Chapter 87: The Battle Raged On

Adan

Motioning Knox over, I held his sword out to him but didn't release it. "Protect the Luna at all costs."

He nodded once. "With my life."

I took off my suit coat and handed it to Brenna. "Don't worry. I'll be fine."

A delicate smile lit her lips. "I know you will. Good luck."

Darius laughed, his voice resonating over the practice field. "Are we going to fight or continue to say our last goodbyes?"

"Are you in that big of a hurry to die?" I smirked as I turned to face him, donning my fighting stance.

Darius lunged for me, but I easily dodged his advance, swinging my sword, aiming for his head, but he swiftly moved out of the way and swept my feet. But I jumped back, quickly turned, and went for his head. Then he ducked and lunged toward me, and I swung my sword at him, but he caught it with his blade and twisted out of it.

I brought my sword down hard again and again, relentless and then twirled my sword around his in an effort to take it, but he swung out of it.

He advanced toward me fast and hard, causing me to step backward into the crowd. Then when he got close enough, he lunged toward Brenna, but Knox caught his blade and pulled her safely behind him.

"Darius!" I yelled, rage filling every fiber of my being. "Your fight is with me! Leave her out of this!"

"One way or another, I will see that she pays for what she did!" Darius spat, marching toward Brenna again.

"As Brenna said, your Mate died bravely in battle!" I pulled him back by the collar and threw him across the practice ring as I marched toward him. "Do not disgrace your Mate's memory and honor by killing the warrior who bested her!"

"Bested her?" Darius shouted, jumping to his feet in one leap. "The bitch ripped out her spine! Do you call that honorable?"

"Yes," I countered, pitting myself between Brenna and him. "It was in the heat of battle, and she was fighting you when your Mate jumped her. She was outnumbered and fighting hard. And as they say, all's fair in love and war."

"Oh-kay...." Darius nodded, drawing out the word as he pulled out a hidden dagger and threw it at Brenna.

"No!" I screamed, darting toward her, but I couldn't get there in time. "No, Brenna!"

Before she could move, Knox jumped in front of her and took the blade in the chest, falling into Brenna's arms.

"Bring him inside!" Magenta yelled, clearing the way. "Quickly!"

"Take Brenna with you!" I yelled over the chaos.

"No!" Brenna ran toward me, but Riley grabbed her around the waist and carried her toward Magenta, kicking and screaming.

"Hold my hand!" Magenta yelled as Laura leaped toward her, but Brenna knocked her out of the way, and Riley grabbed Magenta's hand as he held Brenna. "Traiceret my suite!"

Laura was thrown backward as wind rushed in creating a tornado of gold, white, and silver sparkles.

"No!" Brenna yelled as they disappeared into the swirling wind.

"You will pay for that with your life!" I marched toward Darius. "Let's do this once and for all."

"Yes...." His body began to shimmer and shake as his face started to elongate and his legs grew longer. "Let's finish this!" He threw down his sword and leaped at me as a pure white wolf.

I sliced his leg, and crimson blood flooded over his snow-white fur as he howled in pain. I let the red haze with black edges overtake my vision as shimmers ran down my spine, my body morphing. I leaped and landed on him, my black paws crushing his chest and throat.

He sank his teeth into my front paw, and I pulled away, but not quickly enough. Blood ran down my fur, leaving pawprints in blood behind as I walked. I charged at him as he dove at me, but I went low and flipped him over my back and then thrust my front paws onto his neck, holding him in place.

I let the shimmers go down my spine. When I looked down, my hands held his throat. "Yield!" I yelled, holding him down, preventing his escape. "Yield or die!"

His body shimmered, morphing back into his human form. "I will never yield!"

"Then you'll die!" I had both hands around his throat, ready to twist his head off with my bare hands when I remembered that Magenta had slipped something into my pocket. Although I had shredded my clothes, I looked in the remnants and a silver wristband was lying nearby.

"No!" Darius yelled as I slapped it onto his wrist, preventing him from morphing again.

"Guards, take him to the dungeon!" I stood as several of my guards grabbed his arms. "Darius, you will stand trial for your crimes against Brenna's Pack, my father's death, and hard telling how many other Packs you attacked!"

"You'll never get away with this!" Darius screamed as my guards dragged him away. "Snow Warrior Pack, attack!"

His son stepped forward. "Father, you gave us orders not to interfere, so according to the laws of war, we can do nothing."

Darius was still screaming as they took him away.

I turned to face both Packs. "Your leader, Darius Snow, has now been defeated! Our bargain was that the winner would take all, so the Snow Warrior Pack is now mine to do with as I see fit! You can choose to stay in my Pack, but the Snow Warrior Pack is now mine!"

"No, it isn't!" Darius' son yelled as he turned to face everyone present. "I am Conner Snow, son of Darius and Marcia Snow, and the Snow Warrior Pack is my legacy! It's my birthright! My father had no right to wager it in a fight!"

"He had every right," Wade said, stepping forward. "That was what we all had agreed to, and we will uphold the decision."

"Well, I don't intend to give it up!" Conner growled, addressing everyone. "Especially not to the bitch who killed my mother! Attack!"

"Defend the castle!" I yelled, leaping toward my sword. I grabbed it and thrust it into the chest of a wolf jumping toward me. Shimmers ran through my body as I leaped into my wolf form, my black paws touching down in a dead run.

Around me, the battle raged on as I stepped on the throat of another wolf and ripped his head off with my teeth. Then I shoved my muzzle into the chest of another and ripped out his heart.

Some warriors fought in their wolf form, while others fought in their human form. I glanced over and Riley was fighting off two wolves... and losing. I quickly jumped over Riley while grabbing the head of the wolf with his back to me and ripped it off. He immediately reverted back into his human form as his head lulled to the side, his eyes fixed as blood gushed from his neck.

Conner must have sounded the retreat in the Snow Warrior Pack Mind because all of the wolves in his Pack suddenly took off running toward the front gate, and jumped over, clearing it with ease as my men followed. The castle walls couldn't be raised soon enough.

The red haze with black edges colored my vision, and my body shook as I pulled myself back together into my human form.

"The battle is over!" I announced. "Moon Shadow Pack Warriors, bring any stragglers from the Snow Warrior Pack to the dungeon to await judgment!"

"Aye!" everyone yelled at once. Then my thoughts quickly went to Brenna as I ran toward the door, hoping she made it safely inside.

***

A/N: Yikes! Do you think Knox will live? Comment below and let me know!

If you'd like to read ahead, this story is already complete on my Patreon! 

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=82904554