Blood Moon: Bought by the Maf...

By SophieSladeBooks

*NOTE: This Story is Complete! When the most powerful Alpha buys me at an underground auction, I never drea... More

Chapter 1: I'll Stand and Fight
Chapter 2: I Owed Him My Life
Chapter 3: Fate
Chapter 4: Mate
Chapter 5: Auction
Chapter 6: What I'm Capable Of
Chapter 7: Submit
Chapter 8: My Queen
Chapter 9: Protection
Chapter 10: A Feisty Woman
Chapter 11: Pain and Pleasure
Chapter 12: But I Could Dream
Chapter 13: Gone
Chapter 14: My Mate and Queen
Chapter 15: We'll Just Have to See About That
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Luna
Chapter 18: It was Going to be Tough
Chapter 19: The Hunt
Chapter 20: The Quiet Before the Storm
Chapter 21: A Veiled Threat
Chapter 22: Nothing More, Nothing Less
Chapter 23: Makeover
Chapter 24: Pull of the Mate
Chapter 25: Caged
Chapter 26: Much to Learn
Chapter 27: Taming His Mate
Chapter 28: Domination and Compromise
Chapter 29: A Battle of Wills
Chapter 30: Pleasure
Chapter 31: Answers
Chapter 32: Warning
Chapter 33: Plan of Attack
Chapter 34: Faceoff
Chapter 35: Impending Attack
Chapter 36: The Dons
Chapter 37: Getting Even
Chapter 38: A Dangerous Man
Chapter 39: Stamina
Chapter 40: Taking a Stand
Chapter 41: Unwanted Surprise
Chapter 42: The Past Should Stay in the Past
Chapter 43: Adan is Mine
Chapter 44: Shameless
Chapter 45: Sneak Attack
Chapter 46: A Special Evening
Chapter 47: Equality and Power
Chapter 48: A Day of Glamour
Chapter 49: Moon Goddess
Chapter 50: A Member of the Pack
Chapter 51: Standoff
Chapter 52: A Battle of Wills
Chapter 53: Pride
Chapter 54: Love You Would Die For
Chapter 55: Unexpected Visit
Chapter 56: A Blast from the Past
Chapter 57: Questions
Chapter 58: A Romantic Moment
Chapter 59: Announcement
Chapter 60: Let Him
Chapters 61: Plans
Chapter 62: Famous Last Words
Chapter 63: Fletcher
Chapter 64: Playtime
Chapter 65: Threats and Favors
Chapter 66: In a Heartbeat
Chapter 67: Want and Need
Chapter 68: Moving On
Chapter 69: Goodbyes Are Never Easy
Chapter 70: Somewhere in Time
Chapter 71: Not a Morning Person
Chapter 72: Wake Up Call
Chapter 73: Spells
Chapter 74: A Plan and a Warning
Chapter 75: Trust
Chapter 76: Attack
Chapter 77: Escape 1
Chapter 78: Escape 2
Chapter 79: Once a Traitor, Always a Traitor
Chapter 80: You Are Mine
Chapter 81: Missing
Chapter 82: Truth
Chapter 83: Betrayal and Trust
Chapter 84: One Taste
Chapter 85: One Step Closer
Chapter 86: Challenge
Chapter 87: The Battle Raged On
Chapter 88: Aftermath
Chapter 89: Love is Love
Chapter 90: Forever
Chapter 91: Blood Moon
Chapter 92: A Quick Learner
Chapter 93: Take me... Please
Chapter 94: Mates
Chapter 95: My Mate
Chapter 96: Nothing Else Mattered
Chapter 98: Aftermath
Chapter 99: Magic
Chapter 100: Neverafter
Chapter 101: Shot
Chapter 102: Everafters

Chapter 97: Death Wish

307 16 0
By SophieSladeBooks

Adan

Ring, ring, ring!

I opened my eyes, and it was still dark outside.

Ring, ring, ring!

Then everything hit me at once and I was suddenly wide awake. I sat up and quickly slid my phone from the nightstand and answered it. "Talk to me."

"Alpha, there's been a breach!" Wyatt yelled at the other end of the phone as soon as I answered. "We're under attack! They're coming over the wall!"

I sat straight up in bed, trying to get my bearings. My eyes shot over to the clock, and it was three o'clock in the morning. "Wyatt, sound the alarm! I'm on my way." I threw my phone on the nightstand.

"What's going on?" Brenna sat up, her eyes half-mast.

"Stay here." I jumped out of bed and slipped on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. "Don't leave this suite, no matter what you hear. The castle is under attack." I gave her a quick kiss, my eyes filled with worry. "Make sure the sliding glass doors are locked as well as the door to your suite. Stay inside, and don't go onto the terrace. I'll be back as soon as I can. Don't worry. The guards will still be posted outside your door, so don't go anywhere!"

I slipped into my boots, grabbed my sword off the wall, and rushed out, locking the door behind me. "Guard your Queen! Do not leave your post!" I yelled over my shoulder to the guards posted outside our door.

"Aye!" They yelled in unison behind me as I rushed past.

I headed down the stairs, taking two at a time. When I reached the first floor, young warriors stood inside, their eyes wide, swords in hand. They had no business being out on the castle grounds where the actual fighting was taking place.

"Stay inside and defend the castle!" If the castle is breached, we'll need all the help we can get, but I didn't want them on the front lines.

"Aye!" They yelled at once.

Through the glass doors. To my surprise, Lycans and wolf-shifters were coming over the wall. My Pack Warriors were waiting in the courtyard but were sorely outnumbered.

Yanking the phone out of my pocket, I texted nine-one-one to Nikoa, Alpha of the Silver Star Pack. It was a code we had between us. If either of us texted that to the other, we were to come—prepared for a full-scale attack—no questions asked. I just hoped that Hailey hadn't turned him against me.

But I quickly pushed the thought aside as I shoved the phone back into my pocket and raced onto the lawn filled with Lycans and Arctic wolves, as well as Mason, Dominic, and Dane Dawson, the Lycan.

I now knew why he had killed his roommate. Colin probably discovered that Dane was a mole for the Snow Warrior Pack and Dane killed him for it.

His eyes locked with mine and his snout suddenly elongated as primitive fangs protruded from his mouth, reaching down past his chin as black fur sprouted all over him. He ripped his shirt off as his body grew along with his claws, his legs that of a wolf, even though he was still standing on two legs.

Dane wasn't the only one. There were many others.

No wonder Darius was so convinced he could beat me and take over this area as Alpha Supreme.

"Do not let anyone in the castle!" I yelled at two warriors, already standing guard at the top of the stairs beside the huge glass doors. "Fortify the castle!"

"Aye!" they yelled, already on guard, their swords drawn, prepared to fight. One of them ran inside and suddenly huge metal sheets erupted from within the castle walls, covering all of the windows and doors.

I made my way through the fighting on the field, taking a Lycan's head off as I passed, looking for Conner. If he wanted a war, then he just got one. And he was going to pay the ultimate price, along with Dane, Mason, and Dominic... but Conner was going to be the first to die.

I spotted him near the main gates with guards standing before him. The coward had sent his men to fight along with the Lycans in his stead and held some back guards for himself.

"Conner Snow!" I yelled, running my sword through a wolf who jumped in front of me, my arms flexing with the effort. The warrior fell, revering back to his human form, his eyes already fixed before he hit the ground. "Stop this now unless you want to die today!"

"Give me my father, and I'll order my men to stand down!" he yelled, donning his fighting stance as three men stood before him. Yes, it was easy to be brave when standing behind other warriors.

"Never! Your father will pay for his crimes! He was responsible for my parents' deaths and the attack on Brenna's Pack! There's no way I'm going to just let that go!"

When I drew near, one of his men reared back his sword and brought it down at me hard, but I caught it with my blade and twisted it out of his hands. Then I ran him through just as one of the other guards leaped toward me in his wolf form. I stabbed him through the heart in mid-air. He immediately reverted back to his human form just as he hit the ground. Now, there was only one guard left standing between Conner and me.

"Do you really want to die today?" I asked Conner's guard, tilting my head to the side.

"If that's what is asked of me," he replied, his eyes filled with resolve. From his stance, he was from the old guard and experienced.

"Then so be it." I brought my sword down hard at his head, but he caught it with his blade and twisted out of it. Obviously, he was more of a fighter than the other two warriors. I lunged toward him, and he turned away and sliced my arm. Pain filled my body, but I saw nothing but red. I had to end this... now.

I brought my blade down hard over and again as the battle raged around us, but he blocked each of my blows and twisted his sword, attempting to unarm me, but I was having none of it. Using all my strength, I brought my sword down on him repeatedly as fast as I could, and he caught every strike. But then he turned right when he should have gone left, and my sword went right through his shoulder, nearly cutting off his arm.

He howled in pain as his arm hung uselessly at his side.

"Yield," I panted, my eyes flaring as I moved to the right, trying to get to Conner, but the warrior pitted himself between us, even in his weakened state.

"Never." His breaths came quickly as blood gushed down his arm. Even though he was a wolf, he wouldn't live long if he continued to fight.

"Why are you willing to die for him?" I pointed my blade toward Conner. "A selfish, spoiled child without honor?"

"How dare you?" Conner yelled, but his warrior and I both ignored him.

"I owe my life to his father, Darius," he breathed, "and you will not kill his son. Not while I still have breath in my body."

"His son should have thought about that before he invaded my castle with an army." I ran my sword through his chest, bringing him close. "It didn't have to be this way, Warrior." Then I twisted the blade while still in his chest, and he drew his last breath. I held him as he died and slowly placed his lifeless body on the ground. He deserved no less than my respect, having died an honorable death.

Now, there was nothing standing between Conner and me as I walked purposefully toward him. "You must really have a death wish."

***

A/N: So, what do you think will happen next? Comment below. :-) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 772 63
JAREK She's an abomination-a constant thorn in my side. She has no right to be sheltered so closely by my mother and father, the alpha and luna of th...
218K 10K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
42 0 25
Empire is saved, but the world is still in danger. Kairos Empire: I joined forces with my aunts to drive out the demon king, Uruk'Zu, but we lost Pho...
2K 242 12
A human took everything from her. To escape the pain and heart wrenching emotions of loss, she fled into her wolf form and into the wilderness. She v...