Every Arc Ends with My Death

By Aomine-san

For an extra inside a novel, there is no concept of life and death, and the clock never stops ticking with or... More

Chapter 1. The Prologue of a Tragedy (I)
Chapter 2. The Prologue of a Tragedy (II)
Chapter 3. And So, We Meet Again
Chapter 4. Bad Timing Reunion
Chapter 5. A Gusty and Daring Maid (I)
Chapter 6. A Gutsy and Daring Maid (II)
Chapter 7. Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 8. Special Treatment
Chapter 9. Flowers and Fortune
Chapter 10. A Fateful Encounter
Chapter 11. Fears and Tears
Chapter 12. Temptations
Chapter 13. Leila
Chapter 14. Parting Ways
Chapter 15. Whose Side?
Chapter 16. Heaven-sent
Chapter 17. Willing Lips
Chapter 18. Arrogance
Chapter 19. Princess of the East
Chapter 20. Scarred
Chapter 21. Love and Madness
Chapter 22. Trust
Chapter 23. Desires
Chapter 24. Lilith
Chapter 25. Illusory
Chapter 26. What Love Cannot
Chapter 27. Farewell
Chapter 28. Ruth Alessia di Camellia
Chapter 29. The Second Death
Chapter 30. Poisoned Spring
End of Season 1 -- NOTE --
Chapter 31. The Summer We Reunited
Chapter 33. Something Dangerous
Chapter 34. Crossing Paths
Chapter 35. Haniel
Chapter 36. Curse and Promise
Chapter 37. Lover
Chapter 38. Heart to Heart
Chapter 39. Villains
Chapter 40. The Spring Named Isabelle
Chapter 41. The Way I Love You
Chapter 42. Love Me, Love Me Not
Chapter 43. Allies
Chapter 44. Intimacy
Chapter 45. Departure
Chapter 46. Disappearance
Chapter 47. Selfish, Ugly, and Vile
Chapter 48. Twisted
Chapter 49. The Third Death
Chapter 50. Treacherous Summer
End of Season 2 -- NOTE --
Chapter 51. The Fall of Leaves and Man
Chapter 52. An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 53. Foes and Woes
Chapter 54. Two Suns
Chapter 55. You
Chapter 56. Partners
Chapter 57. The Autumn We Reunited
NOTICE
Chapter 58. Confession
Chapter 59. Her Highness and Her Forces
Chapter 60. Double Agent
Chapter 61. The Grandiose Plan
Chapter 62. Memories
Chapter 63. The Truth Untold
Chapter 64. We Were There
Chapter 65. A Knight's Vow
Chapter 66. First Love
Chapter 67. Seasons
Chapter 68. Trap
Chapter 69: Sacrifice
Chapter 70. Immovable Fall
End of Season 3 -- NOTE --
Chapter 71. The First Snow
Chapter 72: Family
Chapter 73: Callista
Chapter 74: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 75: Alone in the Snow
Chapter 76: Revolution
Chapter 77: You, Whom I Love
Chapter 78: The Final Death
Chapter 79: Everlasting Winter
Chapter 80: The Epilogue of a Tragedy
Author's Note
NEW STORY ALERT!

Chapter 32. History

700 56 6
By Aomine-san

As we stood rooted under the oak tree, the verdant leaves showered our spot with the help of the salty summer wind. The sun indiscriminately gleamed at the lush grass, turning them into lighter green.

"Isabelle?" he muttered under his breath.

In front of me was Grand Duke Averill, whose ashy hair looked out of place amidst the warm ambiance. Even so, his golden eyes compensated for this mismatch, as they were like the sun itself.

"Well, as if a dead person can come back to life."

However, our meeting failed to adapt the serenity of this place. The next thing I knew, Alistair had already raised and pointed his blade on my neck.

"Yet another cheap trick to make me lose spirit?" His face darkened. "Unfortunately for you, I have been warned by my wife multiple times that my enemies might send people like you on my way."

I opened my mouth and tried to speak, to no avail.

"Cat got your tongue, hm?" Alistair smirked then leaned closer to my face. "Disappointed? What did they tell you, that I'd break down into tears upon seeing that blonde hair and blue eyes of yours?"

I couldn't recognize the man before me.

His appearance may have remained the same, but whatever softness he had in him back then was no longer there. He was just bitter and resentful now.

Still, he was Alistair Kirsten de Averill.

The one and only person I have ever loved.

Even if I wanted to tell him how much I missed him, my voice was nowhere to be found. The phrase I love you couldn't find its way out of my mouth, forever lost in the depths of my mind.

And so, my feelings could only manifest into tears.

As tears rolled down on my cheeks, Alistair was taken aback. It was only for a split second, but I saw the shift on his face from anger to sorrow.

"A-Allari?" Servan suddenly appeared, catching me and the grand duke in that tense situation.

When he saw the blade pointed at my neck, his face paled. It seems that he was scared. But even so, Servan hurriedly went to my side and knelt.

"Y-Your Grace!" My brother panicked. "I apologize if my sister has offended you in any way, but she is a mere child who is unable to speak! Have mercy!"

Servan pulled me down with him to get on bended knees as well. As we both bowed, our faces close to the ground, my brother gently held my hand.

"D-Don't be scared, Allari." That's what he said, but he was shaking more than me. "Brother is here."

Dude, you're the one trembling like a fawn.

Alistair scoffed. "She is unable to speak, you say?"

"Yes. My sister is mute." Beads of sweat rolled down on Servan's face. Is he afraid of nobles?

When I dared to lift my gaze to Alistair, our eyes met once again. This time, his forehead was still crunched, but his rage seemed to have subsided.

"Get out of my sight." He said menacingly before sheathing back his sword and turning from us.

"T-Thank you, Your Grace!" Servan helped me get up. "Come, Allari. You must have been shocked."

My brother and I then left hand in hand. Before we departed from the garden, I risked to take one last look at Alistair, only to find him staring at me.

His face was devoid of emotion, but his eyes were melancholic under the brightness of the sun. That pitiful sight was somewhat comforting for me.

It means that he hasn't gotten over me yet.

And, as selfish as it may seem, it made me happy.

"Wah!" I was brought back to reality when Servan squeezed me between his arms. "That was scary!"

His eyes turned moist behind his round spectacles, and his whole face turned red from all the crying.

"You aren't hurt, right?" Servan looked at me from head to toe. "Sister, what did you do to anger the grand duke? He could've slain you right there!"

I clicked my tongue on him. He's so extra!

"W-Why are you getting mad at me? I saved your life! It looked like he was about to kill you!" Once again, he embraced me. "What would happen to your brother if you leave me behind like that?"

For the next few minutes, Servan bawled out and lectured me. Somehow, his brown hair and immature disposition reminded me of someone.

Yes. He reminded me of that person.

Princess Himari.

Ah, this is bad. I suddenly feel like crying.

"Wah, you have a scratch!" My brother folded his legs and took a closer look at my knee. "It must be when I pulled you down earlier. I'm sorry, Allari."

Servan gestured me to get down too, so I did.

"Why don't you try healing it yourself?"

My lips parted. Can I really do that?

"You can do it!" Servan encouraged me. He gently took my finger and placed it on my knee. "It's just a matter of visualizing. Think of magic particles scattered all over your body and imagine them gathering in one point, which is your finger."

I took his instruction seriously. I closed my eyes and visualized tiny particles of magic inside my body. I imagined moving them at my index finger.

To my surprise, a beam of light appeared from my finger and my scratch instantly healed upon contact. What the heck? Am I a magic genius?

"Good job!" Servan clapped his hand childishly, smiling. "As expected from my adorable sister!"

I stared at him. This guy... He's really nice.

Since I didn't have the capability to speak, I shyly plopped my head on his shoulder. My brother seemed clueless at first, but he still understood.

"Hehe," Servan patted my head. "You're welcome."

In my past two lives, I was an orphan. This kind of relationship was foreign to me, but it's not so bad.

"Anyway, the grand duke will only be staying here for a few days." Servan brought up to me. "Allari, let's try our best not to cause any trouble, okay?"

Right.

I thought it would be an emotional reunion, but Alistair greeted me with derision instead. He was on guard. From that, there are two possibilities.

One, that Rumi failed to deliver the letter, that's why he doesn't know that I'm the same person.

Two, that Rumi successfully handed him my letter but he doesn't buy it or worse, he believes that I'm an impersonator or a sorcerer of black magic.

Even though the former would have been more favorable, the latter seems more likely based on how he treated me with hostility earlier.

What am I supposed to do?

---

Eventually, I learned that the envoy whom the emperor sent out for a territorial inspection was actually Grand Duke Averill, that's why he's here.

I was told that he'll be staying here for a few days to wipe out monsters within the surrounding areas in order to keep the nearby villages safe.

For now, I decided to avoid him as much as I can.

I was still in the dark, after all. The second arc is still an enigma to me, and I don't have a clear vision of my role as an extra in this storyline yet.

"Oh, Allari." Emma greeted me with a smile upon my arrival. "Are you looking for your brother? He went out to procure some ingredients for potions."

I'm still not used to the life of a healing mage but the people in the tower, especially in our department, were amicable towards me.

When they discovered that I supposedly lost my memories, they told me not to push myself too hard and take my time to practice magic again.

"It's just you and me today, it seems." Emma patted my shoulder. "The others were called to the palace for the regular health inspection of the knights."

My memory loss was a good excuse for me not to do complicated work such as creating healing potions. Therefore, I only worked as an assistant.

She's so good with her hands, I thought to myself while watching Emma mix various herbs and berries, then reinforcing them with magic.

"Hm?" The green-haired mage giggled when she noticed me watching so closely. "Do you want to try making one, Allari? You're also rich in magic."

I was about to gesture my refusal when someone knocked on the room. The door swung open, and a knight hesitantly peeked on the room. I instantly recognized the badge on his chest. A shield and a crimson red butterfly... The Lohefalter Knights.

"Yes?" Emma inquired casually.

"Good day," The knight with navy blue hair bowed politely. "We're about to venture the Forest of Silla, and His Grace asked me to fetch a healing mage if there's one free, in case we suffer from injuries."

"Oh, did Sir Ion not assign anyone yet?" Emma panicked, referring to the head of the healing department. "I guess it can't be helped, then."

I immediately stopped Emma.

"Huh?" She blinked twice. "Do you want to go?"

I nodded enthusiastically. This is my chance!

"Well, I know you're talented in magic, but will it be okay?" My colleague worriedly asked. "I don't know if your brother would have allowed this."

I waved my hand. Who cares about that wimp?

"Hmm." Emma rubbed her chin in contemplation. After a few seconds, she smiled to me. "Well, to be honest, you're more impressive than me when it comes to firsthand healing... so I guess it's okay."

My face brightened. Thank you, Emma!

She turned to the guest. "Allari shall accompany you, Sir. She does not have the capability to speak, but I can totally vouch for her healing expertise."

"I see," The blue-haired man eyed me with mild interest. "We'll be in your care then, Miss Allari."

And so, the Lohefalter knight escorted me outside.

When we reached the tower's training grounds where they were gathered, the bevy of ironclad knights gave way for us. Grand Duke Averill, who was mounting his horse, frowned as he saw me.

"Tch. Of all people, it just had to be her." He commented, not even bothering to hide his disdain. "Is there no other mage available?"

"Eh?" The blue-haired knight who brought me seemed confused by his master's blatant dislike.

"Well, it matters not in the least." Alistair clicked his tongue then looked away from me. "We are about to venture the Forest of Silla this time."

All of the knights prepared for departure.

"Do not let your guard down!" he shouted.

"Yes, Sir!" Everyone said in unison.

"Yohan," The grand duke called while glancing over the blue-haired knight. "Protect the mage."

"Understood, Your Grace."

Alistair looked at me over his shoulder before leading the knights into the forest. Yohan, the one who escorted me, helped me mount on his horse.

"Even if you feel uncomfortable, please bear with it." Yohan politely told me as he got on behind me.

I could only give him a reassuring smile.

He pulled the reins. "Here we go!"

---

Contrary to my expectation, it was uneventful.

There were some low-level monsters like slimes and goblins, but the Forest of Silla was nondescript and there wasn't much of a threat.

Perhaps it was due to the fact that it was located near the tower, where all the mages are situated, thus making it an epicenter of magic particles.

The sun was already setting when we reached a cliff. All of us dismounted from our horses, and for a moment we were all mesmerized by the breathtaking view as the skies faded into yellow.

"Monsters can sense magic. They tend to avoid it." Grand Duke Averill pointed out indifferently.

Unlike all of us, he paid no attention to the sunset, but instead focused on the stretch of forest below.

"We shall explore that area tomorrow." Alistair faced his subordinates. "Good work, everyone."

I heaved out a deep sigh. I came here because I wanted to make contact with him, but I never even got to talk with Alistair. It even felt like he was purposely avoiding me the whole time.

"You must be tired, Miss Allari." Yohan told me.

I only gave him a sheepish smile.

He was about to help me mount the horse when the ground suddenly shook, startling all of us.

"What's happening?"

"Is it a monster?"

"Everyone, stay still!"

Due to the quake, the horses got terrified and went into a frenzy. Amidst the neighing, the horse near me tackled and pushed me on the edge of the cliff.

Wait. It pushed me on the edge of the cliff?

My feet reeled and I lost my footing. Everyone was in a state of panic, so nobody noticed me falling. Since I was mute, I couldn't even scream for help.

"Hey!" Grand Duke Averill shouted at me.

Unfortunately, Alistair tried to grab my hand but failed to reach it in time. I thought I was going to fall alone, but to my horror, he jumped after me.

"Oh, my god! The mage fell!"

"Y-Your Grace!"

This idiot... What the heck is he doing!

"Take my hand!" he shouted as we fell.

I did as he told me and grabbed his hand. With his free arm, Alistair skillfully unsheathed his sword and stabbed the surface of the cliff to momentarily stop us from falling. We did, but only for a while.

"Damn it." Alistair cursed under his breath.

We were too heavy and his sword will break off soon. If we don't do something, we will both fall.

I need to let go. I don't want him to get hurt.

I was just about to free myself from his grip, but Alistair noticed what I was trying to do. He then tightened his hold, refusing to let go of my hand.

"Don't even think about it." His jaw clenched.

My face distorted in panic. Let me go!

"That face of yours is truly infuriating." Alistair said emotionally. "It just won't leave me alone."

Teardrops plopped on my face. He was crying.

Alistair was crying.

At that moment, I realized that his hostility towards me was born from his heartbreak.

That meeting this woman, a splitting image of his dead lover, did not make him happy but hurt him instead. Alistair wanted Isabelle out of his system.

He wanted to erase her from his life.

She was his beginning and his end, the story that he wanted to overwrite but ultimately couldn't.

She was the history that he regrets to have lived.

And I am the history he doesn't want to repeat.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.9K 521 15
[Gabriel x Reader] -𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔- .Alex-13 years old is an anti-social boy who has had PTSD ever since the death of his father. .Zhenzhen- 13...
9.4K 341 52
SYPNOSIS MC was given the opportunity to turn back time and RESTART her life in one condition...SHE NEEDS TO SAVE FIVE PEOPLE FROM THE TRAGEDY OF THE...
4.5K 216 9
❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬...
4.1K 123 11
I possessed a time-limited character Ibelin who has a violent and abusive personality. She is the mother who contributed to the personality breakdown...