Their Hidden Treasure

By SophiaAria

Two families, one secret, and one chance to make it all right. The Ferrara and Caruso families are two of the... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 21

6.9K 235 43
By SophiaAria

Alexander’s POV

I was staring at his picture with so much hate in my body that I thought I would explode.

Michael Dawson.

The fucker who thought he could take my baby from me. The fucker who thought we would be stupid enough to let him near our treasure. The fucker who thought he had a chance against us.

I tightened my jaw and looked at the file in front of me.

I would find him and I would strangle him with my own two hands.

The door to my office opened and William walked inside.

“Where is she?” I asked as I watched him sit on the couch.

“Sleeping in her room,” William mumbled, clenching his fists. “I barely managed to leave.”

I nodded and took a deep breath. I was just about to tell him that I understood him completely when the door opened again and Damien, Lucas, and Eli walked in.

“How does that fucker know what James did?!” Damien exclaimed, slamming the door shut. “How does he know that James...”

Damien stopped talking and clenched his fists. He looked like he was on the verge of exploding.

I glanced at William and sighed.

“Because James and Elizabeth are probably with him,” I said. “That would also explain why we can’t find them.”

Damien cursed loudly, grabbed a lamp that was on my desk, and threw it against the wall.

Eli was the only one who did something to stop Damien from continuing to destroy my office, which was what he was about to do.

“Holy fuck, Damien!” Eli shouted, grabbing him and stopping him from grabbing something else off my desk. “Calm the fuck down!”

Damien looked at Eli over his shoulder and tried to pull away from Eli.

“You will wake her up,” Lucas said calmly. “Stop it.”

Eli let Damien go and Damien started pacing around the room. He had a murderous look on his face.

“We’ve been trying to find Michael for years,” William said angrily. “If those fuckers are really with him, we won’t be able to find them.”

I tightened my jaw and gulped.

William was right. Michael went into hiding after he killed William’s father and my mother. William and his brothers had been trying to find him for years. Eli and I had been trying to do the same, but none of us had any luck.

Our mother and their father continued their affair even after Sophia was born. They kept meeting in secret and Michael found out. We found their bodies in a car parked near one of Michael’s abandoned buildings.

It was a hard time for both of our families. My dad was so angry at my mom for continuing the affair that he refused to avenge her death. He said that she deserved it and that she would still be alive if she wasn’t a cheating whore. My dad took my mom’s affair hard and it wasn’t just because she cheated on him with his biggest rival. It was because he believed that Sophia was his until the day she was born and he saw William’s father at the hospital. My dad always wanted a girl and he was ecstatic when my mom found out that she was pregnant with a girl. I think that finding out that Sophia wasn’t his broke my dad’s heart more than my mom being unfaithful.

William’s mother insisted on finding out who killed her husband. That is how they found out it was Michael and William shared that information with me when we ran into each other a few months later.

I was very angry at my mom because of the affair, but at the same time, I knew that I wouldn't have Sophia if the affair hadn’t happened. It was because of Sophia I wanted revenge, not because of anything or anyone else.

Unfortunately, Michael had been hiding ever since he killed our parents. I was hoping that the rat died in some hole he dragged himself into, but unfortunately, I was wrong. He was seen by one of my men and just a little over a month later his first letter came to both William and me. We knew it was him immediately. He was one of the few who even knew about Sophia and the fact that she was both William’s and my sister.

“He is a fucking snake,” Damien said angrily. “He will slither out of some fucking hole just to hurt her.”

I tightened my jaw.

“We won’t let that happen,” William said, trying to stay calm. “He will not get near her.”

“I will send more of my men out on the streets,” I said. “Someone has to know something. He had to be close. He was obviously keeping an eye on her. He couldn’t do that from somewhere far away.”

“Someone else could have done it for him and reported back to him,” Lucas said.

“My men will find that someone then,” I said calmly. “We are getting the information we need one way or the other.”

“Do you think that James and Elizabeth previously had contact with him?” Eli mumbled quietly, his voice laced with pain.

I gulped and furrowed my eyebrows.

“I don’t think so,” William said, shaking his head. “They would just give Sophia to him. He must have been watching the house and saw them run after Sophia left.”

I nodded. I agreed with him. It made perfect sense. Those fuckers never cared about my baby. If they had been in contact with Michael before, he could have asked them to give Sophia to him. I was sure that the fuckers would have done it.

“What about her therapy sessions?” Lucas asked, changing the subject. “How will she talk to Seth now?”

“Video call,” Damien said. “I already texted Seth and told him that we had to leave and that he would have to continue therapy with her through video call. He said that he would call tomorrow.”

Lucas nodded and took a deep breath.

“She started talking a bit more,” he said, smiling a little. “It makes me so happy.”

Lucas looked at William and his smile grew.

“And it also makes me happy that you pulled your head out of your ass and held her like that,” Lucas added. “She needs all of us right now.”

William rolled his eyes, but I could tell that it meant a lot to him to hear Lucas say that.

“When will you pull your head out of that stuck-up ass of yours and be all cuddly with your sister?” Eli asked Damien with a small smirk on his face.

Lucas and I snorted. William tried to hide his laugh by clearing his throat.

Damien looked at Eli and if looks could kill, Eli would be six feet under. Not that I would ever allow it, though. There would be a bullet in Damien’s brain before he could even think about hurting my brother.

“I am a doctor,” Damien said, clenching his fists. “I am here to make sure that she is healthy, not cuddle with her.”

Eli rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“I can’t wait to see you cuddle with her,” Eli said. “I will make sure to remind you that you are just a doctor.”

Damien clenched his fists and narrowed his eyes at Eli.

“He is right, Damien,” Lucas said, laughing quietly. “You are the toughest, but you will want to cuddle the most when that head of yours finally finds its way out of your giant ass.”

I snorted again. William couldn’t hide his laughter this time.

Damien mumbled something under his breath and stormed out of my office.

“Are you going to cuddle with her now?” Eli yelled after him. “You should! She is cute when she is sleeping!”

“Fuck off, Elijah!” Damien yelled back, making Eli grin widely.

“He is such a little bitch,” Lucas laughed, shaking his head.

I snorted again and looked at the watch on my left wrist.

“I am going to check up on Sophia,” I said. “She will probably wake up soon.”

I didn’t wait for them to say anything. I missed my baby and I needed to see her. I was actually hoping she was already awake. There was a piano in the library and I wanted to play with her.

I had a huge smile as I approached her bedroom. I couldn't wait to see her and hold her again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 51.2K 50
"𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹𝘀 𝘂𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝘀 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲...
350K 8.1K 68
Amazing cover by Anel_Graphics Gabriella De'Luca is a cold fifteen year old girl, who has had to go through extreme hardships everyday of her life. C...
3.2M 71.3K 46
"We want you home Sorella" Mason said to me. "I couldn't give two shits what you want." I said back. He looked pissed. I could feel someone coming...
2.7M 64.7K 37
Almost every person who has siblings know how annoying they can be, especially 'brothers'. How is Sophia going to survive a house full of, not only o...