Arknights: When Hunters Meet...

Oleh Tarsanov95

The end came and went for humanity of old. An uncontrollable spark that quickly raged out of control. Tacet w... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1 - An Ode of Life and Death
Chapter 2 - Of the Weary and the Dead
Chapter 3 - Of Life on Terra
Chapter 4 - Glimpses and the Shadow of a Red Death
Chapter 5 - The Grey Hunter - Projekt Red Route
Chapter 6 - Anomalous Processing
Chapter 7 - New Operator
Chapter 8 - Mission Incident
Chapter 9 - After Action Report
Chapter 10 - The Duality of Lupos
Chapter 11 - Retributioner
Chapter 12 - Dead Man's Gambit
Chapter 13 - Late Night Dinner
Chapter 14 - Landship Days
Chapter 16 - Northern Expedition Part 1 - Projekt Red Route
Chapter 17 - Northern Expedition Part 2 - Projekt Red Route
Chapter 18 - Passion and Blade Matching - Projekt Red Route
Chapter 19 - Reseeking of the Solace - Projekt Red Route
Chapter 20 - A Meeting of Wolves - Projekt Red Route
Chapter 21 - In The Wolf's Den - Projekt Red Route
Chapter 22 - Bonding of Lone Wolves - Projekt Red Route
Chapter 23 - Wolves on Mount Siesta - Projekt Red Route
Chapter 24 - Indomitable Will's - Projekt Red Route

Chapter 15 - An Unexpected Turn - Projekt Red Route

238 11 2
Oleh Tarsanov95

I was heading to doctor Kal'tsit's office late one the morning for my appointment with her. I knocked on the door, yet there was no response. Strange. Time was 10:59. My appointment was at 11:00. I knocked again with no response.

-''Doctor Kal'tsit?'' I asked through the door.

Yet all this time I could hear no response coming forth. Usually she would respond with ''come in''. She was meticulous when it came to arranging her schedule and her meetings.

-I'm coming in doctor.

The door was unlocked to my surprise. She would always close it if she wasn't present. Inside there was no one but Projekt Red standing in a corner. I was a bit surprised and suspicious of this situation I have to admit.

-Excuse me Red, I had an appointment with Doctor Kal'tsit at this hour.
-She is not here.
-That I can see.

Then silence as we stared at each other.

-Where are you going?
-Getting myself a cup of cappuccino from her coffee machine. It will be least she will permit while waiting for her.
-You should leave.
-''Maybe you should leave instead?'' I said as I was already preparing my drink from the coffee apparatus.
-''I'm different.'' Red said.
-''We are all different Red.'' I said as I finished my drink and tasted it.

Perfect blend. I sat on the small couch in her room and placed my cup on the table besides. I then waited. Projekt Red had turned around with my every move and continued to have me under her gaze.

-''Is there a problem?'' I asked.
-I don't trust you here.
-Why?

She didn't answer.

-Do you suspect I may shuffle through her confidential files? That I will look maybe for weaknesses to bring Rhodes Island down? To sell you out to your enemies? Or perhaps leave a deadly little trick behind me for her to find?

What was I doing? I was trying to poke her reactions and see where it would get. But against my expectations she suddenly landed hard onto me on the couch. Knife ready at my throat!

-''You will harm nobody.'' She said, cold, simple and to the point.

I was surprised. But that was all that she would do. Keep me under close and deadly surveillance. Of course this special assassin under Kal'tsit's direct supervision would guard her office. I knew that from the beginning. I only played with fire for some reason. And I chuckled visibly. Red seamed a bit unsure at my reaction, someone else in my place would have shown fear or even dread.

-''Oh Red. You should really stop being so gullible. You need to show restraint when someone is poking for your reactions.'' I said sincerely.

The position we were in was an awkward one to say the least. She was sitting with her legs spread on my lap, pinning me, and we were face to face. I could admire her bright yellow eyes and her beautiful and ever so deadly serious face. She lowered her knife, putting it back in her jacket and was preparing to scoot off of me when I quickly caught her attention. Deep inside wanting to prolong this moment with my deadly would be killer.

-Red.
-''Hmm?'' She looked at me with light curiosity in her eyes.
-Could I touch your ears? They look soft and fluffy.

She looked indecisive if maybe with a bit of hidden surprise. But I felt her muscles relaxing again, stopping from getting off of me.

-Hmm, you may.

She said as she pulled the hoody off her head. And she looked intimidating this grey wolf upon me. I slowly raised my hands, putting my left one on her right shoulder and using my right to caresses her head and the base of her ear, making my way slowly up and down. She seamed content to let me feel as I did.

-''They are very soft.'' I said though she didn't respond nor made any expressive suggestion to have read any kind of emotion.

On me at this moment was one of the deadliest lupo girls that ever were. Reminiscent of the monsters of the past. Yet she was not that nor did I see her as one. She was a fierce lupo, but I saw a disarming beauty in her. The warmth of her body on my own mellowed me strangely. Her yellow eyes looked at me coldly. Maybe as a potential prey, a possible adversary, perhaps something else. Yet they were Godly to me. I was fascinated, observing her every sharp and beautiful feature and feeling her animal shapes. I felt as if I was falling for something I shouldn't and a thought passed through my head. I long studied in the past the biology of my enemies. I knew the configuration of their ears and wondered how she would react if I gently caressed on her more sensitive parts. At this point Red was developing a bit of a blush on her cheeks. Slowly I shifted my fingers and carefully caressed a spot inside her ear. Suddenly a sharp loud moan escaped her breath.

-Aaaah~!

Her palms suddenly gripped my shoulders with force.

-I'm sorry Red. Did I hurt you?

-''N...no...'' She said as her body suddenly shifted to another kind of tension. She now seamed unfocused, overwhelmed almost with these stimuli I gave her.

-''Nyuuugh~!'' She gave another long and sharp moan as I continued to caress both her ears this time.

-Aaah~... T-Tacet...

She spoke as she tried to keep her eyes open. Trying to resist squirming so visibly. She couldn't continue her sentence and I wondered if she wanted me to stop. Yet I took care not to overdo it, nor to overwhelm her. I continued to caress her head and her ears, alternating only now and then to her sensitive spots. I could feel this deadly lupo melt slowly in my arms as her bodily tension was dissolving, relaxing her. Giving in to laying more and more onto me freely. She already let give her chest onto mine, barely hanging her head straight now.

Her eyes were mesmerising in this state I thought. Her head started to give in more and more as it lowered towards mine. Her breaths were deep and somewhat excited. Was this lupo that nearly killed me becoming truly comfortable with me? I wondered to myself. Yet as much as I was enjoying her warmth and mellowed embrace I couldn't see myself taking advantage of her. I stopped. She was now leaning her head against mines. I lowered my left hand from her ear to her cheek while my right one remained wrapped around her. We were so close. She opened her eyes and looked at me, unsure and vulnerable. Suddenly. The door barged open.

---A few minutes before just outside said office, Kal'tsit's point of view---

''That meeting took way too long. Sometimes it seems that problems just gather instead of being solved.'' I thought as I was walking along with Blaze and Gavial, all heading towards my office.

-Sigh.

For once, I wish something of importance would go right. Ah, I am late for the appointment with Tacet, and I left the door open with Red still there. I hope nothing bad happened between those two. Just as I was about to clasp the handle to my office I had heard it.

-Aaaah~!

I stopped dead in my tracks. My mind was a blur of theories and calculations to what that could possibly be. But... it couldn't be the obvious now... could it?

-''Kal'tsit? Shouldn't we go in?'' Asked Gavial curious.

My lynx ears sharpened to hear further.

-Aaah~...T-Tacet...

I heard, and it was all the confirmation I ever needed. And I was sure that my companions heard everything as well.

-To the auxiliary conference room nearby.
-''Like Hell I will if I don't find out who are the smug bastards that are doing it raunchy in your personal office!!!'' Exclaimed Blaze as she busted the door open!

And to her and Gavial's satisfaction they caught Projekt Red laying close and intimately onto Tacet, though mercifully they were still clothed.

-''Whoaaa!'' Exclaimed Blaze before I hit her head with the thick file I had been holding under my armpit. God damn her stupidity and curiosity.
-''Well, this is surprising.'' Said Gavial with a smug look on her.

I said nothing as it all unfolded. I let both of them go as he passed by me, holding Red like some sort of tamed prize. It was better that way. We would have it sorted later, and I needed a cup of coffee to soothe my nerves.

---Back to Tacet's point of view---

Neither me nor Red looked back. We were as if still in a trance of focus towards each other. I knew there was the possibility of being caught like this. And true to it, it has happened.

-''Tacet.'' I heard Red whisper into my ear.

-Hmm?

-''I... I can't move my legs... please, don't let them see me like this.'' She spoke low and pleadingly.

Her legs... they must have become numb from the lack of blood flow thanks to the awkward position with which she has been laying on me. I couldn't let them see her numb nor could I let this situation become even more awkward by having a dazzled Red stumble on the floor like a used up doll.

-''Hold onto me.'' I whispered as I grasped her thighs and raised myself while holding her onto me. I walked towards the exit.
-''I'm sorry doctor Kal'tsit, we will have to postpone the meeting today.'' I said nonchalantly.
-''Really Tacet? You out of all?'' Asked Gavial.
-''We all make mistakes in the heat of passion.'' I said.
-''Bold bastard! And what was your mistake?'' Asked Blaze.
-Not locking the door.

I passed by them, walking with no further comments or anyone stopping us. However, the timing of this was worse than I thought. It was near lunchtime and the corridors were packed with operators on their way or another. I heard many an audible gasp and more than enough whispers along with a shower of glances and stares. The whole of Rhodes Island would know of this before the damn sun went down. Along the way many a lupo girl were bewildered or impressed that I was carrying my bane. Yet I could not flinch. I kept calm and collected. I could not show any emotion to entertain anyone's fantasy. I walked away in a dignified manner while holding Red. For her part as I later saw she was blushing greatly and looking downwards, avoiding everyone's gaze. I continued to only hold her by her thighs instead of the bottom. And held her a level above my crotch in order to avoid the worst of fantasies that other operators could conjure. Yet that didn't stop scandalous whispers from emerging here and there. At least I minimized them as much as I could. For her part Projekt Red was leaning against me and holding her arms wrapped around to help me better carry her.

-Is that Tacet, really?
-Is Red sick?
-Didn't she nearly killed him?! Why is he carrying her?
-Did they fight again? Doesn't look like it, she's holding onto him.
-Is this what I think it is?
-Tacet is playing with fire. Out of all the lupo's he's raising her flags up?
-Are they together or something?!
-She's blushing, and she's holding onto him. Are they really together now? When did this happen!?
-Oh Hell it's that Red wolf! Get me out of here! Wait, what the...

I left the most crowded sections and arrived at an outdoor terrace of the landship. I sat Projekt Red on the bench there and remained on my knee for a moment in front of her.

-Are you alright Red? I'm sorry I've put you through that.

At that moment I must confess I was a little bit uneasy. For at that time I actually expected for her to try to kill me, or at the least to throw me off the landship from that terrace. Yet she only looked at me, still blushing and out of her element. Eventually she relented an answer.

-I am fine.

I rose up then and sat besides her on the bench. Enjoying the view of the sky and the far out mountains in silence with her.

-''It was my fault. I nearly assaulted you again, you just...'' She trailed without finishing.

I think we had different understandings of that verb because for me, it was an assault!

-Your legs probably gave out because you cut your blood flow with that awkward position.
-I didn't do anything for revenge nor pay back. I really just wanted to feel your ears Red.
-''Did you like it?'' Asked Red while not looking at me.
-''Yes. They were more soft and fluffy than I thought.'' I said lightened and with a smile.
-''Hmh.'' Said Red as she looked at me. Now back in control of her emotions.
-You can leave Red if you want.
-I'll stay with you until you recover, just to make sure.
-Make sure of what?
-That you'll be safe.
-... Thank you.

Once she regained function of her legs and rose up I was pleasantly surprised that she wouldn't kill me for sure. We both departed with a nod. I decided to have some lunch at a popular and well visited diner. If I cooped up back in my room it would only inflame the gossip going around. If they saw me alone minding my business it would help dispel some rumours. All damage control of course. Later that day I was summoned back to Kal'tsit's office.

-Mistakes in the heat of passion, operator Tacet?
-It was not what it looked like doctor.

I said with a straight face though I knew the proverbial shit was smeared through the fan and well splattered all over the room now.

-Really. Then enlighten me. How did you two ended up in that... position?

I remained silent for a moment. Trying to think of a way to explain it that wouldn't put the blame on Red but neither on me.

-I am waiting.
-Sigh. I asked Red if I could touch her ears. She let me and I massaged them a bit too well for her liking.

Kal'tsit raised an eyebrow at me now.

-She came onto your lap like that to let you touch her ears?
-No, she jumped onto me.

We stared at each other not saying anything. Technically all I said was the honest truth. Just trimmed and barebone of any details.

-Tell me honestly. Is there a problem between you two? Is there something I should be aware of?
-No. It was just chance that we ended up in that less than an ideal position at the wrong time.
-''And in the wrong place.'' Added Kal'tsit.
-Yes...
-Tacet.
-Yes doctor?
-Details.
-It was an awkward situation that makes the simple explanation behind it sound just like that, too simple, yet it is.
-There is no conflict or enmity between me and her, doctor Kal'tsit. But I am willing to take full responsibility for the incident. She has no fault. It was me that asked to touch her ears.
-Please consider giving me any punishment if you deem it necessary and spare her.
-There is no enmity, that I get very well, especially from what I saw, and heard. Is there something else perhaps between you two?

I felt like I was heating up, and my heart rate went up a bit as well.

-No, there isn't. I said honestly.

Whatever my mess of feelings were they were mine alone and unshared.

-She told me you sat with her until she regained her strength.

I said nothing at this.

-''Thank you for taking care of her. For now there will be no reprimands. I advise you not to be so easily affected by lupo charms from now on.'' She said with many implications attached to that sentence. But I digressed, Red was the one who fell to the charms of what my hands could do.

I felt unusually restless that night as Red's image kept appearing in my mind. I rose up in the middle of the night and went to the balcony to soothe my thoughts with a wind of fresh air and a cup of ceylon black tea, sprinkled with whiskey. It was a full moon, and I thought I heard faintly a howl coming from somewhere.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

398K 43.6K 59
WATTY 2019 WINNER Hale, a state of the art android, can do nearly anything a human can. He cooks meals, cleans and organizes the house, repairs broke...
Kace Oleh Luwi_01

Manusia Serigala

23.4K 805 55
[COMPLETE] "Stop, please!" she begged me not to hit her boyfriend again. "Please." I looked down at her as she looked at me pleadingly. Her hand was...
182K 5.7K 81
His hands cold, his eyes dark holding something that no one knows. A dark aura on him that makes people stay away. He's a loner, everyone avoids him...
90.7K 3.8K 46
Years of hard work landed you the crème de la crème lifestyle a doctor within the Walls could ever dream of - a career in Wall Sina. Unfortunately, t...