Ruthless Sweetness (SELF PUBL...

By Denisa_4554

BUY PAPERBACK FULL VERSION ON AMAZON They bump into each other one day without knowing who they are. Iglesia... More

I N T R O
1# W R E C K E D
2# C A N'T B E.
#3 O A T H.
#4 C O L D.
#5 DONT GET IT.
#6 WHO ARE YOU?
#7 BELIEVE
#8 SIDE
#9 COMFORT
#10 WE MEET AGAIN.
11 # MEMORY LANE
#12 DRUNKEN CONFESSIONS
#14 unspoken ache
15#. Regretion
#16 unexpected
#17 Desire
update.
UPDATE!!!
Chapter 20

13# care

462 4 0
By Denisa_4554

I wake up with a pounding headache and a nauseous feeling, my eyes feel heavier than ever and my head is clouded, I look at myself only too see that I'm still wearing the outfit I wore last night , but I cannot remember anything just a blur.
Liliana isn't here , I don't know where she is but I got my answer when she walks out the bathroom door.
"Oh Elvira , good morning "she says casually
"Good morning,uh what happened?"
"Uh, we got drunk and we came home" she says hiding something
"We came home?"
"No,they bought us" she says ashamed
"Who?" I ask having no idea what she's trying to say
"Iglesias and Romeo picked us up-"
"No." I deny, he came and picked me up from a club fucking wasted , I am ashamed of myself.
"Did I say anything stupid?"I ask with my face cringing
"I have no idea, I was just as drunk as you" she shrugs
"Then how do you know all this?"
I ask
" Romeo told me."
" oh." She nods and a slight knock on the door interrupts us, Liliana stands up frantically to open the door and when she does, she gasps ,then slowly nods and heads out the door .

Who could have come for her ?

But it's not for because it's for me

Iglesias is here.

He looks at me before slipping a hand into his pocket,he slowly walks towards me in a slow flowing motion, the sound of his Italian shows hitting on the hard floor and the sound fills the room,he's wearing a dark blue blouse under his navy blazer,his suit pants the same , his hair is beautifully into place not messy this time, his eyes piercing in the bright sun that's shining into his face from the window, his eyes glow lighter that the daylight, he's mesmerising. He sits next to me starring at the same direction where I'm starring, at the wall in-front of us ,he links his hands together as his elbows rest on his knees.
"Elvira, care to tell me what happened last night?" He says gently as his voice hits my ears soothingly.
"I don't remember anything " I breath out
"It's okay, you were really drunk"
"I was ?" I say turning my head to face him " yeah , don't do that again it's not good for you ". " I won't ,i just..". I say looking for a answer
"Just what? What made you want to drink?" He says trying to sound as calm as ever. I remember why I drank, one was because of Iglesias,I wanted to take my mind off him , and second was that uncomfortable disgusting guy that I heard that Iglesias hit him, I would thank him right now .
"I just lost control " I say
"You won't do it next time though "
"I won't " I say quietly
He runs his hand next to mines and interlinks his fingers with man and now his hand is holding my hand as he's rubbing small slow circles on my hand with his thumb and I can't handle this , this is the first time he ever held my hand and when I tried holding his hand he pulled away and i promised myself to never do that again, but this time, he did it. His touch is sending electric shots through my veins, we both look down to our hands being held together and they look perfect, the perfect hand sizes for each-other.
My heart seemed to slow down in relaxation of his hand holding mine, I feel a sense of safeness that I never felt before , his hand is warm,his touch is hot a delicate, with one touch from him can warm up my entire body, his touch feels like heaven. I want to move cause I'm supposed to be mad at him but oh what I would give to stay like this forever .
"Why are we fighting love?"
My heart sinks, I hear shatters of my heart when I heard his voice , I don't know what we are fighting but we are fighting because what happened in that night.
"I care about you Elvira"
No, a couple days ago he says that he can't care about me and now he says that he cares about me? Is he trying to trap me into believing him? He's manipulating me into something I don't know , what can he possibly want from me.
"Bullshit " I find my self spitting these words at him from ignition.
His face completely shifts into confusion and disbelief "what?! Elvira what are you saying?" He still hasn't let go of my hand.
"You can't just say that you care about me like that, 2 fucking days ago you said that you can't, I can't no "
I try slipping my hand away from his but he grabs it again and gently pulls me towards him
"Elvira , goddamn it Elvira I wasn't being serious I need you too know that I care about you , very fucking much".
"PLEASE STOP "
"YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LIE INFRONT OF ME LIKE THAT "
I slipped my hand from his grip and stood up to my feet realising that I was shouting at him.
He stands up too and comes close to me and looks at me down because of our height, he's angry, there strong frustration into his eyes right now
"When the fuck did i lie to you? Only the moment I said I didn't care , that was a lie, this isn't " i quiet down, I don't say a word ,I can't get my mouth to shape up the words , I go numb I don't want to talk anymore.
He calms down too, his shoulders are not that tensed anymore , he takes a shaky breath and looks at the door and back at me with a blank face betraying no emotion that he might be possibly feeling . " you have to come with me tonight to the gathering it's it a choice Elvira you have too". He looks at me expecting me to deny ,but I accept it and nod he gets out . I have to get ready, this gathering is going to be a mafia gathering ,like a massive meet-up so I have to get dressed up right and not embarrass myself .

...

IGLESIAS

I saw her ,I needed to talk to her ,and when I saw her something ignited inside of me , she was stunning , even with her hair all messed up from the sleep she had , she's still wearing the clothes that she was wearing yesterday,I didn't dare to change her into comfortable clothes, she would hate me for the rest of her life , her eyes in the sun , her beautiful tired navy almond eyes.I told her , I told her how I cared about her , but no, she shouted at me , she accused me of lying. And I don't blame her , once I lied to her about not being able to care for her I don't know if she's still believing,she's clearly not. I go to my office and lit up a cigarette as I look out my balcony, tonight's gathering is going to be fucked up, one way or another it has to happen something ,since it always happens, all the different gang leaders and their partners have to go ,now my arrival is the most important one, they are all there to wait for me , they are all there expecting to see me, since I'm the new leader of the Derek family mafia,and I have a fiancé, if she doesn't come this time, there will be problems, the nosy people will stick their noses where it shouldn't be and suspect on Elvira, even try to hurt her,as much as I don't want to bring her with me there to those horrible people, I have to.
I still haven't gave up trying to forget her , I'm still forcing myself to hate her , but how could I? How could I forget her when she's all I think about ? First thing in the morning I see the daylight, and it only reminds me of her beautiful eyes in the sun ,looking exactly the sky, her eyes are the sky, when she's crying, which breaks my heart, her eyes still look like the sky but when it crumbles and rains, when shes mad , her eyes goes dark and I spot slight rage in her eyes that make her look ten times beautiful, just like a sky with lighting.
But mostly what pains me the most and reminds me the most , is the moon, her eyes look like the moon on a winter night.

I cant hate her.

...

ELVIRA

"Liliana its not a birthday party"
"But that's not fair why can't I come "
"Because it's a mafia family gathering"
I say looking through my wardrobe
"It's like a met gala " she says casually
"NO" I scream at her as I turn my head at her
"It's not a met gala Liliana"
"Then why cant Romeo go,he's from a mafia family right?" 
"True, but he doesn't have a fiancé ,unless..". I say smirking at her jokingly
"No! Elvira you can't joke like that"
"Yeah you're right , plus he has to babysit you"
"BABYSIT ME? AM I THAT BAD?"
"Well, did you think we would let you alone in a mansion?"

...

I walk downstairs before I got ready, a silk brown dress with black lace,
And then I see Iglesias, his suit is all black,along with his blouse , his hair is perfectly coiffed and his eyes are the only colour to his character, emerald green almost glowing, his hair looks darker , maybe because it's night time ,I arrive downstairs next to me as he looks me up and down and shoves a hand into his pocket to grab his keys
"Beautiful ". He says before looking away and I fight back a smile and I nod to him in acceptance , he walks out and he signals me to follow him and I do , he opens the door for me respectfully and i shift into my seat ,
We are already driving off and I try to break the silence.
"Thank you"
He looks at me in confusion and rests his arm in the arm rester
"For what?"
"Liliana told me, what you did to that guy"
"Ohh that guy, yeah I broke his jaw"
He says unfazed
"You should have told him you have a fiancé don't you think?"
"I did Iglesias."
"He would have left"
"But he didn't!?"
" why was you near him in the first place?"  He says slowly getting startled.
" Iglesias- please let's not do this I didn't want to go to him"
"Sure". He says with a frustrated laugh and I shake my head at him I'm in disbelief as I shake my head at him and watch out the window waiting to arrive.

...

As soon as me and Iglesias got out the car, everybody body came to greet us, Iglesias first and then to me, he is being highly respected, he snakes his arm around my waist and pulls me to him slowly "dont move"he whispered in my ear nit taking his eyes off the crowd and I nod, they finally leave to their tables and that leaves us to do the same, there's a massive mansion, inside of it , it's like a whole ballroom, it's massive , every 6 feet there's a round table with guests sitting at it ,family at family, partners to partners , Iglesias holds my hand as he guides me to our table , but we get interrupted ,  a tall brunette man covered in tattoos,a pale face like snow and eyes of ice ,
He shakes hands with Iglesias "Iglesias! Long time no see?"  He says with a heavy Russian accent ,he's Russian .
"You too Roman , great party isn't it?"
"Oh yeah it is man"
"This is my fiancé, Elvira ."
He flashes me a smile before reaching his hand to me and shakes it and holds it for a little longer,i can see iglesias clench his jaw.

"you know, your fiance is getting quite popular they all talk about how lucky you got and about her beauty." a slight smirk appears on iglesias's mouth as he runs his arm around my waist.

"not surprised,everybody wants my wife" he says taking a sip out of his whiskey.

"Roman." i speak out to break the silence,his eyes shoot up in pure surprisement,iglesias on the other hand,giving me a sharp look and i try to ignore it

"do you have a wife? a girlfriend? i see that you came alone"

"nah,no partner yet, im the leader of the rasputin family mafia ,i don't have an arrangement yet"

he says like a russian machine and i didnt expect this.

iglesias grabs my arm slowly and says goodbye to roman as we leave from where we were.

"what the fuck was that?" he says through frustration

"i just asked him iglesias i thought he was your friend."  he laughs at me irritated

"friend?! he wants to take you,they all see you as a target,your not even grateful that i care about your death" he spits word out,before i could respond to that we get interrupted,by my one and only father, fuck.

"oh if it isnt my son in the law? look at my son in law ,new leader of the derek mafia!" he says clapping his hands together just once, iglesias is unsatisfied,my father fake joyful expression changes as soon as he saw me.

"and my daughter.." he says looking at me in slight disgust,he wasn't supposed to be here,he comes next to me and checks behind his back to see if anyone is seeing him and he looks back and he grabs my arm and gets closer to me,pure possession in his eyes again,he squeezes my arm tighter intending to pain me.

"where the fuck have been last gathering huh? you think its funny ?people were talking-"

iglesias throws his hand on his grip on my arm in a fast lighting motion, he pulls his hand off mine and he twistes his arm causing him to wince in pain

"you ever lay a finger on her and ill capture you and not let you go until i know i've broke every bone in your body ,am i clear?"

he twists his arm harder making him to yell in pain as he collapses to the floor,iglesias broek his arm, just like that in a heart beat. everybody's attention is on iglesias and my fathers weeping body on the floor

"who saw that? i know you all did and who ever tries to touch her ,i will do the same to all of you ,but worse" he yells at the crowd as everybody gasp. iglesias grabs my hand and tell me to lets go and i do exactly as he says, i follow him,and hes bursting with questions if im okay or not. "no bruise?"  "just a little." i admit slowly and he blows off a exhausted sigh. "this time i went easy on him, next time hes fucking dead"  "lets just go home now iglesias, im really tired." He breaths out another breath before turning the engine in and we drive off
"

You shouldn't have talked to Roman" he says blankly, eyes on the road.

"What? I haven't talked, I just asked him a question."
"

He's not a man you should be asking a question" he speaks again,his voice dripping with frustration and something else.

"Whatever Iglesias." I say looking out the window
"Don't whatever me , you can't talk to them" he demands, turning his head to glance at me,his eyes are crazed.
"Oh yeah? Why not ,you suddenly care now? " I say as I laugh at him at the stupidity he's saying.
"I always cared for you you just never paid attention to realise it" he spit out angrily, his knuckles whitens as he grips on the steering wheel.

"Oh please give me a break? Everyone is bad and ruthless and your the sweetness here?" My face breaks into a scowl as I look at him, half mad, half disgusted over his sudden actions,gaslighting me into making me think that it's all my fault, my fault for not making him care. What he did back there, breaking my fathers arm was because he cares about me, he just didnt want to sand there and do nothing so he caused a scene so people can be more terrified of him that they already are.
"

That's not what I'm trying to say."

He says quietly, eyes back sharp on the road.
"Right Iglesias , you said you can't care about me didn't you say that?"
"

I did say that , not meaning" a muscle jumps in his jaw.

"Do not do that, do not lie and believe your own lie too alright?" I point out, rageful, his lies are powerful, to romeo, to his members, to my father, but oh, oh. Not to me.
"

What the fuck has gotten into you? He shouts as he looks at me like I'm crazy, his eyes darken, amd his teeth grit together, his knuckles only get whiter due to the pressure hes putting into that grip on the wheel. I am not a person who shits where I eat, mostly, I do not pile the way my fiance, Iglesias fucking derek, is acting with me,how he lies to me, or how he expects me to follow up with his goddamn lies.

"Into me? what about you ? Or maybe I was the problem for expecting good in you" I spit out, my jaw begins to hurt from all this pressure.

"Quiet" he murmurs in a quiet yet warning tone as his hands are gripping harder on the steering wheel.
"You make want to fucking die."
I say murmuring under my breath
And he heard me , his head turn to me
"Of course I make want to die" he shakes his head and looks back on the road.
"Yeah Iglesias,that fucking house makes want to die day and night." I say,every word that comes out pains my throat.
The more I say, the faster he seems to drive.
"Do you know how fucked up you are? Your saying that you care for me, when all you care is this ring."
I say slightly shouting at him , getting more and more frustrated, theres no going back now.
"SHUT UP ELVIRA SHUT UP SHUT UP".  he shouts, slamming his fist on the steering wheel.
"YOU WANT TO FUCKING DIE ? I AM NOT KEEPING YOU HOSTAGE" he shouts, loud enough to make me catch on fire.

"YOU ARE."

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE ?"
"YES I DO WANT  DIE , YOUR THE ONLY REASON"
T

he more I shout at him, the more he pushes the accelerator, I start panicking over the speed we are going , the way he shifts through other cars , one second away from death, one turn ,one breath.   I don't want to die , not yet, I would have been kept him satisfied if I said the truth.

"Iglesias stop the car." I demand blankly.
No answer .

"IGLESIAS STOP THE FUCKING CAR." I shout, losing my patience, losing my mind, he out of hisnfuckung mind right now and unknown how hes thinking fo nothing right now but the car and not the brake.

"YOU SAID YOU WANTED TO DIE ,AM I RIGHT OR AM I MAKING SHIT UP AGAIN" he's practically shouting at me in full rage.
"YOU'RE RIGHT, JUST STOP THE FUCKING CAR ". no response,and im panicking harder and tears start forming my eyes , i cover my mouth with my hands as I take a shaky breath looking out the window as the trees pass fastly from me,
I might die today.

"Iglesias please stop the car". He only goes faster, his leg jerks as he pushes the gas harder, his jaw is tight and his eyes are low, emotionless.
"This showed me how much you care about me." I mumble, loud enough for him to hear, my voice is shaky.
he nearly loses his control on the steering wheel as soon as  he heard my voice, his head turns slowly and looks at me , then back at the road ,he speeds up even faster and he takes a big turn, he park the car rapidly, i realize that we are only 10 feet away from our house, he stops the car, hitting the kill switch. He throws his back to the seat as her looks down and breathes heavily as his shouldered shrink and grow due to his breathing, i look at him for a half a second before I aggressively open the door and slam it close , I run to the front door trying to hide my red face , red eyes, and tears , I hold my bag to my chest as I run up the stairs and I already feel eyes on me , Liliana and Romeo saw me.

I run to Liliana's room, i lock the door behind me , and I leans on the door as I fall to the floor , I start crying again, just remembering what happened, my shaking body is to difficult to control, I pull my knees to my chest and I hold into them , I feel an unwelcoming ache in my heart, I look at my hand shaking along with the ring on , I feel sudden rage rushing in me , I tug at the ring and it take it off aggressively, I look at it gritting my teeth and tears racing on my face before I throw it away in the room somewhere , just so I don't see it again.

...
LILIANA

Me and Romeo was showing our music taste , and it turns out his music is absolutely disgusting, the only singer we knew and likes is
Romeo santos. So we had a karaoke party the whole time, I saw Elvira coming, but there was something off, her hair was messed up, her bag is tightly held at her chest, her face is red, her eyes are even redder , she's crying. She's forcing herself to slow down her sobs as she runs upstairs, I have no idea what just  happened.
"Did you saw that?" I ask Romeo and he nods, confusion written all over his face, probably over mine too, in capital letters too. I don't go after her yet, I'm waiting for that fucker Iglesias to come and argue with him, for whatever he did to her now.
"Where is that fucker?" I say losing my patience, he creeps out the window.  "Oh no don't wait for him he drove off, go after Elvira."
"That bastard , okay just, I'll be right back".  I turn and I run up the stairs, the closer I get to my door the more clear I hear the sobs , and my heart breaks.  I attempt to open the door but it's locked,fuck.
"Elvira..open the door please "
"no Liliana" she says with her voice broken and high pitched.
"Yes your are going to open the door or I will kick the door open" I say in demanding, yet concerned tone.
"Don't do that we need the door"
"I will kick it so hard it might fall on you" I say trying to sound demanding
But she unlocks the door, opens it and I see her , she looks horrible, not in that way , she's beautiful, she's always beautiful, but right now she looks devastated. Her mascara ruined,her hair messed up, and hey eyes so damn red. I grip into her shoulders and ask her questions.
"Ohh mija, are you okay? What happened?" she looks down and she starts crying again.
"Uh, something happened." She says with her voice breaking.
"Tell me".  I say and she looks at me for a good second not knowing if she should tell me but , she collapses into my arms crying as I hold her and she tells me everything through her sobs
I am stunned, that man is absolute disgusting, how can he traumatize her like this? Where are his morals he scared her to death, I feel awfully bad for Elvira , she doesn't deserve this life , she deserves a better life , for her to choose for herself not her fucked in the head father , she deserves a man that never scares her nor make her cry, she deserves everyone good in this world, I hold her as I guide her to the bed and help her get comfortable, she lays her head on my lap and she calmed down but I can still hear her little sobs escaping her mouth as her back reacts to the beats of her heart and sobs.

I stroke her hair and tell her that it's going to be okay ,she nods as she cries , she's cries more , paining her heart more until she finally falls asleep .

I wouldn't wish her pain in my worst enemies, I hope she can feel joy in her life atleast once.

3822 words
Guys I accidentally deleted this chapter and I had to write it again I'm sorry for the ones who were confused about a missing chapter I am mad dumb😟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434 119 20
Asher D'Angelo. A cold heart breaker but a sweet loving person from the inside once you get to know him. Asher is struggling with school so he asks...
13.6K 813 54
Mature content !!!! Forced marriage ! I didn't ask for it ! " I will ruin your innocence " " You will be destroyed with me " " You betrayed me an...
75.8K 1.1K 37
Asher Castillo -the heir of one of the most Powerful mafia gangs in the world. He's cold hearted, ruthless, and doesn't fall in love. He's broken and...
1.2M 26.7K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...