No Shit, Sherlock

Oleh WhelmedGrayson

Twenty-three year old (Y/n) (L/n) is an intelligent and well respected woman and an incredible poet with a we... Lebih Banyak

London
Enola?
Silly Drunken Man
The Police Chase
Emotionless
I Always Do
Don't Be Ridiculous
No Shit, Sherlock
The Musical Map
Corsets Save Lives
The Ending
Author's Note
Reviews!
➳𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒯𝓌𝑜
The Theater & the Rude Brother
The Missing Cabbages
Tea With Tewkesbury
Sherlock To The Rescue
The Imaginary Son
Snooping Sherlock
Not According To Plan
not an update !
The Rescue
A Miserable Day
Can We Stay Like This?
Dinner With Watson
Unrequited Love
Acknowledge Me
The Handsome Stranger
Lonely
I've Got You
Detective (L/n)
I'll Behave
Nervous
Ravenous
Busted
Mycroft's Acceptance
The Fitted Blouse
The Blond Man
Safer When I'm With You
Jealousy, Jealousy
Diamonds and Pearls
Sherlock Punches A Sexist
Catch Me If You Can
Sibling Drama
I Am A Lady
Vampire
➳𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
Young Love
Purple Is Your Color
Moving On
A Walk In The Park
Family Outing
Murder At the Theater
But We're Lords
Weird Looks
Kindred Spirits
Weapons and...Weddings?
Throat Punch
(Timbury's Version)
Our First Trip
Kitchen Counter
I'm All Yours
I'll Kiss Your Tears Away
Mrs. Holmes
Happily Ever After
My Final Note
Bonus (1/2)
Bonus (2/2)

Family Dinner

14.6K 561 512
Oleh WhelmedGrayson

It's been a week since we caught the man. I expected to return back home the next day, but Sherlock insisted on me spending another night. Which then led to me spending another week there.

"Sherlock, I've got to go home at some point."

He follows me into the office building, "You shouldn't be left alone."

I walk up the stairs, rolling my eyes as he mumbles something under his breath. He stops me from entering the office, his blue eyes staring at me intently.

"I just want to make sure you're safe."

I push the door open, "Enola, your brother is holding me ransom."

I look up to see an unfamiliar woman talking to Enola. She has wild, curly hair, and a beautiful smile. Sherlock stops behind me, staring at the woman as well. She sets down the magnifying glass she was holding and looks at Sherlock.

"Well, you've certainly grown since the last time I saw you," she says, holding her arms out.

Sherlock glares at her, "What are you doing here?"

She drops her arms, a sad smile replacing the grin she had before. I watch her curiously. Enola seems happy to see her, but Sherlock is tense.

"I have a message for, (Y/n)."

I look at the woman in confusion, "From who?"

"Your mother. She's gone into hiding now, but she wanted to let you know that she is safe. Although, she may not be back for a long while."

I sigh, "She says I'm the reckless one, yet she's the one hiding."

"How do you know her mother?" Sherlock asks.

"She's part of my feminist group. I didn't know her daughter was friends with mine, though. I've heard that you two are magnificent detectives."

She's Eudoria Holmes. The mother of my best friend, boyfriend, and their incredibly stupid older brother. What are the odds?

Eudoria looks between Sherlock and I, staring at his arm that's wrapped around my waist. He pulls away when he notices her staring, and I step back from him.

"Oh my God," she mutters.

Her face lights up as she laughs, "I never thought I'd live to see the day that my son Sherlock finally finds a woman."

"Especially one that wears trousers," she adds.

"I've got work to do."

Sherlock nods at me and opens the door, but Eudoria's voice stops him. "I expect to see you at our family dinner tonight."

She smiles at me, "And I expect to see you there as well, (Y/n)."

Oh, this is going to be a very awkward dinner.

Sherlock nods, "We can all meet here then."

He doesn't wait for a reply before leaving. I turn back to the two women and smile awkwardly. Eudoria sits in the chair in front of Enola's desk, running her fingers through her curly hair.

"It'll be fine, mother," Enola says.

~~°°••°°~~

Enola, Eudoria, and I stand outside the building. Waiting for Mycroft and Sherlock. I spent most of the day talking to Eudoria, and we surprisingly have much more in common than I would've thought. Enola seemed very happy that the two of us got along, I can tell that she really looks up to her mother.

"Bloody hell," Mycroft says as him and Sherlock walk up.

I smirk, "Did you miss me, Mycroft?"

"You look horrible," he replies.

I roll my eyes, "Yet I'm still better looking than you."

"Mycroft Holmes! Where are your manners?"

The man sighs, "Let's get this over with."

"Where is your boyfriend, Enola?" Eudoria asks.

"He said he'll meet us at the restaurant."

Eudoria nods, "We better start heading over there now."

I let the family walk ahead of me, slowly distancing myself as Mycroft and Enola argue. Eudoria bickers with them, giving them both light slaps on the back of their heads. I smile to myself, not noticing that Sherlock is now walking next to me.

"Why are you walking so far behind?"

I shrug, "I thought I should give you guys some privacy."

He grabs my hand. "I'd much rather be with you."

I swing our hands back and forth, laughing as he rolls his eyes.

"You're ridiculous."

I swalk on my tippy toes, trying to make myself taller. "I may be ridiculous, but you are monotonous."

"Try not to act like a child," Mycroft says.

I look back to see that the three of them are stopped in front of a building, along with Tewkesbury. Sherlock lets go of my hand, "That's enough, Mycroft."

I follow the family inside, Tewkesbury stays by me, a nervous look on his face. The restaurant is empty. I'm sure Eudoria had planned it this way to avoid being caught. I sit next to Sherlock while Enola and Tewkesbury sit across from us. Mycroft sits at the head of the table, in between Tewkesbury and Sherlock. And Eudoria sits at the opposite end, in between Enola and I.

I fiddle with my hands nervously, my gaze staying on the table in front of me. Eudoria clears her throat, gaining everyone's attention.

"It makes me happy being able to sit here with my kids and their beautiful partners."

Mycroft scoffs, "Get on with it, Eudoria. Why are you here? Do you need more money?"

"I came here to deliver a message and to see my kids. Now you will sit here and enjoy this meal. I don't want to hear one more negative thing out of your mouth, Mycroft."

I take a sip of my tea, trying not to laugh at Mycroft's annoyance. It's nice to know that their family is just as dysfunctional as mine.

Eudoria turns to Sherlock, "Speaking of beautiful partners, you really are lucky, Sherlock. (Y/n) is an amazing woman. Although I am shocked that the two of you are together. You've never been an affectionate man."

Sherlock's jaw clenches, but he doesn't respond. I look back at Eudoria to see that she's still staring at him. This is why I hate family dinners. They never end well.

"I'm the lucky one. Sherlock is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me," I reply.

He looks down at me, a soft smile on his face. Eudoria claps her hands together, "How sweet! I'm sure your mother will be delighted to know that you've found a man. She was always telling me that she feared no man would ever be able to handle you."

Well, that's embarrassing.

"I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's likely the two of them will break things off before the year ends," says Mycroft.

"Mycroft," Eudoria says, glaring at the man.

He scoffs, that vein in his forehead begins to bulge. "I should've stayed home."

"Would've saved everyone from a miserable night," I mutter.

Mycroft didn't like that. No, he very much hated it.

"Tell your whore to keep her mouth shut!" Mycroft yells at Sherlock.

Sherlock stands up, his chair falling backward in the process. "Don't speak another word about her, Mycroft!"

"Unbelievable," Mycroft mutters.

Waiters bring out various plates of food, watching us as they awkwardly set the plates down. Eudoria snaps her fingers, "You both better sit down right now."

The two brothers sit down, still glaring at each other. My head hangs low, "I am terribly sorry for the way I acted."

Eudoria smiles, "You're not the one who should be apologizing."

~~°°••°°~~

We eat in silence. But once Eudoria is done eating, she breaks the silence.
"I've never seen you show that much emotion, Sherlock."

Sherlock grips his cup so tight that it shatters. Tewkesbury looks at me, the two of us sharing a concerned glance. Blood begins to drip to the table, I quickly leave the room to find the waiters. I'm sure they have clean towels somewhere.

As I'm walking back to the others, I hear Eudoria speak again, "There's no need to get so upset, Sherlock. I'm just shocked to see you care about someone, other than yourself and Enola."

I walk back over to Sherlock and wrap his bleeding hand with the towel. He pulls his hand away from me and I frown.

"Tewkesbury and I are going to a ball tomorrow," says Enola.

Eudoria smiles, "A ball? I didn't think you'd ever go to one."

"I've been to one before, with (Y/n)."

I smirk, "Yes, and it ended with the two of us in jail."

"That was a fun night," Enola says with a laugh.

"Yes, it was. Although I didn't go to the prison like you."

She smiles, "No, because Sherlock rescued you, like always."

"Ah, yes. My charming knight in shining armor," I respond.

"Sounds like you two have had many adventures," says Eudoria.

Tewkesbury sighs, "You have no idea. I swear at least one of them has a near death experience every week."

"Sometimes two if we're lucky," I add.

Eudoria laughs, "I'm glad you all have found each other."

"I am too," I reply.

"We need to get home now," Sherlock says.

He stands up, the towel is still wrapped around his hand tightly. I stand up as well and Eudoria pulls me into a hug.

"It was lovely meeting you. I hope we can meet again sometime soon."

She pulls away and reaches for Sherlock who steps away. His mother frowns but doesn't move closer, "I'll see you next time Sherlock. Don't work too hard."

He nods in response and walks outside. I wave goodbye to everyone and follow him. Once the door shuts behind me, he begins to walk. I have to jog to catch up to him.

"Sherlock?"

He doesn't answer. His eyes are focused on the road ahead. He's too deep in his thoughts to hear me. I grab his arm and pull him to a stop. "What's wrong?"

"You deserve better."

I shake my head, "What do you mean?"

"You deserve someone that's loving. Not someone who is cold and emotionless like myself," he replies.

Where is this even coming from?

"You're the only one I want, Sherlock."

I wrap my arms around his neck, he gives me a sad look, and my heart clenches. I pull him into a kiss, not even caring that we're in public. I just hope the kiss will convey the love I have for him.

He pulls away, "I'm scared that you'll leave me for a better man. A man that will give you love that isn't cold or unruly."

"Your love is cold and unruly but I can't resist it. You're the only one I want to love me, because you are the only one I love."

I hold his injured hand, "I love you, Sherlock Holmes. I truly do, and it breaks my heart to know that you think I don't."

"I should probably write that down."

He wraps an arm around me and the two of us start walking back to his apartment. Sharing quick kisses along the way. When we get inside the apartment John greets us.

"How was the family dinner?"

"Sherlock shattered a glass, and his brother called me a whore."

John's smile drops, "So I'm guessing it didn't go well?"

"Went as well as I expected," Sherlock says, washing the dried blood off his hand.

He dries his hands, "And (Y/n) will continue staying with us."

"Great, but let's keep her out of the kitchen. We don't need her starting another fire."

I shake my head, "I didn't agree to stay."

"Your mother isn't coming back home."

"So? I can live on my own."

He sighs, "Will you at least stay here for another week?"

"Fine. But then I'm moving back home."

John smiles, "I do enjoy you staying here. You keep things interesting, and not so depressing."

"This place wouldn't be so depressing if you two would decorate. I've seen funeral homes look more lively."

Sherlock chuckles, "I don't think the word 'lively' should be used to describe a funeral home."

Author's Note: Sorry for another late update! I hope you are all doing well. Thanks again for continuing to love and support this story. ♡

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

6.5K 82 30
Lilli Wilson is Enola Holmes best friend. They met through Sherlock and Lilli's older brother who were also best friends. When Enola's brother tries...
124K 2.2K 41
Veronica SaintClair is a girl that wants to explore the world and go on adventures. Unfortunately her Father doesn't approve of such life and believe...
283K 6.7K 13
Mycroft Holmes, my eldest brother. Sherlock Holmes, my favourite brother. Enola Holmes, my spirited sister. And me, Adeline Holmes. One year older th...
4.1K 62 10
/𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒎𝒆𝒔 & 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒈𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒕/ 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒈𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒕, a twenty-five-year-old woman dedicated to invention. Although it woul...