His Other Half

By DamnGina

I opened the door only to see dozens of police cars in front of the house and that terrifying black truck. I... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Voting Closed!!!
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty -seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-nine
Seventy
Seventy-one
Seventy-two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-three
Eighty-four
Eighty-Five

Seventy-nine

608 42 35
By DamnGina

Omniscient

After cleaning herself up Ahsha took her seat and glanced up at her mates seeing them seated as well. "Everything okay?" Andy asked seeing the dim golden swirls in her eyes. "Yes." She answered before clearing her throat.

"Let's continue," Isaac announced glancing at his little sister. She gave him a very guilty smile and to that, he just shook his head.

"So you decided that you valued your daughter and her child more than your son and his?" She questioned. "That's not what happened. Olujimi—,"

"Before you try to lie I will warn you—," Ahsha paused as Olujimi appeared. "To pick your words wisely." He said. Petre flinched but said nothing.

"I—," She froze. "Yes, I did," Mira admitted. Isaac looked at his sister as she turned away from Mira. "Do we need to take an actual break before you pop off?" He asked. Ahsha chuckled a dry unamused laugh. "What's funny?" Petre asked. "That's not a laugh that's restraint," Isaac spoke. "Please keep going." Ahsha's voice shifted between her own and Oshun's. "So you traded you—you traded Ares and then?" Harrison asked.

"I didn't trade Ares that's just happened to be the child chosen, but I did feel guilty and tried to find a workaround. This is how Ares ended up inside of Malik, but as you know three beings cannot be in one body. So I again tried to correct things—," "And you thought the best way to do that was to banish Ares." Adrian said. Mira looked at him trying to find the right words. 

"I didn't want to banish him, but I didn't know what else to do. The debt to Olujimi had to be paid. Besides he was the more aggressive one of the three. The more violent one. You of all people should know that." Mira motioned to Ahsha as she tried to justify her actions. "I'd be a little violent too if my grandma fucked my shit up inside the womb too." Ahsha chimed in.

"I tried to fix it, but Olujimi didn't want—," "Mind your words. I agreed to a trade, but you turned me down if you remember." Olujimi's voice echoed. "What was the trade?" Imam asked. "Her life in exchange for her grandson's." He answered. Imam shook his head purely disgusted. 

"She said no." Olujimi shrugged. "So you traded your grandson. Then you try to fix it and messed it up more. And then once again you try to correct things only to conclude that banishment is the only way, is that what we're hearing?" Taj said.

"All for your efforts to not work and destroy so many people's lives," Andy said. "On top of it, you truly valued your life and the life of the children you had with your mate over the ones you had with your husband." Jacob continued. "Did it work?" Isaac asked. Ahsha knew it hadn't. Mira looked down taking a minute. "No." She answered. 

"So then what happened?" "I left. I went back to Petre, Gabriela, and my grandchild." She said. "And Petre just accepted you back?" Jacob questioned. "Not right away it took some time but eventually yes. Until she left a few months ago. She kept in contact with me this time and we talked often until it just stopped." Petre explained.

"Until Mira was imprisoned," Ahsha said. "Yes." He mumbled. "I came back because Olujimi told me that I still had a debt that needed to be paid. So with Dominic's—," "You involved Dominic?" Petre asked. Malik and Ares looked at Pablo, but he kept his eyes on the scene below. "Wait. Dominic, you mean Pablo?" Adrian asked. "Yes," Ahsha answered. "So Petre you knew Dominic—Pablo was her grandson?" Harrison asked. "No she told me he was her nephew, and she took care of him like her own grandson. Fuck Mira." Petre sighed frustrated. Ares and Malik stared at Pablo stunned.

Ahsha looked at her mates feeling the confusion and questions fill her body. "Damn," Jacob said. "Continue," Isaac said. "To fix everything once and for all Dom—Pablo needed to go back into his right body. It took longer than intended because Ares locked Pablo away, but once I was able to get him out the plan was back in action." 

"And that's where the kidnapping of the Queen and attempted killing of the King happened," Taj said. Petre was utterly speechless as he stared at his mate. "Yes, but clearly the Queen is far craftier than I could've imagined," Mira said staring at Ahsha.

"Who helped you?" Isaac questioned. Mira didn't speak. "Obviously someone was helping you. It couldn't have been Pablo because at some point he was locked up. He didn't know much." Isaac pondered out loud. 

"We know about Ali, but he wasn't close enough to the inner circle to know much, about anything, so who else was it?" He asked. She stared at him. "Well let's think about it. It couldn't have been Cairo, Jericho, or Alexander. They knew Ares was back and clearly Mira didn't know until two weeks ago." Ahsha said. 

"Imam doesn't like her." Isaac pointed out. Ahsha nodded her head agreeing. "Rafi seemed genuinely surprised about everything," Dalia added. "True. He and Emilia knew about Ares also, so that crosses them out." Ahsha threw out.

"It has to be Veronica, right? She hates you and to hurt you she'd use your mates." Adrian said. Veronica looked at him shocked. "Fair guess but she too knew about Ares," Ahsha said. "What about Olivia?" Harrison asked. "Locked in the tombs for a while," Isaac said glancing at her elderly form. "It has to be someone who is close and unassuming," Ahsha said as her eyes went up to the crowd. "Maybe a guard?" Andy suggested. Ahsha chuckled. 

"You would think so, but my loves trained their men well. None of them would cross them—," "Unless it was to help you." Malik called. "True." She pointed. "If the person wants to come forward on their own they might be given some grace. Heavy on the might." She spoke. "Mira who was it?" Harrison asked. "Tell them. It's the very least you could do." Petre said. She looked at her mate consumed by all the emotions he was feeling.

"It was me." Tyla blurted out as she stood. Cairo looked at his mate wide-eyed and in disbelief as did Malik, Ares, and Pablo. Murmured whispers filled the room only to fall silent as Ahsha laughed. "Is this also a restrained laugh?" Petre asked. "No," Isaac answered. "What did I say at the beginning of this?" She asked her voice still filled with laughter. 

"We only see what they want you to see," Adrian said. "And?" "That they are backstabbers, liars, and imposters." A woman yelled. "What else?" "And that we'd be surprised to hear about some of the awful things these people have done," Dalia said. "Or not." Isaac finished. "Ahsha—,"

"It really does seem that all of you are truly misguided and corrupt people or were at the very least heavily influenced by one," Ahsha said with a sigh. "Why did you help her? Why cross me?" She asked Tyla who tensed as all eyes went to her. "It wasn't my intention to cross you," Tyla said. 

"Really? Then who were you trying to cross?" Ahsha and Oshun's voices melded together. "I—I was tired of them getting away with treating everyone so badly. Then to hear how they were treating you, their mate—," She froze hearing Oshun and Ahsha hum. "So you did this out of concern for me, is that right?" They asked. "You could've killed my brothers," Cairo said. Tyla looked at him as unshed tears filled her eyes. "I'm sorry." She said.

"You're sorry? That's it." Cairo questioned. "Please—," She began but he walked off. "You know this means you will also face a punishment for your betrayal," Tyla nodded her head.

"Mira, is there anything you want to say?" Ahsha asked. "What else is there to say?" She pouted as if she was the one wronged in all of this. "Something! You ruined so many people's lives. And what for? Him?" Petre snapped pointing at Imam. "I thought I was making the right decision," Mira spoke lowly. 

"Prostii." "Do you regret anything?" Ahsha asked. Mira held the young Queen's eyes. "Yes." She said. "And what is that?" "I regret coming back the first time Imam called." She said. "It's not an excuse, but I couldn't let the idea of Imam and I being together. I can admit I was obsessed, and I let that obsession spiral and for that, I do apologize." She spoke solemnly.

"What about your sons? Or your grandsons? Do you regret them?" Ahsha asked and for the first time, Ahsha saw true remorse fill her eyes. "No." her voice cracked. "I love my sons. I know I wasn't the best mother to them, but I love them with my entire being." "And your grandsons?" Ahsha asked. She dropped her head. 

"I love them so much. I know it may not seem like it but I do care about them. I am very proud of the changes they made to be better for you. They've already shown proven to be better leaders and mates than me, their grandfather, or their father could've ever been." Mira poured out.

Ahsha looked up at her mates as Mira spoke seeing calmness grace their faces. She knew that the three of them most of all Ares needed to hear her say that even if none of them would ever admit it out loud. "But even with that being said I should've stayed with Petre and Gabriela." Mira declared. That was fair. Had she not come back when Imam called none of this would've happened.

"I do have one more question and then I'm done," Isaac said. "Which is?" Mira asked. "Why did you help Ali kill our dad?" He asked. The twins' eyes looked identical to Olujimi's now. Oshun and Anansi had taken over their bodies as flames flared out as they stared at Mira. Dalia signaled several guards to surround the Queen and Prince. She then looked up at their mates motioning them to come help. 

Fear covered Mira's face as the pair came over the desk. "I—I—I'm sorry." She stammered. Anansi huffed as a Cheshire-like grin covered his face. "You're sorry." His voice mocked. "Well, I guess since you're sorry that makes everything fine." He taunted. He raised his hand only stopping when he heard, "Anansi!" yelled called.

He turned seeing his mate. Camryn stood next to her. "Let's go take a break," Veronica suggested. "Yeah let's go cool down, okay." Camryn prodded. "She killed my dad." Anansi's voice boomed out. While everyone was focused on Anansi, Oshun charged at Mira slamming her to the ground. Mira stared into Oshun's eyes as terror filled her body. 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please I'm so sorry!" Mira yelled clawing at Oshun's wrist as her grasp tightened around her throat. Oshun raised her hand only to freeze when she felt her mate grab her stilling her movements.

She turned to see Pablo tightly holding her wrist. "Let go." She growled. Pablo's eyes changed to a beautiful mixture of red and gold as his presence intensified shaking her concentration. "Not until you do." He said. 

"Habibata, let her go," Malik demanded from her left, his eyes an intense piercing green and gold as power wafted from his body as well. "She—," She stumbled as her mind and body began to flood with thoughts of her mates.

"I know my love, but you're better than her. Let her go!" Pablo ordered. "No." She barked. Ares kneeled in front of her. His eyes were consumed by a dark veil of blackness as the power the three men shared only blossomed, entrapping her. 

"We had a deal. If we weren't allowed to lose control then neither are you. Let her go!" Ares growled at her. "Now!" Pablo snapped. "Ahsha!" Malik shouted as he moved to grab her. "Come on, habibata. Come with us." He whispered. A shaky breath left her lips before she released Mira's throat, and her gasps filled the air. Petre sighed dropping to his knees.

She was carried out to a separate room. "I—," Similar to earlier before she could speak Malik's lips were on hers. He cupped her face staring into her eyes. "Are you back?" He asked. She nodded her head. "I'm back." She croaked out.

Pablo grabbed her chin staring at her before smiling. Ahsha laughed at the genuine amusement on his face. He kissed her all over her face. "Don't worry little mate we'll help you release all that pent-up rage." He said before finally kissing her lips.

Pablo stepped aside and Ares came into view. He calmly walked towards her his eyes still totally black as he looked at her. He grabbed her hand, the hand she was going to use to end Mira and he kissed her fingertips. He smirked slightly pushing her head back. 

"Clearly Fate knew what she was doing by choosing you to be our mate." He said. Their laughter filled the room. He snaked his arms around her waist and kissed her. "For the record, I do agree with Pablo." He added. She shivered looking from Ares to Pablo and Malik.

"Speaking of Pablo—you met Mira's mate," Malik said. Pablo sighed. "Can we not do this now? We still have to finish this hearing and attend hers later." Pablo said. "I agree," Ahsha said hoarsely. The three men looked at her before one by one agreeing. There was a knock on the door. 

"I thought you might want to see your baby," Aida said. Ahsha smiled and rushed to take him. Nas immediately planted a wet kiss on her cheek. "I missed you too, my love." She cooed calming quicker. Malik, Ares, and Pablo's eyes softened at the sight.

==

After taking an hour-long break everyone filed back into the room. Eyes falling onto Ahsha and Isaac curiously. "We apologize for the outburst," Isaac said, clearly appearing disheveled yet very relaxed. 

"Mira you have admitted to treason, attempted murder, bribery, blackmail, threatening the crown on multiple counts, among many other things," Taj spoke. "Your Highness, please. I know she—," "No." Isaac said. "Please—," "No," Ahsha said. "Because you're still in debt to Olujimi he has first dibs on you—you are his to do with as he sees fit," Ahsha spoke.

Olujimi rose to his feet. Mira looked at him as a chill raced through her veins. Olujimi smiled turning to the Prince and Queen bowing before turning to Mira. "I've waited many years for you to pay your debt to me." He said. 

Mira trembled as his eyes flared. "I allowed you to breathe far longer than I should have, but I have to say it was well worth the wait." His eerie laughter filled the room as he tapped his cane on the floor.

"Petre?" Mira whispered as her body slowly turned to stone. "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me," She sputtered out as tears flowed down her and Petre's face. In a matter of minutes, there stood a statue of Mira's terror-ridden face. All eyes went to the sobbing man who lay at its feet. His sadness—his heartache was palpable to all those who watched. 

The doors to the side opened and two figures rushed to Petre's side. "Is that—?" Andy whispered. The woman looked at the statue in disbelief before she too was in tears. The man stood stoically before looking at the Queen. "Marius." She nodded. He bowed respectfully. Olujimi tapped his cane again and the statue disappeared. "Petre?" Ahsha called gently.

"I am truly sorry that you and your family ended up mixed up in all of this. I know losing a mate is painful and I'd never wish that upon anyone. However, you have also gained a family if you three want it that." Ahsha said softly. He looked up at her with gut-wrenching eyes. "Take some time to be together and reach out whenever you're ready," She added before turning her attention upward.

"Tyla Rosemarie Torres! You have confessed to committing treason, conspiring against the royal family, and crossing me." Her voice bellowed. "Wait! Just wait." Cairo yelled rushing onto the floor. "Ahsha please?" He begged. "I know what she did was—unforgivable." "She worked with the woman who tried to get rid of your brothers, my mates. Unforgivable is an understatement." She told him.

"Please, Tyla and I have been mated for years. Hurting her will hurt me and I've done nothing but support you and my brothers. She was misguided but she's been a friend to you." He argued. He was right. Cairo was overall a very sweet man who adored his mate and his brothers. It wasn't his fault that his mate made a stupid decision.

"I hear what you're saying, but my issue is that she does not have a valid reason for what she did. And for that, she can't go unpunished." Ahsha said. "I understand that but don't take her from me. Don't kill her, please." "What do you think?" She said looking at her mates, considering they were the ones wrong, and he was their brother. They looked at their little brother and having experienced the loss of a mate they didn't want that for him. "Please?" Cairo pleaded. "Strip her of her immortality, royal titles, and her rank." Malik threw out.

"She is no longer allowed on royal property. She will not be given any protection." Pablo added. "She is to be excommunicated from all rights afforded to her for being the mate of a royal. Also, I want all the money spent on her returned, down to the last cent. I don't care how long it takes this family is not funding the lifestyle of a traitor past, present, or future. And Cairo that money cannot come from you." Ares spoke. Tyla looked at them shocked.

"Are you sure?" Ahsha asked. "We don't want to see our brother hurt or for him to experience the loss of his mate," Malik said. "That would mean I'd have to move out of our home," Cairo said. "Would you prefer I give her the original punishment instead? Because what you're brothers are offering is far kinder than anything I was planning." Ahsha told him. "No." He quickly said.

"Then be grateful," She said looking to Olujimi. "As mentioned you will be excommunicated from the royal family. You will be stripped of your powers, and royal titles, and will spend the rest of your days working to pay back all the money to be used." Olujimi said. 

"Which will take effect after your time in the Vault," Ahsha added. "The Vault? What's the vault?" Tyla called. "Your best friend for the next 5 years," Ahsha said. The vault was similar to the tombs except it was so much worse.  Olujimi smiled amused before bowing.

"Let this week be a warning. Do not mistake my kindness or perceived inexperience as stupidity. I believe in being fair and showing grace, but I can and will withdraw that grace at any time. With that being said thank you all for joining us this week. I hope that our attempt to bridge the gap between us has offered some comfort for you all. My mission was to ensure that we can begin to repair the trust and open up communication. I am here to help make life for all of you better and I cannot do that without your help—,"

"You're already putting more effort in than the last one!" A man called. "You have only been in charge for 2 weeks and have already taken out the trash." A woman yelled. "See what happens when you put a woman in charge!" Another woman called. Ahsha smiled. "Thank you. You all will receive some information later detailing some of the changes I plan to make. Until next time, be safe." She dismissed everyone.

Follow. Like. Comment. Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 123K 60
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
2.8M 62.1K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
3.2M 132K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
653K 33.4K 33
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...