FALLING APART daryl dixon

By elizabethhstonemm

"feeling so tired, really falling apart" t.walking dead daryl dixon x fem! oc season 1 - season 11 slow burn... More

EPIGRAPHY
INTRODUCTION
SOUNDTRACK
ACT ONE - OPEN ROAD
o n e - when everything went to shit
t w o - traffic jam
t h r e e - trouble
f o u r - living memory
f i v e - time for the truth
s i x - cosmic connection
s e v e n - too many people
e i g h t - welcome to the big city
n i n e - helicopter boy
t e n - Rick Grimes, huh
e l e v e n - tell it to the frogs
t w e l v e - plans gone wrong
t h i r t e e n - neither will I
f o u r t e e n - you reap what you sow
f i f t e e n - felt like losing
s i x t e e n - the cdc
s e v e n t e e n - the big explosion
e i g h t e e n - Rick sighing off.
ACT TWO - The farm
n i n e t e e n - only one second
t w e n t y - looking
t w e n t y - o n e - the music died.
t w e n t y - t w o - stay alive
t w e n t y - t h r e e - i want that peace for us
t w e n t y - f o u r - Cherokee Rose
t w e n t y - f i v e - Daryl got shot
t w e n t y - s i x - Force of Gravity
t w e n t y - s e v e n - Sophia
t w e n t y - e i g h t - no more hope
t h i r t y - I'd blow up the entire world for you.
t h i r t y - o n e - Survival of the Fittest
t h i r t y - t w o - Randall's missing.
t h i r t y - t h r e e - this isn't a democracy anymore
ACT III. The prison
t h i r t y - f o u r - What if?
t h i r t y - f i v e - Home sweet home
t h i r t y - s i x - you busy?
t h i r t y - s e v e n - Shit happens.
t h i r t y - e i g h t - What do you want?
t h i r t y - n i n e - Goodnight, love.
f o r t y - Heartache's Lullaby;
f o r t y - o n e - Bound by shadows;
f o r t y - t w o - Trapped in
f o r t y - t h r e e - A father's fury

t w e n t y - n i n e - The Sheriff and the right hand woman.

417 13 0
By elizabethhstonemm

Then in the doorway, stood two men being cascaded in light, clad in old T-Shirts and a flat cap. One small and one large, their guns visible - they were brave enough to say a word in the people's presence.

- Son of a bitch! - The smaller man said. - They're alive.

All the plans Rick had flew out the window when the two strangers turned up on their doorstep. His first thoughts were, "Guard", "Protect". Whether it be to keep up his own guard or protect those he was surrounded by. His daughter was there. She almost died a few weeks ago.

The two strangers eventually sat down near Hershel.

Glenn had ushered Alycia behind the bar, his arms leaning on it whilst she sat stiffly on the stool. Her eyes became icy at the sight of the strangers, and she had not said a word. Hershel stood still where he had been for the past couple hours, supported by his elbow.

The man bearing the Strafford shirt leaned back as the Sheriff poured his friends, and new-found "friends" a drink into a couple of shot glasses - All except for Alycia and Hershel.

- I'm Dave - He said offhandedly, he looked between the other man and Rick. Dave immediately knew who the leader was, and the right-hand woman and man, and the plan B. Dave was smart, unlike his counterpart. Dave pointed to him. - That scrawny looking douche-bag there is Tony.

- Eat me, Dave - Tony chuckled.

- Hey, maybe someday I will - Dave eyed the drink Rick had poured him, reaching out to take it.

The problem they had was that not only was Dave smart, but Alycia and Rick Grimes too. So as Dave eyed their group, Rick and Alycia watched their every move.

- We met on I-95 coming out of Philly. Damn shit-show that was.

Glenn, unlike everyone else, had a grin plastered on his face. He was practically ecstatic. The girl beside him hadn't blinked her eyes away from Dave. - I'm Glenn. It's nice to meet some new people.

Alycia stayed quiet, watching. In alert.

- Rick Grimes - The ex-Sheriff offered his name, only breaking eye contact briefly as he handed Glenn his drink. He was trying to push off the attention Alycia was getting from the man. He looked at Alycia as he was trying to signal something to her, which she got.

Rick handed Tony a glass as well, and not one to Hershel.

- How about you, pal? Have one? - Dave asked, looking between the plan B and the right, the two people not having drinks.

- I just quit - The old man answered, his voice still scratchy from what he had consumed, slurred and imprecise. Hershel's eyes seemed lazier as he squinted to see the men. His drunkenness could not be suppressed.

- You've got a unique sense of timing, my friend - Dave smiled, being genuinely humorous.

Rick spoke up for his friend.

- His name's Hershel. He lost people today, a lot of them - The experience of the situation in Rick's voice was almost painful.

Dave caught up on that, taking a moment of silence as he finally took his eyes off everyone.

- I'm truly sorry to hear that - Dave said.

He gulped, lifting up his glass.

- To better days and new friends. And to our dead, may they be in a better place - Dave said. They all lifted their glass in unison, Rick and Dave looking through the liquid and glass to Dave, who did the same. Alycia and Hershel stayed still.

Dave noticed how Alycia deciphered him, he calculated that she already knew what type of person he was. And Dave was correct.

- What about you? - He gestured towards her. - You got a name?

The mood changed now. It was personal, for all of them. Glenn shifted uncomfortably beside Alycia, putting himself in front of her. Rick Grimes was in a high alert state, and even Hershel, who was drunk at this point, was more sober.

- Alycia. Alycia Clark - She answered, halting her tapping fingers. Her head was tilted downwards to where her eyes had to be rolled back to look at him.

- Pretty name to a pretty girl - Tony interjected. Dave rolled his eyes.

- Grimes, huh? - Dave repeatedly looks between daughter and father. The man nodded, pushing his glass across to the other side of the table, reminding himself not to drink too much. When he did that, the gun tucked into the waistband of his jeans showed itself. He saw at the corner of his eye, Rick and Alycia looking suspiciously between him and the gun in question.

So, he pulled it out to show.

- Not bad, huh? - Dave laid it out on his hand to show them, crossing one leg over the other. - I got it off a cop.

- I'm a cop - Rick said immediately.

- This one was already dead - Dave was fast to counteract, he smiled, trying to keep the mood from getting darker if he could.

The man would be lying if he said that nervousness didn't get shot through him every time Alycia and Rick blinked at him.

- Your fellas are a long way from Philadelphia - Rick said.

- It feels like we're a long way from anywhere.

- What drove you south? - Alycia asked.

Calculated and cold.

- Well, I can tell you it wasn't the weather - Dave pinched the bridge of his nose, recalling his colder hometown. - I must've dropped thirty pounds in sweat alone down here.

- I wish - Tony interjected.

- No, first it was DC. I heard there might be some kind of refugee camp, but the roads were so jammed, we never even got close - Dave remembered. - We decided to get off the highways, into the sticks, and keep hauling ass. Every group we came across had a new rumour about a way out of this thing.

- One guy told us there was a coast guard-center in the gulf, sending ferries to the island. The latest was a rail yard in Montgomery running trains to the middle of the country, Kansas, Nebraska.

- Nebraska? - Glenn spoke up.

- Low population, lots of guns - Tony answered.

- Kinda makes sense - Glenn said looking at Alycia.

- You ever been to Nebraska, kid? - Dave tilted his head. - The reason they call 'em fly over states.

Dave gave his friend a smile, looking back down to his lat.

- How about you guys? - Dave asked.

There was silence. Nobody knew what to say exactly.

- Fort Benning, eventually - Rick said.

- I hate to piss in your cornflakes, officer, but - Dave said. - We ran across a grunt who was stationed at Benning, he said the place was overrun by lamebrains.

Glenn's face dropped.

- Wait, Fort Bennington is gone? Are you for real?

- Sadly, I am - Dave said, biting his lips before answering. - Ugly truth is there is no way out of this mess, just keep going from one pipe dream to the next, praying one of these mindless freaks doesn't grab a hold of you when you sleep. Yeah, it doesn't look like you guys are hanging your hats here. You hold it somewhere else?

Something turned inside Rick. A compass.

- Not really - Je peered at the man in front of him.

- Those cars out front? - Dave also brushed off the hint.

- Yeah. Why? - Glenn answered.

- We're living in ours - Dave said. - Those look kinda empty, clean. Where's all your gear?

Rick lifted his arms to rest his elbow on the bar, he looked over his right shoulder to look at Alycia. She looked back at him, and they both knew that they were on each other's side in this game.

After that confirmation, he looked back to Dave but Hershel spoke up.

- We're with a larger group. Out scouting, we thought we could use a drink.

- A drink? Hershel, I thought you quit - Dave was always good at spotting errors in stories.

- Well, we're thinking about setting up around here. Is it safe?

- It can be - Glenn's said. Alycia gave him a look, which he got.

- Not a guarantee - Alycia added, her voice like a whisper. - There's never a sure moment living anywhere, anymore. It's all a guessing game. You never know if a walker is around the next corner or the fifth.

- Walkers? - He asked. - That what you call em?

- Yeap - She said.

- That's good. I like that better than lamebrains.

- More succinct - Tony interrupted.

- Ok, Tony went to college - Dave lifted a hand to the back of his neck.

- Two years.

-So, what, you guys set up on the outskirts or something? That new development? - He pointed his thumb towards the door. A silent invitation for himself.

- Trailer park or something? - Tony leaned forwards and got up from his seat, starting to walk over to the opposite wall.

- A farm? - Dave prodded. - Old McDonald had a farm... - He sang, eyes trailing after his friend, as did Rick's. Then his eyes snapped to Rick. - You on a farm?

"A farm", rang through Rick and Alycia's head. The farm where Carl was. Where Lori's and their unborn child was. Where Daryl was. Their family. Their friends.

- Is it safe? It's gotta be - Tony said.

- You got food, water? - Dave thought of the important things.

- You got cooze? Ain't had a piece of ass in weeks.

Alycia nearly got whiplash at how fast she turned her head towards him. The tenacity he must have to say that in front of her must have made him blind stupid.

She saw how her father turned his head to look at her discreetly. He still had his arm placed next hers, and his palm now lay flat.

Her jaw clenched, and her head tilted downwards, eyes still on him. Rick tapped the bar once, very lightly.

- Listen, pardon my friend - Dave hastily told Alycia. - City kids, they got no tact. No respect - His eyes turned slightly angry.

So, Dave knew out of all of them, it was either Glenn or Hershel who would bend to words.

- So, listen, Glenn..

- We've said enough - Rick had enough. So did Alycia.

- Well, hang on a second. This farm sounds pretty sweet. Don't it sound sweet, Tony?

- Yeah, real sweet - He answered, finishing himself off and zipping up his pants.

- How about a little southern hospitality? - There was a pause. - We got some buddies back at camp, been having a real hard time. I don't see why you can't make room for a few more. We could pool our resources and manpower.

Rick stopped him before he could go any further.

- Look, I'm sorry. That's not an option.

- Doesn't sound like it'd be a problem - Dave said.

- Buddy, it isn't happening - Alycia snapped. Her eyes still hadn't left Tony. He should have been scared. - We can't take in any more people.

- So, definitely no southern hospitality - Tony drawled.

There was a pause.

- You guys are something else. I thought, I thought we were friends - Dave couldn't help but chuckle.

No one said a word.

- We got people we gotta look out for, too - Dave said.

Rick shrugged.

- We don't know anything about you.

- No, that's true - He shifted under their gazes. - You don't know anything about us. You don't know what we've had to go through to get here. The things we've had to do - He jutted his jaw out, thinking. - I bet you've had to do some of those things yourself. Am I right? Cause' ain't nobody's hand clean in what's left of this world. We're all the same. So, come on, let's take a nice friendly hayride to this farm and we'll get to know each other.

Rick only shrugged again.

- That's not gonna happen - There was a sick smile on his face.

- Rick...

- This is bullshit! - Tony exclaimed.

- Calm down! - Rick hissed.

- Don't tell me to calm down. Don't ever tell me to calm down - Dave tried to calm down his friend but was put down before he could even get a word in. - I'll shoot you three assholes in the head, and take your damn farm along with Missy here.

Both Alycia and Rick ross from their seats. Rick's lean body strode steadily towards the man, and Alycia stood furiously glued to her spot. Glenn in front of her, tried to shield her again. Dave intervened between the two men.= Relax! - He hushed his friend. - Take it easy. Nobody's killing anybody.

He lay a hand on Rick's shoulder briefly.

- Nobody's shooting anybody. Right, Rick?

Alycia's head was tilted downwards again, eyes upwards, but not at him. At Tony.

- Now, where's the good stuff, huh? - Dave clapped his hands together, rubbing them together. - Good stuff, good stuff, let's see.

The Sheriff latched his hand to the grip of his gun.

Alycia did it too.

They could see that Dave was nervous.

He concealed it by talking more.

- Hey - He grinned, holding up a full bottle of scotch. - That'll work. You gotta understand, we can't stay out there. You know what it's like.

- Yes, we do - Alycia said. - But you are not coming to the farm with us. No ifs, no maybes, no buts, no possibilities. Just a stray answer. And it is "no".

Rick continued.

- You'll have to keep looking.

- Keep looking - Dave echoed. - Where do you suggest we do that?

Rick thought for a moment, shrugging his shoulders.

- I don't know. I hear Nebraska's nice.

Dave bared his teeth and laughed.

- Nebraska - He echoed Rick's voice again, in a mocking tone. He lifted his eyebrows for a moment and looked around. - This guy...

He kept the smile on his face, taking a last look at the girl.

Alycia looked at Dave.

Dave looked between Alycia and Rick.

Rick just looked directly at Dave.

The man latched his hand around his gun.

But Rick was faster.

Dave's head flung back, facing the ceiling as his wound sprayed blood on the mirror behind.

Alycia spun on her heel to Tony, pulling the trigger at his shoulder. Then his stomach.

Tony reacted slowly as he shot at the ceiling, causing parts of it and dust to fall onto him. His body slid down the wall.

Rick looked at his daughter and cooked his gun one more time, taking three steps forward and firing again. To the head.

Another thud, and then they were both gone.

Alycia stayed absolutely still.

She killed someone, a living person.

She stood there, as Glenn and Hershel looked wide eyed at Rick.

Glenn's jaw shook as he witnessed his best friend look at the bodies. One body that she shot.

Rick looked to Glenn.

- You all right?

- Yeah - He whispered.

- Aly? - Rick went near her. - It was him or you, kiddo, it's ok.

He put a hand on her shoulders.

The responsibility the girl had to face in life, the man felt so bad for her.

- I'm ok, dad, I'm alright - She whispered. He knew it was bullshit.

There was an almost uncomfortable silence as she walked around. She leaned against Rick, tired.

- Let's head back - Hershel proposed, taking steps back away from the scene in front of him.

- Please! - Alycia said.

Lights passed the windows, and the shadows danced, setting panic into the four person's veins.

Rick pulled Alycia along with him, as she did the same with Glenn.

They all looked at each other, Glenn to Rick, crouched with a gun in his arms.

- Tony? - A stranger yelled. - I'm telling you, man, I heard shots!

There was more bickering whilst Alycia watched Glenn shift in his position beside her out of nervousness, she only held his hand.

They all kept listening, peeping through the windows in hopes of them going away.

Back at the farm, Carl's eyes stayed focused on the doily-like cloth that was laid on the table. It reminded him of Alycia.

He missed her.

Carl missed his sister.

She didn't even say goodbye to him.

- Carl, I want you to keep your head up, ok? - Shane's voice cut his thoughts short. - Your old man, he's the toughest son of a...

- No cussing in the house - Patricia's voice interrupted.

Shane gave a short smile before apologizing.

T-Dog passed the bread to the boy next to him, but Carl put the basket down on the other side of him.

Carol walked to the doorway, calling out.

- Lori! Dinner.

- She's not in there - Maggie turned in her seat.

- Where is she? - Dale leaned forward.

Nobody knew it.

- Carl, when's the last time you saw your mom? - Shane asked.

- This afternoon - He answered in a small voice.

Andrea spoke up.

- She was worried about Rick, and asked me to look in on Carl. She wanted to look for Alycia.

- She went after them? - Dale inquired.

- She didn't say that!

- Of course she did, Alycia went with Rick, Lori must've been going mad.

Back at the bar, Rick slid up the wall, opening the curtain a little wider.

- Why won't they leave? - Glenn whispered.

- Would you? - Hershel replied.

Rick began to take charge.

- We can' sit here any longer - His voice strained. - Let's head out to the back and make a run to the car.

Hershel nodded surely.

So they tried to, but the strangers strode closer. Her back pressing against the wood. She wasn't prepared for that hard of a push. She pushed back the door, and Glenn left his shotgun on the floor as he crawled quickly to press his own self against the door to help her.

- What?

- Someone pushed it shut.

Glenn bit his lip and he shook.

A discussion began when Rick Grimes decided to answer the people outside.

Rick stood up and aimed his gun through the hole in the window, shooting once then shouting at Glenn, Hershel and Alycia.

- Get outta here! Go!

Hershel and Glenn stayed low as they scurried to the back of the bar.

Alycia was practically being dragged by Glenn.

- I'll hold'em here. You cover Glenn. See if you can make it your car. Tell him, tell him to pull up back. We'll run for it, get the hell out of here - Rick started to think of a plan saying to Alycia.

- I'm not leaving you, that is not up for discussion - Alycia said back.

- You are so... Stubborn, Alycia! Just do what I'm sayin'.

- No! Hershel will cover for Glenn.

- You missed all that gun training...

- Nah, I can shoot. I just don't like to - He went to walk away.

She gave Glenn a look. He understands it. They're a team, but she needed to help her father.

A few moments later, a sound of gunshots coming from where Hershel had walked to, Rick and Alycia panicked, they both made it to the back, and Rick poked his head out to see Hershel under the lintel, gun raised and ready.

- What happened? - Rick asked.

- He fired - Hershel's voice shook. - He must've hit Glenn - Hershel turned to look at the dumpster where Glenn had ducked down to. - He's behind the dumpster.

The boy was alive. A teenager.

Hershel came over and begged for Rick to leave him, Glenn said it too, and Alycia just watched.

- He was shooting at us! - Glenn pointed out.

- He's a kid - Rick snarled.

- Come on dad, look who he's been hanging out - Alycia pointed out too. - We need to go, now! This place is crawling with walkers.

- We can't leave him!

So they took the boy with them. All Alycia could think about was coming home. To her family.

- You ok, Glenn? - Alycia asked.

- Yeah! - He whispered while holding her hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

724K 17.7K 72
-.ใƒปใ€‚.ใƒปใ‚œโœญใƒป.ใƒปโœซใƒปใ‚œใƒปใ€‚. ๐“๐–๐ƒ | ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ; ๐˜ช...
19.6K 913 16
แด„แด€ส€สŸ ษขส€ษชแดแด‡๊œฑ x แดœษดแด…แด‡แด€แด… ๊œฐแด‡แด!แดแด„ โ™ข ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก. ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. โ™ข ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก...
23.2K 595 30
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ ๐š ๐›๐จ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐ฌ๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ซ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฑ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐›๐จ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ'๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๏ฟฝ...