Phoenix (mha x oc)

By Knerd14

Hawks' niece comes to live with him in order to study at UA High School, and along the way, she meets many pe... More

Character Description
Chapter 1: Uncle?
Chapter 2: The Entrance Exam
Chapter 3: First Day at UA
Chapter 4: Combat Training
Chapter 5: Chaos
Chapter 6: USJ
Chapter 7: New Scars
Chapter 8: Spilling Secrets...
Chapter 9: The Aftermath
Chapter 10: The Sports Festival Pt. 1
Chapter 11: The Sports Festival Pt. 2
Chapter 12: The Sports Festival Pt. 3
Chapter 13: Concern
Chapter 14: Confidence
Chapter 15: Two Knives
Chapter 16: Risen from the Ashes
Chapter 17: Train Buddies
Chapter 18: Study Buddies
Chapter 19: The Final
Chapter 21: I-Island Expo
Chapter 21: Training Camp
Chapter 23: Calamity
Chapter 24: A Bond Born in Trauma
Chapter 25: Late Nights and Big Fights
Chapter 26: Recovery
Chapter 27: Staying with the Bakugos
Chapter 28: Dorms and a Blue Eye
Chapter 29: Ultimate Moves and Therapy
Chapter 30: The License Exam Pt. 1
Chapter 31: The Licensing Exam Pt. 2
Chapter 32: An Explanation and a Work Study
Chapter 33: Working with Fae and a Meeting
Chapter 34: A Plan
Chapter 35: Go!
Chapter 36: Fiery Determination
Chapter 37: Survivor's Guilt
Chapter 38: A Supplemental Lesson
Chapter 39: Surprise
Chapter 40: Performance
Chapter 41: A Deal

Chapter 20: Shopping Incidents

1.2K 35 2
By Knerd14

Tanaka's POV

I walked into the classroom and saw that many of my classmates were there. I took my seat in front of Bakugo, sitting sideways as usual, and watched as my classmates conversed with each other. Aizawa walked in and we all quieted down. "Alright, unfortunately there were a few people that failed the practical. Kirishima, Sato, Ashido, Kaminari, and Sero. However, everyone's going to the training camp," Aizawa stated.

"WHAT???" the class exclaimed.

"Well, none of you failed the written exam. And not to mention, those who failed need the most help and training, which this camp will provide," Aizawa explained.

"You've deceived us for a second time! If you continue to do this, we may lose faith in you!" Iida exclaimed.

"It was a rational deception to make you motivated to do your best. However, failure is still failure. Therefore, the five who failed will be receiving extra supplemental classes during the training camp," Aizawa growled.

The five students who failed deflated, but instantly perked up again as Aizawa handed out the pamphlets containing the camp's information. "Pack accordingly," was all Aizawa said before he slipped into his sleeping bag.

I looked through my pamphlet and quirked a brow, "Hot springs? What are those?" I asked.

All the girls and some of the boys instantly turned to me in shock. "What?! How do you not know what a hot spring is?!" Mina asked.

I nervously chuckled and said, "My parents never took me and I haven't lived with Keigo for very long."

They took that answer and talked about things they needed to buy. "Man, I need to buy a lot of things..." I muttered.

"How about we all go to the mall together?" Momo asked.

"That sounds fun!" I exclaimed.

And so, the next day I found myself with a group of my classmates at a mall. When I told Keigo where I was going, he insisted on giving me one of his many credit cards. 'At least I'll have enough money to buy things,' I thought to myself as we walked around. People started recognizing us from the Sports Festival before we decided to split up to get things that we needed. I didn't know what to do, so I aimlessly followed a group of my classmates to a random store, but as I was browsing the store, I realized I was alone. 'They must not have realized I was with them...' I thought to myself as I picked out some hiking boots and a duffle bag. 

I then noticed something strange. I turned around and there was someone staring at me. He had pale, pointed hair. Something about him was so familiar, but I decided to just shrug it off and continued through the store, only to find myself going toward the man. 'He must have just recognized me or thought I looked like Keigo...' I thought to myself as I approached him. 

"Fuka Tanaka," he said, causing me to stop.

I gulped and turned to him, "Yes?" 

Before he could say more, I noticed a very familiar pattern on a patch that was sitting on the collar of his jacket. A flower with a symbol in the middle. My eyes widened and my heart sank. 'Shie Hassaikai...'

"Overhaul has missed you..." he said as one of his strands of hair shot out and stabbed me. 

"K-Kurono..." I whispered, finally recognizing the man as my body slowed considerably.

'I can't move... not quick enough at least... damn his quirk,' I thought to myself as he approached me. "Don't make a sound. Overhaul wasn't very pleased to see that you had caught the hero sickness... but no matter, I need assistance. Which toy would a little girl like the most? The doll or the ball?"

I gulped and said, "I-it depends on t-the girl... w-who is she...?"

Kurono smirked, "Well, do you remember Eri? The old boss's granddaughter."

The name rang a bell, and a very small, maybe three year-old face came to mind. She had gray-blue hair, red eyes, and a small horn on the right side of her forehead. I met her regularly for about three months before the incident. After my training with Kai, he would often put me in her room so I could keep her calm which would keep her from trying to run away. She was very shy when I first met her, but after a little while, she opened up and turned out to be a very sweet and caring girl. I also remember that Kai was very intent on experimenting on her, just like he wanted to work on me after seeing the resurrection part of my quirk. Poor girl...

"P-probably t-the doll..." I muttered, realizing that she has been left with Overhaul all alone for the past three years.

'I haven't even done anything to try to save her...' I thought to myself with guilt absolutely wracking my body.

"Thank you. By the way, Overhaul misses you. Your quirk still intrigues him, so he will be very pleased with your return," he stated tauntingly as he grabbed my shoulder and dragged me out of the store. 

I was unable to resist due to his quirk, so I watched helplessly as he dragged me through the mall, no one really caring enough to try to stop him. Then, I heard a familiar voice call out. "Tanaka? Who's that guy?" 

I glanced over and saw Mina, Kirishima, Sero, and Kaminari all staring at me. They then noticed my panicked expressed just before the PA sounded, "A villain has been sighted, evacuate the mall!"

Kurono looked between the panicking crowd and my approaching friends and cursed, letting go of my arm and running away, blending into the crowd. The group walked up to me and asked, "What was that? What happened Tanaka? Are you ok?"

I gulped, "Q-quirk. I-I can't move..."

The all gasped and Kirishima picked me up bridal style, rushing us out of the mall and toward the police. "Hey! My friend was hit by a quirk and can't move!" Kirishima shouted as we approached.

The police turned and rushed toward us. "Hand her to us, we'll take care of her," a policeman said.

Kirishima nodded and let them carry me. They carried me to their police cars and I saw Midoriya standing near them. "Tanaka?!" he asked, rushing toward me. 

"Ok, I need to ask, are you seriously injured?" the officer asked.

"N-no. I-I have a s-small cut f-from where h-he activated h-his quirk... b-but I'm o-ok," I said quietly.

"Ok, then we are going to take you to the station with your friend here for some questioning," the officer stated, putting me down gently in the back of the police car.

Midoriya sat down beside me with concern in his eyes. "What happened to you, Tanaka?" he asked.

I lowered my head and whispered, "Y-you know how my parents are apart of a y-yakuza?"

He nodded and I whispered so quietly I could barely even hear myself, "O-one of the members just tried to k-kidnap me..."

Midoriya's eyes widened and he asked, "Are you ok?"

"Y-yeah, I-I just can't move any faster than a s-snail for about an hour..." I whispered, "W-what about you...? What a-are you doing here...?"

"Shigaraki... he found me and threatened to kill me. He then started ranting about the Hero Killer, but Uraraka found me so he let me go and walked away," Midoriya whispered.

I closed my eyes in acknowledgement, "A-at least y-you're ok."

He nodded and they stopped the police car at the station. The cops opened our doors and let Midoriya out, but when they remembered that I couldn't move, one bent down to pick me up bridal style. We entered the station and they took us to separate rooms, the officer sitting me down on a chair in an interrogation room. "Alright, what's your name?" the officer asked.

"F-Fuka Tanaka..." 

"Now can you describe what had happened to you?" the officer asked, sitting across from me.

"A-a man approached me and s-stabbed me with his hair, t-then I couldn't move. H-he then tried to d-drag me out o-of the mall..." I admitted.

"Describe him," the officer asked.

If I describe him, then they will easily find him. However, the Hassaikai will immediately know it was me, so then they'd target me with more intent to harm than just kidnap... they could also target my friends... it's safer to lie. "I-I don't know... tall? He h-had a hood o-on so I c-couldn't really see."

"I see. Thank you for your information. I'm glad you're safe, and I'd recommend carrying something like pepper spray for self defense, it's unwise for a young woman such as yourself to be alone without protection," the officer advised.

I slowly nodded, my range of motion slowly coming back. "If that's all, we can take you out to the waiting room until your movement comes back. Is there a parent or guardian we can contact?" the officer asked.

"M-my uncle... h-his number is o-on my phone," I answered.

The officer came over and took my phone out of my jacket pocket with permission, and I gave him my password so he could call Keigo. "Hello? Is this the uncle of Fuka Tanaka?"

...

"My name is Officer Takano, a friend of your niece's found her about to be kidnapped by a mysterious man," the officer said.

...

"She's ok, we have her here at the station."

...

"Fair warning, she is still under the influence of the man's quirk, so she's unable to move very much at the moment."

...

"Okay, thank you sir."

The officer hung up and handed me my phone. I very slowly took it and he helped me up. He supported my weight as we walked out of the room. "T-thank you, officer," I whispered.

"Of course," he said with a small smile.

We walked into the waiting room of the station and I was sat down on one of the chairs. Then, I saw Midoriya walking out of an interrogation room. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

"A bit better... I still can't move as much..." I admitted.

Midoriya nodded and I saw a tall but very thin man with messy blonde hair and a sunken in face approach us. "All Mi-" Midoriya started, but then stopped, glancing at me.

"W-wait, that's All Might?" I asked, noticing that he had a lot of similarities to the number one hero. 

All Might and Midoriya flinched, but I very weakly and slowly waved them off, "It's ok, your secret is safe with me."

They nodded, but then a thought came to mind, "Midoriya... you didn't tell them anything that I told you in the police car, did you...?" I whispered.

He shook his head, "They didn't ask, I guess they figured that we wouldn't know each other's situations."

I breathed a sigh of relief, "Ok... please don't tell anyone... I don't need the yakuza trying to target me and our friends because I imprisoned the boss's right hand man."

Midoriya hesitantly nodded. "What are you two talking about?" All Might asked.

"Nothing important, teenage stuff, y'know," I quickly said.

All Might took the explanation and we were able to leave the station. Midoriya's mom and Keigo both ran toward us. 

"Fuka!"

"Izuku!"

"Hey, I'm ok," I reassured as he mother-birded me.

"The fuck you are! You almost got kidnapped!" Keigo yelled, causing me to flinch.

He then wrapped his arms around me, holding my head to his shoulder. I then looked over to see Midoriya comforting his crying mom. "Inko," I said.

She looked over at me and gasped, "Tanaka! Are you ok? What happened to you?" 

"I'm ok, and so is he," I said gesturing to Midoriya, "Our friends and the police made sure that nothing bad happened."

That seemed to calm her down a bit and they went into the taxi to go home while Keigo picked me up bridal style and flew us home. 

'Now the Hassaikai is on my tail again...' I thought to myself during the flight, fear seizing my body.

Unbeknownst to me, they weren't the only ones set on taking me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 467 42
(COMPLETE) I create the oc. Yuriko Nakajima was offered to go in UA by her mother, who is a Pro hero. She met Shinsou in unexpected situation. What...
3.9K 47 11
It's your first day at U.A. High School. You're the daughter of the famous hero Triple Z and you inherited part of her amazing quirk. On your first d...
8.2K 380 30
A my hero academia fanfiction. Have you ever wondered what happened to the students of UA after they left school? After they went their own ways? Man...
1.5M 45.4K 41
(Y/N) is a new student at UA high. She moved away with her dad a few years ago after her mom disappeared. While she lived here, her two friends Izuku...