Farmeed / One-shot Series

By YaamiThinksNot

A series of separate, made up scenarios for Farjaad and Umeed. Sharing a little piece of my brainriot with yo... More

~ a dreamy proposal ~
~ a shopping saga ~
~"ye mera office hai"~
~taaron se karein baatein~
~ a disaster date? ~
~ a disaster date 2 ~
~ holding on and letting go ~
~ home is wherever I'm with you ~
~ twinning, or maybe not~
~chai aur ice-cream?~
~choti choti khushyaan~
~ one ring is all it takes ~
~ late mornings and celebrations ~
~ chitta kukkar baneray te ~
~it's just a game~
~ through thick and thin ~
~ happy anniversary ~
~ an unwanted dinner ~
~ loving can hurt? ~
~ pretty little lies ~
~ we're a team, right? ~
~ we're a great team! ~
~ the realities of life ~
~ our little fairytale ~
~ you're my medicine ~
~ hello, welcome home~
~ starry night~

~ a cliched date night~

1.1K 58 17
By YaamiThinksNot

"Mmmm, nahi, ye bhi nahi"

Umeed huffed out of annoyance as Farjaad tossed away YET another one of her shirts after analysing it in full detail. She was really about to give this man a piece of her mind. 

"Uff Farjaad, ye koi pachisween shirt hai jo aap ne reject ki hai. Mujhe bata dein na, kahan ja rahay hein, kis tarah ki shirt dhoond rahay hein? Mein nikaal leti hoon khudi kuch!"

"Nahi, kuch nahi hai yahan."

Umeed gasped, taking full offence. She had a fantastic wardrobe. How dare he?

"Sunein, aap aisay nahi mere - "

He raised one of his hands, shushing her up as he began rummaging through his side of the closet, taking out one of his white polo shirts and tossing it Umeed's way. 

"Mein kya karoon is ka?"

"Shirt hai Umeed, kya kartay hein shirts ka? Aaj tum ye pehno."

Umeed raised her eyebrow at him. 

"Mein aap ki shirt pehan ke ghar se baahir nahi ja rahi"

"Achi lagay gi tum pe, trust me!"

"Aap ne meri puri ilmaari tehas nehas karnay ke baad YE faisla kiya hai? "

"Aa ke samait lein gay, abhi time nahi hai."

He took out yet another white polo shirt as he walked into the bathroom, sticking his head out to quickly announce,

"Oh by the way, we need to go shopping. Tumharay paas to buhat kami hai kapron ki."

Umeed turned around to look at the heap of clothes on the floor and then back towards the bathroom door which was now closed. 

"Haan, aap ki tarah aik jesi shirts ka dhair laga loon mein bhi."

She mumbled to herself before taking out her jeans. 

Minutes later Umeed gave Farjaad the most confused look as they stood in front of each other. Staring at him from head to toe, and then looking down at her exact same outfit, her confusion starkly contrasted the radiating smile on Farjaad's face. 

"Farjaaad"

"Umeeeed"

He mimicked her by elongating her name but she was in no mood of jokes. 

"Koi couples competition hai kaheen?"

"Hein? Wo kya hotay hein?"

"Achaa, phir hum koi special photoshoot karanay ja rahay hein?"

"Kya bol rahi ho Umeed?"

"To hum aisay dressed kyun hein?"

"Kyun? Achay to lag rahay hein itnay. Wo kya lafz kehti ho tum, twinning, twinning kar rahay hein hum!"

Farjaad gave her the biggest toothy smile at being able to remember the term. 

"Jee, twinning to hum waqaye kar rahay hein. Khair, ab to bata dein kahan ja rahay hein."

"Kya hai Umeed? Nahi batana abhi. Surprise hai! Chalo ab, late ho rahay hein hum."

Farjaad put his sunglasses on, handed Umeed hers, before grabbing her hand and dragging her behind him. The entire car ride was just Umeed nagging Farjaad about telling her where they were going, and him ignoring her. The final move came when Farjaad blasted the music on full volume to tone down everything Umeed was saying, earning him a hard smack on his arm, which made the car loose control just momentarily. 

"Haan humein manzil pe puhanchanay ki bajaye tum seedha upar puhancha do Umeed!"

"Aap ki ghalti hai, aik gaari nahi sambhalti aap se"

"Jee, meri hi ghalti hai."

"Mujhe baat hi nahi karni aap se"

"Chalein shukar hai, kam se kam issi bahanay mein paanch minute sukoon se gaari to chala sakoon ga"

Umeed gasped and turned her entire body towards him. Farjaad bit the insides of his cheeks to stop the smile making its way to his face. 

"Bas theek hai, ab aap mintein bhi karein gay na, mein phir bhi kuch nahi bolun gi. Karein drive aap sukoon se."

Farjaad chuckled, looking at Umeed's crossed arms and pout from the corner of his eyes, before making the turn towards their destination. As he parked the car, Umeed still tried to act cool, even though the curiosity was killing her on the inside. 

Farjaad didn't even attempt to say a word, just made his way to her side of the car, holding the door open, but Umeed didn't budge. 

"Aana nahi hai?"

"Nahi, mujhe aap ke saath kaheen nahi aana. Aap jayein, mein idhar hi theek hoon."

"Umeed!"

"Serious hoon mein."

"Acha."

Farjaad leaned forward and unbuckled her seatbelt before holding her hand and carefully jumping her off the car. Umeed didn't show much resistance either. She was dying to see where they were going. Taking quick strides with Umeed's hand clasped in his own, Farjaad made his way towards the entrance. 

It was a horse-riding club!

Umeed gasped loudly and barely stopped herself from jumping. 'Act cool'. 

Farjaad has sensed her excitement, making him smile as he continued walking past a number of smaller entrance, before he made it to the very end of the open area. 

Umeed's eyes scanned around the place - wide and empty. It was just plain barren land with large boundaries and two horses tied against one wall. Farjaad was talking to the only man present in the entire area. It appeared as if Farjaad had gotten it reserved to give them privacy.

Who was she kidding? It was Farjaad. Of course he had gotten a special private area!

"Madam ko riding aati hai?"

Umeed paid attention to the conversation only when the two men went silent and she felt eyes on her. Pointing towards herself in a questioning manner, she opened her mouth to speak,

"Mujhe? Nah-"

"Jee jee ustaad jee, aati hai madam ko riding. Basics pata hein, baaqi ka mein hoon yahan, seekha doon ga."

"Chalein theek hai sir, mein yaheen qareeb hi hoon, agar koi zarorat hui to bata dijiye ga."

"Jee behtar, buhat meharbani"

The two men shook hands and the instructor brought the horses close to where they were standing, also bringing a portable stair-set to help Umeed climb. 

"Farjaad, mujhe riding ke basics to kya, alif bay bhi nahi aatay! Marwana chahtay hein aap mujhe?!"

"Aray meri jaan, mein kyun hoon yahan? Mujh se behtar koi sambhaal sakta hai aap ko?"

Umeed's eyes went soft before remembering what he said to her in the car. She simply rolled her eyes and walked towards the stairs. 

Umeed stood next to the horse momentarily, questioning whether she actually wanted to do this. 'Come on Umeed, you love horses' a voice inside her spoke. 'Yeah, but what if I fall? Zorr ki chott lagay gi' another voice spoke. 

"Madam, aap pehle bethein, phir stirrups mein paaon rakhiye ga, warna aap trip ho sakti hein"

The instructor's voice ended her internal dialogue. Taking a deep breath, she finally mustered the courage to hop on the horse, putting her feet in the stirrups and tightening her helmet. 

The instructor left and Umeed saw Farjaad sitting on his horse, looking absolutely regal and at ease. It felt like he was made for this, while Umeed couldn't stop moving around and playing with the reins. 

"Ready?"

Farjaad shouted from a distance as he very casually walked his horse right next to hers.

"Kya matlab hai ready? Ye sab kya cheezein hein, mere farishton ko bhi nahi pata! Aap marwana chahtay hein na mujhe?"

"Oho to mein bataoon ga na tumhein. Paaon thora sa peeche karo, aisay stable nahi ho ga"

Umeed listened closely to his instructions as he told her the posture in which she should sit and where to hold the reins from. 

"Acha dekho agar tum ne speed taez karni hai to reins ko dheela chor dena, aur slow karnay ke liye kheench lena. Jab turn karna ho to kick karna side se, jis taraf se kick karo gi, wo doosri taraf muray ga. Ye abhi mujhe dekho mein chala ke dekhata hoon."

Umeed observed closely as he showed her how to walk the horse. 

"Ab ready ho?"

"I guess?"

She began  slowly walking her horse, and with Farjaad's continuous instructions, she was able to do a fairly good job. Before she celebrated a little too early and let the reins loose, making her horse speed up. 

"FARJAAAAAD!"

She screamed as her horse began racing. 

"Umeed! Reins khencho!"

"Mein marnay lagi hoon!"

"Nahi mar rahi Umeed. KHENCHO REINS"

After a couple of moments, Umeed finally managed to get her horse back under control. Farjaad had expertly ran his horse to where Umeed's was, stopped it and got off, before he walked his horse to the side tied it against the wall. 

Walking back to where Umeed stood, he placed a brick next to the horse and jumped on, positioning himself behind Umeed. Umeed could feel his hard chest right next to her back, the proximity making her even more flabbergasted. After finding the perfect position, Farjaad extended his arm across Umeed's body, holding the reins in his hands. His arms shielding Umeed from both sides, as his entire body leaned over Umeed's taking a riding position. 

Umeed forgot how to breathe momentarily. Yes, they were married, and yes they had had physical contacts much more intimate, but this, in public, was driving her crazy. 

"Aisay kesay marnay de saktay hein hum apni begum sahiba ko. Wanna go for a ride, Mrs. Khan?"

Umeed couldn't even bring herself to speak as Farjaad gently held both of her hands in his, positioning them on the reins, and placing his own on top. 

"Ye dekho, yahan se pakro, ab ahista ahista dheela choro"

His hands guided her to gradually loosen the reins. They began their walk slowly, Farjaad expertly maneuvering the speed and instructing Umeed when and where to kick the horse. He gradually led her to increase the speed. Umeed had totally forgotten about being scared, in fact, she felt like this was her safe haven. Her, in his arms, pacing around the barren land. She slowly began to feel much more confident about managing the horse too, adjusting the speed and direction on her own. After about an hour of riding, they finally brought the horse to a stop. 

Farjaad hopped off the horse in one easy movement. Umeed didn't have it as easy though. She kept looking down at the ground. It was a long jump. 

"Wo serhi hai na, wo le aayein"

"Itni height bhi nahi hai Umeed, Pasha House ki chatt se to kam hi hai"

Umeed glared at the sarcastic comment, before going back to her current problem. 

"Acha ye lo, mera haath pakro, and just jump"

"Chorein gay to nahi?"

"Aaj tak chora hai kabhi? Mene tumhara haath chornay ke liye nahi thaama tha Umeed"

"Pakka"

"Pakka."

Umeed held hi stretched hand tightly before closing her eyes and taking a leap. Farjaad was quick to wrap his other arm around her waist straightaway to stable her. Umeed didn't open her eyes for a few moments, but her other hand went on to clutch Farjaad's collar, pulling him closer. He didn't resist. 

A few moments passed before Farjaad loosened Umeed's helmet taking it off of her. He carried both the helmets to a shelf placed at a distance. Umeed simply followed him, the adrenaline from the ride still pumping. 

They walked out of the club minutes later, hand in hand. Umeed felt giddy and warm at the fact that Farjaad had actually remembered that she liked horses. She always had, she just never got a chance to actually ride them. At this point, she was convinced God had gifted her with Farjaad to fulfill all her wishes and desires - without even having to be asked. How this man just knew what to do remained a mystery to her. He just walked into her life to right all wrongs, and complete all the incomplete parts. They really were soulmates. 

Farjaad kept stealing glances at her as they walked in silence, and every time he looked at her, she was already looking up at him with those big round eyes of hers, filled with love and adoration - a look Farjaad had gotten so accustomed to. Never in his life had Farjaad thought himself worthy of such unconditional love, but Umeed Pasha just entered his life and changed how he viewed himself. Every second she made him feel like he was her entire world, as if everything would collapse if he weren;t there. She made him feel special, and Farjaad loved getting himself spoiled by Umeed Pasha's love and attention. 

The silence continued during the car ride as well, but it was not at all uncomfortable. Farjaad effortlessly ran his car on the street of Karachi. They were essentially out of the main city, hence there was barely any traffic. Out of habit, Farjaad's left hand was tightly intertwined with Umeed's right one, his thumb rubbing circles on Umeed's hand.

 Some time during the ride, Farjaad began humming, and Umeed just kept staring at him, a smile etched on her face. She loved it when Farjaad was this easy and laid-back, it made her feel genuinely happy. Farjaad felt her eyes on him as he stopped humming and turned to look at her. 

"Aisay kya dekh rahi ho?"

"Awaaz achi hai aap ki. Why don't you sing more often?"

"Aray nahi, mein to aisay hi kabhi kabhi gunguna leta hoon."

"Mere kehnay pe zyada nahi gunguna saktay?"

"Aap ke kehnay pe to mein jaan de doon, gungunana kya cheez hai. Hukum to karein."

"Theek hai phir, aaj se aap har raat, sonay se pehle mere liye gaaya karein gay"

Farjaad began laughing at this. 

"Taubah karo Umeed"

"Abhi khudi to bola tha aap ne!"

"Acha okay, ga liya karoon ga. Aur?"

"Aurrrr, filhaal kuch nahi. Abhi itna kaafi hai"

"Chalein, jab koi aur farmaaish aa jaye zehan mein to bata dijiye ga, ghulaam haazir hai."

"Kitnay baray dramaybaaz hein aap."

Farjaad chuckled as he took a turn. He kept driving before finally coming to a stop outside a them park. It was a recently opened outdoor theme park, outside mainland Karachi. 

He picked up his jacket from the backseat. The evening was almost here and the air was starting to get chilly. Umeed refused to take hers, ranting about how hot it was. 

Taking their day passes, they walked into the gigantic park - colorful lights and gigantic rides surrounded them. Umeed kept excitedly pointing at every ride and dragging Farjaad, who was staring to regret his decision of coming here. He HATED rides. Why did he come here again? Oh yes, the radiating smile on Umeed's face. 

They were currently standing in the queue of a ride named "Whirlwind". Farjaad anxiously kept staring up at the ongoing ride - a number of scenes arranged in a circle around a tall rod, going up several metres in the air. The seats kept rotating around their axis, all while the rod kept moving around in all directions. He felt sick just looking at it. Umeed, on the other hand, was jumping excitedly. 

"Yaar Umeed, mera khyaal hai humein wapis chalna chahiye"

"Aisay kesay wapis chalna chahiye? Hum aaye hein, saaray jhoolay le ke hi jayein gay. Agla wo waala lena hai."

Umeed pointed towards a free-falling ride, that went up in a V shape before coming back down full speed. Farjaad winced as he saw the carts go down at full speed. Yeah, no, he wasn't doing that. 

Next he knew, he found himself buckled up in the seat with Umeed sat right next to him, shaking her legs in excitement. Farjaad was holding on to the seat cover for his dear life, while reciting all verses and prayers he knew. 

The situation quickly changed though. As soon as the ride went up in the air, and the seats began to rotate, Umeed's hand reached out for Farjaad's as she dug her nails into his palm. Farjaad couldn't even feel the pain from this action due to the momentum of the ride, but Umeed's hold on his hand kept getting stronger. They kept spinning over their heads and in all directions for what felt like an eternity, before finally coming back to the ground. 

Umeed wrapped her arms around Farjaad's bicep as they walked out of the ride, feeling a tad bit dizzy. Farjaad didn't let it show how sick he felt, he didn't want Umeed to get worried about him, especially when she was holding on to him for support. 

"Umeed, sure ho aur rides leni hein? Ghar chaltay hein."

"Nahi! Lekin abhi hum pehle ye khelein gay."

She skipped over towards the arcade game where you try to catch a gift and take it out. Farjaad watched as she tried to grasp a teddy bear with utmost precision towards the outlet, falling just inches short. 

"Ye cheating ki hai machine ne! NAHI GIRAYA THA MENE. Ye kya badtameezi hai!"

Umeed cried out yet again when she failed to get it out on the third attempt as well. Claiming that the game was a scam, she walked towards an ice cream stall to 'cool herself down'. Farjaad watched her retreating back, before turning around to face the game. 

He put in all his focus and skills into trying to get the bear out. On the second try, he finally managed to get it. Hiding it behind his back, he walked over towards the ice cream stall, where Umeed had just gotten herself a cone. 

"Kahan reh gaye thay aap? Mene aap se to poocha hi nahi ke aap ko ice-cream khaani hai?"

"Apni wali ki aik bite de do"

Umeed scrunched her nose up in disgust before extending the cone towards her. 

"Khila bhi do"

Rolling her eyes at his antics, Umeed brought the cone next to his lips, allowing Farjaad to take a bite.

"Saari kha gaye hein aap!"

"Haww, jhoot! Itni choti si bite li hai bas!"

"Ye choti si bite hai? Poocha bhi tha ke aap ke liye le doon?"

"Acha sorry"

"Aap har baar yehi kartay hein."

"Acha na, kya is ke badlay maafi milay gi?"

He brought the bear out and Umeed gasped. 

"Ye kahan se aaya? Ye to ...."

Farjaad simply shrugged in response. 

"Aisa ho sakta hai ke tumhein koi cheez chahiye ho, aur mein wo tumharay liye na laaon?"

Umeed looked up at him with adoration, and Farjaad was instantly taken back to the first time Umeed looked at him with that look in her eyes - the day she bought a phone for him and came to his office, when he lied about the lift being out of order. He remembered how he had felt that day, for the first time, that there was a special connection between them. Today that connection was manifesting itself in all colors. 

Umeed jumped up in excitement and threw her arms around his neck, the bear getting squished between them, as Farjaad hardly managed to get one of his hands to her waist, to prevent them from falling. In the process, Umeed dropped her ice-cream, but she could care less, as she breathed in the strong smell of his cologne. 

She let go just as quickly as she had thrown herself on him. 

"Chalein ab us wali ride pe chalein"

She began to pull him behind her as he dragged his feet like an annoyed kid. 

"Umeeeeed, ghar chaltay hein na"

"Buhat maza aaye ga"

"Haan wo pichli ride walay nakhum jo tum ne chubhoye hein un se abhi tak maza aa raha hai mujhe buhat"

Umeed turned to give him a sheepish smile, but continued on her mission to go to the ride. This whole process continued for the next two hours, before Umeed finally collapsed on one of the benches. Farjaad kept taking deep breathes to normalise himself after the roller coaster they had just gotten off of. His eyes fell on Umeed and saw her rub her arms. The air gotten cold. 

"Bola tha na jacket le aao apni"

He scolded her as he sat next to her. 

"Tab nahi lag rahi thi thand"

Umeed sneezed. Shaking his head at her, Farjaad took off his jacket. He was already feeling sweaty after the ride. He draped his jacket over her shoulders and Umeed loooked up to him. 

"Nahi, aap ko to pehle hi thand lag rahi thi. Pehan lein aap, bemaar ho jatay hein aap jaldi se."

"Mujhe nahi lag rahi thand abhi bilkul bhi."

"Farjaad...."

"Sahi mein nahi lag rahi. Acha mein chai laata hoon, wo pi kar nikaltay hein. Okay?"

As he walked back with two cups of hot chai, he saw Umeed hugging the jacket close to her and sniffing it to get his scent, while playing with the teddy bear in her hands. Placing one of the cups on the side, Farjaad quickly snapped a picture of the moment and moved it to his album titled 'Life'. 

During the ride back home, Umeed kept gushing over the entire day and how adventurous it had been. Farjaad kept listening with a smile on his face. Midway, Umeed fell silent and Farjaad turned to find her sleeping hugging the teddy bear tightly. As he parked the car, he gently took Umeed's seatbelt off, carrying her sleeping figure in his arms, as he made his way up to their room. 

As he lay her down after taking her shoes off, Umeed's hands let go off the teddy bear, and clung to his arms, preventing him from going away. Farjaad smiled and shifted Umeed slightly to the middle of the bed before fitting into the little space he had managed to get. He wrapped her arms strongly around her, as Umeed nuzzled her face into his chest and got comfortable in her sleep. 

With a smile on his face, and his life in his arms, Farjaad Khan dozed off to sleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 1K 20
Absolutely loving farmeed and their angsty enemies to lovers dynamic, I wanted to add a little more detail amd my kinda twists in the story.. the sta...
826K 35.9K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
3.3K 65 10
I created this stories because lately random plot comes in my mind so instead of throwing it to waste why not write it and make it one shot stories...
2K 126 7
Umeed and Farjad in an alternate universe where they are forced to marry each other there will be an update every week