His Sweet Revenge

By imiswrites

Grayson Wallace is out for revenge. As the son of a well known serial killer, Grayson has a reputation that... More

Playlist.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
*Bonus Chapter* Chapter 50.

Chapter 36.

3.6K 92 16
By imiswrites

"I look like I'm wearing a garbage bag," Iris groans, standing in front of the full-length mirror in the fitting room.

We're on our second stop at another boutique. This one is on the town's edge and has a lot more options to pick from.

"How does it look so good on you?" She huffs with her gaze pointed at Maya, who indeed looks very nice.

Maya shrugs, turning her attention back to her phone.

"Okay, Aunt Macy, I know you said that you want us to all wear the same dresses, but could we maybe compromise-"

"-No," Mom says, cutting her off. "Keep looking, gorgeous. We have lots of time."

Grandma walks in with another handful of dresses we try on, and Iris dislikes every single one. Not a surprise. Shopping with her is my waking nightmare.

It's almost noon, and everyone is hungry, so we decide to stop at Olive Garden for lunch.

On the way back to the van, I text Grayson.

Layla: We're heading to Olive Garden now.

His text back comes through as I take my seat.

Grayson: I assume that means no luck on a bridesmaid's dress?

Layla: Not yet. With Iris as our approver, it could honestly take years.

Grayson: Hah. Good luck. I'll see you in Olive Garden.

Layla: ???

Grayson: Kade is hungry. Don't worry. I'll keep a reasonable distance.

Layla: Please, don't.

Grayson: You missing me already, Hands?

Layla: Yes.

I lock my screen and slip my phone into my pocket. When I turn to look at Iris, she's smiling, typing away on her phone too.

"Baker?" I ask.

She nods. "He said every single dress I sent him looked amazing."

"Because it did. Everything looks good on you."

She tilts her head, her smile growing. "My little cousin is so kind."

I laugh and shake my head.

The waiter greets us inside the restaurant and asks how many we are before seating us at a big table. The six of us sit down and peruse our menus.

From across the restaurant, I see Grayson and Kade walk in. Kade looks like his usual self, flashing me his smile. Grayson has a cap over his head, so I can't see his face very well.

The same waitress seats them down in a booth on the other side of the restaurant. My phone buzzes in my lap.

Grayson: Hi.

I silently laugh.

Layla: Hey.

Grayson: Restroom?

I can't help but feel the butterflies in my stomach. I watch him get up and walk away toward a hallway before he's out of my line of vision.

"I'm going to use the restroom. I'll be back," I say to the table.

"Don't you want to order?" Mom asks me.

I slide my menu to the middle of the table. "Just order me whatever. I don't mind."

I follow Grayson to the hallway he just went through. The lights are dim here, and there are three doors, a women's restroom, a men's restroom, and another door, which I assume must be a closet of some sort.

I walk down the hall until a hand grips my arm, pulling me into what looks like a supply closet.

"Hey, Lay-Lay," Grayson smiles, his hands finding my waist and pulling me closer. He's not wearing his hat anymore, and his hair is slightly messy.

"Hi, Gray," I smile back, placing my hands on his chest.

I feel the wall press into my back as Grayson places his soft lips on mine. I kiss him back teasingly and pull away. He groans.

"I hope you're not cashing in those minutes right now because once you use them, you're done for the day."

He looks down at me with narrow eyes and a smile. "Really? You're gonna cut me off?"

"Oh yeah," I nod. "Better use them wisely."

He pushes his cheek out with his tongue before laughing. "I know a few ways I can use them wisely."

I almost feel dizzy because he's pressing me against him in a way that I can feel him everywhere.

Then his face comes down to my neck, inhaling me before placing his lips against my skin. "You looked so fucking beautiful in that dress," he whispers before he kisses me there. "I wanted to see you in all of them."

My hands travel to his shoulders, then around his neck. And before I know it, a familiar ache spreads through me, attaching itself to every fiber in my body. One I haven't felt in a long time. 

Like a desperate need. A need I'm afraid only Grayson Wallace can fulfill.

My heart rate picks up, and breathlessness fills in as Grayson's kisses travel lower over my small cherry blossom pendant, trailing a line down my chest to the neckline of my shirt. My eyes close, and my arms tighten around him.

"Grayson, we're in Olive Garden," I say breathless.

"Tell me to stop," he whispers, out of breath himself. "Please, I'm begging you."

But I don't want to.

"Stop."

He groans against me. "Can you say it like you mean it?"

I laugh slightly. "Gray, stop, or you'll run out of minutes."

He stops and stands straight. His cheeks are slightly pink, and I kiss him, loving how his soft lips feel moving against mine.

Then I reluctantly pull away. "To be continued."

He pulls his hands away from me and takes a step back. "You better go." He clears his throat. "I'm gonna need a minute."

I chuckle, leaving him alone in the supply closet.

When I return to our table, everyone has ordered, and the food should arrive soon.

We all eat, laugh, and talk. It's nice to be spending time with everyone today. We don't get to do this very often.

"All right," Mom says, clapping her hands together. "I have one more boutique we can check out, and I have a feeling you'll like something there, Iris. And if not, we can check out that fancy one in that mall you guys like. Sound like a plan?"

Aunt Leah quickly nods. "Sounds like a plan." Then she turns to my mom. "By the way, you so owe me drinks tonight for all this."

Mom laughs, placing the bill on the table. We all get up and thank the waitress on our way out. Kade is still chowing down his food as we're about to walk past. Shit.

"Kade?" Mom starts.

Grayson has his head down with his cap back on.

"Oh, Macy, hi! How are you doing?" Then he turns to me with a look. "Hey, Layla."

"Mom, we should really go before the actual lunch rush kicks in—"

"Layla told me she invited you to the wedding. I hope you can make it."

Kade nods, sipping his drink. "Yeah. That was kind of her. I wouldn't miss it."

"Well, that's great to hear," she smiles, then her attention turns to Grayson. "Grayson?"

Shit.

He looks up. "Hey. Macy."

"Where have you been? Hale has been calling you endlessly?" I notice the slight anger slipping into her tone.

"From what I remember, he's the one who told me to leave."

"So that means you don't answer his calls?"

"We should go wait in the car," Grandma says to everyone. Aunt Leah and Aunt Caroline nod, and we walk toward the exit.

My eyes meet Grayson's as I follow everyone.

Kade drops money on the table and follows me. "I'll let them talk," he says once he's beside me.

"Not a bad idea. Sorry, you guys got your cover blown."

Kade stops outside the restaurant, tucking his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "Don't be sorry. I hope you know you're my friend, and I'll do everything I can with Grayson to keep you safe."

I smile slightly. "Thanks, Kade. That means a lot."

He messes up my hair, and I push his arm away. "You make him happy, Layla. Like really happy."

My chest warms at Kade's words. "He makes me happy too."

"Go easy on him, okay? He's fragile. And he cares about you so much."

"I care about him too, Kade."

He nods, crossing his arms. "I know you do."

Mom walks out of the restaurant. "Let's get going, Layla."

"See you later," I say to Kade. Grayson walks out after my mom. She's already halfway to the car.

I give him a small wave. He gives one back to me. Then I hustle back to the van.

— — —

"I think this is the one," Iris says excitedly as she hands me her phone. "Take a picture. I'm going to send it to Baker."

Iris stands there in the beautiful A-line, floor-length, chiffon dress. I quickly snap a picture as she stands there posing.

I pull out my phone and hand it to her. She smiles knowingly.

"Maya?" Aunt Caroline asks. "Do you like it?"

Maya looks at herself in the mirror with big eyes. "I love it."

"Yes!" Aunt Leah exclaims. "We can finally go home."

"Pose for him, Layla," Iris says quietly, making me turn back to her. "He'll love it."

I pop a hand on my hip and smile. "How's this?"

She shakes her head. "No. Just be yourself."

I let my arms loose and tuck them into the pockets of the dress, put one leg slightly forward, exposing the skin of my leg from the slit, and genuinely smile.

"That's it."

Then she hands me back my phone.

I look at the picture. It seems good enough. I send it to Grayson and type out a text.

Layla: What do you think?

Grayson: God.

Grayson: I feel like you're doing this on purpose now.

I laugh, a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

Layla: I think this is the one. Iris says so.

Grayson: It better fucking be. I'll be pissed if I don't get to see you in that.

Grayson: Or take it off of you.

The blush intensifies, my face heating up.

Layla: You're evil.

Grayson: You like it.

I do.

I set my phone back down, and we all change again for what feels like the hundredth time today.

The three of us walk out of the boutique with our new dresses in our hands as the moms, and Grandma, follow behind. 

"Grandpa, Uncle Jack, Uncle Dom, and Hale are all cooking us a nice big dinner," Grandma says.

Suddenly Mom is beside me. "I invited Grayson. And Kade. I hope that's okay?"

I'm surprised by that, but I try to hide it. "Yeah, that's fine. That was nice of you."

She smiles. "Well, I know Hale misses him as much as he doesn't want to admit it. Maybe this will give them a chance to talk it out."

"Yeah," I nod. She slips into the front passenger seat, and I head to the back again, pulling my phone out of my jeans.

Layla: Are you coming for dinner?

I wait for a while. We're almost home by the time Grayson texts me back.

Grayson: Yeah. It's kind of hard to say no to Macy.

Layla: The Langley women are very persuasive.

Layla: But seriously, I'm glad you're coming.

Grayson: Don't get too excited. You still owe me those minutes from what I can remember.

Layla: Ah. That's right—more torture to endure.

Grayson: Yeah? We'll see about that.

Aunt Leah pulls the van onto Uncle Jack's driveway, and we all jump out, tired, exhausted, and ready to relax and eat dinner.

Just before slipping into the house, I see Grayson's car pull in next door and smile to myself.

He makes me really happy.

-

(I love this chapter <3 And I hope you like it too ;) Enjoy!! And seriously, thank you so much for 13K reads!!! I hope everyone reading is enjoying it, and I love to hear your comments or any feedback! Happy reading, and remember to vote! Thank you!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.6K 21
Emily Grayson is a senior in high school. She is not your typical shy nerdy teenager. She is a smart mouth outgoing teen who is just about having a...
17.8M 427K 65
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐭...
8 0 15
*synopsis* After a disappointing relationship, Layla is convinced true love doesn't exist and that she will never find it. But when her best friends...
13.5K 413 19
She didn't want to get close, but that was too bad because closer was all he wanted to get. ☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆ So deeply intertwined in the sorrows of h...