Drarry- It Was All Just a Gam...

By Write_me227

When Draco comes up with an idea to mess with Harry during the Triwizard Tournament, will he be the one who w... More

Before you get started (OG)...
Prologue
Chapter 1- The Idea
Chapter 2- The Plan
Chapter 3- The Encounter
Chapter 4- The Hints
Chapter 5- The Task
Chapter 6- The First Date
Chapter 7- Falling for the Slytherin
Chapter 8- The Yule Ball
Chapter 9- Detention
Chapter 10- The Second Task
Chapter 11- The Real First Date
Chapter 12- Hiding
Chapter 13- Roller Coaster
Chapter 14- The Final Task
Chapter 15- This Isn't Goodbye
Chapter 16- The Rest of the Year
Chapter 17- Missing Him
Chapter 18- Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 19- Dolores Umbridge and the Missed Date
Chapter 20- The Dreams
Chapter 21- Quidditch
Chapter 22- Dreamless Sleep
Chapter 23- Why is it So Hard
Chapter 24- The Bet
Chapter 25- The Unexpected Kiss
Chapter 26- Finding Out
Chapter 27- The One Year Anniversary
Chapter 28- Occlumency
Chapter 29- You or Nothing Else
Chapter 30- Caught
Chapter 31-A Sleepover
Chapter 32- The Library
Chapter 33- To Feel Safe
Chapter 34- Draco's Birthday
Chapter 35- Hiding His Heart
Chapter 36- Liquid Luck
Chapter 37- Coward
Chapter 38- The Misson
Chapter 39- Slipping Away
Chapter 40- Our Last Paradise
Chapter 41- Mad
Chapter 42- The Truth Behind the Sleeve
Chapter 43- Cope
Chapter 44- Hope Shattered
Chapter 45- Death
Chapter 46- The Long and Boring Adventures of 7th Year
Chapter 47- Malfoy Manor
Chapter 48- War
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 50- The Morning After
Chapter 51- A Blooming Idea
Chapter 52- Stolen
Chapter 53- Burn
Chapter 54- The Trial
Chapter 55- The Breakdown
Chapter 56- Backwards
Chapter 57- The Professor
Chapter 58- ...Friends?
Chapter 59- Best Friends, Never Lovers
Chapter 60- And It All Came Crashing Down
Chapter 61- The Hospital Wing
Chapter 62- The Fight
Chapter 63- The Ball
Chapter 64- A Sour Goodbye
AUTHOR'S NOTE (65)
Chapter 66- A Rose
Chapter 67- Together at Last
Chapter 68- The Other Party
Chapter 69- Pure Evidence
Chapter 70- Detention With the Devil
Chapter 71- The Show
Chapter 72- The Gryffindorks
Chapter 73- Christmas
Chapter 74- A Morning's Disturbance
Chapter 75- The Interview
Chapter 76- Promises
Epilogue

Chapter 65- The Aftermath

89.9K 1.8K 32.7K
By Write_me227

When Harry woke, he found his cheek up against black silk, a distant scent of French cologne and vanilla soap lingering throughout his nose and he furrowed his eyebrows. It reminded him of Draco, so he refused to open his eyes to find it gone. With a grunt, he buried his face deeper into what he didn't know was Draco's thigh, and he wrapped his arms around his pointy knee as if it was his stuffed snake.

Suddenly he heard a small huff and a hand found its way to caress the skin and hair behind Harry's ear. "Good to see you're finally awake, lazy arse. You've kept me waiting for days," A soft voice came, and as a result, Harry opened his eyes. A chill went down his spine, and his heart skipped too many beats to count. He forgot to breathe at the sight of Draco's beautiful, beautiful eyes.

Harry tensed and he finally remembered to breathe with a sharp intake. He opened his mouth and tried talking, attempted to sit up but Draco pushed him back down gently. "Shh," he whispered. "Relax. It's okay. Relax."

"Draco," Harry's voice cracked, and his eyes stung.

"Just breathe. Everything is okay. You're okay. We're okay."

"I'm dreaming," Harry shook his head, "I have to be dreaming."

"You're not. I promise," Draco stroked his hair tenderly. "You don't remember what happened?"

Harry reached his hand up to touch his cheek, "This isn't real. It can't be." He sat up, and this time, Draco let him, in fact, he let Harry do a lot of things. He let him touch him wherever he wanted. Harry felt along his arms, and he scrunched up the sleeve of Draco's pajamas, running his fingers along his Dark Mark. Then, he looked up to Draco's neck, and he fingered the top button of his nightshirt.

When he released the button he saw the sparkle of Draco's necklace, and he hooked his index finger around it. It was warm. Draco had been wearing it long. Draco eyed him as he did so, a shy hint of a smile on his lips.

Harry cleared his shirt much quickly after that, almost ripping apart the buttons. Spreading it, Harry caught glimpse of Draco's scars, and his throat began to burn. "Whenever I have dreams, you never have these," he choked as he dragged his fingers along them, "even in my nightmares."

"What about my Dark Mark," Draco asked quietly.

But Harry didn't want to answer that. "Why...How? Do... D-do you remember me?"

"H-Harry," Draco said all too emotionally. He knew Harry had been asking himself that question every single day for the past few months.

"Do you? Or are you here because we ended up hooking up and you were too guilty to leave me here alone like the night of the ball?"

"You really don't remember what happened?"

"Just answer the question," Harry croaked with bared teeth, his heart boiling.

"Yes, Harry. Yes, I remember you," Draco looked into his eyes honestly, and proud.

"Where did we want to go when we planned to run away together?"

"America. And we wanted to move from state to state each year so that we wouldn't be found."

Harry swallowed hard, and his hand shook as he placed it to Draco's cheek. His eyebrows furrowed and he found himself searching Draco's eyes too thoroughly. "Where did we have our first kiss?"

"Harry. Relax, I remember you!" He'd heard it too many times in his nightmares.

"ANSWER ME," he shouted as if he was staring into the brink of insanity. He grabbed both sides of Draco's face, holding him tense. "Please answer me."

"Which one? You kissed me in the transfiguration classroom as revenge, and then I kissed you in the hallway hiding from-"

That was enough for Harry, and he threw himself at Draco, wrapping his arms so tightly around him, Draco couldn't breathe. He was on his back and he enclosed Harry in his embrace with a smile.

"Oh my God," he cried into his shoulder, and Draco kissed his neck softly.

"Shhh," Draco whispered, "Relax. This is exactly why I made you take the potion. It's going to be overwhelming."

"It's you?"

"Yes, Harry. It's me."

"How did we get here," he mumbled in his shoulder.

"You tried erasing your memory and I caught you right before it all happened and then we came here so we could be alone together."

"Really," Harry sat back on him, Draco's stomach being crushed.

"Really," Draco strained. "I promise."

"Oh, yeah," Harry furrowed his eyebrows, and suddenly a pit in his stomach turned over, "I remember now. You drugged me with a sleeping potion."

"I didn't want you to freak out. It was a hard enough night, you had. No need for you to have a mental breakdown or something."

"Right, because I haven't had enough of those recently!"

"Harry. You looked sick," Draco said firmly, "You still do now. Merlin knows the last time you've eaten!"

"I told you, I had chocolate the night of the ball," Harry bit. Suddenly, he felt rage and anger and hate. Fuck, Draco hurt him, it hurt looking at him, seeing him after everything. What if Draco was faking? What if he didn't remember him completely, or didn't even forget him to begin with? What if him remembering was only temporary?

That thought ripped apart anything that had come back together again. A new fear came.

"You and I both know that's not enough," Draco reached up and touched his sides. "I can see your ribs again."

"Don't touch me," Harry grabbed his hands and took them off of him, and Harry climbed off.

"Okay," Draco whispered, sitting up. "Relax. You're probably just hungry, and you can't think properly on an empty stomach. I have food for you."

"I'm not hungry," Harry swallowed.

"Don't care."

"Really, I'm not."

"Then what are you? Are you thirsty at all?"

"I...," Harry looked down, "I'm... sad."

"You're sad I remembered you?"

"No! I'm not, but... Fuck! I don't know what I am! I'm not sad, but I'm sure as hell not happy! And I'm definitely not hungry. And I'm scared and lost and confused and-"

"Hey, you, relax," Draco swallowed down his temper, "We don't need to know yet. You just woke up. We're going to get you some food, and-"

"But I'm not hungry," Harry's eyes flicked up to Draco's, and danger cowered within them.

"It's your favorite," Draco tried to stay calm for him. He knew it was going to be hard, and awkward and difficult for Harry. Who knew what he was feeling? "Eggs, bacon, I have some pumpkin juice and lots of toast."

"But-"

"Harry," Draco snapped, and he stood up, going towards the front of the room, where Harry's old clothes sat in a pile, and a plate of food sat under a heating charm. He also had various potions just in case. "I can get hot chocolate if you want," he said carefully, and he grabbed the plate and took it with him where he sat back in front of Harry.

"When did you get this?"

"When you were sleeping."

"How long have I-"

"A few days. It's Tuesday," Draco said softly.

"Tuesday?!"

"Yes, Tuesday. You know, the day succeeding Monday... the day before Wednesday," Draco started, but Harry stared off into the distance in deep thought. "It's the third day of the week, although probably in your little head it's the second day because you think that the beginning of the week starts at Monday when really it starts at Sunday. Same concept with time. You think the beginning of the day starts at seven in the morning when really it's at midnight-"

"I know what Tuesday is! And I bloody know how to tell time," Harry snapped while Draco placed the tray down in front of him.

"Sure you do," Draco rolled his eyes. "Just like you know how to brew a simple draught of Alihotsy properly."

"You realize we have classes, right," Harry said, "We have responsibilities that we have to attend to and-"

"Stupid Pumblechook is not my biggest concern right now, and neither should he be yours. You are sick, and I am here to take care of you."

"I'm not sick!"

"Harry you were in the hospital for a week. You have clinical depression, anxiety, and post traumatic stress disorder, and I understand that me losing my memory after the war did not help but-"

Harry cut him off. "Wait, how do you know what I have?"

"I was there, remember?"

"When?"

"I'm the one that carried you to the hospital wing," Draco said lightly, as if he was happy about it. Actually, he was. He wasn't happy about Harry's health or anything, but carrying him to the hospital made his heart feel all warm and fuzzy. "Are you sure you didn't lose a little bit of your memory before I got you?"

"Draco, that's not funny."

"I'm not joking, it's a genuine question." He put his hands up in the air. "Eat."

"I'm not hungry," Harry bit.

"Eat. I'll feed you if you want."

"I said I'm not hungry. I kind of... my stomach hurts a little bit. What was in that potion you drugged me with?"

"I didn't drug you! And besides, when I drugged you I made sure everything was safe and I double checked it with Madam Pomphrey that it was just a powerful sleeping potion. And I read your file to make sure that you were safe."

"When?"

"I'm not answering any more questions until you eat."

"Damn you," Harry snapped nastily. His hands were shaking.

"Eat!"

"I'm not hungry!" Harry shoved his food from him.

"Okay, fine if you want to play it this way," Draco snapped. He kneeled in Harry's face, and grabbed Harry's chin. He looked him dead in the eye. "You're going to eat, or I'm going take this food, and shove it down your throat."

Harry saw red. He didn't want Draco touching him. He didn't want Draco looking at him, or breathing the same air. Out of brutal, uncontrollable anger, he slapped him.

Draco doubled over and grasped his cheek, letting go of Harry involuntarily. "Ouch! I get that you're angry, but Merlin, Harry! Calm down!"

"You want me to calm down?"

"That's what I just said," he bit, and he rubbed his cheek. "Yes!"

"How the hell am I supposed to calm down?"

"Figure it out!"

Harry scoffed. "Right! God damn it! You have no idea how this feels!"

Draco swallowed, and relaxed. He sat down across from him, in fact a little farther away. "No," he said softly. "I don't know how you feel right now. It's bloody hard to figure it out! Hell, you probably don't even know what you're feeling."

"I know what I'm feeling!"

Draco raised an eyebrow.

"... I...I know what I'm feeling, damn it!" Harry didn't have any idea. How could he?

"Alright then, tell me, and I'll comfort you."

"I don't need your stupid comfort!"

"Okay, so, anger. There's one," Draco said. Harry groaned and combed his hands through his hair, staring at him with dark eyes. "Oh and frustration! There's another," he teased him.

"Damn it, I was done with you! I was," Harry stood up on his feet, pacing, "I decided I didn't care anymore! I was so bloody close to getting you out of my life, again, and then here you are, again, like some fucking lost dog that no one wants!"

Draco frowned and tried to breathe, but couldn't. "You really wanted rid of me that much? That much that you wanted to erase your own memory of me?"

"That's what you did!"

"What," Draco stood with eyes made of daggers. "How could you even fucking say that, Harry! Listen, I didn't ask for this to happen!"

"Then how did it happen, Draco," Harry snarled.

"Listen," Draco stepped to him, grabbed him by his shirt, and pulled him close, "I didn't fucking want to wake up one day and find half of my life missing! I didn't fucking want to forget you! I don't have any idea how the fuck this happened, but it was not intentional. Understand?"

Harry breathed heavily, looking him dead in the eye, and he shook himself free, although something wasn't right. He looked down to see himself in not his own clothes. Wearing black silk pajamas that were too big on him, he admired the breast pocket, which was embroidered with "DM" of course.

"Why am I not in my own clothes?"

"Harry, tell me you understand that I could never want any of this to happen, past or future."

"Draco, where are my clothes," Harry bit, although he didn't care, partially. Draco's clothes were warm and cuddly, but he felt violated.

"TELL ME YOU UNDERSTAND," Draco erupted. He felt betray that Harry could even think that Draco would do this on purpose. His hands were shaking and eyes teared up. "Harry, I could never," he broke down into a cracked whisper, "I could never want to do this to you, especially after what we went through with war."

"Okay, I get it."

"Good," Draco bit, and he inhaled and exhaled loudly, and stuck out his jaw.

"Where are my clothes," Harry demanded. "The ones I wore in here. Where are they?"

"They're in your bloody room with all of your things!"

"Why am I not in them?"

"Harry, merlin, calm down! They're pajamas!"

"Why am I not in them," he repeated just a bit louder.

"I wanted you to be comfortable, I don't know! I thought you'd appreciate it," Draco stuttered, much more nervously than how he intended. He was nervous. Very nervous. What if this didn't end well? What if he lost Harry? What if-

"Appreciate it?"

"You always used to wear my clothes after the war," Draco argued.

"Those weren't even mine," Harry sneered, "They were Sirus's!"

"Well, I wore them after you did, and so therefore, they reminded me of you, so I wore them," Draco crossed his arms. "What's the big deal? They're my pajamas and they're nice, and I wanted you to be warm."

"You saw me naked."

Draco almost laughed. "Yeah. Yes, I did. I saw you naked. That's what people do when they have to put on clothes. They have to be naked."

"You did that when I was asleep?"

"Yes. I did! And you know what else I did? I kissed you on the forehead! Someone come arrest me now," he held his hands out as if he greeted handcuffs. "I bloody well kissed Harry Potter when he was sleeping!"

Harry stuck out his jaw. "I didn't give you bloody permission to see me naked," he shrunk his shoulders.

"Harry! Are you fucking kidding me," he untangled his own arms and ran one through his hair. "How many times have I seen you naked?"

"It doesn't matter!"

"Really, considering you were well eager to get your pants off three nights ago when I barely remembered you!"

"Fuck you," Harry spat, and he turned, not wanting to even look at him.

Draco bit his lip, and swallowed. He didn't think this would be this hard. He expected Harry to be happy that they could be together- well, remotely. Maybe a little confused, but happy.

He spoke softly. "Harry, it's me. And I could never... ever even think about doing anything to you that would make you uncomfortable. And I know that's the same for me. That's why I let us have sex the night of the ball. I knew you wouldn't hurt me. I knew you could never. I trust you. I need you to trust me, too."

"It's not the same," Harry said.

"It's hard to understand it is the same."

"No," Harry shook his head. "I don't feel like I'm talking to my bloody boyfriend, I feel like I'm talking to a complete stranger! This is awkward. Really awkward!"

"After the war was awkward, too, and somehow we still were able to shag on every single surface at Grimmuald Place!"

"I don't want sex with you right now, though!"

"Did I ask you for sex?"

"No," Harry bit his lip.

"So why would we have sex if you didn't want it and if I didn't want it." Draco walked to him, but Harry stared at the ground. "I'm your friend, Harry. A pretty important one, too. Your soulmate..."

Harry stood still, and eerie calmness covering his face. "Right. Soulmate." Silence passed and Draco regretted bringing it up, because it certainly wasn't a normal silence. "Magically bound, right? That's how that works."

Draco nodded. "We have a connection on the magical level, yes."

"Oh, good to finally know, I have a soulmate. Kinda like finding out I'm a wizard, or learning I could talk to snakes... you know, one of those quirky things you just find out years after you should have known, even though someone else already seems to know much before I do."

"I did that on purpose."

"Did you now," Harry bit.

"Well, it was sort of instinct," Draco fell shy. "I didn't know it when I first started the plan but I guess when I look back at it, it could have been our connection that made me want mess with you. It would have been overwhelming to tell you our first real date after I found out. And then everything was going well so I forgot—I didn't really think about it," he corrected himself. "And then I wanted to 5th year but the war was starting and I knew that if the Dark Lord ever found out that we were he would have killed me no doubt. So it's sort of a good thing you didn't know."

"A good thing I didn't know?"

"And I didn't want our relationship to get lazy. If you knew and I knew then we wouldn't have, I dunno, fought as hard. We would have not... the fact of us being soulmates would have a lot of weight and we'd start being with each other because 'he's my soulmate' not because 'he loves me.'"

"Oh, you didn't want us to get lazy, that's all. Then why am I stressing, god, I must look like a total arse right now. My friend and my soulmate would rather see me suffer than stop pain he caused whilst knowing we'd end up together no matter what. I spent months sick in a forest, the war, angry at myself because I couldn't get over my stupid boyfriend turned death eater. I thought I was some hopeless freak because I couldn't get over someone who betrayed me on the deepest level when really, we were fucking soulmates this whole time. I'm stuck with you now. I can't have anyone else, you're my only option? I'm stuck with a manipulative liar?"

"That's not how it goes. It's still work. You can be alone, or if you wanted," Draco's insides ripped apart, "you could go for someone else. It just might not be as passionate or complete. It won't feel as good."

"And when does dating you ever feel good? I'm pretty sure there's a lot more feeling horrible and sick and stupid than ever feeling good."

"I'm so sorry," Draco started.

"I don't see a soulmate when I look at you." Harry swallowed. "All I see when I look at you is the man I've seen for the past three months. All I see is you hating me and calling me a filthy savior. I see a blank stare and eyes turned cold. I see 'Stay away from me' on a piece of parchment in my hands when I just wanted to talk to you." He closed his eyes. "All I see is you breaking down because your brain can't handle it all, and I see you in pain. Lots of pain. And I see you saying, "Why are you so damned obsessed with me.' I'm not obsessed with you," he whispered, and tears rolled down his face, "I'm in love with you. That's all I ever was! I wanted you to feel safe and loved and needed and you just thought I was going to hurt you-"

"Harry," Draco whispered, and he reached out to wipe his tears away, but Harry pushed him away.

"You want to know what I see when I look at you," he finally met his eyes and his heart burned, "I see a bloody engagement ring for Astoria Fucking Greengrass—fucking soulmate? I see you two talking at breakfast in the Great Hall, and I see you two walking each other to class-"

"Oh, Harry, you don't understand--"

"And I see you kissing her outside of charms right before Pumblechook's class, where you used to ignore me and act like I didn't even exist," he sobbed, and Draco did the only thing he could do: he wrapped his arms around him. Harry didn't hug him back. He just buried his head in his neck and weeped.

"I'm so sorry, Harry," Draco squeezed him tighter, and tears slipped from his eyes as well.

"How is it somehow you always seem to hurt me? Just no matter what you do, I'm always burned. It's always you!"

"What, you think this wasn't hard for me, too?" Draco let go of him.

"Well, you sure as hell weren't on my side of the story!"

"There are many sides to a story, Harry!"

"So you're saying you had it worse than me," Harry raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not saying that! I am not saying that!"

"Then tell me, what suffering did you have to bare? After the war, go on. After Azkaban."

"This isn't a bloody competition, Harry. I get it, you're in a lot of pain, and I understand that, but if you're asking, I didn't know... I was so confused all the time. You wouldn't know what it felt like, the way it was, but it was like I was missing half of myself. It was like nothing was whole. It's hard to explain," Draco bit the inside of his cheek, trying to think of a way to represent what happened to him. "You know when you're getting ready in the morning and you forget something, and you know it's not right and you feel really strange without it; you're looking everywhere trying to find it and you realize it's your wand? You get that satisfaction knowing you found it and that you needed it for class?"

"Erm, sure?"

"Well imagine that on a much grander scale. And imagine you not being able to find your fucking wand. And imagine throughout the day, you're searching everywhere, and you can't find it, and you can't sleep, and when you do sleep, you dream of it but it ends up being a nightmare because WHY THE BLOODY FUCK IS HARRY POTTER KISSING ME? It was like that. And my head hurt so bad, it was maddening. Pomphrey said the migraines were a part of my head trying to reconnect the memories."

"At least it didn't feel like your heart was getting ripped out! At least you could eat and drink and breathe properly! I thought I was dying!"

"Speaking of your health," Draco started, and he pushed Harry, because fuck it made him so angry, "Why the FUCK would you ever put yourself in a bloody hospital!"

"I didn't want to go! I just caught a cold-"

"Caught a cold," Draco sneered. He boiled, he couldn't even see because he was so angry. "Harry," he turned around because he physically couldn't handle looking at him. He covered his mouth and pushed back tears. "Fucking caught a cold," he shouted, and his knees felt weak. "You starved yourself! You fucking starved yourself because you found out a bloody secret of mine-"

"Why is it that every secret you have is a bomb shell? First it's that you're a bloody Death Eater, then it's that you're engaged! If you wouldn't have kept it a secret to begin with, and fucking told me, Draco Malfoy! Engaged!"

"I don't give a shit if I'm engaged or not! A hospital! I didn't know what you were doing in there! What if, " he choked. "What if you decided to... let go... What if we walked in there and you..." he let out a sob and bit his fist.

"Draco, I wouldn't!"

"Harry, you just fought a fucking war! How would we know? I asked bloody Weasel, he said he was locked out for days! You wouldn't come out and he couldn't go in. I had Granger try and break the lock but she couldn't! And you wouldn't answer! Fuck, I didn't know what to think- and I didn't even know why I was so worried about you, I just was! You had a silencing charm up and I thought you..."

"Draco," Harry breathed, and he went up behind him, almost afraid to touch him.

"God damn it," he spun around abruptly. "How could you do that! You look so sick!"

"I didn't think I would hurt anyone! I just needed to be alone-"

"That's the worse thing you could possibly do," he shouted. "You hate being alone!"

"Yeah, well I bloody hate being with you, too," Harry said but didn't mean.

"God damn it, I hate you so much! You're stupid and annoying and you push every single one of my buttons, and you piss me off on a daily basis, I get that I hurt you, but I can't help that I've lost my memory. You can help being a dick! You bring out the bloody worst in me, you do sometimes! I can't stand it-"

"MARRY ME, THEN!"

Draco froze, and so did Harry. "Excuse me," Draco asked, out of breath and almost frightened.

Harry didn't even know he said it. He suddenly forgot to breathe and an ache in his heart found its way to his knees and they were shaking. It was everything Harry wanted, and he just blurted it out in a white light and angry voice. That wasn't how he wanted to propose to Draco at all. His mind went on auto pilot, and his body went numb.

"Harry, what did you just say," Draco's voice shook.

"I said I want you to marry me," he said much much calmer, but his lip quivered.

"No, I want you to say it how you just said it," Draco growled.

"Marry me, then! Marry me if you hate me so much. I forgive you. For everything."

Draco didn't respond, but only looked at him, standing there all innocent. Draco didn't even think he could respond if he wanted.

"I want you to marry me, Draco Malfoy. I want to annoy you until you can't bloody see anymore. I want to piss you off every single day until I die, and I want to wake up next to you every single morning because I am in love with you and I cannot physically see my future with out you. For the past five months, let's face it, I've gone practically insane. That might have to do with years of abuse at the Dursleys crashing down on me; that might be because I've been running from a killer my entire life and I don't know what it's like to not be scared; that might be because I have lost so many people that I just wish I could have saved, and I deal with the guilt every time I breathe and they don't, but damn it! It's because of my stupid boyfriend that is so hard to get a hold of.

"It's because of you and your idiocy. Yes, I get my health is important to you, and I currently hate you because we should be banging each other into the mattress right now, but I really do appreciate you caring enough to drug me so that I don't have a mental break down, but I really think that you marrying me would help my health a hell of a lot.

"You are the most conceded, most ignorant, most annoying human being I have ever met. You snore, you lie about it, blame me for it, but I find that, honestly, fucking adorable. You spend hours looking in a mirror, and I just wish I could be that mirror just so I can stare at you as long as you stare at me. You barely understand what the hell just happened and how it feels right now to see you standing there as if it's all a game again and I'm going to wake up to find you sucking face with Astoria Fucking Greengrass- and don't even get me started about you never telling me about her!

"You're so fucking tall," Harry said almost breathlessly, however he used an annoyed tone, "Why? It's not fair. I can't even see over a bloody crowd and you're here like a giraffe enjoying the view. You're prissy and your bloody hands are so fucking swift and nimble, it's like you don't even have fingers, you just get shit done. Your nose could double as a box cutter, but you don't know what that is because you're a pureblooded prat who thinks so highly of himself because he was born into a rich family.

"You have made me question my sexuality probably ten thousand times since the start of this, because without you, I don't know who I would want to date or if I was gay or straight or bisexual or pansexual or asexual or any other sexual that there is because all I see is you. All I ever see is you.

"When you walk into a room, I lose every bit of sanity I possibly have. I can't see anything else, and it's so. bloody.frustrating. And you smell so nice. I swear if your cologne was alcohol, I would overdose and be dead right now. And your hair. Your bloody fucking hair. Is it even real? Honestly, your hair makes me question my sexuality within itself. Am I hair sexual? NO! I'M BLOODY DRACO MALFOY SEXUAL!

"The fucking sex within itself is incredible! You know me. You do. And the thought of anybody else touching me makes me want to throw up, and the thought of anybody else touching you makes me want to kill them. I never thought that sex, especially with you, would be so... so... fuck! I can't even describe what sex feels like with you! That's another thing I hate about you! I can never think properly!

"You don't know how to cook. You leave you clothes around as if I'm your bloody servant! You're not open minded. Your smirk makes me feel uneasy sometimes. I hate that you're a liar and you deceive me and everyone you know in one way, shape, or form. I hate you! I hate so many things about you.

"But what I hate more than you is being away from you. I hated and I mean hated that year and a half away from you! Those days in the forest were probably the worst days of my life! When I saw you at Malfoy Manor, I wanted to choke you with my bare hands because fuck you! These past five months when you were in Azkaban was worse than the war. It was like walking through hell, literally. Actual hell. I would have rather gone there than went through that.

"When you lost your memory, it felt like dying. It felt worse than the cruciartus curse, and I should know it! Every day I had to look at the back of your head in class wondering what was in it," Harry choked and tears sprung in the back of his eyes, "I had to watch you hate yourself because of the things you did in the war when I knew the other side to it. I couldn't help you! I had to watch you be hurt by other students because I couldn't defend you, because if I did, you would have hated me more that you do! I had to watch and wait and think that I could never touch you again, or hold you, or kiss you, or have a bloody conversation with you for two months! That's 61 days! Fuck! And I remember coming home from the Weasley's to find you gone with a note on the door saying there was a Death Eater on my premises, but there wasn't! It was just you! I can't even imagine how scared you were! And I can't even handle the thought of you in Azkaban!

"And fuck! Right now, I'm wearing your clothes, and I love it! I don't know why I got angry at you for seeing me naked, but I'm not! I only want you to see my naked, in fact! These things are too big for me, granted, but I find it so fucking cute! So cute! And I'm so happy you did this because you're right, these are warm and lovely and I want to wear them forever."

"What I'm trying to get at is that you have taken every single thing from me, every experience and twisted it to fit you! My first kiss, my first relationship, my first breakup, my first time, my 23rd time, laughing, breathing, existing! And you have so many flaws and so many things I hate about you and it makes me love you even more every day. I fucking hate the face you're making right now! I'm terrified that if I stop talking, that you'll say you don't remember me and us and everything we ever had, but I'm never going to forget that face and I'm going to love it for the rest of my life and I just want to kiss you so bad, so what I need is an answer.

"Draco Malfoy, will you marry me?" He waited for a response, his heart beating so loudly, he was afraid that he wouldn't be able to hear it. He waited and waited and waited, his hands shaking and tears in his eyes, because fuck he loved Draco. But then there came the answer, and it hit Harry like a brick.

"No."

Harry's face dropped and throat closed. "What?"

"No, Harry."

"W-what? Why not?"

"I want a proper proposal," Draco crossed his arms.

"You want a fucking proper proposal," Harry bit. "Fine. Meet me at the stone circle tonight."

"Really?"

"Yes. Really."

Draco reached down and smashed his face to his. "Love you, Harry," Draco whispered, feeling so safe and content and spent and warm and happy.

"I love you, too," Harry kissed him on his cheek, and pulled himself out of him. Draco thought that he was going to ask him to marry him again, but he didn't. He just climbed next to him, wrapped an arm around his chest, and snuggled his cheek into his shoulder. He whispered a cleaning spell, and did it wandlessly..He finally could do wandless spells again. Hell, maybe he could even cast a patronus!

What caused Draco to shoot up and take Harry with him was Harry's stomach growling. "I'm so sorry," Draco called, looking for the tray of food. Somehow, it had found itself right where it was to begin with: on the top of the platform where Draco put it while Harry slept. "I totally forgot! You're eating, right now."

"But Draco," Harry whined, and although his heart jump started, his eyes were still heavy. He lay back down as Draco stood, put on his briefs, and almost ran to the platform, and he climbed the latter barely, just enough to get the tray.

"Damn you and your temptation! Put some clothes on!"

"Make me!"

"Oh, I will," Draco growled and put the tray in front of him. Harry didn't move, in fact, he stretched, but still didn't move as he look at Draco dead in the eye with a smile on his face. "Put clothes on!"

"Why?"

"Because I said so!"

"Because you're afraid of getting another boner by the look of my naked body?"

Draco stuck out his jaw and cocked his head to the side. "Would you just put your bloody pants on?"

"Ask me nicely." Harry smiled, just because he could, because he was with Draco after all this hell.

Draco crossed his arms, looked him up and down, smirked a cute smirk, uncrossed his arms, wiped his bangs out of his face, took a breath, took another breath, and finally proceeded to jump on top of Harry and wrestle him. Harry tried pushing him off, laughing in the process, but Draco wouldn't budge. He reached for his briefs and tugged Harry's legs, throwing them in the air so he could force them on. Leg by leg, they eventually ended up where they should have been, somehow, because Harry kept kicking and giggling and squirming.

"There," Draco smiled, sitting between his legs. "Better."

"Not yet," Harry said.

"What now," Draco asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Just this." Harry tickled him, catching Draco off guard. Draco immediately squirmed and tried getting away but Harry grabbed him by his hips and pushed him down, Draco laughing and squealing and making the most amazing sounds.

"Stop it Harry! Stop," he laughed as Harry got on top of him and tickled him mad. "H-Harry!" He arched his back and struggled and kicked his feet, but Harry weighted him down. "Please- HA! Harry!"

Harry laughed. Oh, he laughed, and thats what made Draco want to be tickled. Harry enjoyed it. Harry was happy. Draco wanted Harry to be happy.

But he hated being tickled.

He hated it.

So, Draco grabbed Harry by his sides and threw him off, only to make him roll on top of him and kiss his neck."Damn it Harry," he laughed, and Harry wrapped his arms around his body.

"I've missed you so much," Harry smiled. He actually smiled, and Draco moved to Harry's cheek just so he could kiss it, his smile.

"I've missed you, too," Draco smiled, and he kissed his lips sweetly. "Now eat!"

"Will you eat with me?"

"Yes," Draco said, "Whatever makes you comfortable."

He pulled the tray closer to them and got off of him, but he laid on his stomach and took off the cover to reveal all the delicious treasures from the Great Hall.

"God, Draco, you didn't have to bring the entire kitchen up here," Harry said, and Draco kissed his shoulder.

"I know it looks intimidating, but I'll eat whatever you don't if that helps," Draco kissed it again.

Harry nodded, and grabbed a pastry. He moved to take a bite, but instead turned to Draco and put it by his mouth. "Bite?"

"Sure," he nodded, took a small bite, and moaned to the taste. "Harry, you need to try this. It's like a treacle tart."

"Where'd you get this?"

"I gave the recipe to a house elf. My mother used to make these. Try it," he egged him on. Harry took a bite, and it was warm and gooey and chocolatey and reminded Harry of Draco.

"Mmm. It tastes like vanilla," he sighed and took another bite.

"I knew you'd like it," Draco dragged his nose along Harry's neck and cheek.

Harry nodded and swallowed. He stared at the pastry in front of him, but lost himself in though. Draco watched him intently.

"I don't want to be sad anymore," he said.

"Then don't be sad."

"It's not that simple."

"I know it's not."

"I don't want to fight with you again. I don't want to be angry like I was after the war."

"Those two days of complete silence were awful," Draco said, and Harry turned to him.

"They were. I don't want that again," Harry frowned.

"I don't either."

At Grimmuald Place after the war, nOnce Harry and Draco had gotten more comfortable with each other, Draco had said something about being a Death Eater, how it was almost good that he was one so he was safe, and Harry erupted. He screamed at him, and Draco screamed at him back. That was the worst fight they'd ever had, and it ended up with Draco throwing a vase and Harry, and Harry threw a plate of china at him and Draco told him to never talk to him again and ran to one of the bedrooms and locked Harry out for around 18 hours.

That night, at around two in the morning, Draco woke up to Harry shrieking downstairs from a nightmare, and he found him on the couch crying his eyes out. They didn't speak, but Draco carried him upstairs and placed him in the bed next to him. They still didn't speak. The cuddled, but didn't speak. Harry woke up to find Draco gone.

They also had sex four times within those two days.

The first time, they had angry sex. Really angry sex. While Harry searched for Draco along Grimmauld Place, somehow Draco ended up behind him and slammed him against the wall, and at some point, Draco had dragged Harry by his hair across the hall. He pounded into him up against the wall with their trousers barely past their thighs.

They still didn't speak to each other. Not a word. Just grunts and moans of pain or pleasure, depending on what they were doing.

The second time they had sex over those two days, was really really awkward. It was guilty, and it wasn't meant to happen. Sex from guilt. Draco was in the kitchen ridiculously late at night- the room only lit by a candle, his knees up to his chest with a cup of stale tea in his hands. It was the only thing he'd consumed that day, well, besides Harry's... never mind. They hadn't seen each other since they had sex, in fact they avoided each other.

Harry walked in and they looked at each other. Draco sniffed and wiped his nose with the shirt Harry had given him, and Harry had just showered. He smelled of mint, and Draco remembered asking himself why, but Harry walked slowly to him, and kissed him, but Draco didn't respond at first. And then they made out.

And then they made out on the table. And then they had sex on the table, but it wasn't like they were comfortable; they still couldn't speak to each other.

Harry guided him to one of the bedrooms with two beds in it, and he laid on one, and Draco laid on the other. They didn't face each other until morning, well, five o' clock in the morning, when Draco had a shallow nightmare and he crawled into his bed. Harry turned around and couldn't sleep after that. Draco tried, but he wanted Harry's touch, and Harry didn't let him have it until almost ten in the morning, when they had dirty sex again. That sex was in sin because it was so tender.

Still no words.

At some point, Harry fell asleep later that day for about twenty minutes, and Draco hadn't moved, rather just stared at him. That was the first time Draco had told him he loved him.

With a heavy heart, shaking hands, and a naked body, Draco said it after two days of silence. "I love you."

It hit Harry harder than finding out about the Dark Mark. It hit Harry... damn it hit him.

His mouth fell open, and eyes watered. He forgot to breathe. Draco had to check his pulse. He said it again, and Harry started crying.

He'd waited over three years to hear those words. "Of all the times you had to tell me," he had claimed, and Draco just said "It felt like the right one."

Harry disagreed with the timing, but he said it back anyway. Then they had tender sex, and they could use the others' names, and Harry had to stop in the middle of it because he sobbed so hard. Draco said "I love you," between every kiss.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you when I woke up," Harry said, taking another bite of pastry.

"Give me your second pastry and I'll forgive you," Draco leant in and kissed him, enjoying his taste.

"You're going to have to make me a thousand pastries to make up for this," Harry joked, strictly because he wanted to.

"I'll make you ten thousand pastries if you want me to," Draco said, his eyes full of promise.

"Or you could just marry me and we'll call it even."

Draco frowned. He kissed him as an answer, but Harry turned before impact, and it ended up being his cheeks instead of his lips. Harry took the last bite of his pastry and grabbed hold of his for, shoveling in some eggs.

"I want to. Very much," he swallowed, and he put wiped away Harry's bangs.

"Tell me about your engagement. I want to hear all about it."

"No, I don't want you to know all of the details, especially-"

"Draco," he raised his voice just a little, "You owe me that much."

He did.

Draco exhaled. "After you eat."

"I've eaten."

"Eat more. That's not enough."

"Would you like anything," Harry remained civil. Don'tpush, Harry told himself. He didn't want another repeat of Grimmuald Place.

"That sausage looks delicious," Draco stared at the plate over his shoulder.

"Oh it is," Harry winked and gestured down to his-

"Hey!"

"You should try it, sometime. It keeps all my clients coming back for more," he smirked.

"Clients? What clients," Draco laughed.

"Oh, you know, all the sex gods." He took a bit of toast and a few more bites of egg, suddenly realizing how hungry he was.

"Please tell me what sex gods get a piece of your bloody package," Draco raised an eyebrow.

"Oh plenty. But that's classified," Harry said, pushing his food to his cheek and taking a bit of pumpkin juice to help it down. Draco shoved at his shoulder and his mouth opened. Harry looked down at him, swallowing. "You know, jealousy doesn't look good on you."

"Right, because I'm jealous of those funny little sex gods that you come up with in your head."

"Oh good, you admitted it," Harry said, but then he laughed. Draco smiled brightly, holding back a chuckle, and he kissed Harry's shoulder again.

"You're unbearable."

Harry stabbed the sausage on his plate and hovered the fork in front of Draco's face. "What, you said you wanted it."

Draco looked at it and gulped. "But Harry, it's so big! I don't know if it'll fit," Draco played it off.

"Take it," Harry giggled.

"If you say so," Draco smiled, and he licked the length of it, and put the mouth on the tip of it, kissing it.

"Stop giving my food a blow job and eat it," Harry snapped, although he did laugh again. Good, Draco thought, he's laughing.

Draco did eat it, and Harry finished off a lot of his food, leaving Draco proud of him, and he kissed him thoroughly, although he tasted of breakfast.

Harry took a look around the room. It was extravagant. The entire floor was a bed, and the length of the walls correlated that of an olympic swimming pool. Ten feet above them stood a platform that led to the door, with a latter that connected the two.

"This room is incredible," Harry said, "How did you think of it?"

"I just wanted us to be comfortable, and the Room of Requirement gave us this."

Draco walked the tray over to the platform, and jumped off the latter a few steps high, leaving him to bounce on the floor made up of only bedding.

"Oh my god," Harry shouted, and he stood up, his feet sinking down into the mattress.

"What?" Harry just ran to the latter and pushed Draco out of the way. "Hey!"

"Well move your arse over! This is important!"

He reached the top and looked over the entire thing, smiling.

"Are you a nutter," Draco asked.

"Yes," Harry answered. He took a breath, backed all the way to the door and sprinted along the length of the platform, only to jump over the latter and free-fall to the floor where he landed on his stomach, was absorbed, and sprung up again like a child on a trampoline. He laughed like one, too. "Draco, come on, try it! It's like you're flying, but you're not!"

Draco shook his head and laughed, and he climbed the latter, repeating what Harry did. To make Harry laugh even more, the screamed on his way down, and once he hit the mattress and sprung back up again, he spun so he could land on his back, and he found himself next to Harry, who was smiling like a dork.

"See! That was fun! Want to go again?"

"I don't know, Harry, I mean, we're getting older, and- RACE YOU!" Draco got up to run but Harry grabbed him by his briefs and shoved him back down, giving him momentum to bounce up to his feet, and as he tried getting away, Draco thought quickly, grabbing Harry's ankle and knocking him back down.

Draco lunged forward, crawling over him and pushing him back. As he got up, so did Harry, and he chased him up to the latter, and they tousled and wrestled to get on it, pushing each other to the side, but Harry got the upper hand and started climbing. Due to his larger size, Draco could step around him and he pushed Harry off, knocking him back into the bouncy mess, and Draco made it to the top.

He celebrated by sticking his tongue out at Harry.

Draco put his back up against the door, breathed, then ran as hard as he possibly could, jumping as far as he could, and Harry laughed as he landed. Doing the same, Harry charged off the platform and leaped off the edge only to aim himself too close to Draco on accident. He didn't hit the initial impact, but as he flew back, he slammed right into Draco's back, causing him to groan.

"Ow, Harry," he complained, but Harry heard him laugh, so he kissed the back of his neck, as well as the side, as a reward. "Get off of me!"

"But you're so soft," Harry snuggled into his back and wrapped his arms around him.

Draco hummed sweetly. "Man, I wish I could have this for forever," he said to himself but Harry heard him and stiffened.

"You can."

"I didn't mean to say that out loud."

"I know you didn't. I'm glad you did though," Harry said softly.

"God, it's just your voice," Draco purred. "It's your everything."

"Tell me about the marriage contract, Draco," Harry said, and he rolled off of him so that he could flip over, and then Harry lay across his stomach, drooping his arms around his chest, his head resting on one of his pecks and his legs cast out to the side lazily.

"You know this is going to be hard."

"I know," he whispered.

"I don't even know where to start."

"Start at the beginning."

"Okay," Draco took a breath. "It was over the summer of 6th year, a month or so after I got the Mark. I was busy doing something... I can't remember much before it because it was so insane at the time. My mother called for me, which I knew was bad. Very bad. Because she left me alone after I got that Mark, she only got me whenever the Dark Lord came."

Harry stroked his chest and closed his eyes, trying to detach himself from the pit of anger the boiled in his stomach. "I hate your father."

"Where did that come from?"

"I just swear he had something to do with this."

"Probably. But you're not the only one who hates him."

"Like really hate him."

"Shh, he's gone now. We don't have to worry about him. Anyway, and so when I was led downstairs, I saw seven people: Yaxley and the Greengrasses with the acceptation of Daphne, and Greyback, Aunt Bellatrix, and Snape. I was confused at first. I didn't know why they were there, the Greengrasses, who they really were. I'd only seen them at galas when I was younger.

"Yaxley started talking, and ignored half of it, like I normally do, but then I heard the words 'Marriage contract,' and I thought I was going to die right then and there.

"Apparently, they wanted to make the bond between all the Death Eaters stronger by banding them together. I think it's because they didn't want us fleeing. A few others had had it, but I didn't even think about it. I thought I was too young.

"What really was the reason, which I found out after everyone left, was that my father knew that I was in love with you, and he wanted any possibility of us together impossible. Greyback had his suspicions, too. He said if I agreed with no resistance than it means that I really was fooling you. So I had to."

"You didn't want to tell them to fuck off?"

"Oh, trust me, I did. But I knew this would be the easiest way out. And at that time, I just turned 16, and I figured I still had a few years until the contract was valid, and I thought I'd be dead by the time it needed to be fulfilled. Easy way out was to die, so I didn't worry about it for a while."

"So you just said 'whatever' and continued on your merry way?"

"No, no no! That doesn't mean I wasn't ridiculously angry. I had to sign the certificate, pretend I was okay with it. But when I looked down at the date and it was July 31st. They did it on purpose so I could see it, think of you. They played with me and laughed at me but to get them to stop I kissed her and called her my future wife, and after a bit they believed me. I just tooled them, called her a bunch of things she wasn't.

"Things that you call me?"

"I could never call her what I call you. I called her pretty, I think."

"What, aren't I pretty?"

"No, you're ugly," Draco said, and he laughed a bit at Harry's open mouth. "But I do think you are the most incredible, most beautiful human being I've ever laid eyes on."

Harry smiled and kissed him. "Don't worry, I think you're ugly, too." Draco laughed.

"Everyone left. I turned to Snape and I slapped him, and he was about to kick my arse, but my mother stepped in and pushed me out of the way. I couldn't even remember what I yelled at him but I started crying. It must've been bad, but he was kind of shocked. My mother told me to go upstairs and I remember she said 'I told you he was in love with him," and Snape argued back that 'It was too dangerous and this contract was going to save me.'

"And then I decided to forget about it, not to worry because I'd be dead by the time the contract was up. But that didn't happen. I didn't tell you over 6th year because of the same reason I didn't tell you about my Mark."

"That was stupid," Harry said, opening his eyes.

"I was afraid. I didn't want to hurt you. Ever. When I saw you, I just didn't think about it. It was easy. But when my father escaped from Azkaban, he reminded me of it, and that's how I came up with the idea to propose to you. I thought it would break the contract. I never got to test out that theory, unfortunately."

"Did you just want to marry me because of the contract?"

"No, Harry. Of course not! I thought about it for a while. I wanted forever with you, I still want it very very much! I can never see myself without you, until I lost my memory, of course."

"And then you two dated," Harry looked up at him, his eyes full of sadness.

"Well, she was the only one who talked to me besides Pansy and Blaise, and you of course, but I sort of hated you. She reminded me about the contract, and so we started dating," he swallowed. Harry buried his head deeper into his chest.

"How was it?"

"How did you think it was?"

"You looked happy," Harry said.

"I wasn't Harry," Draco kissed his forehead. "I just didn't think that was in another relationship. I thought that that was the happiest I was ever going to be."

"How many times did you two kiss?"

"I didn't count, Harry," Draco put a hand in Harry's hair and played with it.

"Is she a good kisser?"

"No," he laughed. "She's bloody awful! Too much tongue, she doesn't know what to do with it. Her hands are dainty, and they go in all the wrong places."

"Where did she touch you?"

"She, like, I don't even know how to say it. Somehow her hand ended up under my armpit- I don't... how? How does somebody do that? And she used to lick me- not like you do. Bleh! It was gross. And her boobs...they... ugh! I hated them."

Harry grabbed his other hand and kissed his palm. "I hated seeing you two together."

"Trust me I hated being with her."

"Did you propose to her?" The words made him sick.

"Not officially. Legally, we're already engaged, but I haven't given her a ring."

Harry took a few deep breaths. "What are the conditions of the contract?"

"We have to be properly engaged by the end of the year according to the Ministry Legality Bonding Department, we have to file it in proof or a ring. We have to go to the office together before January 1st."

"She's a minor isn't she?"

"No. Her birthday is December 8th...9th? Early December. She went into Hogwarts late, I think. Either that or she got held back... I'm not sure. She's easy to tune out. So she'll be legal then even though she's a 6th year."

"What else? You have to have a wedding?"

"Yes. A traditional pureblooded wedding by the start of her 7th year. So over the summer, she started planning.

"I can't stand the thought of you at a wedding without me by your side."

"I would invite you, but I feel like we would just end up making out on the alter instead of kissing her."

"That would be hilarious."

"I know it would be."

"How long do you have to be together before you can divorce? Isn't it 6 months or something like that?"

Draco bit his lip. "Five years."

"What! The fuck do you mean five years," Harry propped himself up on his elbows.

"This is the worst part of everything."

"Five years? The fuck are we supposed to do for five years," Harry shouted, but Draco moved his hand to his face and cupped his cheek.

"I haven't told you the worst part of everything."

"What can be worse than that?"

Draco cringed, swallowed, and whispered "Please don't freak out. You know how hard this is for me. Please just be calm."

Harry took a few breaths. "Okay. Go."

"We have to produce an heir," he said softly.

"You have to produce and heir," Harry repeated unreasonably quiet. "An heir."

"Yes. At least one," Draco frowned. "It must be a boy."

"Wait so that means you have to have sex?"

Draco didn't answer.

"Multiple times?"

"I think that's how reproduction works, Harry," Draco said sadly.

"No," Harry begged. "I don't want anybody else touching you!"

"I know, Harry."

"C-can't you break it, the contract?" His voice shook as he spoke.

"I want to. So bad. But I can't get into any more legal trouble, or else I'll be sent to Azkaban."

"I could talk to Kinglsey," Harry suggested.

"Harry. You don't understand. I almost killed him. I hexed him down the stairs at Grimmuald Place. He would never help me."

"He loves me thought! I'm Harry Potter, damn it! He would listen to me!"

"The contract is already made Harry. He can't do much."

"How do you break the god damned contract," Harry shouted.

"I don't know Harry, most likely get married, but that would mean breaking a legality and I could get arrested because I was apart of the Dark Arts. Rules are different for Death Eaters."

"But I'm Harry Potter."

"Isn't there a loophole or something?"

"Maybe we could get a lawyer to look through the contract or something."

"I know the loophole. I'm Harry fucking Potter! I killed the Voldemort I-"

"Hey, Mr. Ego, calm down," Draco looked up at him.

"Draco, that's five years! Five years with sex!"

"You think I don't know that!" He kissed his forehead.

"You could cheat on her. We could get a vacation home in France and stay there for two weeks at a time and just be with each other."

Draco sighed. "I can't cheat. It's in the contract."

"It's in every contract, Draco! And people do it all the time!"

"This is a magical contract, Harry. It's like an unbreakable vow. I won't die or anything, but the spell just knows."

"What's the consequence of breaking it?"

"I'm not sure. They didn't tell me because they didn't think I'd break it."

"What if she didn't want to get married either," Harry asked. Draco bit his lip in though. "You could make her hate you. Make her want to break it off."

"I guess if both partners agreed... I'm not sure. She's really shallow and clingy."

"Try it. Please. For me."

"I just don't want to go to Azkaban, because then I'd be away from you forever."

"I would get you out," Harry said, and he reached up to stroked his hair from his face. "Marry me. We could do it. Break the contract with me."

"Harry-"

"We could do it. We could break it. Convince her to hate you and we could wake up next to each other every day for the rest of our lives."

"I want to, Harry. I want to so much."

"What could go wrong? I'm tired of playing it safe. I just got you back, I'm not losing you to Greengrass."

"Harry-"

"I will kiss you good morning every day. I will make you breakfast, whatever you like, in bed, out of bed, you can eat off my back if you want to. I will make love to you whenever you like. I will make you laugh, and I will fight you, and I will love you until forever. Will you do one thing, and marry me?"

Draco paused, and then he smiled. "No."

"Why not," Harry asked, disappointed.

"I told you, I want a proper proposal."

Harry sat up, took deep breaths. "Prat. Alright, fine. Meet me in three hours where we had our first date. Wear something nice."

"When do I ever not wear something nice?"

Harry just rolled his eyes, got off of him, and helped him up. Draco grabbed him by his face unexpectedly, and kissed him and kissed him and kissed him.

"I love you," he said, and he kissed his forehead. "So much."

"I love you, too," Harry replied, and he went to grab Draco's pajama button up, and Draco grabbed his wrist before he touched it.

"Wait," he looked at him with wide, excited eyes, "Before we go..." he looked at the latter. "One more time?"

"I thought you'd never ask," Harry laughed. "Bet you I'll win!"

"Not a chance!"

——————————————————————-

Harry met Draco at the stone circle, taking his arm just as Draco first did. He was wearing a suit without the jacket and Draco wore a silk button up.

"Right this way," Harry smiled.

"Now what occurrence has been called for you to take me here, Mr. Potter," Draco laughed.

"You know why," Harry kissed his hand.

"And if I say no?"

"Then you're getting your arse thrown in the lake."

"Very funny."

"I'm not joking."

"I know you aren't," Draco smiled. "Does this mean I'm going to be Draco Potter?"

"I haven't asked yet, but yes, I planned that. It has a nice ring to it, yeah." He smiled like an idiot.

"It sounds idiotic," Draco rolled his eyes.

Harry stopped them, turning and looking him in the eyes. "I don't want you to be a Malfoy anymore. Not after everything you've been through with your father, not after what you've said as a Malfoy. That isn't you, and it isn't who you are with me."

Draco couldn't necessarily disagree with that. What he told Harry when he lost his memory, was completely out of line. Harry pulled them along but Draco stood still.

"Harry, wait, listen I'm sorry I called you a disgusting mudblood-loving tramp, I really didn't mean it, even when I didn't remember. I just wanted to hurt you," Draco trailed off, but Harry placed a finger on Draco's lips.

"It's alright, don't worry about it okay," Harry kissed his cheek. "Really, it's not a big deal.

"But-"

"Draco. It's fine. If you didn't mean it, you didn't mean it," Harry replied softly, taking his hands and playing with them. Draco nodded his head, biting his lip. They continued walking until they made it to their destination, hand in hand, not even caring if anyone saw.

Draco had a look on his face, an unsure look, a look of insecurity. All it took was Harry saying his name.

"Are you sure you want it to be me? Of all people? Me? You can have literally any person you want. It's just, I've brought you so much pain, and you still choose me."

"Every second of me hurting is completely and wholly worth it, Draco. Every heart break, every screw up, every bump in the road, makes me love you each and every bit more. I love you. You love me. Nothing has changed since you proposed to me, just we've grown, as people, as friends, as lovers."

"Harry, don't do this just because we're soul mates."

"I'm not doing this because we're soulmates, I'm doing it because I love you, and that was something we both earned."

Draco smiled wide."Yeah but who says we won't end up killing each other?"

"It will be an incredible death, and it will be worth it. Every fight just makes me love you more and more, every interaction. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Draco, I can't physically live without you, don't you see? I want to be with you. I'm not doing this just to get you out of the marriage. I'm doing this because I absolutely love you, every flaw you have, and every memory you've lost and gained again."

Draco let a tear slip his face. "I love you, too, Harry."

Harry got down on one knee, and pulled out a small box from his pocket. He was crying too. Was he really doing this, was he really allowed to finally be with the love of his life?

He remembered his first date. He remembered feeling so confused, so sure that this whole thing would end in disaster. And in the end, he got a best friend, a lover out of it: someone to share his life with.

"Fighting for you was the best battle I've ever gone through. What do you say, marry me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329 2 23
it's been a few months since Harry Potter defeated voldemort. the school is back and running and harry, Hermione, and Ron are back. Minerva is now he...
306K 9.6K 28
"Why do you keep avoiding me, Draco?!" "'Cuz i don't deserve you, Harry." . . . . . A Drarry fanfic set in the 8th year of Hogwarts. contains: Dra...
329K 14.1K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
109K 4K 20
After the war, students who didn't get to complete seventh year are invited back. How is Harry going to be treated now he is the saviour of the wizar...