The Man of Steel (Marvel X Ma...

By Monster-Zer0

Found as a baby by S.H.I.E.L.D, he was taught everything from right to wrong. Wanting to be a hero and save p... More

Prologue: The Boy from the Stars
Jonathan Romanoff/Superman
The Man of Steel
The New Team (1)
The New Team (3)
The Cat Burglar (1)
The Cat Burglar (2)
The Cat Burglar (3)
The Cat Burglar (4)
Heroes of Korea (1)
Heroes of Korea (2)
Heroes of Korea (3)
Heroes of Korea (4)
Day Off and Discovery

The New Team (2)

2.2K 74 41
By Monster-Zer0

It's been a few days since Jon joined the New Avengers Program. He moved to the tower alongside Miles, Sam and Gwen. He still goes on a patrol but this time, he isn't alone. The three teens would go with him wanting to help. Now, they are seen in the training room doing some little spars. Jon ducked a cross from Sam and swept him off his feet as Sam hit the ground with a thud.

Sam: "Awe man!"

Miles: "Jon - 20. Sam.....0."

Sam: "You didn't have to rub it in."

Gwen: "You're really good Jon."

Jon: "Been trained by mom and other SHIELD agents since I was a kid."

Sam: "It's still shocking to know your mom is the Black Widow. I don't see her as a mother type of person."

Jon: "That's because she's not around me. She turns a complete 180 when we have our mother and son bonding time."

Natasha: "And I like to keep it that way."

Widow walked in as everyone stood up to greet her.

Natasha: "We'll focus on your guys combat abilities. I know some of you already have experience but you still need to do it in order to not get rusty."

Miles/Gwen/Sam: "Yes ma'am!"

Jon: "Sure."

Natasha: "Before I forget, one of our new recruits just arrived."

The elevator doors opened as a 15 year old girl walked out looking around the room in amazement. Her gaze then went towards Natasha who crossed her arms with a raise brow.

???: "Sorry for being late Miss Romanoff. I got lost on the way here."

Jon: "I don't blame you. The place is pretty big."

The girl then turned towards the others who gave her a wave but was shocked to see Jon towering over them.

Natasha: "It's fine. Team. Meet Riri Williams, your new member. Tony recommended her."

Jon: "A bright one huh?"

Riri: "H-Hi. It's nice to finally meet you all. E-Especially you Superman!"

She then turned to Jon and started to fan-girl. Jon raised a brow and turned towards his mother who shrugged.

Natasha: "She's a big fan of yours."

Jon: "Uh thanks? Just call me Jon."

Riri: "Of course."

Natasha: "Now that everyone is well acquainted, I want you all to treat each other not just teammates but as a family as well."

Everyone: "Right!"

Natasha: "Jon, I'm leaving you responsible as you are the oldest here. Since the others aren't here yet, you are free to do whatever you want."

So the team went ahead and train or get to know each other better. Jon decided to test his fighting effectiveness as he went inside the simulation room to fight. Everyone saw this and was curious to see him in action once more. Especially Riri. Natasha and Peter went towards the controls as Jon stood in the middle of the large room.

Natasha: "So how are we going with this?"

Jon: "Just start it from the lowest then turn it up if you need too."

Natasha nodded and turned on the simulation. Jon got ready once he saw a bunch of thugs appear in the simulation room. He took off his glasses and gave off a serious expression.

Miles: "Woah!"

Gwen: "It's like a switch has been flipped."

In an instant, Jon took out the thugs with ease just by his speed and power alone. The team were surprised of how fast you out the thugs down as you are already on your 10th wave. Natasha smirked and brought the level to the max as more thugs came in with larger ones. Jon could only smirk. Knowing that this is just a simulation, there is no point in holding back. Everyone went wide eyes to see him dash around just sending enemies flying everywhere with just his punches.

Jon grabbed a larger bruter and three him towards a bunch of lower thugs hitting them as they flew back. He also used his freeze breathe to freeze them in place before stomping the ground creating a shockwave pushing more thugs away. Jon then blasted thugs with his Heat Vision who are firing their guns from far away.

Peter: "He sure lives up to his name."

Sam: "He is Super-cool!"

Riri: "And Super-amazing!"

Natasha smiled as she witnessed the boy he took care of use her teachings and beat down enemies with ease. The difficulty was on Max but Jon just swat them away like flies. He saw one last thug as he dashed towards it readying a punch. He threw it forward but the thug disappeared as his punch created a shockwave that was felt throughout the tower.

Natasha: "That's enough for today."

Jon got out of the simulation room and met up with the others.

Jon: "How did I do?"

Peter: "Nat?"

Natasha: "You are nearing your 40th wave of enemies before I stopped the simulation. You did great. I see you put my teaching to good use."

Sam: "Dude! That was sick!"

Miles: "Not only you know how to fight but you combined that with your powers. Talk about OP."

Jon: "Thanks for the compliment guys."

Gwen: "You're very agile too."

Riri: "You were like BOOM! and then WOOSH! It's like you are teleporting around the place."

Natasha: "Well that's enough for today. I want you guys to tour Riri around the place. Jon, go and freshen up, we are going somewhere."

Peter: "I better head out to. New York still needs its friendly neighborhood Spider-Man."

After taking a shower and putting on new clothes, we see Jon and Natasha on a Quinjet flying in the sky.

Jon: "So where are we going?"

Natasha: "We are going to get our next candidate for the program."

Jon: "New teammate?"

Natasha: *nod* "And she's your age."

Jon: "Finally, I have someone that's my age range."

Natasha: "Oh really?"

Jon: "The others are okay. Amazing even. It's not bad to have someone my age to talk to."

Natasha: "Sure. Whatever you say baby."

They finally arrived at their destination. Large manor with an open field and teenager and children walking around. They landed in the landing pad with two figures waiting for them.

Natasha: "Welcome to Xavier school for Gifted Youngsters."

Jon: "Wow."

Natasha and Jon then got out the Quinjet and approached the two figures. One was on a wheelchair then the other was wearing a red visor.

Natasha: "Professor Xavier. Scott."

Charles: "Natasha, it's good to see you again. I believe that this is little Jonathan."

Jon: "It's nice to meet you too Professor. How do you know me?"

Charles: "Even though I can read minds, it's not hard to tell that the little baby that Black Widow brought here years ago is now a tall handsome young man."

Jon: "Thank you sir."

Charles: "I believe you are here for Kitty."

Natasha: "Yup. The others are already at the tower catching up. We just need a few more and Kitty is one of them that you picked to join."

Charles: "Scott."

Scott: "Right Professor. Follow me."

Charles went on ahead followed by Scott. Jon turned to Natasha as she just shrug and followed. They are now seen walking in the halls of the manor/school and see different students in class. Jon was in awe as Charles watched him with a smile. Jon wasn't looking where he was going as he bumped into someone large. Even though he bumped into that said someone, he wasn't even fazed at all or even flinched.

???: "You're a strong one, are you?"

He heard a deep Russian accent as he looked up and saw the towering man in front of him. The man is a feet and a half taller than him and his skin is hard steel.

Jon: "Sorry about that. Wasn't looking where I was going. I thought I hit a wall or something."

Scott: "And it looks like you aren't even hurt."

Natasha: "You can't crack him that easily."

Charles: "Colossus. You already meet Natasha and this here is her son."

Jon: "Nice to meet you. I'm Jon Romanoff."

Colossus: "You too. If you have time, maybe we can throw down."

Jon: "I'm down."

Charles: "Maybe after the meeting."

Colossus: "Mind if I come with Professor?"

Charles: "Not at all."

The group went on as they are lead by Charles towards his office not knowing someone was watching them walk by. Once they arrive at the office, they went straight to business.

Natasha: "So where is she?"

Charles: "I already informed her and she's on her way."

Jon could hear footsteps but what confused him is that the said footsteps are heading towards them from the side of the wall.

Jon: "Uh, professor. Something's coming towards this wall-"

He was cut off as a girl came out from the wall and bumped into him making the girl fall down.

???: "Ow."

Charles: "Ah Miss Pryde. Glad you could join us."

Looking up and seeing everyone looking at her, she gave an embarrassed laugh as Scott can only shake his head with a sigh while Natasha smirked.

Kitty: "I came once you told me. Sorry if I was a little late. Got to finish some things."

Charles: "It's alright."

She then noticed the new face inside the room. She already met Natasha but not Jon.

Kitty: "H-Hi there. My name is Kitty. Nice to meet you."

Jon: "Nice to meet you. My anmes Jonathan but you can call me Jon for short."

Natasha: "Now that we finally met. Let's talk Charles. Jon, could you go out for a bit with Kitty? We'll just talk about the program. I'll call you when we are done."

Scott: "Go and show him around for a bit."

Kitty: "Sure. Come on!"

Jon: "Wait-"

Jon got grabbed by Kitty on the arm and despite the size difference, she pulled the big guy out of the room leaving the adults to talk. Natasha then turned towards Charles and gave him a file.

Kitty and Jon are now walking in the back of the manor that has a fountain, an open field and a beautiful garden. Jon saw many kids using their powers, trying to figure them out on their free time. There's a kid running on water, control rocks, hover in the air and also turn invisible.

Jon: "This place is heaven to all superpowered kids."

Kitty: "They are still new to their mutant powers. That's why everyone in the school helps them learn how to control it."

Jon: "How long have you been staying and learning here?"

Kitty: "Almost 5 years now. Miss Romanoff saw how I mastered my mutant powers and saw potential in me joining the program."

Jon: "It's rare to see Mom like that. If you have that kind of opportunity, take it. Mom always brings out the potential in someone and can also find that said person with potential. She might come out as stern and strict but she is a softie on the inside."

Jon then heard something coming his way as he caught a ball without even looking shocking Kitty. Jon turned towards where it came from and saw kids running towards him.

Student 1: "S-Sorry about that."

Student 2: "That was so cool!"

Jon: "It's okay. Here you go."

Jon gave the ball back as the group of kids thanked him and ran along to play some more. Kitty turned towards him with a shock expression.

Kitty: "How did you do that?!"

Jon: "I just heard something flying our way and then just caught it."

Kitty: "Is it your power? Like super senses?"

Jon: "That's just one of them."

Kitty: "You have more?!"

???: "That's interesting."

They turned towards the voice and saw a girl sitting under a tree. The girl stood up and approached the two.

Kitty: "Anna? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in class."

Anna: "Got bored and decide to just stay here and relax. You can't blame me. Logan sometimes gets overboard with his class."

Kitty: *sigh* "Yeah. You are right. Well Anna, meet Jon. Jon this is Anna Marie."

Jon: "It's nice to meet you."

Jon held out a hand for a handshake but Anna just looked at his hand and stepped back earning a raise brow from the Kryptonian.

Jon: "Okay?"

Kitty: "Sorry about her. Her powers activates when she comes in skin-to-skin contact with someone. She's not being rude though. She just does want to hurt you."

Anna: "That's the big downside. With this gift, I can hardly make friends."

Jon: "I'll be your friend. I know the feeling of not having that much people around you. When I learned of my powers, some kids called me a freak and would sometimes run away from me. But I learned to control them in time and so should you."

Anna: "This place didn't teach me how to control it. I've been practicing alone for awhile now."

Kitty: "It's because you don't want people to help you Anna."

Anna: *sigh* "I guess you are right. I'm still scared to get close to people."

Jon: "Well if you want, you can with us and join the program. I am sure Mom, me and the others can help you."

Anna: "I don't know if I'm even qualified to join."

Jon: "Don't worry. I'll talk to mom about it."

Anna: "Thanks for that."

Jon then got a call from her mom and told him to go towards the training room. Since he doesn't know where it was, Kitty accompanied him there with Anna joining them. Once they arrive there, they saw the same people in Charles' office with a few new faces.

Jon: "Are you guys done talking?"

Natasha: "Yes but we aren't done yet."

Jon: "Okay? So what do you need me here for?"

Charles: "We want to test you out. Natasha told us of your feats and it highly impressed me."

Jon: "What kind of test?"

Natasha: "You're fighting four members of the X-Men."

Hearing this, Kitty and Anna's eyes widen in shock.

Kitty: "Wait what?!"

Anna: "Are you guys serious-"

Jon: "Okay then. So who am I going to fight?"

The two girls turned to Jon with surprised expression not expecting the big guy to accept. They then heard the door open and saw someone walked in.

???: "Not gonna back out? I like you already kid."

Colossus: "You are up against us Jonathan."

???: "To see the upper limits of your strength. You broke the record for how much you can lift or press. I want to see if you truly are super."

Charles: "This is also training for you Jon. You never know when you would fight smarter villains in the future. What one way to test that out is to fight some professional heroes."

Jon looked around and had a serious look on his face. He is going to face against Colossus, Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean Grey a.k.a the Phoenix. He is going to fight three powerful heroes and one Omega-Level Mutant. He took off his glasses and activated his suit which surprised everyone minus Natasha who had a smirk on her face. He open his eyes as it was glowing red.

Jon: "Let's go."

To be continued....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 4.8K 111
PLEASE READ I'd just like to say yes I've already done two MCU stories with a third one in progress. But I really wanted to do another one as I've h...
524K 15.5K 156
Adopted at a young age by Nicholas Fury, Y/N was raised as a Shield agent and was known to be one of the best. You were enhanced by Hydra before you...
Only Hope By Mo

Fanfiction

14K 410 20
I could only hope. Hope to be saved from my mistakes. Hope to be saved from my fate. Hope to find my family again. I had made a stupid mistake; a mis...