Falling For You

By ExoticInk_

{COMPLETED} ๐๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ! ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven - Final

Chapter Four

2 0 0
By ExoticInk_

The next morning, Arcturus awoke. He kicked his small blanket off his body and stood up with a small stretch. He wandered over to his small cupboard, changing into more appropriate clothing which was just his green tunic and battle gear before grabbing his quiver, bow, arrows and his sword and twin blades. He knew he was probably over prepared but you never know what one journey may lead you.

As he descended from the staircase, he came face to face with his mother, who was smiling at her son. A smile full of support. Remi was standing at her mother's feet, which surprised Arcturus. Remi hated having to get up early. She preferred to stay in her room until the late hours of the morning.

"Goodbye, Naneth and Remi. I love you both and I will see you soon. I promise." Arcturus smiled at his family. Remi gave him the biggest smile ever.

"Goodbye, Arty!" Remi smiled, jumping into her brother's arms, one last time. Lorelei smiled and kissed her son's forehead.

Arcturus smiled before running off to the Halls of Thranduil, however he came face to face with Legolas before he could make it to the king.

"Arcturus! Le Abdollen." (Arcturus! You're late.) He spoke with a smile. Arcturus mentally panicked for a second, his eyes slightly widening.

"Sorry." Arcturus scratched the back of his head, sheepishly. He gave the prince an apologetic look as he returned to his 'at ease' stance.

"I was messing with you. We are both an hour early." Legolas' grin widened when he saw Arcturus visibly relax, a fake offended look on his face.

"You scared me."

"I know."

Arcturus sighed and shook his head in amusement as Legolas' smirk doubled. The two wandered the Halls for an hour, talking about various subjects to get to know each mother more before they were called to start the patrol. Legolas had his own team to lead and Arcturus had his so they had to separate.

Arcturus found Tauriel, his best and only friend in Mirkwood. The rest of his friends lived in Imladris or Lothlorien.

Tauriel seemed like she was already prepared for patrol, her quiver was full, her armour was on and she had everything in her satchels and sheaths.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Tauriel joked, throwing Arcturus extra arrows. Arcturus shook his head as he carefully placed all the arrows inside his half-full quiver.

"I was talking with Prince Legolas." Arcturus shot Tauriel a smile before leading the group out of the Halls and into the forest, where they met up with Legolas' team.

"Hello, Arcturus." Legolas grinned, shooting the elf a mischievous look.

"I thought you said we were early."

"We were. Our talk made us late."

Arcturus rolled his eyes. He'd only just met the prince and he was already making him late for important things.

"Come on, if we find a nest on the way, we have to destroy it so no unfortunate souls have to face them." Legolas grabbed Arcturus's arm lightly and led him in the northern direction. Arcturus gestured for his team to follow them.

The group did in fact run into a rather large spider nest. They began to fight it off, still looking for the dwarves. Arcturus heard shouting from a distance and left Tauriel to kill the last spider in their area.

Arcturus jumped from tree to tree like in his training before swinging down using a web, he noticed Legolas sliding under a spider, slicing it from underneath before pointing his armed bow at the company of dwarves.

Arcturus landed beside the prince, also aiming his bow at them. The other Wood Elves came down from the trees and pointed their weapons at the dwarves so now the short people were cornered.

The dwarves seemed to recognise Arcturus as they gave him strange looks, especially at his raised bow. Arcturus merely raised his eyebrows back at them.

"Do not think I won't kill you, Dwarf. It would be my pleasure." Legolas frowned down at them, the leader glared straight back at him though. Arcturus slightly lowered his bow, making eye contact with Rae, he looked scared- like he lost something or someone again. Arcturus counted the dwarves. There was only fourteen- one was missing. Arcturus suddenly turned towards screaming, much like everyone did.

"Kili!" A familiar young blonde dwarf yelled to his brother. The black haired archer was being attacked by a rather small pack of spiders before Tauriel leapt down and began to kill them. Arcturus left the prince's side and began to help. He shot spider after spider, making sure most of them were dead.

"Throw me a dagger! Quick!" Kili yelled, frantically, Tauriel frowned at the dwarf. Arcturus merely raised his eyebrows at both of them as he stabbed a spider between the eyes.

"If you think I'm giving you a weapon, Dwarf, you are mistaken!" Tauriel growled and continued shooting the spiders with her brunette friend. She turned around and threw a dagger at the spider that was gonna kill Kili, killing it in seconds.

Once the spiders were dead, Tauriel pushed the short dwarf to the others, the elves surrounded the dwarves once more and Arcturus returned to his spot next to Legolas.

"Search them!" The prince said, lowering his bow as the elves searched the dwarves for weapons. Legolas took a locket from a red headed dwarf.

"Hey! Give that back! That's private!" The dwarf growled in response. Legolas only raised his eyebrows, looking at one of the two pictures inside.

"Who is this? Your brother?" He questioned, with genuine confusion. The dwarf frowned.

"That is my wife!" The dwarf countered, Arcturus had to bite his lip to keep himself from laughing. He was stood beside Fili, who was also looking at the two of them, he looked a little offended.

"And what is this horrid creature? A Goblin Mutant?" Legolas continued, looking at the other picture. The dwarf, who was beginning to grow angry, shook his head.

"That's my wee lad, Gimli!" The red headed dwarf replied, defensively. He didn't like this elf insulting his kin.

"Alright, hand over your weapons." Arcturus grinned down at the unimpressed looking dwarf as he began reluctantly handing over his weapons. He handed the elf a few daggers and a sword. Arcturus raised his eyebrows, sheathing the sword in his own belt.

"Sooo.. hello, Arcturus." Fili grinned, Arcturus still looked quite unimpressed as he looked down at the young dwarf.

"Fili."
Fili's grin widened at the elf, who only rolled his eyes. Arcturus continued taking weapons from the blonde dwarf, who sighed every time he would find a "hidden" weapon.

Tauriel frowned, she had finished taking the weapons from a dwarf and pulled Legolas away from the dwarves for a moment to talk.

"Gyrth in yngyl bain?" (Are the spiders dead?) Legolas asked, looking at the red headed she-elf.

"Ennorner gwanod in yngyl na nyr(y)n. nan yr(y)n. E(n)gain nar." (Yes, but more will come. They are growing bolder.) Tauriel replied, looking around at the trees. Trees that were covered in webs and looked quite dead as well.

One of the elves handed Legolas a sword they had taken from the leader. He stared down at it with a deep frown, observing the sword.

Arcturus gave Fili a concerned look as the dwarf handed him even more weapons. He almost laughed as Fili took a dagger out of his boot.

Rae was being searched by an elf named Callan, he didn't seem to be too pleased by the amount of poking and prodding that was going on. Mera was, fortunately, being searched by Daena - who was a lot more gentler.

"Callan. Be gentle. They're not spiders, they're dwarves." Arcturus scolded, taking a dagger from Fili's jacket. Callan grumbled and begrudgingly started being more gentle towards Rae, who smiled in appreciation at Arcturus.

"Echannen i vegil hen vin Gondolin. Magannen nan Gelydh." (This is an ancient Elvish blade. Forged by my kin.) Legolas quietly spoke before frowning and looking at the dwarf leader.

"Where did you get this?" He asked in English. Arcturus looked at Tauriel with a look of help. Tauriel only smirked and waved as Fili continued to pile weapons into his arms.

"How many weapons does one dwarf need?" Arcturus questioned as he counted each one, Fili smiled innocently up at him. As if he didn't carry like fifty murder weapons.

"Well, I don't know. How many weapons does one elf need?" Fili shot back, a smirk on his face. Arcturus smirked back down at him.

"Usually only two."

"And yet, you carry four."

"And you carry more than ten."

"Touché."

The attention was brought back to Legolas and Thorin as the elven prince pointed the blade at the dwarf prince. Mera looked like she wanted to murder Legolas right here right now. Arcturus stepped forward, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"He won't hurt him, I promise." He whispered, Mera only nodded in return. She wasn't fully convinced by Arcturus's claim, her hand had curled into a fist.

"Not just a thief, but a liar as well." Legolas growled. He signalled for the elves to take the dwarves back to the kingdom. He was leading the way with Arcturus who had given Fili's weapons to one of the other elves.

"Remind me to never go search a dwarf for weapons again. How many are there anyway?" Arcturus questioned, looking back at the short folk. He started to count each one, he nodded in satisfaction as he founded a good fifteen before turning back to Legolas. The prince smirked down at him as they walked, with a small shake of his head.

Arcturus looked back at the dwarves again. He did not see the little hobbit that was with them when they were at Rivendell.

"Did you not count them? There are fifteen altogether.. unless we left some behind." Legolas replied, Arcturus shook his head, grinning. Legolas smiled at him, wrapping his arms around the shorter elf in a quick side hug.

Fifteen, Arcturus frowned as he looked over at the short folk. They were missing one. They were missing the hobbit. Surely, Arcturus could slip away and find him. He just needed the right moment.

"Holo in ennyn!" (Close the gates!) Legolas ordered, the dwarves were all in cells, while Tauriel led the black haired archer, who they now knew was Kili, to the cell. After a moment, Tauriel left the dwarf and returned to Arcturus and Legolas. Legolas frowned.

"I Nogoth... amman e tîr gin, Tauriel?" (Why does the Dwarf stare at you, Tauriel?) Legolas asked, looking kind of heartbroken. Arcturus leant against the wall, raising his eyebrows. I mean, sure- Arcturus kind of liked the prince but he also loved his drama more. Plus he knew about Kili and Rae's love for each other.

"Ú-dangada? E orchal be Nogoth...pedithig?" (Who can say? He is quite tall for a Dwarf. Do you not think?) Tauriel replied, Arcturus turned his questioning look to the she-elf. She does know he's in a relationship with Rae, didn't she?

"Orchal eb vui... mal uvanui en." (Taller than some, but no less ugly.) Legolas responded, Arcturus snorted at the elf, laughing quietly. He turned his head back towards the dwarves in the cells, making eye contact with the blonde dwarf before quietly made his way over.

"They're talking about us, aren't they?" He asked him, gesturing to the two elves behind him. Arcturus looked down at him and grinned.

"You? No. One of you? Yes." He replied, Fili raised his eyebrows in annoyance.

"Well, which one?" He asked, sneakily trying to take one of Arcturus's daggers.

"The black haired archer. Your brother, Kili." Arcturus responded, slapping Fili's hands away from his weapons. The elf reached in and took one last dagger that was hidden in Fili's coat, causing the dwarf to groan.
"You are not so good at being steathy." Fili silently cursed at the elf, who was laughing at his misfortune. Arcturus turned to see Legolas roll his eyes and walk out of the cell room, it made him frown a bit - maybe in worry.

Tauriel turned to do the same but Arcturus grabbed ahold of her arm - pulling her closer so he could speak to her without eavesdroppers.

"Kili, the one you seem so interested in. He's in a relationship with the other one, Rae." Arcturus said, quietly. He glanced at Kili, who was sharing a cell with Rae. They were cuddling up close- as it was kind of cold in the dungeons.

Tauriel rolled her eyes, playfully. Arcturus grabbed ahold of his drink, that he had taken from Legolas' bag.

"I know. I'm in love with a she-elf from Imladris, Arcturus. We've been together for a while now." Tauriel answered, a lovesick look on her face. Arcturus raised his eyebrows. He had recalled the conversation between his friends a week prior.

"Who?" He asked, taking a sip from Legolas' bottle.

"Her name is Adreanna."

Arcturus spat his drink out, coughing as he choked on the remains. Tauriel found his reaction to the news rather amusing as she patted his back.

"You mean, Adreanna? From Imladris? The very Adreanna I had gone to visit weeks ago?" Arcturus grabbed Tauriel by her arms and looked her straight in the eye.

"Yes. That Adreanna. Is it really that surprising?" Tauriel winked as she walked away, more towards the cells to watch the prisoners. Arcturus gaped at Tauriel before he shook his head and ran off- he waved goodbye to his favourite four dwarves first though.

Arcturus ran to his family's chambers, opening the door and dumping his weapons down, he had frozen when he realised he still had Fili's sword but shrugged and left it with his own weapons.

"Naneth! Remi!" The house was quiet for a moment before the sounds of running feet coming from the staircase and in a matter of seconds, Arcturus had a small elfling in his arms, giving him a huge hug.

"I missed you!" Remi squealed, tightening her grip around Arcturus's neck. Arcturus smiled at the brown haired elfling.

"I missed you too, Rem."
Arcturus spent the next hour or so playing games with his little sister. Remi loved playing with her big brother, she always took every opportunity to play with him in between his patrols and hunts.

Arcturus, and he'd proudly admit it, loved playing with his little sister too. He loved her creativity with tea parties and other little games she came up with. It was a nice break from the hunts and allowed him to spend time with his sister. Much needed time.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door. It startled Remi, who dove into Arcturus's arms and hid her face into her brother's tunic. Lorelei shook her head in amusement at her daughter's reaction before she stood up from her seat and walked to the door to greet whoever was there.

"Prince Legolas. What do we owe the honour?" Lorelei questioned, moving to allow the prince to enter. Legolas smiled at the she-elf.

"I came in search of Arcturus. I wish to congratulate him on the successful hunt... But also ask for assistance as the dwarves have escaped." Lorelei raised her eyebrows but turned in the direction of a doorway.

"Arty! You are required out here."

"Coming, Naneth."

Moments later, Arcturus emerged from the doorway, he was in different robes, more comfortable ones and his brown hair was out of its braids. He still had Remi in his arms, who had hidden her face away.

"I apologise, Arcturus. But the dwarves have escaped from our custody. The king wants us to capture them once again." Legolas gave Arcturus an apologetic smile as the elf made an inaudible groan.

"Alright, Prince Legolas. I will meet you out at the front gates soon."

"Actually, I might wait for you here."

Arcturus sighed, highly amused. He placed Remi back on the floor, who ran behind her mother before he ran up the staircase that was behind the door and out of sight. Lorelei turned to Legolas, who was grinning at her son's descending figure. She gave a slight smirk before folding her arms.

"How many dwarves were there?" Lorelei asked, turning to face the prince as Remi climbed up into her mother's arms. Legolas turned and smiled reassuringly.

"Only fifteen. They did not state their business though." Legolas explained, Lorelei nodded. Legolas turned to Remi, who hid her face shyly into her mother's neck and gave her a smile.

"Alright. I wish you both luck, Greenleaf." Legolas smiled before looking up as Arcturus came down, a dagger in his mouth as he finished braiding his hair as he walked.

"Bye, Naneth. Bye Remi." Arcturus smiled, his little sister made big wavy hands to him. He smiled and planted a small kiss to her forehead. Remi smiled brightly as Arcturus followed Legolas out.

"I love you, Arty!"

"Goodbye, Little Star." Lorelei murmured, grabbing ahold of Remi's small hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 4.2K 89
*This is a Hobbit fanfiction* Iridian is a girl who was orphaned, living with a dwarf. One day, Thorin comes to her and her guardian, saying it's ti...
1K 79 14
Thirty years after the events of The Hobbit, Legolas heeds his father's words to go north and find a wanderer named Strider. However, his search for...
8.7K 314 21
COMPLETED story with a SEQUEL; "A Permanent Lineage" *Over 34+ chapters overall! "...She had dreamt of what his lips would feel and taste like for...
24.9K 688 25
Legolas and Tauriel were friends ever since childhood.But as they grow older,Legolas realizes for the first time..he needs more.Will he be able to ad...