WE ARE ALIVE NOW

By Hazazel7

A life without love or purpose is a world without a name. One year after saving the world yet again, Naruto U... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
FINAL CHAPTER: WE ARE ALIVE NOW.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

4 0 0
By Hazazel7

The victory the Uzumaki and Uchiha for some seconds, had come to believe they'd achieved, came to nought. Nought that is. Destruction. For as the giant spectral winged avatar of Sasuke Uchiha, cascaded through the exosphere the fulmination up at orbit, violently broke down like a collapsing star.

And it's convergence of energy, takes advantage of the Susano-o chakra in the fulmination, bringing them together into a huge yellow-purple hued destructive sphere of swirling energy; it's size being half of the moon.

Not hidden from their astounded gaze, the destructive sphere shot down into the exosphere like a shooting star.

" Come on! Give it a rest will ya " said Naruto. " It's closing in... "

Drawing closer to them, Susano-o recovered from it's descent and dodges to the left as if evading a bullet.

" It's unto us " Naruto says as the destructive sphere curves in mid air.

The Susano-o flaps it's wing's, unleashing a strong pressure of wind, the spectral warrior rockets back into orbit. As much as the Uchiha wanted to put an end to the destructive ball, he couldn't come up with any idea in that moment as the sphere followed closesly and dangerously behind them as the Susano-o flew off into space.

" Any ideas Naruto? " asked the Uchiha, " give me a second " replied the Jinchuriki.

" Why don't you employ your original plan, " suggested the fox, ' use the truth seeking balls? But that won't hold for long '

" Then make use of the Uchiha's abilities, " the fox said suggestively.

Having a clear and acute understanding of what Kurama was suggesting, Naruto turns his gaze forward. Naruto realizes they'd already flown past the moon, causing his brain cells to go into overdrive, he enhances his sight and his eyes glowed even brighter.

A few minute passed, and Sasuke began to grow impatient as the Susano-o flew across space without a definite goal in mind. Naruto noticed a frown mar the Uchiha's beautiful face, and though finding it comical, he could not bring himself to laugh.

" Hey Sasuke, we are in need of immense alacrity, so I need you to amp things up, " says Naruto sternly, " go on "

" We need to guide this exasperating gadfly of a problem into Mars, then we must seal it up with a– " " planetary devastation "

" Six paths, to be exact " said Naruto, " you might as well not be idle and assist " said Sasuke, " oh, I'm planning on that ".

The Susano-o increases in celerity, as it raced through space with a pair of massive chakra wings. As the Susano-o journeyed through outer space, at a great celerity; the giant avatar began to approach a hoard of meteorites sluggishly moving towards it.

" Sasuke? ", " don't you nag " retorts the rinnegan and eternal mangekyo Sharingan eyed Uchiha.

Sasuke manuevers through the hoard of meteorites, and escapes in seconds, unscathed with the Susano-o celerity unhindered, not too surprising, the destructive sphere manuevers as well, despite it's massive form.

" Sheesh so relentless " said Naruto.

After several minutes, the Susano-o plunges into Mars, and soon after flares up with fiery energy, mirroring a shooting star; through the red planet's sky, the Susano-o journeyed towards the north polar cap.

Closing in, Naruto observed and discovers the dry ice within the region, had begun to sublimate, a discovery which brought a smile to his face.

" Sasuke, I need you to dro– "...

Naruto was unable to complete his sentence, before the destructive sphere which he had stopped monitoring for some seconds to observe the sublimating dry ice in the atmosphere, make an impact upon the Susano-o.

The sphere engulf the Susano-o, whilst they plummet into the planet, till they landed with a loud explosive crash, which forms a crater big enough to be observable from Earth's east region.

Slowly, the explosion began to subside, as Mars dust and smoke began to form in it's place. Within the massive smoke, Naruto and Sasuke were trying to get up, a task they found to be extremely difficult due to the high pitched tinnitus in their ears, causing blood to sip out of their ears and trail down the sides of their face.

Forsaking feet, Naruto and Sasuke decided to crawl towards each other, without certainty of each others locations. They clawed at the ground, pulling their bodies forward as it slowly recovers from the tinnitus.

After several difficult minutes, they found one another, however,

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! ", they both cried out simultaneously in horror of their discovery.

A pair of black looked back at a pair of luminous blue, but their gazes were of horror, as neither was where they should be.

" Wa– why. Are. You. Over. There " Naruto voiced in fear and concern, at a pair of eyes that belonged to him.

" Why are you over there? " Sasuke replied staring at a pair of black that belonged to him.

Overcome'd with fear, the Uchiha without his body, and the Uzumaki without his body had their minds thrown into chaos, as various emotions bombarded them.

Before their fear could turn into a cause of crying, Kurama's golden-white chakra emancipates from Naruto's body, which Naruto's soul no longer inhabited and manifest as a humanoid fox avatar.

Kurama set his hind legs down upon Mars surface, staring down in concern and astonishment at the two, Naruto tilts his head slowly to look up at the fox with dark irises consumed with worry.

" Kurama, why are you coming from over there– no, I can't feel you, Kurama, why can't I feel you " Naruto asked as his eyes well up with tears.

" Give us an answer, yo-u d... damn f... " Sasuke's eyelids becomes heavy, till he couldn't keep them open and he fell into a deep slumber.

Kurama checked, and confirmed Naruto had also suffered the same fate, and fallen unconscious.

" No, this cannot be happening " said Kurama as he picked Naruto(Sasuke) and Sasuke(Naruto) up with his tails.

Wrapping his tails around the two, Kurama looks up before taking off with a Sonic wave into the clouds of Mars. . .

- AT THAT SAME HOUR -

Mei Terumi being on her way out of her private abode, sees a toad retracting his tongue after dropping a scroll in front of the house. First time witnessing a toad dropping a scroll off, Mei Terumi's heart began to speed up at the thoughts of what could be written within that scroll.

As she bends down to pick up the scroll, the horizontal eyed toad disappears into smoke through the reverse summoning. Mei Terumi regardless of the startling disappearance of the toad, picked up the scroll and withdrew back into the house.

Mei Terumi drew a chair back, and sit down facing the table. She stared at the purple scroll in her hand.

" After all this time, " she mumbles.

Mei Terumi took in slow and steady breaths, to calm her nerves, once she's felt her heart come back down to even beats, she opened up the scroll.

Written in Kanji, Mei Terumi began to read the content of the scroll,

[ Greetings to my stunning Kage, I still hope you are healthy and doing well... I hope you're not too worried about my delay in sending you word, which I am now confident to know you read.

After dealing with the life threatening situation, I had to recuperate and thus couldn't write. But now I am all better, and one or two days away from Konoha: I managed to convince Sasuke to let us take the trip back on foot, which has been refreshing. It is during this trip I write this to you, missing you dearly.

I'll be coming to you soon, a few days in Konoha and you will surely see me at your doorstep. I hope when we meet again, I would have become worthy of your precious heart.

PS: Thank you for having taken thought of this fool. ]

Mei Terumi lays the scroll down unto the table, whilst her hands gripped at it tightly. The heartbeat she had calmed down to even beats, had begun to rampage. And she couldn't reign it in, because she didn't want to.

" You keep having it your way... No more, this game ends now " she says.

Mei Terumi rose up, and walked to the cabinet with the scroll in hand, going down on one knee. She opens the book cabinet, and carefully folds the new scroll to a close before putting it among the rest.

She closes the cabinet, and turns to go to the bedroom. Coming back out; Mei Terumi had changed into a blue cotton hakama pants with a silver high heeled sandals. For her upper body, Mei Terumi wore a fishnet undershirt and a blue long sleeved cotton jacket that was zipped a few centimeters below the top.

Mei Terumi ties her hair up into a pony tail, as she exited the house and the entrance seals off behind her, being resolute Mei Terumi returns to the Mizukage residence...

The fifth Mizukage walking through the broad passageway, which would lead her to her office, turns first to the office Chojuro was occupying. Mei Terumi opens the door, and found the blue haired to be lost cleaning Hiramekarei.

" Chojuro, my office. Now! " she says, raising her voice slightly.

Mei Terumi left the blue haired to wake up from his fascinating task; the Mizukage made her way into her office and quickly approached a short pole, on which she had her Kage hat hung.

Mei Terumi places her hand upon the heart, exhaling, as Chojuro enters her office through the opened door.

" Gather a few elite, we are departing for Konohagakure tonight " she informs.

Taken aback, Chojuro could not help himself from asking, " why? ".

Mei Terumi looks back at Chojuro with a stern expression, and the blue haired immediately realized he had spoken without thinking. So he decided to rephrase.

" Wouldn't this be an unofficial visit? It could become problematic, " He says, " there is someone I must see. And I am certain, the Hokage will be willing to let my unofficial visit slide ".

' This is partly his fault anyway ' thought Mei Terumi.

Chojuro grasping, who the Mizukage was referring to, decided to understand and go along with it.

" This is the only selfish decision I've ever seen you make, concerning yourself since serving under you, " said Chojuro. " Are you disappointed? " Mei Terumi asked.

Chojuro shook his head with a small smile, " I'm glad you're finally doing this. It's been long enough, since he left, " " indeed it has " said Mei. . .

" Hey boss, don't you think what we did is risky. What if it doesn't work. "

" What is this, do you doubt our invention? ", " nah. But what if Naruto decided to save his own skin, I mean I didn't even get to observe him ".

" That was just courtesy, you do not need to see the nine tails Jinchuriki to know he's still going to play hero. His heroic and soft nature, is why the cognitive soul bomb will work. He will not watch his village get destroyed. "

" Well if that is the case, why do you doubt his intentions? ", " because I will not have him become like Madara Uchiha. Had that Uchiha brat been executed, I would not be forced to think in such a decisive way. But Sasuke Uchiha lives, and now the nine tails Jinchuriki is involved with the fifth Mizukage. "

" I guess that can be pretty dangerous. But. What if the boy is just trying to expand his range of possibilities when it comes to women, "

" Uzumaki Naruto can be a fool, but he his a decisive brat. There is no precedence to what he his driving at, plus his death is not what I am after. I am not so cruel, but I need to nip this in the bud before my doubts become a reality "

" With his soul gone from his body, the nine tails will go on a rampage. ", " yes you are getting it now. With the nine tails on the loose, we can capitalize and none would be the wiser in knowing we are behind it "...

[Thud, Thud, Thud]

" Lord Raikage, " " yes. Come in, Cee ".

Thank you for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 849 17
Naruto Uzumaki is known to be the most helpful and supportive guy at Konoha High. He has high standards of looking up to people and always see the go...
124K 4.4K 19
A lonely girl without friends, but with a dream that could change her life forever. What will she do, when her wish becomes true?
289K 14.1K 41
She called it madness. He called it love. ©jongindreams-™2016
7.4K 127 70
Naruto and Hinata are best friends..but an accident takes place which makes them fall for love..lets go than