What The Heart Wants (BWWM)

By ElleSpeares

Justin and Skylar are two confused young people, too afraid to let love happen. They have big dreams and lots... More

Author's Note
One: New beginnings
Two: Hidden attraction
Three: Denial
Four: The gatecrashers
Five: The house party
Six: The loser
Seven: Rich boys and their emotions
Eight: Broke girls and their wishes
Nine: Nothing's as it seems
Ten: This thing called coincidence
Eleven: The closed book
Twelve: "Yeah, walk away. Save yourself"
Thirteen: Damaged hearts and childish therapy
Fourteen: Friends?
Fifteen: Cupid's mess
Sixteen: Friends
Seventeen: "You're a bad ass bitch and deserve better"
Eighteen: The art gallery
Nineteen: What the heart wants
Twenty: Trying to be good enough
Twenty One: First dates
Twenty Two: Romeo
Twenty Three: The (overprotective, inquisitive) "cool" mom
Twenty Four: When the temperature rises
Twenty Five: Picture perfect moments
Twenty Six: Messed up perfection
Twenty Seven: Happy memories to heal troubled souls
Twenty Eight: Bad boy, Bieber
Twenty Nine: Because words cut the deepest
Thirty One: Tattoos
Thirty Two: What happiness is
Thirty Three: Stitching things up
Thirty Four: Sweet revenge
Thirty Five: The get together
Wattys2015
Thirty Six: Two half hearts make one
Thirty Seven: Guilt
Thirty Eight: Family
Thirty Nine: Rebellion
Forty: Decisions and the problem with love
Forty One: Boyfriend
Forty Two: "Don't overthink it"
Forty Three: Beautiful simplicity
Forty Four: Play no games
Forty Five: In the '50s
Forty Six: Under the night sky
Forty Seven: Mustang
Forty Eight: Conflict
Forty Nine: Out of work
Fifty: In his arms
Fifty One: PYD
Fifty Two: Awkward
Fifty Three: The song book
Fifty Four: Close call
Fifty Five: "I want to help you"
Fifty Six: Bicycles
Fifty Seven: Fun and games
Fifty Eight: What nobody gets
Fifty Nine: Dinner
Sixty: Negotiation
Sixty One: Shopping
Sixty Two: Happy birthday
Sixty three: Dear Skylar...
Sixty four: This is the end
Sixty Five: "I hate my life"
Sixty Six: "What choice do I have?"
Sixty Seven: Fixing what's broken
Sixty Eight: "I'm your fairy godmother, that's who I am"
Sixty Nine: Damage control
Seventy: "This is for us"
Seventy One: Emptiness
Seventy Two: Pain
10 Facts about me
Seventy Three: Clubbing
Seventy Four: Surprise
Seventy Five: 'Do what you love/ follow your heart'
Seventy Six: The last hangout
Seventy Seven: Confrontation
Seventy Eight: 'A burnt child is afraid of fire'
Seventy Nine: Departure

Thirty: The broken bad boy

4.9K 335 42
By ElleSpeares

×× Skylar ××

Skylar sat at her desk quite worried about Justin. He hadn't gotten back to her texts and she'd left two voice messages because she was wondering if he was okay. Clearly he wasn't. He would've texted back if he was.

It was late at night and she was up trying to get some work done. She'd hoped that by now Justin would've said something but he hadn't and her mind was no longer set on typing up her research.

Skylar yawned and closed her laptop. She took off her glasses and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She was glad her mother was asleep. Angela had taken to bed early because she had an early shift the next day.

When Skylar was done, she went back to her room, quickly changed into her pyjamas and switched off her bedroom lights.

A knock on her window made her quickly turn those lights back on. She grabbed a pair of scissors off her desk and slowly walked towards her window when she heard the knock again.

It wasn't really like she'd be able to use those scissors if it were a burglar or something, Skylar thought. She could hardly pop a straw into one of those packaged juices. What was she gonna do to this person with scissors? Scratch him?

She drew back one curtain and squinted at the darkness, trying to see who'd be crazy enough to come knocking on her window at that hour of the night.

She saw Justin's face for a moment and she thought she was losing it. Why would Justin be at her house so late? She was right. He wasn't okay. And he seemed to be bleeding. Oh lord, he'd been robbed, Skylar panicked.

She opened the window quickly and quietly and put her scissors in the back pocket of her pyjama shorts.

"Oh my goodness, Justin. What happened to you?" Skylar whispered.

"I got beat up." He tried to smile about his stupidity.

Skylar frowned and helped him climb through her window. She closed it then closed her curtains and she put her scissors on her desk.

She didn't know what to say when she looked at Justin. She studied his face for a moment and felt scared for him.

"Uhm... have a seat. I'm gonna go get some frozen peas and stuff for you. You hungry? We got some food left over from dinner. I could get you some water o-or juice?" She said.

"Left overs and water sound nice." Justin said.

Skylar nodded and hesitated to leave the room. She stood at her door and took one look at Justin and frowned some more before leaving for the kitchen.

On a tray, she put a plate of mac n cheese, cutlery and a glass of water. She got a packet of peas out the freezer and put them on the tray too then went to the bathroom with a small bowl to pour warm water into and to get the first aid kit that her mom kept in the cupboard beneath the basin. She carried everything to her bedroom, placed them on her night stand then locked her door.

Justin was seated on the bed, absent-mindedly fiddling with his watch. He looked terrible, Skylar noticed. He was sad and beat up. He even smelled of weed.

"I was worried about you, Justin." Skylar spoke softly so her mother wouldn't wake. "I left messages on your phone..."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you." He said, too ashamed to look Skylar in the eyes.

"Tell me what happened."

Justin hesitated to explain but he was at Skylar's house late at night, beat up, and he'd worried her. He owed her an explanation.

"Went to see my dad, he pushed my buttons and I went out with the guys to... forget it all. I'd had enough." He said. "And then I got into a fight."

"Justin..." Skylar frowned.

She walked up to Justin and lifted his chin with her finger. She slowly ran her fingers through his hair then stroked his cheek.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "I should've known better than to go out and get faded. I should've called."

"Why didn't you?"

Justin looked down.

"My dad just knows what to say to make me lose it. I don't think straight when I come from seeing him. He just... he makes me go to a dark place, that's all."

Skylar stroked Justin's arms gently then kissed his head.

"Eat up so I can give you some painkillers and look at your wounds." She said.

Justin reached for the plate of food and started eating.

Skylar went to clear her desk to pass the time. She plugged her iPod into its speakers and played some music softly.

She realised then that she probably looked like a hot mess: no makeup on, a stupid and slightly baggy Mickey Mouse t-shirt on... she hadn't prepped her hair for bed yet, thank goodness, and Bantu knots were out of the question because she'd look like a house slave to Justin for sure, she thought.

"Thank you." Skylar heard Justin say.

She turned around and found he was done with his food and was having some water to drink.

He looked so sad.

Skylar gave Justin a warm smile and picked up the first aid kit.

"You might wanna get comfortable." She said.

Justin looked up at her and slowly took off his jacket. While Skylar went to put it neatly on her chair at her desk, he took his shoes and blood-stained t-shirt off and sat comfortably against Skylar's headboard with a pillow at his back for comfort.

Skylar crawled onto the bed and propped up on her knees on front of him, in between his legs. She was drawn to his toned body and tattoos instantly and before she allowed herself to die at how sexy Justin really was, she asked him to get some cotton balls out of the first aid box then she poured some antiseptic liquid into the small bowl of warm water.

"Sorry I just showed up." He handed Skylar one cotton ball. "I didn't know where to go."

"It's okay." Skylar dipped the cotton ball into the antiseptic water then squeezed the liquid out to start cleaning out Justin's wounds.

"How did this fight happen?" She asked.

It was an embarrassing story to have to tell, really, but Justin sometimes found humour in serious situations.

"I bumped into this big buff guy..."

"Already a bad start." Skylar smiled softly.

Justin tried to smile too, "I spilled my drink on him accidentally and he went at me about his $300 t-shirt, called me names and I got worked up and threw the first punch."

"Did you win the fight?"

"If I said I did, would it score me points in your books?"

Skylar smiled, "Major points."

"I won." Justin said.

He winced as Skylar cleaned the corner of his lip.

"Sorry." She said, "It's just a small cut."

"How bad's the cut on my brow?"

"You might need to have it checked out by a doctor. But it's clean and germ free for now."

"Thank you."

Skylar placed the used cotton ball back on the tray along with the small water bowl. She handed Justin some painkillers for him to take then the bag of frozen peas.

"You can place this on your brow to keep it from swelling up." She said.

Justin did as he was told.

"You smell like weed."

"I know."

"You smoked and drank."

"Don't judge me, Sky."

"I'm not. I just... I wish you were more careful. You could've been robbed coming here. Dear God, did you drive here?"

"No. I took a cab."

Skylar nodded.

"Where'd you get the weed?" She asked.

"Some guy outside the club. He gave me some. Said I looked like I needed it." Justin smiled slightly.

"Do you always smoke when your dad upsets you?"

"Sometimes." Justin confessed. "Just not cigarettes."

Skylar nodded slowly.

"I've got a joint left. Want it?" Justin offered.

"No thanks. I don't smoke." She cleared her throat and sat with her legs crossed, still facing Justin.

He smiled.

"What?" She asked.

"I love your innocence." He said.

Skylar blushed.

"Move the peas to your lip to cool off that little cut. I can imagine it's probably burning." She said.

"Your way of shutting me up?"

"Yes. And helping you keep your lips the right size."

"You could kiss em better?"

Skylar was tempted to. She didn't like the idea of Justin smoking but she imagined he looked hot doing it. And he was in her room, beat up and shirtless.

She licked her lips and looked into Justin's eyes for some sort of confirmation.

He slowly put the bag of peas on the tray and waited for Skylar to make her move.

She crawled a little closer to him and sat on his lap, straddling him, and she placed her hands on his shoulders. She leaned down slowly and closed her eyes then she kissed him.

He looked like such a bad boy, it took Skylar's mind to a different place.

Justin's hands moved to Skylar's waist as he kissed her back.

They took things slow; Justin didn't want to rush Skylar into anything and Skylar was trying not to hurt Justin's injuries.

She lost herself in that moment and that innocence Justin was on about five minutes ago. Slowly she grinded her hips against Justin and grabbed his soft hair, making him grunt in his throat.

His hands found her buttocks and they rested there for a moment, feeling her out and squeezing.

Skylar could feel Justin grow underneath her and that turned her on a little. The kissing deepened and before she knew it, she was pinned beneath Justin, her legs wrapped around his waist and her hands in Justin's, above her head.

Their breathing was audible.

Justin started kissing Skylar's neck as he pushed up her t-shirt slowly. He found her sweet spot and earned slow soft moan from her.

Skylar could feel her heart pound against her rib cage as Justin kissed his way up from her stomach. She really wanted to give herself to him but there were so many things against it: 1) her mom was asleep just down the passage 2) she was a virgin and didn't plan on losing it with her mom in the house. It would hurt and she'd probably have a hard time shutting up and 3) Justin was high, somewhat drunk and still upset about how his day turned out. Not really a good way to lose your virginity.

"Justin." Skylar was panting.

He looked into her eyes for a moment then brushed his nose against hers.

"We need to stop." She said.

He knew she was right. The timing was just inappropriate.

"We need to stop." Skylar said again, this time stroking Justin's hair.

He let his head fall onto her chest and he closed his eyes from the pleasure of the feeling of Skylar's fingers in his hair.

"Tired?" She asked.

Justin nodded and responded with a "hmm."

Skylar smiled.

"We should climb under the covers then. I'll hold you if you want." She said.

And Justin didn't hesitate to move. As Skylar got under the covers, he took his jeans off and climbed in too. Skylar laid down on her back and held Justin like she said she would.

"My mom always played with my hair when she was around and she knew I was upset." Justin said softly.

"Did it help?"

"Always. She'd make me rest my head in her lap and she'd run her fingers through it until I calmed down or fell asleep."

Skylar smiled sadly and got to caressing Justin's hair.

His eyes closed slowly and he wrapped his arm tightly around Skylar.

"Sky?" Justin said.

"Yes, Justin?"

"Thank you for understanding and not judging me."

Skylar didn't respond. She simply kissed Justin's head and wished him a good night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 925 12
in which a mentally damaged girl meets a emotionally damaged boy .
14K 850 18
Passion is a high spirited girl from New Orleans who is very outgoing. Loves to twerk and all kinds of ratchet but in a good way. Justin is a guy who...
61.1K 1K 60
Their story isn't over ~Read Instagram to understand~
147K 5.7K 40
in which a girl gets judged by the color of her skin [bwwm]