"My Arrogant Boss". | Kim Tae...

By btssurmise7

"The night of my dream was the beginning of my reality." How can I survive at my workplace when my Boss disli... More

Introduction & Disclaimer
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
EPILOGUE

Chapter 23.

11.7K 604 170
By btssurmise7

Taehyung took his seat near Mr. Bryan while I sat across from the old man. He called for a casual meet up, at his private resort, perhaps to know our company, and its owner, more.

After a while his secretary arrived and sat near me. We passed each other a formal smile.

"I was looking up your previous projects, this one deal made me curious", he paused while I tried to fill the blank but that was a bad decision.

"Mr. Taehyung, your secretary seems too involved. Zab-", the old freak turned to his secretary.
"-show the young lady around, we are talking business and she has no reason to stay", he passed the other man a specific glance which I failed to understand.

Taehyung and I passed each other a look. He looked sorry for me.

I was enraged at the behaviour of this boomer but was unarmed.

Zab led me ahead. The open corridor to the other side of the resort was windy. The January air was cold enough to spike up the little hair on my skin.

"Are you from here?", I shook my head.
"Another city", I specified the name.
"Living with your family?", I shook my head again.
"As a paying guest at a mansion", I didn't mean to mention it but it just slipped off my mouth which I immediately regretted.

"A mansion?", He raised his brows.
"That must cost you a month's salary!", He exclaimed.
"The mansion belonged to my mom's school best friend so I got some discount", I refrained from telling him that my own boss was the co-owner of that mansion.

"Yes, good for a woman to find an acquaintance, the world is horrible", I mentally rolled my eyes at his thoughts.

I suddenly stumbled over something invisible but gladly did not fall flat. Instead, Zab's hand went around a little above my waist. I tried to shrug it away subtly but he did not let go.

"Carefull", he spoke but I had to push him away sensing his fingers snaking further above and held around one of my breasts.

"Move!", I yelled with a face full of furrow.
"The hell you are doing!", I added. He gasped.
"Are you serious! I was helping you out?", He rolled his eyes.
"Did I ask for your help?!", That was disgusting.
"Oh come on - you ain't no different", he released an ugly chuckle.

His eyes moved at my chest making me tighten my jaw.

"I'll take it to your boss", I warned him with my index finger pointing at him but he had the audacity to release a laughter.

"Bold of you to assume he would trust you, a woman. And don't be a trouble to your own company", he slid his hands in the pockets and went away with a smirk.

I felt helpless. I walked a little further and sat over a wide slab counter almost some centimeters raised on the floor.

My hand rested under my chin, the cold breeze blew my hair all over my face.

I wasn't from that crowd who could not stand for themselves but I also didn't want to be a trouble for Taehyung who already was hurt enough by me.

I made a mental note to catch Zab and make him regret what he did.

My phone buzzed flashing Taehyung's name.

"Come to the parking lot", and he hung up.

I reached him but he gave me an annoyed look.

"Which friend did you meet here?", He asked opening the passenger seat's door. I passed him a confused look while I sat.

"Bryan's secretary said that you met someone you knew so you told him to go away", he started driving. I stayed quiet, saying not a word in my defense. He turned silent as well.

We rode back to the office in silence.

...

In the evening I packed a few clothes of mine to go to Jade's place.

"The cook has packed tonight's meal for you two, do not forget to take it with you", Taehyung's mom instructed.

I booked a cab and drove away. I was thinking of talking to Taehyung to let me take care of other things but anything related to Bryan's company because I didn't want to torture myself with those bunch of disgusting men.

But I had to keep it in a way where he couldn't grasp that something is fishy.

I walked inside Jade's house, using the spare key she provided me. She was on a video call with Kyle.

"An intruder in your house", he playfully commented when he saw me coming closer. Jade turned around, greeting me with a smile.

"How are you doing?", Kyle asked.
"Same old same old", I said unenthusiastically and sat on the bed.

"You seem happy", I squinched my eyes.
"Because I didn't have to be around you anymore", he ruffled his hair and grinned.
"That's actually your bad luck", I pointed my finger at the screen.
"Whatever makes you feel better", he said with a straight face. My smile faded which he noticed.

"Anything wrong?", He asked out of concern but I denied with a shake of my head.

"A little tired, you guys talk-", I said and turned to Jade.
"-and Jade when you are done, tell me so I can help you have the food. Taehyung's mom sent you a meal", I spoke and walked to the living room to lay down on the sofa.

The scenario crawled in at the back of my head and I felt disgusted remembering Zeb's touch on me. My fist clenched the cushion as I shut my eyes hoping that I'll forget it.

I was mad at myself because I never felt so helpless in my entire life, ever.

"Let it out, what's wrong?", Jade's voice made me settle down immediately.

"Huh? Nah, told you that I'm tired. Are you done? Should I get you the food?", I asked but she rolled her wheelchair towards me.

"Y/n...... please, what is it? I can sense that there's definitely something wrong, so don't say there isn't anything......", Her voice of concern brought the hint of tears in my eyes but I blinked those away.

I narrated the worst day. She turned silent for a moment.

"Did you tell Boss?", She asked, to which I shook my head.
"I can't Jade.....this is about Taehyung's dream collaboration", I buried my face into my hands.

Jade came ahead to hug me.

"We'll make sure to teach Zeb a lesson, he deserves", I couldn't help but cackle between my sobs.

"Why don't you tell Mr. Bryan?", She suggested.
"I'm not sure.....", I replied.
"Complaining to him directly shouldn't cause this collab any ill effect", she urged and I saw a point.

It wasn't too late in regards to the day hour so I dialed Mr. Bryan although that didn't feel appropriate because he's a CEO.

He picked on the last ring. I introduced myself before beginning, and he gladly remembered me.

"I have something to tell, it's about Zeb.....", I narrated him about the incident. My throat formed a knot which I gulped down and continued speaking.

Unexpectedly, the old man let out a weak laugh.

"Talked like a real woman. Exaggerating the simplest scenarios in their most bizzare form", he said, making my fingers formed into a fist.

"Nonetheless, don't take things too far as it harms a woman more than it harms a man. A young woman like you doesn't want to be a part of any such controversies, am I right?", I abruptly disconnected the call.

I was so infuriated that it flowed all out in the form of tears. Jade tried to calm me down in her best possible way.

"You should discuss this with Boss", I shook my head.
"Let it go..... I'll find a way to handle this", I sighed while wiping my face with the back of my hand.

"I'm a little tired, I'll help you have the meal and then in bed", I suggested. She gave me a reluctant nod.

After the meal and helping Jade in bed, I walked to the other room to sleep.

The way Bryan said all of that I felt as if I was really making a big deal out of it. Maybe Zeb wasn't intended to do that. Or maybe I was trying too hard to make it alright when it was not.

I kept twisting and turning into bed for another hour but my sleep was long lost. I released a sigh and uncovered my face from the blanket.

I was startled to find Taehyung standing there and looking at me. I frowned thinking I was imagining things but the love and concern his eyes seeped made me realize that it was really him.

"Are you crying?", He asked. I looked away and sat back.
"Why would I?", I answered.

I looked at him to question but he was typing something on his phone so I waited.

"Why are you here?", His eyes narrowed at my question.
"Sometimes I ponder what made me fall for you because you are so stubborn and annoying, not the qualities I prefer in my love interest", my forehead formed creases because what made him say that?

Before I could question more, he spoke up.
"Why didn't you tell me about it back in the resort?", My brain immediately started to calculate the possibilities and I immediately knew it was Jade who snitched.

"What about it?", I subtly wandered my gaze.
"Stubborn and annoying", he repeated, making me purse my lips in annoyance.

"I see YOU defining the two words right now", I complained.
"If you can beat them join them", he quoted while sliding his hands in his pockets.

I looked down on my fingers which were resting on my lap.

"I was perhaps overthinking.....", A tear landed on my finger which I rubbed away.

In the next moment, he sat beside me and held me in his embrace. I didn't know I needed that until it was happening. I broke down while he caressed my back.

He kissed my forehead when he broke the hug.

"I have to leave for a while but I'll be back", he promised, kissing the back of my hand. The more I didn't want him to go the less rights I had to hold him back.

After shutting the front door I went to Jade who was pretending to be asleep.

"You snitch, stop pretending", I called out, making her turn. She let out a chuckle.
"You are a chicken so I had to do it and madam I envy how much he loves you", she awed while I brought up a reluctant smile at her oblivion.

"Give me a call when you need my help with something, do not try to do anything on your own", I said strictly.

I would have shared the bed but because I was habitual of moving a lot in bed, I chose to be in the other room.

I looked at the entrance door before entering the other room. My eyes were on the clock because I was waiting for Taehyung although I tried to convince myself that I wasn't sleepy yet.

My eyelids started to droop and I had no idea when I dozed off.

My eyes opened with a jolt because my subconscious was still awake waiting for Taehyung to arrive. My eyes lit up when I saw his figure entering the room.

He looked tired.
"Are you coming from a robbery?", I teased but he shook his face.
"Went for an early morning jog", he said in unconcealed sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes and gave up asking for any further information.

"Why ain't you asleep yet?", His question felt more like a ched.
"I was just going to", I said but he brought his palm forward, I looked at him confused.

"Give me your phone", he instructed.
"Why?", My brows shook hands.

"So you won't be distracted by it, I'll take care of Jade if she'll need something. You drift back to sleep", he said but when I didn't take efforts to give him my phone, he himself walked around the bed and took it.

"You take the other side......", That was my intuitive thought speaking and I let it because I could never.

"I'll set the pillows in between", I added when he did not speak anything.

He released a sigh.
"Pillows ain't the strongest soldier. I don't need the free back pain", His face was deadpan but his eyes ditched it, there intact the amusement dancing within.

This brought back the memories from the business trip when I had to share the bed and my pillow wall scattered and I woke up with my feet on his back and he had back pain throughout the day.

Blood rushed towards my cheek and I hid my face inside the blanket, out of embarrassment.

"You are not funny sir. Sleep wherever it pleases you", I said and eventually fell asleep soon after.

...

When I woke up in the morning Taehyung was gone. Jade informed that he helped her to the wheelchair and then prepared a regular breakfast before he left.

I was missing him already.

When I reached the office, I was informed that Mr. Bryan was arriving so I prepared the necessary props and walked towards the meeting hall.

Taehyung was there alone. Unusual to my sight, he was playing a phone game when mostly he was checking out the slides or the files. I assumed that he was already done checking those so was just killing time, although I highly doubted that.

I took my chair but he gave no heed to my presence.

Soon after, Mr. Bryan's arrival marked the meeting room but Taehyung was nonchalant at the old man's presence. I stood up to respect the work ethics.

"Mr. Taehyung", I tried to take the attention of my lost boss away from his car race but he just sighed when he lost the game.

He lifted his eyes to Mr. Bryan.

"Mr. Kim, you look like you're in a holiday mode", the man laughed his old laugh.
"Then I would have taken a vacation instead", he answered, making Mr. Bryan and me frown.

His face held no amusement rather he looked quite grave when he said that.

Taehyung scanned behind Mr. Bryan's shoulder.

"Zeb isn't here?", He questioned. The other male released a sharp breath.
"Someone attacked him last night, he's moderately injured but hospitalized", I did not feel bad because he deserved worse.

"That's quite sad", Taehyung replied, his tone defeating his words. He did not look sad.

"You called up for an urgent meeting", Bryan reminded Taehyung. I noticed he hadn't told him to sit yet so I did the favour.
"Mr. Bryan please take a seat", but I was interrupted.

"Don't take the effort, I called you to terminate the deal scope. Let's keep it simple, I checked your company's past business deals and its old conservative way of working doesn't sit with me", Bryan released a laugh.

"I don't think you are in your right senses Mr. Kim", the old man proceeded.
"Congrats for finding out, there's the exit", my jaw dropped. I was bewildered at his behaviour and composure towards the person he admired.

I subtly brought my hand over Taehyung's shoulder. He passed me a quick look and stood up to leave the hall.

Mr. Bryan stormed towards the office's exit as well.

My forehead creased. I shut my eyes and everything was processed.

I knocked at Taehyung's cabin before entering.

"What was all this?", I asked in a low tone but he kept quiet. His face was towards the glass/transparent wall of his cabin making his back facing me.

"Was that you.....who did all of that to Zeb?", he did not turn. I could see a vague reflection of him over the glass, if my vision wasn't deceiving me then I certainly saw the corner of his lips raised.

He turned at me, his straight face on.

"So you assume I'm going around the city to fight anyone doing you any harm? Who do you think I am? A mob?", He shook his head in disbelief.

"We don't have that kind of relationship Ms. Y/n", my vision shifted from him when he spoke those words.

"And you managed to arrive at Jade's doorstep late at night after hearing the news. We don't have that kind of relationship Mr. Kim", I was hurt at his ignorance.

"And you took the decision of not making an alliance with Mr. Bryan -", he interrupted.
"It's not because of you. You are not that important. Our relationship ended when I refused to break the deal with The Collins and you wanted that, didn't you? If you were that important then I could have done that as well, there and then", he lowered his tone when it gradually started to rise.

"Your friend is more important to you than our relationship was. Likewise, my company is more important. But I'm not digging the grave because you apologized and we have moved on.....", He scanned my eyes while my vision was blurred.

"I have", he corrected.

"I wasn't interested in Bryan and his company", he added, pressing the keys of the keyboard.

"Get back to work", I already turned before he said that.

I better should have stopped expecting that we could ever get back.

______________________________________

I take the oath that I'm going to complete this story till the end of August, 2023.

🕴️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 143 23
Are high-class gentlemen's clubs even legal let alone holding a bachelor's party in one? Taehyung would never know. He was a sought-after bachelor wh...
320K 17.4K 27
"Ow.. Why did you throw a blanket at me, Idiot!" "Didn't you just say you were cold, dumbass?!" Some fluffy Jikook right here~ ©fullofrhymes Complete...
139K 7K 24
[College! au] "Well, I'm in my bed. And you're in yours. One of us is in the wrong place." "Yeah, and it's you, that's not in the trash yet." If ther...
2.5M 141K 37
«Kim Taehyung helps your boyfriend cheat» au «"You shouldn't be with him!" Taehyung says, chest heaving from screams. "Then who should I be with?" Y...