Fifty Nine: Dinner

×× Justin ××

After taking a shower, Justin put on some music to put him in a lighter mood for dinner with his dad and Elizabeth. He was expecting a lecture and a war and he needed a distraction.

He could think of one thing that would definitely distract him.. but Skylar wasn't in a good mood either. It wouldn't feel right.

He put on a pair of maroon joggers and a white t-shirt then he went to comb and style his hair. When he was done, he sat on his bed to put on a pair of socks and his maroon Vans.

He prayed that the night would go by quickly. He was already missing his bed. Justin turned off his music, put on a hoodie, got his keys and phone and headed out, leaving Alfredo to do his work from the dining table.

When he got to his father's house, Justin let himself in and found Elizabeth getting some wine from the kitchen.

"Justin." She smiled at him. "So glad you could make it."

"Didn't have much of a choice."

"How are you?" Elizabeth ignored his smart mouth.

"Fine, I guess." He looked around. "Is dinner ready yet? I kinda need to get back to my books."

Yes, he would've rather stayed at his place to study than be there for the dreaded dinner.

"Yes, we're just waiting for Sim--" Elizabeth put on a smile. "Won't you help me carry this jug of juice to the table?"

"Simone is coming?" He couldn't believe it. "What is this? A joke?"

"Your father insisted, Justin."

"And you just smiled and nodded. You know about Skylar. Why didn't you tell him to back off?"

"Justin..."

The doorbell rang and Elizabeth looked over at it.

"That's probably her. Look, Justin, let's just try to have a peaceful dinner tonight, okay?" She pleaded.

Justin simply rolled his eyes and went to take the jug of juice to the dining room.

"Hello, Justin." Simone walked into the dining room and placed her hand on his shoulder.

Justin had been seated and was in the middle of typing a text message to Skylar.

"Simone." He didn't even bother looking up at her to acknowledge her presence. He shrugged off her hand and leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table.

Simone had dressed up for this, hoping that Justin would remember the good times they had and just consider taking him back. She hadn't exactly been in a relationship since her break up with Justin. Each time she tried to meet a guy, she realised that what she once had with Justin was... special. And she knew it was her fault it got ruined but, like Jeremy had told her when he invited her over, it was never too late for love.

Simone had on a white designer dress that was sleeveless and ended just above her knees and a pair of black single strap heels. Her hair was done in a side braid that went down one shoulder and her makeup good enough for an evening out.

"How have you been?" She sat next to Justin.

He sighed and put his phone in his pocket.

"Great, actually." He faked a smile. "Me and Skylar...still going strong."

He could tell that what he just said hurt Simone and he was glad. He had come to hate desperate girls and, seeing Simone act that way only made her less attractive.