Fantasy Newsletters

By Fantasy

Latest updates and news in the Fantasy profile and other fantastic profiles in Wattpad. Dive in for news from... More

Welcome
December 2023 + January 2024 - Fantasy Newsletter
JANUARY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
FEBRUARY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
MARCH + APRIL 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
MAY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
JUNE 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
AUGUST 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
SEPTEMBER 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
OCTOBER 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
NOVEMBER 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter

JULY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter

127 8 15
By Fantasy

Welcome to the July 2023 edition of the Fantasy newsletter!

Here are the things you can find in this update:
i) Fantasy Profile Updates
ii) TeamFantasy Profiles Updates
iii) Other Fantastical Profiles Updates
iv) News and Other Exciting Things

Reading List
Our Monthly Picks RL has been updated! Check these wonderful stories that caught our fancy here.

All our reading lists have been updated as well. Find your next read in our feature RLs at Fantasy.

Take a look at everything our wonderful #TeamFantasy profiles have to offer:

highfantasy

BOTM

We have a new feature in our Book of the Month initiative! Check out A Neverland Tale - Hooked by SecondStar_Books. For more information, visit this link.

low fantasy

BOTM

During July, we featured our third author sandydragon1 with their book The Taste of Home in our book for Book of the Month. You can read the interview with them here.

Monthly Activities
In June, we hosted the Challenge Flash Fiction #1 in our book Monthly Activities. During July, we announced the winners of the Flash Fiction on our Message Board.

Winners of Flash Fiction #1:
Multitudes by SunflowerSaga
Max: One in a Million by ktflynn
Super Badge: The Legend by MilosNovels

We also updated our Monthly Activities Book in July with the new activity Poetry #1 in which the users can participate from July 2nd to July 31st. You can find the chapter here.

Reading List Updates
A History Unlikely
Hidden Prince by ariwilde
Merlin's Curse by Benhauthor

Fast, Furious and Fantasy
The Circle of the Paw by MichaelSToledano

Dark Days
World's Fate by Katopark

Hearts and Magical Strings
That Year You Were In by Alsyna_Rose
A Taste of Crimson by DefinedBookJunkie

The World Among Us
Turning Tides by laurendoubleu

mythandlegend

Reading List Submissions

We are searching for more stories for our Atlantis and Legends of the Sea RL. If you have a story that meets Wattpad's guidelines and think it would be a good fit for this RL, please submit via our submission form.

Contests
Ever wonder what it's like to live a day as a mortal god? Check out our newest contest, "Immortal Living Mortal". You have until August 31st, 11:59 PM EST to submit your entries! To learn more, visit this link.

Interviews
In July, we had the opportunity to interview the following folks:
Precious_Nkem, the author of "Gods and Queens", "Jezebel", and "Nezzar". Learn more about them here.
SuVida777, the author of "Black Avatare". Check their interview out here.

Live Your Myths Anthology
If you have a story about your culture's mythology and folklore that you'd like to share with other users on Wattpad, check out our submission guidelines here and consider applying!

We've recently shared more folktales from Japanese mythology and a myth from Thai mythology:
Japanese Folktale: The Lucky Cauldron
Thai Myth: The Mermaid Princess

retold

RL Updates

We are currently updating our Remance RL. If you have a story that fits, please submit via the submission form.

Contests
In July, we ran The Curse of the Royal Blood contest, inspired by Arthurian legends. We expect to have results out for the winner(s) mid-August. Thank you to LEC743 for your prompt idea!

This month, we have a new contest called "The Goddess of the Discord Server". In this contest, you get the opportunity to retell with some of your favorite deities from Greek mythology. It will open on August 1 and close on August 31, 11:59 PM EST. Thank you to lavenderandlemonade for your prompt idea! To learn more, visit this link.

Interviews
In July, we featured JJJ000YYY, the author of "The Uninvited Princess". Learn more about them here.

talesofthedeep

Ahoy sailors!

Contest
We'll soon be unfurling our sails for ❝Dead Men Tell No Tales❞. Come aboard right here.

Reading List Feature Opportunities
We're always looking for more seafaring adventures from you. Submit your stories involving sea creatures, beaches, pirates, and more via this form.

WattpadAsianFantasy

Interviews

We featured the following authors in July:
🌸 starisredy, the author of "Lightless Twin Soul". Learn more about them here.

🌸 cjoavg, the author of "Heartbeating Snow" which won Best World in our Immortals' Conquest 2022 Contest. Check out their interview through this link.

Asian Mythology & Folklore Anthology
Need inspiration for writing? We recommend you check out our recent updates to our mythology & folklore anthology, which includes a new detailed and organized table of contents that you can easily navigate! Learn more about this initiative here.

WattpadWitches

Contest

Our contest, Summer Spells, was all about the celebrating Summer Solstice or Litha. From June 21st to July 31st, we have run this contest to gather the writers of Summer. Currently, we are judging the entries so be sure to keep an eye on us if you want to get the updates of the contest!

Question of The Week
Here are the questions of the week we featured in our profile and some of the amazing answers from our community.

What is the meaning of magic to you?
Bhashini - Mystery, potential, possibility

In fiction, what would you like to see more about the witches and wizards?
DammyOludare - I'd like to see more in-depth background of a character ... especially antagonists so I can relate with the character. I believe every character should have proper resolve . That way it will be easier to understand why the characters even do the things that do.

What type of weather sets your writing mood?
Cave_MarieWrites - A good thunder storm rolling over the mountains.
Practically_Charmed - rainy days
DammyOludare - A cool day ....like winter days or rainy days
JaneH08 - Always the cozy, rainy days.
HaylSnow - Grim grey days that have a weird golden glow.
TalleFey - Definitely a rainy day

What would you do in a witching hour?
Practically_Charmed - Traveling to and from the underworld to know hidden secrets and truths
MrzHyde_ - Gather the girls for a night of fun and mischief. Dancing in the nude around a campfire under the stars and moon. Where we would chant our little hearts out. Hex our exes and those who have wronged us.

To see these amazing Questions of the Week, visit this link.

Recent Updates

A new playlist has been added for July-August in our book, Wicked Melodies. Check it out here.

WattpadDarkFantasy

Contest

We have launched the July contest for The Shadow Trials! For more information, visit the contest book, right here.

Interview
We featured two authors for both June and July. Come and meet BlairDarnell and MarcoBaier. Find their interviews right here and here, respectively.

Reading List Feature Opportunities
Our reading lists are always open for new submissions. If you have a dark fantasy story that you must absolutely share with the world, don't hesitate to submit to us. To learn more about our reading lists and how to submit, visit our Profile Guide Book.

mythandlegend

Contests

Stay tuned! We have two fun Myth & Legend specific contests going live on July 1 and August 1 respectively.

Interviews
In August, we look forward to featuring MiyaHikari and Exequinne.

retold

Contests

We will be participating in Shiver Me Timbers 2023. Please look forward to another Title It Gold event in November, more details to come soon!

talesofthedeep

Coming up: Our very own ❝Shiver Me Timbers❞ returns this September. Make sure to follow us to be informed as soon as the announcement drops!

WattpadAsianFantasy

Contests

We have a fun pirate-themed contest coming your way in August to help prepare you for Shiver Me Timbers 2023.

Planning for Shiver Me Timbers 2023 is underway! Join us with talesofthedeep and many other profiles in September and October for an interactive pirate exploration adventure. Available languages: Arabic, Hindi, and English.

WattpadDarkFantasy

The Shadow Trials are going to come back in August with a new set of prompts. Stay tuned!

WattpadWitches

Our next update in the playlist book will be live in September. If you have any song suggestions, you can check out our playlist book and submit your suggestions through the form that is available in the first chapter of our playlist book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 40.4K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
409K 5.5K 28
Emmett loves to be a rebel. He skips school to hang out, drink, and smoke with his two friends when suddenly he and his best friend are cornered and...
22.5K 19 2
Smut as in content +18 so be aware.
42.1K 1.4K 18
18 year old Ymir grew up on the outskirts of a small Romanian village. On her 18th birthday she sought out to run away from home when things haven't...