Late Night Talking | An Origi...

By kindafreshkindafunky

"Now you're in my life, I can't get you off my mind." -Harry After meeting Sabrina, Milo doesn't quite know h... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43

6

4 1 0
By kindafreshkindafunky

Milo

Sabrina and I like to get coffee in the mornings, whenever we've spent the night together. It's kind of a budding tradition between the two of us. Especially since there's a coffee shop right down the road from my house.

"So, what are your plans today?" Sabrina asks. We're currently sitting at my kitchen tables, with the coffee and breakfast we just bought from the shop.

"Not much," I say. "If you wanna just hang out with me, that's cool."

"Okay," Sabrina says. "I wouldn't mind that at all."

"Cool," I say. "I do have a few errands to run, but they're pretty light today."

"We can make anything feel fun," Sabrina says.

"True," I say. "I have to go by my parents house later, but they'll be happy to see you."

"I've met them a few times, and they've always been so nice."

"They're a really sweet couple," I say. "I've always looked up to them."

"Aww. That's so sweet," Sabrina says. "I look up to my parents' relationship too."

"I told my parents I was starting to see someone," I say. "I guess that's what the kids are calling it these days."

Sabrina smiles. "I told my brother and sister. Danny's dying for me to bring you to the restaurant one of these days, but that would be a little much. Everyone there is my co-worker. They'd all spy on us."

I chuckle. "Maybe we could meet him for dinner sometime. I'd love to meet your siblings."

"I'm sure they'll love meeting you too," Sabrina says. "Danny's wife Jane is super sweet too. They've been together for a long time."

"Do your sisters have significant others?"

"Cami has a boyfriend, but they're still in high school. Bella's been single for a year or two now, but she's been in Colombia for awhile, so I don't know what she isn't telling me."

"I feel like I've met Danny before. Probably at Andrew's graduation or something."

"Probably. I'm pretty sure our parents already know each other."

"Perfect," I say. "I bet it won't be long until we host a dinner party between our families. I don't know why, but I've always wanted to throw a dinner party once I've gotten a house. This would be the perfect occasion."

"That would be so cute," Sabrina says. "I have a great idea though. Danny and Jane always take their daughters to one of the county fairs up in Wisconsin. Maybe we could meet them up there and hang out. I was going to go with them anyway, so I think you should tag along."

"Sounds like a blast. When are they going?"

"Wednesday, I think. At five."

"I don't have to work Wednesday, so that's perfect."

"Yay!" Sabrina says. "It's going to be so much fun. You'll love my brother. He's pretty cool."

"It really means a lot to me that you want me to meet them," I say. "You obviously know how important my family is to me. I honestly don't know why some people make such a big deal about meeting each other's families, because it's completely normal for friends to meet each others families. Why should it be different for people who like each other more than that?"

Sabrina giggles. "I think so too. Plus, we've obviously already talked about the fact that we only want to see each other now. It just makes sense to meet families."

"I've never been the kind of guy to talk to multiple people at once. If I find someone I like, that's the person I like. I guess I've just always felt more comfortable in relationships than flings."

"Me too," she says. "Except for freshman year of college. I went a little crazy last year, until that weekend in Ann Arbor. Then I kind of just focused on school and my friends."

"Exactly," I say. "That's kind of what I did. Hockey, school, and fixing this house. Now I have my own place, where you can spend the night whenever you want."

"So convenient," she says.

"I kind of had a feeling when we met that we'd end up dating each other. I liked you immediately."

Sabrina smiles, again. "Me too. I felt so drawn to you, right when we were introduced to each other."

"Now look at us."

"Exclusive as fuck," she says.

"We should get matching t-shirts that say that."

"Like Reese and Dominic's tattoos."

"They have matching tattoos?" Sabrina asks.

"Kind of. Reese picked a tattoo for Dominic, and he picked one for her. They both represent their relationship."

"Awww. When did they get them?"

"Before they were even an official couple. But you know how spontaneous Reese can be. That's why she got me into a little bit of trouble in high school."

"Reese is fun," Sabrina says. "She's a really good friend."

"I get worried about her sometimes because she's got such a sensitive heart, but she's doing good right now. I think having Dominic around has helped her regulate her emotions somehow. I know she has a hard time staying in her apartment by herself, so she stays here sometimes. Or she'll stay at Taytum's apartment."

"She invited Laynie and I over a lot last year, especially if Dominic was traveling."

"Sounds like Reese. That's kind of the reason I got a house that has a few bedrooms. My sisters can stay whenever. Or my cousins. Friends. You. But you bunk with me in my room, so the extra rooms don't count. I wanted people to be able to stay here if need be."

"I really admire how thoughtful you always are," Sabrina says. "You really take care of the people around you."

"I'm a nurturer by nature. I've always been this way."

"It's sweet," she says. "You're sweet."

I smile before leaning over to kiss her cheek. "Thank you, Sabrina. You're a gem."

-

Sabrina and I get to my parents house a little before noon, so I can switch cars with my sister. Maeve's car has been acting up, so she's gonna drive my car while I fix hers. I also have to run to the bank to deposit my paycheck, and I gotta go to the grocery store.

I'm glad Sabrina's tagging along with me today. It's always fun to have company while running errands. Before Sabrina and I started seeing each other, I'd usually make Maeve or Reese run errands with me.

I park my truck in the driveway of my parents' house, and then Sabrina and I head into the garage and through the door of the laundry room. Through the hallway, and into the kitchen.

Where my mom is making a snack, of course. She's always making some sort of chip, fruit, veggie, or dessert dip. Sometimes I think she makes them all the time because she knows I'll come over for them. I love spending time at my parent's house, but it's always ten times better when one of mom's dips are involved.

"Hey, Miles," she says, before looking up and smiling at Sabrina. "I didn't know you were bringing Sabrina over. How are you, miss girl?"

"I'm good," Sabrina says, as my mother gives her a greeting hug. "How are you?"

"I'm good, honey. It's nice to see you."

"You too," Sabrina says.

"Sabrina's running errands with me today," I say. "We went to the Cubs game last night."

"Ah," Mom says. "How was it?"

"It was so fun," Sabrina says.

"I'm glad you guys had a good time," Mom says. "Sabrina, you're always welcome to come over here for dinner."

I smile. "We'll come over soon."

"Good," Mom says. "Pizza night next Friday."

About once or twice a month, my parents host everyone in our family and some friends over for a homemade pizza night. They have an outdoor brick oven, which makes the best pizza.

"Got it," I say. "Sabrina, are you busy next Friday?"

"Not yet," she says.

"Wanna come to Pizza Night?"

"I'd love to," she says.

"Ugh, you two are so cute together," Mom says. "Miles, you're growing up so fast."

"Thanks, Mom," I say. "Anyway, is Maeve home?"

"She's at Landon's. But her car is here, so she just told me to give you the keys, and I can give her your car keys."

"Okay," I say. "Do you need anything from the grocery store? That's where we're headed next."

"A few things," Mom says, grabbing a small list from the fridge, along with money to cover it."

"Okay," I say. "Well be back a little later."

"Sweet," Mom says. "Thank you, Milo. Good to see you again, Sabrina."

"You too," Sabrina says. "See ya soon."

I left my truck unlocked, so I grab my paycheck and my house keys from it before Sabrina and I take Maeve's car to the grocery store.

I only have a few things to get, plus the small list my mom gave me, so the grocery trip is pretty quick. It's still more painless to be at the grocery store with Sabrina, than it is to be here by myself. Nothing is boring when Sabrina's with me.

We take Maeve's car to my house, and I'm able to fix it pretty easily. The issue was just that the car's computer needed to be reset. The check engine light went off immediately after I reset the computer, and there were no other issues with it.

After we stop at the bank, and then get lunch, Sabrina and I go back to my parents' house to drop their groceries off and to switch cars with Maeve again.

Maeve's home when we get there, so she's happy to see that Sabrina's hanging with me today. We end up hanging out at my parents' house for a while, and Sabrina agrees to go with us to one of Maren's big gymnastics competitions next week.

It's honestly really exciting to me that Sabrina and I are starting to kind of get a little bit more serious now. I've really admired her for a while, and it's sweet to see that we could possibly have a future together.

We end up going back to Sabrina's apartment, to hang out and order dinner. Laynie got home a few minutes after we walked through the door, so all three of us eat dinner together.

Now that Sabrina and I are starting to get a little more serious, I think our relationship could really blossom in the near future. I can't wait to meet her family, and I'm so glad that she wants me to.

Sabrina's starting to mean a lot to me, especially now that we're spending a lot of time together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 8.9K 46
[ COMPLETED ] in which a girl loses someone dear to her life and falls into depression, shutting her best friend, ethan, out in the process. ethan tr...
131K 2.4K 54
"She would never admit how frightened she was, never tell me the scary thoughts that filled her head, the feelings she suffered through all alone. ...
170K 2.1K 44
❊ imagines about the dolan twins ➪ sad, happy, smut. ➪ three words to sum up this book about two boys i happen to adore. ➪ lowercase intended. ➪ al...
8.9K 117 37
Amara Reynolds is your average gorgeous teenage girl. She's like her twin brothers best friend Grayson Dolan from the ages of 5-15. Then she faced re...