Game on! (Edser One Shots or...

By lisa_dec

This will be a series of one shots based on reader suggestions. I'll try to tag all the readers who have made... More

Turbulence
A Forever Kind of Love
Intervention
London Calling
To Italy with Love
Obsession
Conception Deception
Hide and Seek
Class Dismissed
The Trouble with Babies
Planting the Seeds
The Italian Job
Silence is Golden
Hypnotize My Love
My Fairy Girl and a Sprite
Buttons
To Ferit out the Truth
Tell Me No Lies
Movie Night - Intermission
That Can be Arranged
What Happens in London
The Graduate
Behind Closed Doors
Lose Something?
Mustang Sally
Yellow
Pirouettes and Pencils
An Eye for an Eye
Ghosts of the Past, Present and Future
The Bridesmaid
The Birthday Wish
The Devil Doesn't Always Wear Red
Music for the Soul
Fashion Isn't Just for Show
The Way We Were
This is How the Story Ends
Sorry Wrong Number
It Started With a Weekend
Man's Best Friend
The Day the Earth Moved
Reading Between the Lines
Baby You Can Drive my Car
Broken Vows
Knock Out
The Firecracker and The Match
Uncle
Something Worth Fighting For
Upstairs Downstairs
Crash Into Me
CinderEda
Til Death Do Us Part
Mine by Design
Baked
One Kiss is All it Takes
Jealousy
Once is All it Takes
She Wore Blue Velvet
She Wore Blue Velvet - Part 2
Under Contract
Overboard
Tattoo on My Heart
Queen of the Castle
Lost
Chef's Kiss
Erdem's Angels
The Birthday Gift
Dance With Me
The Red Rose
It's Raining Men
The Pregnant Pause
The Christmas Market
All I Want For Christmas is You
What Happens in Antalya . . . . .
Auld Anxiety or Ringing in the New Year
Carved into the Heart
The Girl Next Door
The Sacrifice
Cabin Fever
Shredded
Unmasked
I Think I Wanna Marry You
Who Do You Love?
Getting Schooled
Truth or Dare
Take a Chance on Me
To Catch a Thief
In the Shadows
I Object
Revenge
Grandmother Knows Best
Trading Places
Best Kept Secrets
The Power of Love
The Waiting Room
Catch Me, I'll Wait
Take a Hike

Drive Me Insane

4.3K 142 70
By lisa_dec

Thank you @Mille-Feuillesfor the prompt!

Since I changed the overall rating to Mature I kind of gave up on the warning!

****************************************************************

"Eda, Eda, EDA! Slow down! You're going to crash!" Serkan yelled.

She shot back ferociously, "Why do you care? Get out then I'll drive how I want! Crash if I want!"

"Calm down Eda," he tried in a more rational tone.

But Eda was having none of it. Her anger, hurt and frustration had reached the boiling point. How had this man so crazy in love with her a week ago broken her heart. From I love you to I want to break up with you in the blink of an eye. Eda lost control of the wheel a bit as she wiped a tear from her eye. Serkan reached for it but she slapped his had away. She pressed her foot on the accelerator as the SUV fishtailed around the bend.

"Eda for the love of God slow down!"

"What do you care Serkan? What do you care? Nothing! That's what you care!"

He watched as his love was breaking down before his very eyes and he couldn't hold it in any longer, "I love you Eda. I never stopped loving you. But you'll hate me and I couldn't . . . . . ."

She swung around another turn struggling to hold on to control of the vehicle, "You never loved me. It was all a ploy to sleep with me. . . . . .you got what you wanted and threw me away. I was a fool, a fool," Eda sobbed out.

"No Eda, I love you, I can't do this anymore. I can't take what it's doing to you, to us. Stop and I'll tell you the reason. If you want me to leave after I will but please stop torturing yourself. Pull up this road, please."

Something in the tone of his voice penetrated her anger and pain and Eda swung the wheel steering the SUV up the incline. She slammed on the brakes and the vehicle rocked to a stop, "Happy now?"

Eda turned to watch Serkan. For the first time in days she actually saw him and saw the same torment in his eyes that was in hers. Serkan had braced his hands on the dashboard as if anticipating a crash.

"I never wanted to cause you pain and yet that is all I have done and I ache with how I've hurt you. Our separation wasn't something I wanted or asked for but I heard you and Ceren talking about not being able to forgive and I knew that I had no chance. . . . . . .the day after we made love my father destroyed me. He told me how when he was younger he cut corners in his operations and hired subcontractors that weren't qualified. His negligence resulted in the deaths of a young couple leaving their daughter an orphan. You Eda, my father hired the subcontractors that did the work that caused the collapse killing your parents. I begged my father to tell you but he refused so I planned on telling you and then I heard you talking to Ceren and I knew that you would hate me too. I couldn't have you look at me with hatred and yet that's what happened. What we've done to you is unforgiveable."

She was stunned and in pain for both herself and Serkan, she could see the heartbreak in his eyes. His beautiful eyes. Serkan opened the door to get out of the car but Eda stayed him with a hand on his arm, "Don't Serkan. Talk to me. When did you hear Ceren and I talking? On my patio? The night you broke up with me?"

He nodded, not trusting himself to speak.

"You know that we were talking about my grandmother and her behavior before and after the accident right? She is someone that I cannot forgive or ever plan on forgiving for many reasons. You eavesdropped on us and you thought that I was taking about the person responsible for my parents accident?"

He swung tear swollen eyes to Eda, "I heard you and Ceren, she asked you directly."

"If I could forgive the person responsible for my parent's deaths, yes. And I said no. Are you responsible for them Serkan? Was this your fault? At eleven years old were you responsible for what happened to my parents? Did you manage your father's business? Hire contractors?"

He shrugged.

"Answer me Serkan," she poked him. Eda would keep poking him until he answered her. He had put them both through a week of self-doubt and misery. Her pokes were fueled by her irritation with him.

Serkan grabbed her pointy little finger, "Stop Eda. You know very well I wasn't involved. I was sitting on my miserable little ass at boarding school in England during that time. But my father. . . . . . "

Her fingers wrapped around his hand, "Is responsible you are not. You are not your father. You are nothing like him. Nothing. You were so afraid of me hating you that you broke up with me? And you didn't think that I would be angry with you for doing that?"

He pushed his head back into the headrest, "Eda sometimes with you I don't think too clearly. How could you not see the face of the family that killed yours every time you looked at me?"

"Serkan what do you see when you look at me?" she gently turned his face towards hers and forced his chin up until his eyes caught hers. Eda heard his slight intake of breath.

"What do you see Serkan?"

"You shouldn't Eda," he closed his eyes as if in pain. Eda leaned forward until their lips touched. She could feel his trembling under hers until he pulled her head towards hers in a kiss of desperation. Eda's hand held his face to hers.

Serkan pulled his lips back a little way and pressed his forehead against hers, "I love you Eda, I don't know how not to. I can't see you in the office and not want to be next to you."

"What did you see in my eyes Serkan? Did you see how much I love you? I don't see your father, I don't see my parent's I see you. I see the man I love who can be a little bit stupid and can take on things that aren't his responsibility. I see you and only you. Can you see it in my eyes?'

With a soft touch Serkan brushed her hair back from her face as he gazed into her eyes. Her love for him was blinding him, "How can you be real? How can you love me so much Eda?"

She kissed him softly, "I ask you the same Serkan, how can you love me so much? We were meant for each other. Remember you told me you couldn't part from me? Invisible handcuffs? We both wear them Serkan. Are you done with the foolishness?"

Serkan feathered kisses across her soft cheek and back to her lips, "If you're certain that we can work through this then never leave me. Love me always."

Eda speared her fingers through his hair as she pulled him closer and then gave a small growl of frustration as her seatbelt stopped her progress. Serkan chuckled as he kissed her forehead, "I guess this isn't the best place for a reconciliation. There's the backseat but I think we deserve more than the backseat."

She joined his laughter, her forehead on his shoulder and her lips on his neck, "We didn't plan this well and we definitely deserve more than the backseat. I have missed you Serkan Bolat."

He kissed her temple, "I have missed you Eda Yildiz but that is too tame of a word."

Eda sat back in her seat holding Serkan's hand with her head on his shoulder, "Serkan? How did the information about my parents come to light? Surely your father has known for years."

"About the accident? Yes, he has known for years. He claims to only have found out recently that the little girl that was affected was you but Eda I don't know that I believe him. As long as you and I weren't involved, or he thought we weren't, you didn't matter but as soon as I told them I intended on marrying you he had to destroy the relationship."

"Maybe I'm not asking the question the right way. If your father had known the whole time and said nothing he could have continued to say nothing. The man has no conscience we all know that. Remember how he acted when you took down Kaan and then when you rebuffed Efe's original partnership request? I guess what I'm asking is why now?"

"Ah Eda Yildiz, and you tell me that I have a fine mind. Someone has been digging into the holding files. I think that I assumed that it was Efe but what if it wasn't? Is that what you are getting at?"

"I think so. Why was someone looking into old holding information? They had to know what they were looking for so someone out there knew of your father's involvement. How do you find out?"

Serkan thought about it for a minute, "Ferit I would guess. I think that we can trust Ferit don't you?"

"Yes he was always a sweet person. Horrible taste in women but sweet."

"Do I get a pass on that one?"

Eda bit his earlobe and then kissed it, "I choose to forget it because you were never stupid enough to either sleep with her or ask her to marry you."

Serkan used his free hand to turn Eda's face to his, "Keep doing that Eda and we're going to have to use the back seat," he began to kiss her letting his tongue dip in to play with hers. Eda's moan triggered his and all he heard was, 'Mmhmm.' He unclipped his seatbelt and hers and pulled her over the console on top of him. The space was tight but Serkan reclined his seat and Eda straddled him.

"You make me insane Serkan," purred Eda as she rubbed herself on his length.

He was busily unbuttoning and unzipping her, "Why a jumpsuit Eda? I can't get you naked. Why?"

"I don't know. Help me Serkan," Eda whined in frustration. He dove his hand into her jumpsuit seeking her core. Eda sucked his tongue into her mouth as his fingers found her sex. Serkan broke the kiss panting into her ear, "So wet baby, so good, you like this?"

Eda writhed on his hand pushing hard onto his fingers, "Oh I do, right there love, right there." Serkan knew the spot she wanted and he held deep as she pushed down and came on his fingers. He could feel her spend dampening his hand and he loved it. "Ride me Eda, just like this," he moved his thumb so that it was rubbing along her clit as she rode his erection. Eda was close again and he was ready to come as soon as she did. Eda rested her forehead against his as she gave a final push and came with a cry. Serkan gave a deep groan of satisfaction as he released in his pants.

"We need alone time baby. The summer house? Tonight?"

Eda curled on his chest, "I'd like that. I'd really like that. I've missed spending time with you."

"I suppose we should consider getting back. People will wonder where we've been. I can tell them we got stuck after all you were driving erratically," Eda started tickling him, "Eda stop. Baby please."

"You provoked me Serkan," she pouted.

"I did but it was worth it in the long run. . . . . . .Eda what if we didn't tell people we were back together yet until we found out who was digging into the holding?"

She started struggling, "Hold still Eda. Let me explain. You know I love you and I plan on being with you every chance I get, right? But I mean in the office. What if we didn't tell anyone in the office? I think that everyone is used to the longing looks I give to you so I can keep doing that but I guess I kind of want to set a trap of sorts."

Eda sat up and started to button her jumpsuit but Serkan brushed her hands away so he could do it for her, "Pretend that we're still broken up? I would still be rude to you? And don't you think that the summer house is going to be a bit far to go to on a regular basis?"

"ArtLife owns investment properties. I could move to one of them. There's one close to the University. I could see you more often. I already told my mother that I would be moving."

"You would do this for us?"

Serkan stilled his hands in the last button, "I would. I would do anything for you."

"How long would we have to keep this charade up Serkan? I don't like the idea of still pretending to be mad at you all the time. It might be fun once in a while but all day every day will be exhausting."

"Would you feel better if we told someone so that you had a confidant?"

Eda nodded, "Could we tell Ceren? She can keep a secret and as my attorney she legally has to and as yours she legally has to."

She climbed back over into her seat bumping her head on the mirror, "Ow, that hurt."

"You know I could always take you to the doctor now, it might get us out of the retreat especially if people aren't back yet."

"Buckle up Serkan!"

Eda raced back down the hill and to the parking space where the SUV's were kept. They were the first ones back by some miracle. Serkan had Eda get into his car while he went to go talk to the retreat leader.

"Eda managed to smack her head pretty hard on the window. I'm going to take her to the clinic to get checked out and then take her home. She's not feeling that well," Serkan sounded irritated when he talked to the man, "I told her to slow down."

Serkan heard another car coming in the distance so he headed back to his car, "Let's go baby. I told him that you hit your head hard on the window and weren't feeling too well so I'm taking you to get checked out."

"Serkan Bolat, when did you learn how to lie?"

"I was inspired Eda. So if anyone calls you lay it on thick."

Thirty minutes later Eda was laying naked on top of Serkan, he was still buried deep within her. They had only taken the edge off. She sat up to answer her phone, Eda moaned at the sensation, "Oh Eda how is your head?" asked Melo.

"Just a minor concussion," she let out another groan, "And a bump. Serkan brought me to his summer house. The doctor didn't think I should drive any distances."

Serkan gripped her hips and pulled her hard onto him as he thrust up, Eda hissed, "Sorry Melo, I just touched the bump."

Eda had a beautiful smile on her face as Serkan moved her hips with his, "Do you want us to come get you Eda?"

"No Melo. I'll stay in one room he can stay in the other. He can bring me home in the morning. I can handle this."

"If you're sure Eda."

Serkan reached up to fondle her breasts, "Don't worry Melo I can handle Serkan Bolat," she blew him a kiss and clenched her muscles on him. Eda hung up her phone and tossed it to the side.

"Are we all set baby?" asked Serkan.

"Yours for the night," said Eda as she rode them both to release.

Eda was wrapped in Serkan's arms, she had missed being close to him, "Should you call Ferit now or do you want to wait until tomorrow in the office?"

"In the office. Tonight is for the two of us. . . . . . . Eda do you trust Efe?"

She held him a bit tighter, "We aren't doing this again are we? Are you still jealous of him? You know I don't see him as anything other than a coworker."

"That isn't what I meant. Well a little because I can't help that I'm jealous of any man that spends time with you but I'll work on it. I was referring to the contract that your aunt got recently. That wasn't from Efe. He doesn't even know Idil."

Eda sat up a bit, "I should have known that it was you. Still trying to take care of us. You are such a good man Serkan. As far as trusting Efe? I don't really even think of him in a position of trust because I'll never be that close to him. Does that make sense? Are there other reasons you don't trust him?"

"The holding and his reasons for being in it would be my major concern. He shows no interest in it but he shows plenty of interest in ArtLife. He has no affiliation with it nor will he ever. We keep the businesses separate for a reason."

They talked through the different reasons why Efe would want to be involved in the holding. Eda even suggested that Selin be involved in the snooping but Serkan discounted it, "She is no longer involved in the holding Eda, why would she?"

"Because she's nosy and she heard you talking but wouldn't give her information. Because she would do anything to get back with you. Really Serkan sometimes you are so oblivious."

Serkan pulled her into his arms again, "You're right, I am oblivious because I can only see you Eda. It's been like that from the first day at the lecture hall and you know it."

With their plan in place Serkan drove Eda home in the morning. They both had agreed to it but even though Serkan had proposed the arrangement he knew that he was probably the one most likely to break the agreement. Eda knew it too and loved him all the more for it. The man who didn't know how to love now didn't know how to stop loving.

"Serkan we have to have a time limit on this nonsense. I don't want to have to sneak around like what we have is dirty."

"One week Eda because I don't know that I can manage much more than that. Just make sure that you don't wear red lipstick this week please?" Eda laughed as she leaned over to kiss him before she got out of the car.

In the house Ayfer and Melo fussed over Eda, "No, I iced the bump, the swelling is down but it is still a bit tender. And yes I was able to sleep, Serkan stayed in the living room and I slept in the bedroom. He did check on me a few times but other than that left me alone. I'm going to go in to work I have things to do today can you wait for me Melo?" She escaped before they could ask too many questions or asked to see the bump or noticed that she moved her ring back to the right finger.

Eda jumped in to take a quick shower and wash her hair. She and Serkan had already showered that morning but Ayfer and Melo didn't need to know that. Eda was smoothing lotion into her skin when she noticed a few love bites, she flew to the mirror to make sure that none of them were visible. She picked up her phone to call Serkan.

Serkan was just stepping out of the shower when Eda called, "Good morning again my love."

"Good morning to you too. Serkan you have to be careful with these love bites," she heard him snickering on the other end of the phone.

"My love I will do nothing of the sort unless you do because I have one low on my neck that looks like it might not be covered by my collar," he heard Eda's gasp on the other end.

"Oh no I didn't did I? I thought it was low enough and I love your neck and the way you smell. You shouldn't be so delicious Serkan. And mine can all be hidden so you were careful. I just wanted to remind you and it was an excuse to hear your voice. I'll see you soon?"

"Yes, as hard as it will be to ignore you I'll see you soon. You know you can call me at any time Eda. I love you."

"Love you too," Eda disconnected the call and finished getting dressed. She opted for a long-sleeved shirt dress with a knit vest and white ankle boots. With her hair dried and makeup done she hurried downstairs. The idea of sitting through an interrogation at breakfast didn't appeal so Eda kissed Ayfer on the head and grabbed a slice of toast and a piece of fruit. "We're late Melo, let's go!"

Melo settled herself in the taxi with Eda, "How was yesterday Dada? Was it hard with eniste?"

"I won't lie to you Melo, yes. It's not like I turned off my feelings for him. I know that something happened but he won't talk about it. Sometimes I caught him watching me and he had this look in his eyes. I don't know."

"We'll figure it out. I know that he loves you still. We'll figure it out."

Engin stopped Serkan on the way into his office, "How is Eda?"

"Fine. Lucky. She was driving like a maniac and we were lucky it was only a slight concussion."

He pulled Serkan into his office, "You had all that time with her and you didn't talk to her? You know that you could have told her."

"We already talked about this Engin. Leave it be," he headed to his office noticing that Eda still wasn't in. He hated seeing Efe lounging where Eda sat. He nodded to the man as he kept going. Why did he have no interest in the holding?

He hung his coat and went in search of Ferit. At the top of the stairs he saw Selin in her office going through some folders but his focus was on Ferit.

"Do you have a minute?" Serkan asked before entering his office and closing the door.

"Have a seat, what's on your mind?" asked a very curious Ferit.

"Did you tell Aptekin that someone was researching the holding company?"

Not the question that Ferit was expecting, "Yes, there had been several inquiries into it recently and one was into old information. Very old information. Aptekin told me to bury it but I advised him against it. Why?"

Serkan knew that he and Eda agreed to tell Ceren but he thought that he should tell Ferit as well. Selin couldn't see into this office and she hadn't seen him come in here. Serkan doubted that she would think anything of Ceren coming to Ferit's office or Eda coming to it.

"Hold that thought Ferit, can you call Ceren in here?"

Serkan called Eda, "Are you at the office yet?"

"Just walking in why?"

"Come right to Ferit's office please? Ceren is coming here now. We may as well start our investigation right away."

Eda turned to Melo, "I'm running up to Ceren's. She wants to make sure I'm in one piece."

She hurried up the stairs and slipped into Ferit's office to see Ceren, Ferit and Serkan, "What's going on?"

Serkan walked over to her and said softly, "You said Ceren but I think that we should tell Ferit as well. We can trust him."

Eda whispered back, "I'm fine with it but tell them now because they're staring."

He smiled at her before turning around to begin the story, "Ceren, Ferit, I told Eda this yesterday and we're telling you in the strictest confidence because I'm hoping that you can help Ferit. That case that you found in the holding files? The people that were killed in the construction accident? They were Eda's parents. I told Eda of Aptekin's involvement yesterday. It was why I broke up with her, I took responsibility for the accident. . . . . . ."

"Which I told him he had nothing to do with. We talked about it quite a bit yesterday."

Ceren was watching the two of them, "So no concussion and the two of you are back together I assume?"

Serkan was still smiling his little half smile at Eda, "Yes, she has forgiven me for being an idiot but we are not telling anyone other than you two because we are concerned as to who is looking into the holding. Who is so concerned about what happened? Is it Efe or someone else?"

The four discussed the issue for another fifteen minutes before Ceren and Eda left together to go downstairs to Eda's desk. Serkan followed a few minutes later. He tried but couldn't help but be irritated to see Efe so close to Eda.

"Really Eda, let me take you for ice cream as a treat. Yesterday had to be a miserable experience for you," Efe sniped as Serkan walked by.

He couldn't help himself, "Should you even be here today Eda? Didn't the doctor tell you to rest?"

Eda turned her back on Serkan and told Efe, "Of course I would love some ice cream but maybe later. We have work to do Efe."

Finding time together was going to be hard, even with Ceren and Ferit to help. Serkan was able to find a property and had Seyfi start packing his things to be moved. The place was fully furnished so he would only need his personal items. He would talk to his mother tonight. When Engin came to ask Serkan to play pool that night he agreed. He had no idea that Engin had also invited Aptekin trying to play peacemaker between the two.

Leyla arranged for a night of Karaoke to celebrate Pyril's birthday. It seemed like the fates were against them. Fifi and Ceren wanted to go to karaoke but Melo was stuck at the office, "Why are you working so late Melo?"

"The queen wants me to put some documents together for her. I don't even know what they are," grumbled Melo.

That caught Eda's attention, "What do you mean Melo?"

"Just that Eda it looks like research of some kind. Maybe trying to do market research or something I don't know. Anyway I had better get back to work have fun."

Serkan walked into his apartment. What was Engin thinking inviting Aptekin to play pool? He knew that Engin had no idea of what caused the rift but there was no bringing them together again. He heard the gentle knocking, "Are you too busy to talk Serkan?"

"I won't change my mind. I'm moving. I can't live with the man any longer. After all he's done to me? To the family? I don't understand how you continue to put up with it."

Aydan sat on the edge of his desk, "What shall I do without you here Serkan?"

"Maybe it's time that you try therapy again? All I know is that I can't be here with him."

"You know your friends are up at the house. It would look strange if you weren't there."

Serkan frowned at her feeling like a scolded child, "Fine. I will come to the house but don't expect me to be civil to him."

The men were playing a soccer video game when Serkan's phone vibrated with a text from Eda, 'Does Engin remember it's Pyril's birthday?' He didn't even remember that it was Pyril's birthday. Serkan tried to call Leyla but she had over imbibed and only rambled on the phone. Getting no help from Leyla he texted back to Eda, 'Send me your location honey, I'll get the other idiot there.' He got the pin that Eda dropped of their location.

He turned to Engin, "Are you forgetting anything today Engin?"

He was busily working the controls of the video game, "Stop trying to distract me Serkan just because you're losing."

"I'll let Pyril know that the soccer game was more important than her birthday then," Serkan said smugly.

Ferit snickered as Engin froze and Serkan took the opportunity to score against Engin, "She's going to kill me. What do I do? Nothing is open now."

"You might want to beg Ayfer for some flowers and then I would suggest finding her."

Engin was still in shock, "And how am I supposed to do that?"

Serkan scored another goal as the clock ran out, "I can help you with that."

Aptekin jumped up, "Well let's go then," he was frozen in place by a look from Serkan that told him that he was not welcome. Seyfi put his hand on Aptekin's shoulder and pushed him back down into the chair as Serkan headed out with Engin, Ferit and Efe. Serkan had no idea why Efe was with them, more of Engin's nonsense that they all get along and be one big happy family he guessed.

Serkan drove with Ferit leaving Engin to Efe, "Have you found anything out Ferit?"

"There's definitely more than one person looking into the holding and I noticed that the files have been gone through in the storage room. I checked the security tapes but we don't have that angle. I don't know if it's worth having one put up now or not."

"Are the files still out?"

Ferit wasn't sure, "Then let's put the cameras in both outside the room and inside."

"So you and Eda are back together. How long do you think you're going to be able to keep up the separation Serkan?"

He sighed, "She's better at it than I am. We gave ourselves a week. Hopefully I can make it that long without being a knucklehead but Efe just rubs me the wrong way."

Ferit just laughed, "I can imagine. If he were sniffing around my girlfriend I wouldn't like it either."

"So what happened with you and Ceren?"

He groaned, "I was an idiot. I originally started paying attention to her to make Selin jealous and then by the time I realized that I didn't care about making Selin jealous and how amazing Ceren was it was too late. She knew what I had done and now she really is rather mad at me."

It was Serkan's turn to snort, "I know all about women getting mad. I spent half of the time that I've been with Eda having her mad at me. Then when I finally did figure it out Aptekin dropped the bomb on me. The thing that I'm finally learning is communication. You have to talk if you want to succeed. It took Eda almost wrecking the car yesterday before I would talk."

Ferit found it hysterical, "So that's what she did. Eda can have a temper."

"Saying Eda has a temper is like saying lightening is a little bit electric Ferit, but I wouldn't change her for anything. It's who she is and I love her for it. She doesn't let me get away with anything and after this last time she'll let me get away with less I'm sure. We're here Ferit. Remember only you and Ceren know. Let's go watch dead man walking."

Instead of focusing on Engin, Serkan was captivated by Eda singing. He had never heard her sing before and it was beautiful. Eda caught Serkan walking in out of the corner of her eye and couldn't draw hers away. He couldn't help but clap when she was done. She had maybe a bit too much to drink but still remembered her role, "What are you doing here Serkan? I thought you didn't like this kind of thing."

"Eda no one can hear us over the music. Have you had a bit too much to drink sweetheart?"

"Pfft, don't be a stick in the mud Serkan. I'm celebrating Pyril's birthday," she headed back to Ceren. Hopefully he could get her out of here tonight on one piece.

Efe came up to Eda, "Is seeing Serkan here bothering you Eda? I can take you home now if it is."

Not on your life thought Eda, "I'm a grown woman Efe I don't need a man to rescue me," she turned back to Ceren and Leyla.

Selin made her goodbyes to Pyril but stopped by Serkan, "I'm sure you aren't enjoying this Serkan. This really isn't your scene. Maybe you can give me a ride home."

Serkan glanced up to see Eda watching him intently her eyes narrowing, "I came with Ferit, Selin sorry. I can't just leave him here."

"Oh, sure. Well see you in the office tomorrow. Maybe we can do lunch."

He have a non-committal shrug, "With the work on the client's house time is short. Have a good evening Selin."

Eda made a beeline for Serkan, "How dare you flirt in front of me Serkan."

"Oh and you weren't earlier today with Efe and the ice cream? And that wasn't flirting that was me turning down her offer to have me take her home."

"Right Serkan, I saw her getting cozy," Eda turned to leave but Serkan grabbed her hand, "Dance with me love?"

He cuddled her to him, "Eda relax."

"I can't relax Serkan because if I relax then I'm going to want to kiss you and then everyone will know."

"So you don't want to come home with me tonight?"

"I can't Serkan I came with the girls and they're staying overnight."

"When do I get to see you? I didn't think that it was going to be this hard."

Eda dipped her head closer to his, "I don't know Serkan. I want. . . ."

Fifi pulled on Eda's arm, "Come on Eda we're going home."

She mouthed 'sorry' at Serkan as she was pulled towards the door. He went to find Ferit. They may as well head home but first they would get Leyla into a taxi.

Eda and Serkan were both becoming frustrated at trying to find time to be together. At work there were too many people and too many demands on their time. In the evening Eda had class and Aydan was wanting to spend as much time with Serkan before he moved out. It wasn't until the night of the client's party that they were going to be able to have time to be together. Serkan had successfully secured the stadium deal and was quietly talking to Eda on the balcony when they heard the awful rumbling and then the crash.

Serkan was beside himself, how had this happened? He never made an error like this. Eda rested her hand on his arm, "Can I stay with you?"

"Eda I'm not good company right now."

"That isn't what I asked Serkan, I asked if I could stay with you to support you. We're partners remembers," he heard the love and compassion in her voice and wanted to lean into it but had to figure this issue out.

"I love you for wanting to be with me Eda but I'm going to go home and then go into the office to start going through the blueprints. It's going to be a long night."

Eda stepped back, he hated losing her touch, "Eda, thank you," she only nodded at him as she walked off to catch a ride with Ceren.

Serkan had gone over the blueprints again and again and the error was there. How had this happened. He had been pacing for hours. He had redrawn the design, it was so simple, he didn't see how he could have made the error. Engin, Pyril, Selin, Efe, they were all heaping the blame on him and they were right. He made the error, this was his fault. It was the pacing Serkan that Eda saw when she came in that morning. She had barely slept for worrying about him.

Everyone was avoiding him so she took her chances to go speak to him. Eda spoke softly, "Serkan stop, please. There has to be some mistake."

"Yes Eda there is a mistake, I screwed up, I could have killed people."

She clutched him arm, "No, there has to be something. You are one of the finest architects in the world. You wouldn't make a mistake like this," Serkan began to pull away but Eda held his face, "Hear me Serkan, I don't say this because I love you I say this because I know you and respect your talent. There has to be an error, I know this and I will find it."

There were tears glittering in both of their eyes, "So stubborn Eda. How did I get so lucky to have you love me? But what if I made an error?"

She shook her head, "Not possible Serkan, it simply isn't possible. I'll find it you'll see," with one more loving brush of his cheek she stepped back and went to find Erdem. He could get her all the documents that she needed.

Eda studied the documents, there had to be something but she hadn't found it yet. She knew that Serkan was stressing, she saw the parade of people going in and out of his office asking him what he was going to do. Even Aptekin came but he was sent on his way quickly by Serkan, Eda ignored the man when he walked by. The person that annoyed Eda the most was Selin. She had made a point of spending time with Serkan huddled by his side. There were two more things that Eda needed to check but she needed Serkan and Selin was in his office. Again.

She didn't care, "Serkan could I get ten minutes of your time? I need you to check two things for me."

Selin turned to Eda, "He doesn't have time Eda he's busy. . . . . . ."

"What do you need Eda? Selin you can go," both of them missed the bitter look on Selin's face. Eda pulled the blueprints over to Serkan to go through some calculations again but the error still existed.

"Let's look at the originals on your laptop," Eda said sitting in his chair, "What's your password?"

Serkan blushed a little but Eda continued to look at him, "Your star coordinates."

Eda smiled at him, "You always did love me didn't you?"

He sighed, "You know I do Eda."

Still smiling she looked down at the laptop and then at the blueprints, "Serkan these numbers are different."

Serkan came to lean over the back of the chair. Eda pointed out the numbers on the original and then the blueprint, "You didn't make an error Serkan. The printer made an error. Do we know who was printing that day?"

"Leyla, Erdem, Selin, and Efe."

"Hmmm, I would rule out Leyla and Erdem. My guess would be Selin."

He rolled his eyes, "Eda you have to let go this vendetta against Selin. It was Efe."

"And you have to give up yours against Efe. Why would it be him? He brought the client. That's fine Serkan, I'll keep looking and find proof," Eda swung out of the office.

"Eda," Serkan called after her but she kept walking. Sometimes he wore blinders where Selin was concerned. Eda continued her research asking Pyril questions and then Engin. It wasn't until early afternoon that Selin approached her.

"Do you have a problem with me Eda?"

She faced Selin, "Should I have a problem with you Selin?"

"Are you trying to accuse me of changing the numbers? How dare you. . . . ."

"What's going on here?" asked Serkan.

Selin sneered, "Eda is accusing me of changing the numbers to cause the roof collapse."

Eda opened her mouth to defend herself when Serkan stepped in, "Eda I told you to leave it alone. Selin isn't responsible for the collapse. Leave it."

Selin gave a smirk to Eda, "Thank you Serkan."

She was furious, Eda turned away from him walking right into Ferit who had heard the tail end, "Eda I really don't think Selin would do something like that to hurt Serkan."

"Oh really Ferit? And she's not the same one who's been lying and covering up with Fatma? Of course you defend her," she swung away from him.

Serkan knew that Eda was angry with him. He gave her a minute and then followed her to the break room, "Eda can we talk for a minute?"

"What about Serkan? About the fact that I'm the only person that believed in you. I'm the person who worked to find out the error and yet when I bring up a simple question about Selin you jump down my throat protecting her. The very same Selin who has been throwing you under the bus since this happened."

"Eda I wasn't defending her I was just asking you to let it go. It wasn't Selin."

"Of course it wasn't your precious Selin she can do no wrong in your eyes. I'm the only one who can err. Maybe you're with the wrong person after all," Eda edged around him and fled back to her desk to get her purse. She wasn't going to stay any longer today she had class tonight that she needed to prepare for.

By the time Serkan got back into the drafting room Eda was already gone. He tried calling her but she sent the calls to voicemail, 'Eda please don't do this. Talk to me. You know that I have never cared for Selin. There is one woman that I love and that is you. Would you please answer?'

But she wouldn't answer any of his texts or calls. He had no other option but to go to the University and wait for her after class. Serkan wandered around the building and finally tracked Eda down in the library, Her anger at him hadn't lessened but his determination to have her listen had grown.

Eda hissed at him, "What are you doing here? Stop following me!"

Serkan followed her to the end of the stacks and caged her in, "No I won't stop following you. Stop being so stubborn Eda. Did you listen to any of my messages? Read any of my texts?"

She had a mulish set to her mouth that made her luscious bottom lip pout out. Serkan crowded closer, "Did you Eda? Did you listen to the voicemails or read the texts? If you had you would have heard me tell you that there is only one woman that I love and have ever loved. I don't care about Selin, I never have and you know it. You on the other hand I adore and I'm not defending her I'm telling you it isn't her because she doesn't know how to change the setting on the printer that was all honey. Not that I don't think she could hurt me but because she didn't know how to do the damage."

Eda closed her eyes in frustration, she hated when he used logic. Serkan watched her close her eyes so he closed the distance and kissed her. Damn him and his beautiful lips she thought as she kissed him back. Serkan pressed Eda against the stacks as he plied her with kisses, "How much longer do you have to stay honey?"

Her hand was fisted in his shirt under his vest holding him close, "I can leave now I suppose. What do you have in mind," she said in between kisses.

"Come see the new apartment with me. I haven't been there yet. We can go there for the first time together," he started pulling her with him.

Eda gathered her book, bag and umbrella and walked into the night with Serkan. A light rain was falling on the chilly evening. Serkan took his scarf from around his neck and put it on Eda pulling her close for another kiss, "I never thanked you for what you did for me today sweetheart. You saved my neck finding that error."

"You would have found it eventually Serkan. I knew you couldn't have made an error like that you're too good at what you do."

He still had her close with the scarf, "And you had faith in me."

"I always have faith in you. What I don't understand is why no one else had faith in you. They've known you longer with the exception of Efe. Why would Engin and Pyril think you could do such a thing. I won't even comment on Selin because she only saw it as a way to be by your side and don't argue. You saw it too. By your side but not supporting."

"I think Engin and Pyril thought that my mind had been taken over by my problems with you. Engin knew what the issue was but Pyril didn't. They both knew how unhappy I had been," Serkan reasoned.

"Well your mother, Seyfi and I didn't think it was possible. You forget how much time I've been spending with her Serkan."

Serkan hugged Eda close as they walked, "Are you still on your crusade to get her out of the house?"

"Yes and I know that I can. She's so close."

He led her up the stairs to the new apartment, "It's a bit cold don't you think Serkan? . . . . . . And my poor baby Sirius has been here all by himself Serkan," Eda went to give the dog attention.

Serkan dropped his coat and removed his tie before rolling up his sleeves, "You can make whatever changes. I hope that soon this will be your home too Eda."

She stood and took off her coat and scarf before coming to him at the counter, "You want me to live here with you?"

He drew her to him, "Have you not been listening to me Eda? Yes I want you to live with me. I want it all. This is just the start. Are you ready for it?"

"I am. I just want to make sure that you won't change your mind again. Not to give you a hard time but you were the one who broke up with me remember?"

"I remember and I won't change my mind. Now before we get more sidetracked did you want to work on the exterior landscaping? We promised it as part of the rebuild and we are trying to fast-track everything so we can save the stadium deal."

Eda pulled her design out of her bag and brought it to the counter to work. She always loved working with Serkan. Even when she was mad at him working side by side with him she did her best work. He brought out the most creative side in her. They had been working for over an hour when her phone began to ring, "My aunt, she's probably wondering where I am."

"Can you buy us some time?" Eda shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm doing some school work and then I have some regular work that I need to do Aunt. . . . . . Yes, I can be home in an hour. . . . . . Yes Aunt," a frustrated Eda looked at Serkan, "Are they all working against us? She's mad that I've been seeing your mother and has been monitoring my every move. It's like I'm five years old instead of twenty-three."

Serkan held Eda to him. He wanted to run away, they should have done it when he first suggested it, "We'll figure something out honey. Maybe Ceren can help us out. Do you want to finish this and then I can give you a ride home? Or do you want to leave now and maybe take Sirius for a short walk?"

"Let's walk Sirius. At least we can spend time together before I go home. I can finish the rest of this up tomorrow." 

They always enjoyed their walks but now their arms were around each other's waists and kisses were stolen every few steps. Serkan reluctantly deposited Eda at home and waited for her to close the gate before he got back in the car. It was just him and Sirius again.

The following morning Eda was meeting with Aydan and she was bringing something special for her, "Seyfi this is a tea to help Aydan relax. Three pinches in one cup understand?"

Seyfi nodded, "Three in one. Got it," Seyfi wasn't sure just how big of a pinch Eda meant and he didn't think that a little extra could hurt Aydan so he did three large pinches in the cup of water and enough honey to make it pleasant for Aydan. Eda watched as Aydan got more and more loose.

"Are you sure you only gave three pinches?" Eda asked holding her forefinger and thumb together.

His eyes got big as he put all of his fingers together. Eda frowned at him, "Seyfi that's too much! She's high!"

He just shrugged, "Maybe she wants to go for a ride now?"

Aydan crowed, "Oh yes, let's go for a drive. That sounds lovely! We can take my car."

The three bundled into Aydan's classic Mustang and headed into the city. She exclaimed at every new building that she saw and told stories about some of the old ones that they passed, "I know, let's visit Serkan. He couldn't come for breakfast so I can surprise him today instead," clapped Aydan.

Eda wasn't so sure that Serkan was going to want to see his mother in this state but the woman was determined so she drove to the apartment. Aydan climbed the stairs and knocked on the door only for it to be opened by Selin, "Aydan? What are you doing here?"

Sobering up fast she could ask the same thing, "What are you doing here Selin? This is my son's apartment."

Selin saw Eda coming up the stairs, "He's finishing getting dressed, why don't you come in and I can get you some coffee. We can make a fresh pot."

Aydan faltered and Eda froze on the steps, just what was Selin doing here? Serkan had heard the banging on the door. He had run upstairs to change his shirt after spilling coffee on it and saw his mother at the door with Eda behind her. He knew that this didn't look good and why did Selin think it was her business to answer his door?

"Mother? How did you get here? You're out of the house?" he came forward to take her hands and pull her into a hug meeting Eda's eyes over her shoulder or trying to Eda was studying her hands.

"Eda has been helping me all along and today is the first day that I have been able to come out of the house but it appears that we have interrupted something. We can leave," Aydan turned around to follow Eda and Seyfi down the stairs.

He was screwed if he didn't fix this now, "Wait, please. Selin thought the apartment was vacant. She had a pipe burst in her house and showed up here about five minutes ago planning on staying here but I've already told her that it isn't possible."

Selin didn't think that it was an acceptable answer, "But Serkan the place is plenty big. You can just stay upstairs and I'll take the bedroom downstairs."

"No Selin, I already told you that it wasn't possible. You can stay in one of the other ArtLife properties or a hotel but this one is not available. You should probably get to work Selin while I visit with my mother for a few minutes before I have to leave for the office."

He ushered Selin and her suitcase out of the apartment and his mother, Eda and Seyfi into the apartment, "Serkan she just opened the door bold as can be and made it seem like the two of you had a sleep over. She told us you were getting dressed."

"I needed to change my shirt because I spilled coffee on it. I told her that she couldn't stay here and that she needed to leave. I was only upstairs a few minutes. I thought that she had left," Serkan explained trying to catch Eda's attention.

Aydan wasn't done, "Well I wanted to surprise you Serkan and I'm the one who got the surprise. Really we all got the surprise and it wasn't a good one. Did you say you had coffee?" she went into the kitchen followed by Seyfi.

Serkan said quietly to Eda, "I did not invite her here honey you have to believe me."

Eda lifted her eyes to his, "She won't give up Serkan. After you defended her in the office yesterday you made her bolder. Why do you think she came here today? Why this property? It certainly isn't the most convenient to ArtLife."

"All good questions Eda which I can ask Leyla when I get into the office," he leaned around to see if his mother or Seyfi were paying attention to them but they were making coffee. Serkan gave Eda a good morning kiss, "Morning love," her lips clung to his in a sweet kiss.

"Do you have to take her home or can Seyfi take her home?"

"My car is at the farm so I need to go and get it. We should probably get going. Aydan? Seyfi? We need to get going. I have to get to work," her hand held his for a moment before letting go and walking to the door to wait for Aydan and Seyfi.

Back in the car Aydan was eager to assure Eda that Serkan and Selin weren't together, "You know Eda that there isn't anything between Serkan and Selin right?"

"It's none of my business what he does Aydan he broke up with me remember? I prefer not to talk about it," Eda wanted to leave it at that because Aydan and Seyfi were both too nosy for their own good.

She had been thinking about the roof collapse for a while now. If it wasn't Selin then it had to be Efe as hard as it was to believe that he would damage his own friend and client. All Eda needed to do now was find the proof to exonerate Serkan.

Eda arrived to the office just before lunch to see Efe coming out of a meeting in the conference room, "Efe? Would you like to get dinner with me tonight?"

A distracted Efe tilted his head at her, "Dinner? Tonight? Yes Eda, I'd like to have dinner with you," she was finally warming to him he thought.

With that part of the plan taken care of Eda needed to finish the exterior of the client's house. She had put the finishing touches on it when Serkan stopped by her desk, "How are the plans coming Eda?"

"I just finished them. Do you want to see them?"

"If you could bring them to my office so I could review them, yes," Serkan walked into his office and waited for Eda. She rolled her eyes. Eda knew that Serkan had seen her conversation with Efe and it was killing him that he didn't know what it was about.

Eda gathered her drawings and headed into the office. She laid them out for Serkan to review, "I'm going to talk to Efe over dinner tonight Eda to see if I can force a confession out of him. He was very nervous after our meeting and I think that he's ready to break."

Her head was down still reviewing the drawings, "Too late Serkan, I'm already going out to dinner with Efe tonight."

"What? No you aren't! Cancel it Eda."

With her head still down making some final touches Eda simply said, "No."

"What do you mean 'no' Eda?"

Eda lifted her head to look at Serkan. "I mean 'no' I won't cancel dinner. Efe will suspect you but he won't suspect me. I told you I would figure this out Serkan and I will."

"You are determined to take years off my life aren't you Eda?"

She leaned closer to him, "Not at all Serkan. Just the opposite. I want as many as I can get with you but in order to do that we need to clear your name and clear ArtLife's name. Efe will talk to me. Trust me on this please?"

"Will you at least let me listen in to your conversation?"

"You may hear things that you don't want to hear."

It was Serkan's turn to lean close, "Then you can make them up to me tonight. Didn't you promise to come home with me tonight?"

Eda cocked her head and peeped her dimples at him, "Who is making up for what tonight love? Didn't you have something foul in your apartment this morning?"

"I did and I think that we need to get rid of all that bad energy and I know just how we can do it."

Eda smiled at Serkan, "I look forward to it," they were able to focus their energies back on her design and finish it up so that it could be sent to the client for approval.

That evening Serkan watched as Eda and Efe left for dinner. He had every intention of following them and called for his car. Selin watched from the lobby. She knew where Efe and Eda were going to dinner and was curious if Serkan was going to go eavesdrop. She knew that he still wasn't over her but she needed to make sure that his focus was elsewhere and what better way to do it than to have dinner with him so that he couldn't pay attention to Eda.

She followed him to the restaurant and saw that Serkan was watching Eda. Selin made her move, "Serkan? What are you doing here? Care if I join you?"

Serkan had been so focused on Eda that he hadn't seen Selin approaching and then sit at his table before he could decline her offer, "Selin what are you doing here?"

"Well you know since I'm living out of pocket right now I thought I would pick up dinner to go but then I saw you. Why don't we have dinner together?" she reached over and laid her hand on top of his in an intimate gesture.

Eda chose that moment to look up at Serkan, her eyes widened a bit and her right brow cocked. Serkan gave a slight shake to his head as he frowned and removed his hand from under Selin's. He had no idea why she was here just more of her stalking he assumed.

"I'm listening to an earnings call right now Selin for an American company that I invest in I am not here for conversation only dinner before I head home."

She wasn't deterred, "I can keep you company then."

Eda knew that Serkan hadn't invited Selin and that she had most likely followed him. Now she had to watch the witch pull more of her games. Efe leaned into Eda, "So why did you and Serkan break up Eda?"

"He told me that I interfered with his work and work was more important to him."

Efe let out a bark of laughter, "What an idiot! He let a beautiful and intelligent woman like yourself go for work? I would never do that you know."

Eda could see Serkan's face darken with anger and jealousy, "You have to understand that Serkan built ArtLife from the ground up with Engin and Pyril. That's why someone sabotaging his business has cut so deep."

That surprised him, "After all that he's put you through you sound like you admire him."

"I admire his work ethic and talent. I admire what he's built. I may not like how he ended things but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the businessman."

Efe thought that Eda might not be the ally that he thought she would be, "So do you know who he suspects?"

Eda shrugged, "It's not like we're close and talk about that kind of this but if I had to guess I'd say you. But I don't really know."

Selin was looking at the menu and had it covering her face. Serkan blew Eda a kiss, her answer was perfect. She slid him a small wink.

"He suspects me?" asked Efe.

"I have no idea Efe. Like I said I'm not in the loop."

Efe knew that the game was over, he had already confessed his part in the collapse to the client. He brought up the letter on his phone and sent it to Serkan as well. "I should probably call Serkan, I need to have a conversation with him."

He dialed Serkan but the call went straight to voicemail. When Efe commented Eda shrugged, "You know him, a workaholic. He's probably on an overseas call right now. Why did you want to talk to him?"

"I'll have to talk to him in the office. Are you done with dinner Eda? Would you like dessert?"

Eda pressed her hands to her stomach, "Goodness no, I think that I've eaten way too much of their delicious food. We can get the check. Since I asked you dinner is on me tonight," Eda motioned for the check.

Serkan motioned to the waiter for his check as well. Selin saw him motioning for the check, "But Serkan I just ordered."

"Yes and you can sit there and eat your dinner. I never invited you to eat dinner with me Selin," the waiter came with the check and Serkan paid it leaving the restaurant before Eda. 

Selin silently fumed that he had left her there. Serkan was probably leaving the restaurant so that Eda wouldn't know that he was stalking her. Well Selin would burst their bubble soon enough and make sure that they never got back together if the information that she thought was in the holding files proved to be true. She watched as Efe escorted Eda out of the restaurant. What was it about that woman that had all the men after her? She would never understand it.

Serkan pretended that he was walking into the restaurant just as Eda and Efe exited, "Serkan, what a surprise. What are you doing here?"

He looked at Eda, "I had hoped to talk to Eda. Was there something that you wanted Efe?"

It was now or never he thought, "I sent you an email earlier and I've sent one to the client as well. The printer error was mine. I wasn't aware that the change that I had made to it would have an impact on blueprints after I had printed. The roof collapse was my error not yours."

Serkan fixed him with a cold glare, "And you've waited to tell me this why? Because you know that you were caught?"

"No, because the damage was corrected. I'm sorry. The email is in your inbox. Eda are you alright if I leave you?"

Eda waved him off. They both watched as Efe got into his car and left.

Serkan led Eda to his car and helped her into the passenger seat before getting in himself. He waited to say anything until they were away from the venue. "You were right Serkan, he was guilty of changing the printer settings. I don't believe that he didn't know the change he made would have a negative impact on everything else that was printed. I think he didn't know how big of an impact that it would have. He was careless but why did he sabotage it in the first place? I don't know that he will tell us. What are you thinking."

Serkan said dramatically, "I'm thinking that you have so much to make up for tonight Eda."

She chuckled, "You're going to take advantage of this Serkan?"

"You bet I am honey," he pulled her fingers to his mouth and lightly bit her forefinger before sucking it into his mouth.

Eda retrieved her fingers and leaned over the console to whisper in his ear before licking the shell and nibbling the lobe, "Drive faster baby."

****

Eda wasn't content with nibbling on his ear. She moved lower on his neck underneath his ear and began to unbutton his shirt, "What are you doing Eda?"

"Getting a head start Serkan, you have so many buttons that are in the way. Do you mind?" he didn't mind. Serkan held each wrist for her to undo those as she placed kisses on them too. Eda had his tie undone, his vest and shirt unbuttoned and his belt unbuckled by the time Serkan pulled into the parking garage. Her hands were wandering under his t-shirt playing across his abdomen as her lips played across his neck.

Serkan was ready to explode at any minute, "Baby I need you now."

Eda slid her thong down her legs and put her seat back and reclined as Serkan climbed over. Eda unzipped and pushed his pants and briefs down his hips letting his erection spring free. Serkan pulled Eda's legs around his hips as he hit the roof button to close them in as he drove into Eda's warm, wet sheath. Her drawn out sigh of pleasure chased through him. Eda tightened her legs around his hips and pulled his face to hers to kiss him deeply as Serkan drove them towards their climax. Eda lost control, moving her mouth to Serkan's neck as she panted out her release. He thrust hard one final time before spilling his seed in her, "Mine, you are mine Eda and I am yours. Never forget."

She drew his head back and kissed him tenderly, "Who else's would I ever be? I want no one else but you. I love you. Serkan I don't want to hide anymore do you?"

"No. I want to be with you all the time. I don't care who knows and I don't care who's looking into the holding. You're what's important Eda. We're important. Now let's go inside we have a lot of catching up to do."

The small car wasn't the best place for a romantic encounter but Eda had teased them both to a breaking point and neither regretted it. Serkan reluctantly withdrew from Eda to her sigh of disappointment, "Honey, upstairs. I have plans."

Eda leaned forward to kiss him, "I have plans too," Serkan certainly hoped so. She unwound her legs and opened the door stepping out. Serkan spotted her thong and stuffed it in his pocket before tucking himself back into his pants and just zipping. He climbed out and closed the door following Eda up the stairs. He was glad that this part of the garage was private as Eda's skirt was exposing her very lovely bottom.

****

Serkan unlocked the front door and hustled Eda through before locking it and tossing the keys on the table. His hands were under her skirt on her bottom molding and shaping, "Honey what are we doing for birth control?"

Eda stopped, "Oh I hadn't thought of that Serkan."

His hands kept up their wandering removing her jacket and skirt leaving her in her shirt. Serkan took off his jacket, shirt and vest as one, "You might already be pregnant baby. It only takes one time."

She wasn't sure where he was going with this, "I can take the morning after pill."

"Is that what you want to do Eda? Because I can assure you that I am going to try my hardest to get you pregnant."

Eda smiled at him, "You're sure love? You've very sure?"

Serkan stroked her hair away from her face and kissed her gently, "So sure. We talked about being a young family Eda. I still want that. Nothing has changed," he threw off his undershirt and shoes. Eda unzipped her boots and took them off.

"Nothing has changed for me either," She took off her socks, top and bra while Serkan took off his socks, pants and boxers.

Naked he drew her into his arms, "So I say we elope tomorrow morning first thing but tonight we just love each other and if a baby happens it happens."

The feel of his heart beating as one with hers couldn't be matched. Eda tucked her head into the crook of his neck, "My romantic robot again. My love and my life has come back to me. Yes, let's do that, please. Could we have Ceren drop something off for me to wear though?"

She could feel Serkan's chuckle, "Yes, she can drop off something for you to wear though I like what you have on now the best." He lifted her into his arms and carried her up the stairs to their bedroom.

Ceren dropped off some things for Eda that night, she just left them outside the door. She didn't want to disturb their romantic evening, she saw the clothes strewn about the living room. Ceren felt a pinch of sadness that she didn't have that in her life. She thought that she had something going with Ferit but he had been using her to make the witch jealous. She hurried back to her car and headed home not wanting to dwell on what she didn't have.

When the registrar's office opened first thing the following morning Eda and Serkan were ushered into a private chamber to have all the paperwork completed. Once that was done an officiant married Eda and Serkan witnessed by two clerks. They had done what they wanted to do how they wanted to do it. The fuss of a ceremony and party wasn't what either of them wanted or cared for. All Serkan and Eda cared about was being married to each other.

It had taken Selin hours the night before but she finally found what Serkan had been hiding. She had pulled folders from the holding going back almost twenty years and then had Melo pull anything regarding lawsuits. Just that snippet of information that she overheard was enough to make her curious and now she knew. Once Eda heard this she would never forgive Serkan. Never. She couldn't wait to share the news. It would have to be casual, like she didn't know that Eda was there but she thought that she could do it.

"So Eda Bolat where would you like to go for a honeymoon?"

Eda loved hearing herself called that, "Eda Bolat, I do love the way that sounds. I've never been anywhere Serkan. Where would you like to go?"

"There is one place that I promised myself that I would only go with someone that I loved. Montmartre in Paris. I've been to Paris many times but never there. We could go and get lost among the streets. What do you say?"

"I will go anywhere with you Serkan and that sounds like a dream. Yes, let's go there. You can show me what you love about the city and then we can get lost together in Montmartre."

With a plan for their honeymoon in place Eda and Serkan walked into ArtLife. Betul smiled brightly when she saw that they were holding hands once again, "It is very good to see you both looking so happy this morning," she greeted them.

Serkan ushered Eda in front of him and walked behind her to her desk where Efe sat, "Efe. I think that we should make an announcement to the team in light of your revelations yesterday."

Efe was startled, "Is that necessary Serkan?"

"You tried to destroy my reputation and their reputation Efe. Yes it is necessary," Eda had moved back out of the line of fire. She and Serkan had already discussed her employment under Efe. As of today Eda would be moving back full-time under ArtLife.

Serkan called the team together, "Friends, Efe would like to make an announcement," he stepped to the side giving Efe the floor.

Efe was sweating, he had been buttering up these people for weeks, "Friends, as Serkan has said I wanted to talk to you all," he tried to find Eda as support but she wasn't where he could see her, "You see the roof collapse happened because of me. I had changed some of the setting on the printer, I didn't know that it changed the printouts to the project until after the roof collapse."

Engin flew out of his office, "You knew? All this time you knew and you said nothing? You let the press drag Serkan and ArtLife through the mud and you knew? What did you think would happen to a blueprint if you changed the printer settings?"

Serkan pulled Engin back, "Enough Engin, we know that it wasn't done by ArtLife and the client knows it too," Engin wasn't done.

His face in Efe's, "I supported you. When Serkan told me that he thought you might have something to do with this I told him he was wrong. I invited you into our lives," Serkan pulled him back again, "Engin, enough."

Serkan continued to push him back towards his office saying softly, "We will make him pay don't doubt it."

That finally broke through Engin's anger, "Good. After the damage he did to you? To us? I want to destroy his career. He knew what he was doing Serkan don't tell me he didn't."

"He knew. Any first year student would know. Now calm down."

Efe saw the sea of faces looking at him with anger and hatred. What Engin had said was true, they had invited him in, made him part of the team. If they only knew. Efe looked behind him and saw Eda, "May I speak to you?"

Eda followed him to one of the conference rooms, "It was an honest mistake Eda surely you understand that."

She looked at him, "An honest mistake? Efe this is Serkan's career. You knew how the failure happened from the beginning yet you said nothing. How could you do that? And changing the printer setting and expecting nothing to happen? Even a first year knows not to do that."

He looked at her bitterly, "After all that he's done to you Eda? You can still support him?"

"This is his career Efe. If the positions were reversed I would support you but they are not. I told you last night Serkan has worked very hard to get where he is. He is meticulous which is why an error like the roof was so unbelievable. Why Efe? Why did you do it?"

"It was a mistake Eda an honest mistake."

She shook her head, "I don't believe you. I'm sorry but I don't"

"So what will you do now Eda. You need this job. You need me."

Eda gave him a rather sarcastic little smile, did she really need him? No she didn't, "I'll manage Efe. I'll manage."

Efe expected Eda to leave ArtLife but she just went back and sat at her desk and continued to work on a joint ArtLife project. What had he missed? He headed out of the office to deal with his partner narrowly missing running over Selin who was just coming into the office.

She picked up on the tension immediately and sought out Pyril, "What's going on? Why is everyone so agitated?"

Pyril looked up at Selin and then glanced at her watch, the woman arrived at the office two hours after everyone else and left two hours before, "Efe was responsible for the roof collapse. He changed the printer setting causing the blueprints to come out wrong. The client knows this and now all of our team does too."

"So what happens with Efe? He's still a shareholder."

"He won't touch another project."

Selin had an evil smile on her face, "Too bad for Eda, she'll need to find another job," Selin wandered out of Pyril's office. She didn't hear Pyril tell Selin that they hired Eda.

Selin watched Eda throughout the day waiting for her perfect opportunity to ambush Serkan with Eda being in hearing distance. Her chance didn't come until later in the day.

Eda was working alone in the back conference room when Selin saw Serkan come out of the room. She approached him and said rather loudly, "I know what lies you've been hiding Serkan."

"Excuse me Selin?" Serkan said calmly.

Selin saw Eda get up from her chair, this was too good, she pretended not to see her, "The lies that you've been covering up about Eda's family. Your involvement in the death of her parents. How could you hide this information from her? That you were responsible for the death of her family?"

Eda said calmly, "Because he wasn't responsible for their death Selin. Serkan was eleven at the time and was at boarding school in London."

Serkan looked at his wife with a small smile on his face. He didn't think that he would ever get used to having someone believe in him so strongly or defend him so well, "I wondered who was poking around in confidential files that they shouldn't have access to. Thank you for confirming that Selin. Eda is well aware of Aptekin's involvement in the death of her parents. She knows that he hired the contractors that did the subpar work that resulted in their deaths. Did you think to destroy us with this information Selin?"

"You're just as responsible as Aptekin, it's your company."

Selin didn't see that Eda had a tight grip on Serkan's hand, "How do you figure that Selin? He only has taken over the company within the past six weeks. Serkan was never a part of it. You were more involved than he was. Should I say that you were responsible for the death of my parents? Is Ferit? No? Don't be absurd, the person responsible was put in jail and Aptekin has been put on notice. I'm curious though, why is this important to you? Why is this your business? You aren't a part of the holding any longer."

Serkan squeezed her fingers, "Yes Selin, why were you in confidential files? You have no legal business to be in confidential files."

"Because I need to protect the company from any attacks."

He laughed, "Yet the attacks that we get are from within. You were doing it for your own selfish reasons. You thought that you could drive that final wedge between us didn't you Selin? When are you going to get it through your head that I don't love you and I have never loved you. We are not friends and as of now we are no longer business colleagues. You're fired. Going through confidential records that you did not have legal access to is a violation of your employment contract."

"You can't fire me on your own Serkan," Selin spat back.

Engin, Pyril and Ferit had quietly come into the area when Eda texted them minutes earlier. Engin still in a mood from earlier, "He has our approval. All of our approval. Don't doubt it Selin. No more of your working half days for that exorbitant salary that your father and Aptekin were giving you."

Selin looked at Pyril, "Engin is right Selin. We've put up with you for far too long and this vendetta against Eda and Serkan was the last straw. We should have fired you after the fiasco in Antalya. Ferit has confessed to his part in that misadventure but you have yet to claim any blame. You have violated the employment contract time and time again and we are done."

"Security is waiting to escort you out Selin," said Ferit with a small smile.

Selin snarled at him, "Shove it Ferit," as she pushed past them.

Engin clapped his hands together, "Well that was fun now how do we bury that bastard Efe Akman?"

Serkan wrapped his arm around Eda's back, "That's already done Engin. The broadcast where Efe read a statement earlier today? I didn't just have that broadcast in Türkiye it was done in Italy and in England. Efe will find things very hot when he goes home. Very hot indeed."

Ferit was trying and failing to cover his laughter and Pyril just shook her head while Engin clapped Serkan on the back.

"Now if you'll excuse Eda and I we're going to be gone for about a week on our honeymoon. When we come back we'll hit the ground running."

As Serkan and Eda walked out the three of them stood there with their mouths open. Ferit turned to Pyril and Engin, "Did he say honeymoon?"

They stopped and turned back. Serkan called, "Eda and I got married this morning. Congratulate us later we have celebrating to do!" he kissed Eda's laughing mouth before leading her out of the building on to their next adventure.

Three days later Eda and Serkan were lost in Montmartre doing all the things that lovers do on a honeymoon in Paris. Selin, Efe and Aptekin forgotten as they looked forward to their future. They knew that as long as they stayed together they could conquer any foe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 1.6K 17
Serkan has ended his cancer treatment but gets the devastating news about his future. Eda wants it all, Serkan and a family, she has no intention of...
62K 2.2K 16
I couldn't figure out whether to post the next one-shot in a separate story or continue with this thread. Lowkey awful with understanding these thing...
203K 2.5K 64
Suggestions are open. I'll do tons of fluff :) that's about it
15.7K 43 1
a bunch of enorace oneshots, thanks for voting and reading! status: completed