I KNOW PLACES | George Russell

By piastrisversion

Ariella Irwin, the sister of the 5 seconds of Summer drummer, Ashton Irwin, has been racing for most of her l... More

Cast + introduction
1. Formal greetings
Formal greetings - instagram
2. Lunch
3. the man
4. Qualifying
Qualifying - Socials
5. the euphoric feeling
6. Bahrain GP
7. permanent marker
8. La La Land
La La Land - socials
9. Mario Kart
Mario Kart - instagram
10. "those walls aren't very thick"
11. an unfamiliar feeling
12. the band is back
13. pretend
14. burning red
15. 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 - instagram
16. cake batter ice cream
17. if walls could talk
18. Goldfish
19. not quite blue, not entirely green
20. little black dress
21. we know she isnt your girlfriend
22. guilt
23. talk fast, romance
24. turned into your worst fears
25. Lando
26. the string of beads
27. tightrope
28. red flag
29. california
30. flowers
31. girl at home
32. loves a fragile little flame
33. something happens when everybody finds out
34. grieving for the living
35. truth
37. holiday
38. natural talent
epilogue

36. right where we left off

1K 27 12
By piastrisversion

Belgium
Friday

Ariella's pov

Max was very happy for me when I told him I'm going to Mercedes. But even when I told him, I wasn't entirely sure if the decision. I still had my doubts, I didn't want to just up and leave him he had been a great teammate to me since the beginning of the season.

It took me a whole day but I've decided, I'm going to take the seat. Even if they're not doing too good this year, next year is another chance, and I fully believe it's the best choice for me mentally. Sure, winning feels good but if my team principal is depleting my off-track happiness, then leaving that situation would be best.

As I walk into the Mercedes hospitality to give Toto my answer, George happens to be walking out of it. He gives me a smile, but it's not enough to hide the sadness and longing hidden behind those green eyes.

He deserves an explanation. I never gave him a proper one, I was too afraid for reasons I can't explain. I just left without a warning sign. And in his eyes, without a proper reason either.

I smile back, an almost apologetic smile. I hope he catches the apology, I hope he knows I never wanted to hurt him.

I knock on the door of Toto's office, a bored sounding 'come in' sounding from behind it. When I walk in he glances up at me, then looks back down at his papers, before he seems to realize it's me and looks up again.

A smile forms on his formerly bored expression. "Ariella!" He cheers as he stands up, gesturing to the same chair I sat in before. He waits until I sit down to sit back down himself. "So?" He asks, anticipating my answer. A glimmer in his eyes hoping it's a yes.

"I've decided I want to take your offer." My smile widens, the thought causes me tremendous happiness. "That's great to hear!Susie will be so excited." his pupils dilate dramatically at the mention of his wife's name. "We'll get a contract made up for you. Do you care when we make this public?" I find the question to be very considerate and admire how he seems to really care about his drivers.

I shake my head. "Anytime after Lewis announces his retirement." I shrug and he nods understandingly. "Of course, thank you." He reaches a hand across the table for a handshake, which I take gratefully.

"No, thank you." A few chuckles escape the both of us and I leave the office space, letting him get back to his papers.

Coincidentally, Lewis walks by the office as I'm leaving it. "You finally do it?" He asks with a small smile. I nod happily. "Thank you again." I turn to him, he holds a hand up at the thanks. "Don't thank me. It's not like I bribed him. Your skills are what got you that seat." He compliments, causing me to become flustered, my cheeks tinted in a light shade of pink.

I don't know if the red cheeks are a result of the compliment or because of who's complimenting me but he ignores it anyway, thankfully.

If only five year old me could see herself now. She actually might have fainted at Lewis Hamilton complimenting her.

Silence falls between the two of us for a moment, walking side by side out the motorhome and into the paddock.

"Do you know which hotel room George is staying in?" I pierce the silence with my question. Lewis smirks, knowingly. "Yeah I'll text you." He says before breaking off in a different direction as I enter the Red Bull motorhome.

-☆-

I take a deep breath before knocking on the door. It takes a moment for him to answer, but when he does he's shirtless. I want to laugh about his usual appearance but I can't seem to make it happen, the nerves too powerful to show any sign of happiness.

At first he looks tired out, but when he realizes it's me, his face changes to a look of shock, which he quickly tries to cover up. "Ariella." He speaks out with a breath, the shock he's tried to hide comes through in his voice.

"Can I come in?" He hesitates for a moment, but ultimately gives in, moving aside so I could walk into the room. I sit myself down on the end of his bed. "I'm sorry." I start out. He leans against the desk in front of me and I pick at my fingernails to avoid his gaze.

"I never gave you a proper explanation. I just left. You didn't deserve that. I'm so sorry. Please know none of it was your fault." I speak quickly, trying to get all my words out at once.

He pulls out the desk chair and sits on it, our legs touch when he brings it closer. One of his hands lands on one of my knees, his thumb rubbing circles over the bare skin comfortingly.  "You're okay. There's no rush to get your words out." He gives me a gentle smile as he soothes me with his words.

Despite everything I put him through, he's still being so soft with me. I don't deserve it, I don't deserve him.

I take a deep breath. "I had a meeting with Christian during the Silverstone weekend. He said he knew about us and said if I didn't break up with you..." it takes me a moment to get the next part out, but he doesn't rush me and stays silent waiting for me to continue. "he said he would replace me. And I couldn't bring myself to lose everything I've been working my entire life towards, so I chose the easy way out instead of trying to fight it."

I can't meet his eyes. Instead mine are focused on the way his thumb brushes back and forth on my bare skin. "I get it." He speaks finally after making sure my rant was completely over. 

He uses a single finger to lift my chin back to his eyes. "I just wish you would've told me sooner." His eyes are soft and understanding when I look into them. Guilt tells me to move away from his touch, but I ignore the voice and instead find comfort in the touch.

"I know, and I'm sorry I didn't. I just thought you wouldn't believe me or something." I shake my head, realizing just how stupid the confession sounds. "I would've believed you no matter what you said, love. I'll always believe you." Love the word kills me ten times over. It's a word I have no right hearing from his lips if it's directed at me.

"And besides, I had the same meeting with Toto and Christian about not getting romantically involved with you. And after Christian left Toto told me he doesn't care what I do with my love life." He explains, which makes me feel stupid because I was told this information in the first place. Well only the first part, not the second part.

"Can we start over? Try again?" I ask hopefully. I didn't want to lose him in the first place, and now that I know I can keep him I want to try again.

He shakes his head and my heart sinks all the way down, six feet under.

"Fuck starting over, I want to pick up right where we left off." He jokes before moving my chin down to meet with his lips. I instantly respond, kissing back and the familiar feeling of his lips feels like home to me.

The kiss that started off slow and sweet quickly turns into a fast and heated make out session. The change caused by the both of us missing one another's touch. One of his hands moves to the small of my back, pulling me closer to him so that I'm sat on his lap in the chair, straddling him.

He hums against my lips before pulling away. "What about your seat?" He questions, his concern about my career makes me flustered. I smile, knowing how he's going to react when hearing the news. "I'm going to be your teammate next year." His eyes widen before he kisses me again, just as hungrily as it was before.

His lips trail down to my jaw, a hand of mine entangles itself into his hair. His lips move to sucking all around my neck, leaving red marks across the skin.

A shaky breath escapes me when he kisses a certain spot on my neck. It develops into a low groan of his name and a tug of his hair, to which he responds with mumbles. "God, I love you." It's muttered against the skin, his hot breath fanning across the surface.

He uses his hands to start rolling my hips against him, the motion causing much needed friction for the both of us.

My hands travel down his exposed chest. He stops his attack on my neck to observe the motion, looking up at me with lust and love once my hands reach his waist line of his pants.

"Are you sure about this?" He asks and I nod out in confirmation. "I need words, love." He jokes with a smirk. "Yes. please." It's a breathy whisper. He chuckles at the desperation.

(1496 words)
☆———————————————————☆
A/N - BYE NO OKAY THERE WAS AN ATTEMPT MADE AT WORD PORN BUT I JUST CANT ITS SO CORNY I CANT WRITE IT SO THEREFORE YOU WILL ALL BE ROBBED I APOLOGIZE EVEN THAT LITTLE BIT WAS HARD TO WRITE IM SORRY FORGIVE PLS‼️‼️‼️‼️

also I fear the end of this story is near☹️

CHARLES BACK ON THE PODIUM OMG
but other than that I don't want to talk about todays race.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 8.9K 63
My name is Sophie, Sophie Irwin I am the younger sister of Ashton Irwin yes the drum player from 5 seconds if summer. Well my life is tough but you w...
22.3K 569 46
**UNDER EDITING** Life wasnt easy being a rising superstars sister. Lia Mills barely ever got to see her older brother Jake. But one day, Jake comes...
8.3K 320 47
Peyton is kinda ashton Irwins sister.Yes Irwin as in drummer for 5sos.They weren't actually related but ashton always introduced her as his sister, s...
24.1K 519 26
Ashton Irwin is my brother, he's in a band called 5 seconds of summer, have you heard of them? My name is Eva, Eva Irwin, I'm 14! I love my brother...