The Mark of the Moon

By LittlePumpkinWriter

The Mona Empire has lived an era of peace and harmony until Krian, a girl gifted to summon Death, comes into... More

Introduction
Writer's Note
| Copyright |©
1 | The Pack Oracle Sees Flowers Falling
2 | To Protect The Child You Love
3 | Life With Predators
4 | The Pack War and the Gray Wolf
5 | A Glimpse of True Power
6 | How to be Human?
7 | The Manifestation of Curses
8 | The New World
9 | House of Knowledge
10 | The First Pillar
Writer's Note
11 | The Desolation of Rouges
12 | Vampir Ultimatum
13 | Royal Curse
14 | Feast of the Crimson Prince
16 | The Guardian of the Walls
17 | Cross Paths
18 | The Mermaid in Elision
19 | The Princess Charming
20 | Home of Silverette
21 | Confrontations of Bloodlines
22 | Honey-Colored Gem
23 | She Who Calls Demons
24 | The Source of Power
25 | The Wrath of Sorrows
26 | King of Jewels

15 | Taste of the Future

16 1 0
By LittlePumpkinWriter

15 | Taste of the Future

LUNATIC

Andros' POV

The rest of the evening was spent with my friends enjoying the ball and having drinks. Clans enjoyed the party and drank wine, prosperity was in the air as well as the promise of a better union now that I was back. As I followed my friends who were laughing and giggling in the large hallway of our castle, I noticed a couple of vampires eyeing us with scrutiny. Not wanting to make my friends notice their ugly frowns, I walked behind them more slowly making me fall behind.

I pushed my body to get larger, my shadow under the moonlight grew bigger. Vampires gasped as my eyes glowed red, shooting them a threat with my fangs flashed to them in threat. Looking down at them, I could easily squish them like insignificant insects.

"Your Highness." They acknowledged me, bowing respectfully and I walked more proudly, catching up with my friends who were still naive of what just happened behind them.

"Thank you for this night, Andros. We really had fun." Solstice smiled, opening her door to her own room.

"I'm glad you did."

"Good night... or should I say good morning." She laughed again and her laughter bounced against the walls of the castle.

"Have a good rest, Solstice." I watched her enter her room before closing the door. I quickly ran to catch up to Taylor who was already saying good night to his sister.

"You had fun?" I asked them and Krian nodded with a sparkle in her eyes. She seemed to have enjoyed the evening and finally relaxed in the sea of vampires in the ballroom.

"Thanks for this night, Andros. You threw a great party." Taylor patted my back, a habit he began to do with me. I didn't mind. It was nice to have some brotherly bond again.

"Thank you. Have a good rest, you two. I will arrange for things to be searched for again."

"Good night, Andros!" Krian smiled at me and I grinned widely, signing good night back to her. Once her door was closed, I noticed my friend visibly relaxed, releasing a deep breath.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him as we continued down the hall. His room was next to his sister. He requested it when we arrived and I completely understood that he didn't want to be separated from his sister who's been a beacon of all trouble for the past week.

"I'm fine. Just tired." He rubbed his eyes and yawned loudly. "You? Aren't you tired yet?" He looked at me with his sleepy eyes. I shrugged not feeling the fatigue of today's event.

"Nah. I'm good. I'm used to working in the hospital so having a grand ball here is not a big deal."

"Lucky you." He chuckled and I laughed with him.

"You're a good person, Andros. Hope your clan knows that. They're kinda judgmental." He commented which made me laugh again.

"You have no idea how high their expectations are from me. It's suffocating." We arrived in front of the large door of his room. He twisted the knob and pushed it open.

"I have one question." He asked, turning to face me.

"What will you tell your parents and the whole kingdom if you are going to leave them again?" I froze on my spot and held my breath. He asked the question I have been avoiding all week and it was a blow in the face hearing about it.

"You know we cannot stay here and wait... They just welcomed you back. How will your kingdom react to you leaving them again?" He began to loosen his cufflinks as he talked. I sighed in defeat.

"They will understand. It won't hurt to leave again for a few months." I scratched my head. He only nodded at me.

"Let me know if you need anything, Andros. Good night." He sent me a smile; a smile that didn't light up his face and instead gave me the feeling he regretted asking that question.

"Good night..."

***

It's been a day since the ball has ended and everything has gone back to normal. Vampires across the world have already heard about the return of their prince and rumors of me ascending the throne have been constant in the corridors and halls of the castle. It consumed me wildly like a snake swallowing its prey whole. I was not ready yet to replace my father. I was here to know more about the prophecy; not to become the King.

"So based on your past experiences, the mark manifests or shows when Krian is around them, yes?" Mother paced the room, her heels clicking on the rich marble floor while her . We were in Krian's room not wanting anyone to be suspicious of us. I couldn't risk having people panic over misinformation and unwanted prejudice.

"That's what we have observed so far, Your Highness." Taylor replied beside me. He took a peek behind the closed curtains of the room and he was cautious as he looked out of the large windows overlooking the castle backyard. We assured him earlier that no vampire would come snooping around since we're in the middle of the day but he was so overprotective and overly cautious that he kept watch.

"Andros has dreamt about the mark. Solstice received hers when Krian touched her. You still don't have your marks?" She asked the two siblings. Krian shook her head no.

"Hmmm... Interesting. We need an oracle to guide us more. It's already difficult to identify who is marked within the Empire. Having a vague prophecy isn't much helping your case either." She began to deduce like the queen she was. My father might be a wise king but behind him was a calculative and a smart queen. I have seen her many times helping my father decide which is better for the kingdom. I wasn't regretting on asking for her help now.

"Mother, you know how cruel the members of the High Court are. Superior Advisers will come for Krian's head once they know that she is the cause of the death of the alpha of Ancient Howler Pack." I warned her and she nodded while Solstice gave me a worried look.

"I know but we are going to risk losing our throne if we keep hiding her here. We need to make sure that they fully understand the prophecy and to have that, we need a member of the Superior Advisers and one royal oracle." She began to pace again, her fingers in her chin while she began to think of the possible solutions to the problem.

"What if we tell dad?" I laid out a dangerous suggestion; one that can make my father angry for keeping someone deadly within the empire.

"I have been thinking about that. Are you willing to risk being the receiving end of his anger?" Mother fully understood that a prince should never bring any harm to the kingdom and yet the moment I have come back, I have brought a girl blessed by the Moon Goddess that can level the whole kingdom.

"She can summon an earthquake when she tries to speak?" She pointed her long fingers to the quiet girl who sat on her bed. Krian could only nod again. Judging by the way she clutched her hands around her pillow, she felt intimidated by my own mother.

"Might sound barbaric but would it be easier to prevent any catastrophe if we put something in her mouth?" My mom's suggestion brought a nasty growl from Taylor, his focus now to her. She only laughed, not intimidated one bit by his warning. Waving her hand dismissively at him, she added. "Relax. I am not going to put a gag on your sister, wolf."

"But if something happens, Taylor, we have no choice." Solstice commented in agreement with my mother.

"Not something much of a gag that can hurt her though." I added and Krian looked at me with interest. She was listening and contemplating about it.

"Duct tape?" I tried to joke to which Solstice gasped.

"Andros!" She began to scold. I looked at Taylor who looked like he was going to rip me to shreds with the way his hands clenched into fists.

"Try that and I will make sure no crowned heir will ascend the throne." He gritted his teeth. I burst out laughing while my mother gave him a nasty glare.

"Try and I will thank you if you succeed."

"Andros! Stop that!" My mother came slapping me harshly on the shoulder. She didn't appreciate my jokes, her dark eyes telling me never to joke about my death in front of her ever again.

"Sorry mom."

"I'm sorry, Your Highness." Taylor and I both apologized to her. She huffed out her frustration to the both of us.

"Okay, where were we? Ah yes! It's better to tell my husband about this. It will make everything faster-"

"Cleménce?!" My father suddenly barged into the room. The door slammed harshly on the wall and I was sure it had left a dent on it.

"Right on time!" She grinned, clapping her hands cheerfully.

"Hello, my love!" She greeted my dad with a tight hug before she gave him a peck on the lips. Ugh! I appreciate the display of affection but not when it's my parents showing it. Even at this age, I cringe at it.

"Why are you not sleeping? I thought something wrong had happened!" His voice was laced with worry, his hands cupping my mother's cheeks.

"I am completely fine. The children need me and I am here to help them." She held his hands and pushed him away before she walked back towards us.

"What do you mean they need your help? Is something troubling you?" He asked me. He was less intimidating without his royal suit and crown. Him wearing his normal cotton blue pajamas paired with his black fluffy slippers with golden "K" embroidered on them made him look more human than a vampire.

"Kind of?" I trailed away and he shot me a look with an eyebrow raised.

"Okay okay. I may or may not have brought someone in the kingdom that's in a prophecy..."

"Andros..." He warned, pinching the bridge of his nose with his fingers.

"She's not here to harm anyone. We only want answers." I promised him and he let out a breath before he crossed his arms across his chest.

"Is that why your guests have been basically living in our library the entire time they are here?" He looked at all of my friends. Taylor bowed at him, Solstice gave him an awkward smile while Krian hugged the living shit out of her pillow in fright.

"Honey, you're scaring the poor child." Mom wrapped an arm around his arm and he relaxed.

"Fine. I'm sorry. I am not going to hurt you." He promised. The way he looked at Krian, he meant it more to her than to us. Solstice came to her side and rubbed her back to comfort her.

He then faced me. "Tell me everything right now. Do not hide anything from me."

"You may need to sit down for this." I told him but him and my mother stood their ground.

"Okay fine. If that's what you want." There, in the middle of the day, I told them about our escapade that made my friends fugitives of the state and have committed mass panic in the entire city of New York.

Taylor and Solstice joined me, adding more details about their experiences and knowledge of the current situation we were in. Both of my parents listened attentively with my father casually throwing questions here and there. Once we were finished, silence settled in and the atmosphere changed into a more serious tone.

"You haven't told anyone about this, correct?" He inquired.

"Other than Taylor's parents, no one knows except for those who have been helping them along the way." I answered and he nodded with a hum.

"I have heard about Bella. She's a good witch. Never harmed anyone and has taken so many orphans in the US to her care. Such a shame she's killed by someone who's hunting you down." My mother remarked with a sad smile.

"You know her personally, ma'am-I mean- Your Highness?" Taylor coughed and mom giggled at his mistake.

"Only heard about her, dear. She's a solitary witch. They tend to not share their secrets and live quietly."

"About the prophecy, it's mentioned that there are eleven pillars. Andros and Solstice are marked right now. Do you two have a mark?" My dad asked the siblings.

"We do not have the mark, Your Highness." Taylor answered for both of them.

"Interesting... Considering the situation, let's just say you are the four marked by the Moon Goddess. You need to find the rest. Was there any given time before she kills everyone?"

"I'm sure she's not given the gift if she's going to kill everyone." Solstice objected quickly.

"I agree. We won't be needed if she can just speak, dad."

"Alright. Let's say she won't kill everyone. Why would the Moon Goddess give her the gift of death? What hidden war are we going to fight?"

"That's why we need your help, love." Mom interjected.

"We need to know why she's given this gift, why we're needed by her side and why the Moon Goddess has given such a dangerous job to her children selected to fulfill the prophecy." I added and my friends all agreed.

"I know the empire can handle a simple war but if the Moon Goddess herself has set out to help her children way before something bad happens, we need to take things more seriously." Taylor came to my side and I nodded at him in thanks.

"It's mentioned that the catastrophe will happen during the blood moon, Your Highness. I looked into our calendar and the next blood moon will be in six months' time." My father drew a breath, clearly becoming more anxious at the urgency of the situation.

"Six months... That's a short period of time to prepare. We need all the help we can get. I will have to send a message to the Mona Empire. Having the Empress by our side will give you all the advantage."

"What if someone within the Empire's territory wants her dead?" I asked him cautiously.

"Whoever tries to kill someone blessed by the Moon Goddess herself will face my wrath." My dad promised. His eyes went soft with me. Walking towards me, he patted my head.

"No harm will come to you and your friends. I promise you that." His voice was firm as he spoke, promising his life with us. Fear crept into my bones and made me cold. I knew he meant every word. I knew he didn't want to lose me. He didn't want to lose his only heir to the throne.

More plans were laid out and we have come to the decision to share more vital information with the highest member of the Superior Advisers. He was an old vampire, recluse to his own house near our palace. He has lived the dark ages, centuries of war and peace within the realm and humans. My father has promised us we could trust him but Taylor didn't want Krian being exposed to people so we have decided to make Solstice and Krian stay in their chambers so no one would suspect a thing.

"I will talk to him. No one says a word about this, okay?" Dad advised and we all said yes in unison while Krian nodded.

"Let's go back to bed, love. We will have a long night later." He held my mother's waist gently.

"You, kids, go back to sleep or whatever you are going to do. Leave the rest to us." Mom pointed at each one of us as if we were a bunch of five year olds she's looking after.

"We're not kids anymore, mother." I countered and she let out a laugh.

"Good night!" Dad pulled my mother out of the room while she continued laughing telling us with her age, she still sees us as children.

Another week has passed by. The silence was making me more anxious than I should. No one hated me or my friends. The hospitality of vampires was warm compared to the cold shoulders I have received before I left the kingdom.

The flipping of pages continued. Taylor poured tea on four cups of china while Krian has fallen asleep on the carpeted floor with her book sprawled next to her. Solstice continued to read with stacks upon stacks of books next to her. She sat on the red winged chair with a bright yellow blanket covering her from the waist down.

"Can you quit your pacing? It's annoying." Taylor snapped at me.

"What's wrong? You can't concentrate on making tea, Grand Master?" I retaliated. He quickly growled at me, flashing his canines for me. I just stuck a tongue at him in return.

"You guys! Can you stop fighting for one day? You two are acting like children! I will enable your mother to call you children even if you two are grown men!" Solstice huffed out, standing from her seat. She went to the werewolf and asked for a cup of tea. With her sweet smile, she smiled at him as she got her drink before giving him thanks.

I rolled my eyes annoyingly.

I was about to make another snarky comment when we were disturbed by the knock on the door.

"I'll go get it." I claimed before I fixed myself. Solstice automatically gave me a thumbs up as I always sought her validation whether I looked good or not. I nodded at her before I went and opened the door.

Two guards gave me the salute, their heads bowing in respect to me.

"You Highness," The guard on my right began to speak. "You and Mr. O'Connell have been summoned in the King's study." He announced, his eyes casted downwards to avoid any contact with mine.

"Oh! Okay." I slammed the door afterwards, not wanting to hear more.

"Andros! You shouldn't have done that! Have some manners, will you?! I swear!" Solstice gasped before groaning, rushing to the door to open it again.

"Hi! Sorry. He didn't mean to do that. Are there any more details he should know about?" She asked with charm.

"No ma'am. That would be all."

"Thank you so much!" She waved a hand at them while the two gave her a short bow before they left. Slamming the door, I prepared for her to tear my ear off.

"You are a fucking Prince, Andros! You should treat your staff better." She scolded me with the point of a finger. I raised my hands in surrender for her and sighed.

"They can earn my respect if they can earn it. They've been shit to me before. Just because I am back, I am going to tolerate their fake asses." I rolled my eyes, dropping my hands down.

"Alright, let's go Taylor. We don't want dad to wait for us." I gestured to the tea master who poured his sister a cup of tea. He placed the teapot on the golden tray and took his green apron off.

"I'll be right back." He patted his sister's head gently before coming towards me.

"Will my clothes be presentable enough in front of your dad?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Yeah yeah. You're good, man." I waved a hand at him. He went with the fashion of wearing a long white shirt that had loose sleeves that looked like bells when worn. A white jabot decorated his neck with his royal blue pin placed proudly in the middle of it. He paired it with black pants and polished black shoes. If he wasn't a werewolf, he could fit right into our kingdom. The ladies didn't bother to dress up with them already in their pink sleep dresses the palace has provided for them. We didn't take long before we left the ladies under the guard of two royal guards by the door.

The walk to my father's study room was quiet but heavy tension loomed over us. Vampires bowed to us, stopping from whatever they were doing to give us respect. With each stride that we took, my head turned from one thought to another.

Has my father talked to the Supreme Adviser? Will we find out the truth? Was it safe to bring Krian here or will she be taken away from us?

The last thought made my hands ball into fists. I have grown fond of the platinum-blond girl. Her calm presence soothed my chaotic soul. Every time I was in the same room as her, I felt empowered.

We reached the large polished double doors at the end of the castle. A guard knocked on the door announcing our arrival. I heard my father's voice boom at the other side of the door.

"Come in!"

The guards opened the doors for us before bowing.

"Thank you." I practiced my appreciation as advised by Solstice. Taylor smirked at me and if we were alone, I would have flipped him the bird again.

"Finally, you two are here. How are the ladies?" My father sat proudly on his old Victorian velvet chair. His large desk was filled with papers and maps; books were stacked on his right and scrolls were piled on his left side. Behind him was a large window that spread wide across his room. The velvet curtains were pulled apart showing the glory of the bright crescent moon behind him. We both entered his room. I have not been here since my brother died. The interior hasn't changed much except the chandeliers weren't lit with candles anymore. Instead, they were lit with modern light bulbs that gave the room more light and less of a gloomy place.

"Good evening, Father."

"Good evening, Your Majesty." Taylor and I both bowed in front of him. We heard the doors closed and we both straightened our backs to stand proudly in front of the King.

Dad nodded approvingly before he gestured for us to take a seat near his table. Two velvet chairs decorated in golden frames were set next to his gigantic table and we both took our seats parallel to one another.

"The two are in Krian's chambers. I assigned two guards to keep watch." I informed dad and he nodded again at me.

"That's good to hear. I didn't know Krian was in grave danger. You all are in grave danger." He flipped through the pages of an old worn book. Taylor leaned forward in curiosity.

"Your Highness, is that by any chance the book of Magna Luna?" He asked and dad stopped before he shot him an amused look.

"You know about this book, young man?"

"It's the reason why we know more about the prophecy, Sir. The information we told you, it's from that book... but-er... your book is thicker." My friend tilted his head to double check before nodding.

"Yeah. It's definitely thicker and larger compared to the book we read in New York." He confirmed. My dad laughed, slamming the book before he held it up for show.

"You're correct in saying it's larger and thicker. The one you read in the human library is the copy for humans to take. This one has more details in it. Consider it to have bonus information." My dad smiled with pride. He let the book down again and skimmed through the pages.

"Yuri has given his knowledge about the prophecy. He heard about it from his fellow Royal Elder from the Lukanthröpos Kingdom." He pointed at Germany in the World Map spread on his table. I looked at Taylor who was attentive at what my father was saying. His eyes were determined to know more about his sister and by the looks of it, he wanted to go to where the Kingdom of Werewolves were.

"My Alpha King lives in Germany?" He asked.

"You didn't know?" My father and I looked at the werewolf who seemed interested about the royal pack.

"I didn't know... My former Alpha never gave me the chance to have basic education. I was his slave, Your Majesty." He explained.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, Taylor." My dad spoke with sincerity. "No kid should be exempted from being educated. You grew up to be a good wise man like my son. That's what matters now." He said and I felt pride seep into my veins. I smiled at my father, grateful that he was happy for me, and he nodded at me in return.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." I heard my friend reply. Dad pulled out a scroll and opened it. Gently laying it in the already crowded table, he began to tell us what he has gained for the past week.

"As you know, Yuri would attend assemblies for the Advisers of the Möna Empire." He looked at Taylor and continued. "Advisers are Elders of the kingdoms of the empire. They are the wisest and oldest Children of the Night who have mastered the Laws and Nature of the Empire. They act as the Justice System of each kingdom. Now, we have five kingdoms under the Möna Empire and each kingdom has their leaders. As you know, I am the leader of the Sanguis Kingdom where vampires live and thrive. These Justice Systems act as advisers to us to implement law and order in our kingdoms. There are different titles for the Royal Elders. In here, we call them Superior Advisers. In your kingdom, Taylor, they are called High Elders. When the prophecy broke out, at first, the Advisers gathered to look upon it. However, as the years passed by, the prophecy began to fade away and get forgotten since they never found the child. They thought Krian died."

"So the prophecy became a fairytale..." I remarked.

"Exactly. However, the Advisers were suspicious of the multiple reports of vampires, werewolves and witches going missing in the human realm. No matter what they do, they cannot find the missing children of the night. So five years ago, the Advisers decided to reopen Krian's case and investigate again. They knew it has something to do with her. The prophecy has been heard and leaked out of the Empire. We now suspect that the humans are abducting anyone they suspect to be from the empire in hopes that they can get Krian or one of the guardians of Krian."

"It doesn't make sense. Why would they need her?" I asked dad and he sighed, shaking his head.

"That's the thing we don't know about. I bet it is some sick human experiment for their own greed again. Goddess forbid they won't use her as a weapon of mass destruction." I sagged on my chair, overwhelmed by the information I just took. My skin crawled from the thought of Krian being used to kill anyone they want. How will they even do it?

"So the humans know about the prophecy..." Taylor pieced things together. "And they want her to be used for their own benefit. But, Your Highness, the one I detected in Bella's crime scene smelled of a werewolf from my former pack. Do you think someone who is knowledgeable of the prophecy is working with humans?" He asked. Dad pulled out a photo and pushed it towards us.

"Do you know him?" A photo of a nasty looking man with a scar on his right brow, black soulless eyes and a mop of dark chocolate hair was presented to us in a photo. It was a bust picture but judging by his posture, he looked like a werewolf.

"That's... that's Beta Stefan from my former pack, Your Majesty." Taylor named the man in the picture. Dad nodded and pulled the photo away.

"He's the one who leaked information with the humans. He's currently being hunted by the Empire Trackers. He'll be captured in no time and will be tried for his crimes." Taylor sighed. He looked defeated and disappointed. His blue eyes that held a spark whenever he was with Krian has become dull.

"Why are you sad? He's a criminal, Taylor." Dad inquired with an intimidating tone. He sounded like he didn't like how Taylor looked empathetic with the traitorous werewolf Beta.

"I'm disappointed about what has happened to my former pack, Your Highness. If only they could listen for a minute and keep their thoughts to themselves. An open mind could change perspectives and none of this would have happened." He explained.

"It has happened, Taylor, and the inevitable will happen. Krian's destiny is linked to you and the guardians. I trust the Moon Goddess with her decision to bless her with such dangerous power. Your pack may have fallen due to the greed of an alpha but it is now living peacefully under the care of a new Alpha. If one day you will decide to visit, let me know and I will provide you assistance." He humbly offered like a true king that he was. I idolized how my dad would keep his cool in times where emotions run deep. I regard him highly of this and yet, I distance myself from his expectations from me.

Dad gave us the map where the kingdoms of the Möna Empire was along with the notebook he has written on about the information he has gathered from his Superior Adviser.

"Does Yuri know what's the purpose of Krian's powers and how she can use it on her own will?" I broke the silence as dad continued to read scroll upon scroll while Taylor and I looked for more clues in the stacked books. Dad shook his head.

"We will be meeting a Royal Oracle around this hour. His time is unpredictable and so is his personality so don't let him get to your head. He likes to play games." My father warned. I swallowed my nervousness away. Oh boy... I hope he won't make things ugly for me.

Twenty five minutes later, a knock on the door was heard.

"He's here." My dad spoke in a low tone. Taylor and I both returned to our seats and acted casual while reading our books. The doors opened and an ominous presence walked into the room.

"It's an honor to meet you again, Your Majesty." He croaked before he chuckled like a lunatic.

"Thank you for coming, Anton." My father replied in his firm voice. A breeze passed by me before a man around 5'6" in height came between me and Taylor. He was dressed in a black cloak and dark clothes contrasting to his papery skin that made him more dead than alive. His hair was dark, straight and in a bowl cut. His caramel brown eyes held mischief in them and his crooked smile made me go protective over myself. I straightened my posture as he faced me eye to eye. He chuckled at me and nodded before he pushed himself away and took a stand next to my dad who sat back on his favorite chair.

"Your Prince seems displeased on his return here, Your Highness." He commented with a strange smile. I shot him a glare but all he did was laugh.

He's a Royal Oracle? He's a lunatic!

"Let my son be. He's here to help our kingdom."

"And who is this healthy werewolf? Is he here to join your kingdom? That would be fun to watch! A betrayal of his own kind." He giggled and I could see Taylor hold the handles of the chair too tightly that veins in his hands were popping out.

"Enough, Anton. Do not disrespect my guest!" My dad snapped and the oracle bowed immediately, asking for forgiveness.

"Forgiven. Now, we are here because we need you. Do not play games with me, Anton, or else I will have your head on a golden plate." He warned him and he nodded.

"As you wish, Your Majesty. What is it that you seek?" He became submissive in an instant with my father's command and he looked like he was my father's pet. He looked frightened at his King's threat of his life.

"Do you know the prophecy of the girl who speaks of Death?"

"Of course, Your Majesty! It is one of my all time favorites!" He returned to his weirdly cheerful self.

"Good. Can you seek more information about that?" My dad requested without giving more information. Taylor and I both looked at the them, the tension of withholding a secret palpable in the air.

"Of course, Your Majesty. I will take my leave and seek for answers."

"No one will know about this, Anton."

"You can have my head if I ever betray you, my King." He bowed one more time before he left.

"Where is he going?" I inquired, standing up to relieve some stress that built up over the short period of time he was here. Damn but that man took a toll on me. He spelled danger and he was unnerving.

"Back to his place to look for answers. He will be back." My father waved a hand before he crashed on his seat.

"You look tired, Sir. Would you like something to drink?" Taylor offered, seeing my father's exhaustion. He closed his eyes but smiled at my friend.

"Open a bottle of red wine please. Pour one for yourselves."

We're going to the chaotic part again soon. Thoughts about this story?

Leave a comment, Vote and Share this story if you like it. Thank you very much. Have a great day!

Follow me here and on my social media accounts! Let's vibe!

Twitter and Instagram: notsolilpumpkin

Tiktok: littlepumpkinwriter

Facebook: Lei LittlePumpkinWriter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 11.5K 76
[COMPLETE] Kyra's life as a human is over. Bitten and riddled with strange symptoms, she has been ripped from the only life she's ever known and thro...
67K 413 8
this is a werewolf swapped at birth story. imagine a baby dies at birth and its the alphas baby. a nurse freaks out and doesn't know what to do so sh...
10.9K 908 80
Book 1 of 2 Aislinn Jones has had a unique problem for as long as she can remember: her dreams. They are vivid and haunting, and plague her whenever...
82.2K 2.7K 51
"I'll ruin you till there's nothing left to give." Every member of the lupine Realm lost his sanity after few centuries of living without a mate. Kin...