know!"

Monique's cheek flushed at her friend snitching on her, "Doesn't mean you actually go and ask."

Dana turned to the both of us, "Did my question make you uncomfortable?"

"No."

"I thought you weren't interested in me."

Elizabeth and I said at the same time—me to Monique more specifically. I couldn't help but to laugh and the glare she sent my way.

"I'm not interested in you! You didn't let me sleep with all that fucking moaning." Monique expressed making Elizabeth's face contort into one of embarrassment. She began to look everywhere but to any of us.

"See if I had said that I would've been smacked in the head again." Dana pointed out.

"Sorry Elizabeth," Monique apologized for her bluntness to the —still embarrassed— British woman.

"I should be the one apologizing, it seems." Elizabeth looked back her and smiled shyly. That's the first time I've seen her embarrassed and it was adorable.

"No apology to me?" I said to Monique.

"I can't stand you."

"Lately I get that more often than not, I'm used to it now so I don't mind." I shrugged.

"Yeah I wonder what makes people say that." Monique said sarcastically.

"Kudus though, you both seemed to be having a beyond great time last night." Dana commented earning another smack to the head from her best friend. "Stop!"

"You stop being so blunt!" Monique complained and dragged her apart from us as they kept bickering.

"I told you we were being loud." I commented.

"Guys look at this!" Morgan came over and showed a baby Yoda teddy. "Hayley got it for me," she looked lovingly at her girlfriend.

"Norah also got me one, we are matching." Jason showed his own baby Yoda and kissed his girlfriend on the cheek.

"No one got me anything if anyone is wondering." Michael spoke up.

"Here." Elizabeth handed him one of the stuffed animal.

"Aw thank you." Michael grabbed it with a smile.

"But—" Elizabeth gave me a look that made me shut up.

"We are going to get cotton candy." Norah said intertwining her hand with Jason's.

"That sounds great actually." Dana said returning to the group with Monique.

Everyone else agreed as well and went to buy some and find somewhere to sit. I hooked my arm with Elizabeth's as we walked and made small chat.

"I'm impressed that you and Hayley have not gotten into any altercation during the weekend." I said to Elizabeth—the fair looked very pretty tonight, it was all lit up with colorful lights while there was remains of snow over the floor and on top of some roofs of the gaming booths.

"You kept me busy enough for her and I not to cross." Elizabeth grinned. "Was that your plan all along?"

"You got me, I was sent to guard you by Morgan to avoid a blood spill between you too." I joked.

"Well you kept me under your sight just perfectly."

"Under my sight was not the only thing you I kept you under." I laughed when I saw Elizabeth blush and roll her eyes.

"You and your comments."

"You blush a lot for such an intimidating woman."

"You think I'm intimidating?" She raised a brow.

"Don't take it the wrong way, I think it's sexy on you." I put my arm around her shoulders and got on the line for the cotton candy. Once I bought the cotton candy we all sat in two tables because we all didn't fit in one.

"I can't believe we all are leaving tomorrow already." Morgan deflated against Hayley's side.

"Don't get sad Mor, is not like we don't have plans to see each other in Christmas." Jason tried to cheer her up.

"Right, you are coming over to Canada in Christmas. We'll see each other in a couple of months." I pointed to the other table with Dana, Michael, Elizabeth and Monique—I was supposed to be there and I was until I sneaked to talk to this side of the group as well.

"Unfortunately," Hayley said to me.

"I'm amazed you have behaved Duvall. You haven't gotten in any fights with Elizabeth."

"Why would I? She's obviously more interested exploring between your legs than anything else." Hayley taunted making Jason and Norah snort. I glared at Morgan. Morgan and her big fucking mouth. "She didn't have to tell me, the whole house heard you going like rabbits. I'll send you my therapy bills."

"Please do maybe you'll actually get fixed." I shot back—the blonde was about to throw the cotton candy to me before Morgan caught her hand and stopped.

"Kaden leave her alone." Morgan gave me a look.

"Whatever, I'm going back to my table!" I stood up.

"We don't want you here either." Monique commented making me narrow my eyes at her.

"You are such a sweetheart." I mumbled as Elizabeth dragged me down by the arm to sit on the table besides her. "Hi again." I said to the English woman once the other three resumed their own conversation.

"Hi, ready for your last night of the trip?"

"Depends, am I spending it in your room." I got closer to her so only she could hear the last part.

"You've behaved today so I guess I could concede you that parting gift." A smirk displayed in her luscious lips.

"The way you say parting gift breaks my heart." I exaggerated putting my hand over my chest.

"I'm sure it won't be for long, but just in case."

"In case you go back to your ex?" I questioned.

"Or in case you—" I put my finger on her lips not letting her finish that sentence in front of everyone.

"Ew can you two not." Monique looked at me with disgust on her face.

"I don't mind." Dana said getting a laugh out of Michael.

"We are just talking calm down." I said.

"One never knows with you." Monique shrugged and resumed her conversation.

I will definitely miss the banter with her, and pretty much everything from this trip—even Hayley but mainly because I like to get under her skin. But Jason is right we are seeing each other again soon... I just hope Elizabeth is included in that soon.

Unfortunately the night slipped away too quickly.

"Thank you for driving me to the airport, Morgan and Jason wouldn't have let me get on the plane otherwise." I turned to Elizabeth from the passenger seat of her fancy Porsche.

"It was no issue, I don't really have a flight itinerary."

"Right because you own a plane."

"Yes and because I own the airline." She stated cockily with a smirk.

"That was hot." I blurted out.

Elizabeth hummed and pulled me by my collar over the panel and kissed me. "Call me, text me." She said in-between kisses.

"How about you come visit some time." I suggested briefly backing from her lips before being brought back to them.

"I'll definitely think about it." She gave me a last peck before fully parting.

"Let me know if you go back to your ex." I repeated the words from last night.

She sighed, "I can't assure you it won't happen."

"I know, that's why I'm asking for a heads up." I could see it that the 'complicated' situation with her ex was more complex than she could even explain, no matter if she liked me or I her. A day of knowing someone can't compare to a deeper bond of years.

"I will. And you let me know if you finish breaking off that marriage." Elizabeth laughed at the look on my face.

"It's not funny!"

She kissed my cheek still giggling a bit, "Oh darling it is very funny. You are a disaster, no wonder you are best friend's with Morgan."

"It's that why you liked the both of us?" I raised a brow at her.

"Touché."

"That's what I thought."

"Anyway, give me the heads up on that regardless." She insisted.

"There won't be anything else with Jessie, I don't there currently is after I broke the arrangement we had by sleeping with you." Jessie will definitely not be happy with it, but it's maybe for the best this affair between us ends... better sooner than later, before someone truly get hurts.

"We'll see about that." Elizabeth said—I  didn't bother opposing her anymore, I was going to be late for my flight otherwise.

"I should get going."

She nodded, "It was a pleasure meeting you Kaden."

"In more ways than one?" I teased her.

"Yes."

"It was a pleasure meeting you too." I smiled at her.

Elizabeth leaned and kissed me once again, "For the trip, be safe and text me when you land."

"Yes ma'am." I jokingly saluted her.

"Bye Kaden."

"Bye Elizabeth." I looked her one last time before exiting the car.

Now vacations are over and the consequences can't be damned anymore, they now need to be faced. The outcome being for worst or for the better.

A part of me was doubting which one it will be... or if there was one for the better at all.

A/N - Oh the trip is officially over. Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 258 40
She was just that girl who always did her work at school, never caused trouble, was always quiet in the classroom and never felt like she belong with...
150K 8.2K 51
They say Junior Year of College is the hardest, but for Iris, it's for new beginnings. It's never too late to live your dreams, which is precisely w...
416K 13.6K 102
A car accident started it all. Being pushed away Smart remarks And overall memory lost!! *Amari* How can she not, we are in love, the feelings, the...