Forgive || The Promised Never...

By absolute_bullsnake

[[DISCONTINUED]] ✧ The Promised Neverland x F!Reader ✧ "Would you forgive your best friend, if they killed yo... More

✯ Disclaimers ✯
➴ Prologue: Watch ➴
➴ Chapter One: Father ➴
➴ Chapter Two: Flower ➴
➴ Chapter Three: Eyes ➴
➴ Chapter Four: Face ➴
➴ Chapter Five: Good ➴

an overdue goodbye.

1.7K 94 276
By absolute_bullsnake

Hey guys, it's Allergy. It's been a while, huh? Almost two years since I last updated this fic.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for stringing you guys along for a pointless ride. I said that I would continue this story when I couldn't. I said that I wasn't giving up hope for this story, and made you all wait two years for this. But I've made my decision.

So to absolutely no one's surprise, I'm discontinuing this fic.

Forgive and Change were extremely dear to me, but it's time I let them go. I'm grown too old for this franchise, and to put it blatantly, writing for kids this young when I'm 17 makes me feel extremely creepy.

I started out this fic when I was 14, a mere freshman in highschool. I was young, didn't really know what I was doing, and had no concept of character building nor of how to write an actual cohesive plot. I put myself on pedastal, forced myself to meet deadlines that were only possible because of the pandemic. Back then, writing a 3.5k chapter a week was easy. Now, without a manga to guide me, it isn't so easy.

I made mistakes that honestly, make me cringe when I look back. I made impulsive choices that permanently changed the course of the story. Back when Change had first started, [Name] had never had an ability. Henry never existed. Sidra never existed (god i hate that woman what did i do to her). [Name] was never supposed to go to Lambda.

But nevertheless, this journey has taught me many things, such as how to write longer fics, and what a joy it is to share my creations with others. I'm not lying when I say that you all were the best parts of this fic. Without you all reading, commenting, and voting, it would've never gotten to this point.

You all deserve a proper goodbye, especially after putting up with me for this long. So I'll lay out what I had planned for this story, and how I would've rewritten it. Because what makes up Forgive right now is not something I am proud of.

And I'm sorry if I break parts of the story to be like idk because freshman me did not plan this story at all. I literally went "fuck it, we ball" when [Name] went to Lambda.

---

START OF STORY NOTES

---

Starting the fic would be a scene of [Name] sparring with Barbara and Cislo. We'd explain how much Paradise has changed, from a mere tree hollow to an entire civilization. After the clash of swords, Isaac and Jin would burst into the training area, with the declaration that they'd found a human.

This is how I would introduce Ayshe.

Isaac and Jin would've been scouting when they spotted Ayshe with her father. How would Isaac know she was human? Easy, his eyes. After reporting to [Name], she'd immediately assume that Ayshe was being held hostage by the demon, likely either a prisoner or someone being brought up as a cattle.

But just as she's about to run out to her room, preparing to rescue her, Isaac would catch up to her. He'd admit, away from the ears of the other Lambda experiments, that he didn't think Ayshe was in trouble. He describes the way she and her father act, and said that they looked completely fine and at ease.

It's then when he asks the question : "I don't think all the demons are bad."

[Name] snaps at the very notion that a demon could be nice, and quickly reprimands Isaac, reminding him of Lambda and its horrors. She says it quite plainly, "They might not all look evil, but there is no such thing as a good demon. They eat us, Isaac. They're the enemy. That's just the way things are."

Isaac wants to comment on how Sidra, a human, was the worst of his tormentors at Lambda, but he shuts up after seeing [Name]'s face.

[Name] would go out into the forest in order to find Ayshe (not w Somnus tho bc like horses kinda suck at running from big demons). It's here that she runs into Gorian, who was just on his way to visit Faarih (Ayshe's dad). Note that [Name] is in her demon disguise at this moment.

Gorian merely regards the young girl, asking her what she was doing in such a dangerous area. [Name] doesn't answer for a bit - she's contemplating whether or not she should just kill him and get it over with. But in her momentary hesitation, Faarih suddenly calls out Gorian's name, startling [Name].

When questioned as to who the young girl was, Gorian only says that she was the daughter of a friend of his. [Name], utterly confused by the demon's lie, is forced to go along with the narrative, bowing down to Faarih and introducing herself as Daina. As the two adults talk, she observes Faarih quietly, noting down how his appearance matched the one described to have been holding a human. She decides to use this situation to her advantage.

Faarih hurriedly asks Gorian, albeit in a whisper, whether or not [Name] could be trusted. Gorian pauses for a moment, but in the end assures him that she was a kind child. [Name] rolls her eyes at the notion.

They are then beckoned into Faarih's home, where [Name] meets Ayshe. Ayshe is startled by [Name]'s presence, as she had only seen Gorian before. As Gorian and Faarih talk, [Name] and Ayshe are left together to talk. [Name] decides not to reveal herself just yet.

Ayshe is cautious of [Name] because she is a demon, but in the end, trusts her because Faarih does. She takes [Name] to her room, where [Name] is acquainted with her dogs. They chat for a while, discussing mundane things such as their friends ([Name] changed the names of her actual friends), their families, and their hobbies. But throughout all of this, Ayshe picks up that [Name] hasn't been exactly truthful to her - her body language, while seemingly relaxed, is too stiff, and her voice too distant.

It's then that Ayshe pops the question: You don't mind me being a human?

[Name] is silent for a moment, but in the end, decides it's then she reveals herself.

"That would make me a hypocrite," she said plainly, the moon's light bathing her in a silvery glow. "Consider that I'm human too."

And then there's a dramatic scene where she takes off her mask, staring Ayshe in the eyes as she does so. Ayshe is speechless, before she whispers: "I thought I was the only one."

Then there's a conversation about whether there are other cattle children, which [Name] confirms that there are. However, [Name] decides to question Ayshe about her father, to which Ayshe immediately jumps to his defense. [Name] is noticeably disgruntled by this, asking her what she thought about her father eating other humans.

Ayshe admits that he does do that, but insists that it's merely so that he could survive. All he was doing was eating.

[Name] stares at her for a moment, contemplating whether or not she should outright insult Ayshe's father. She decides not to, the only thing she says is: "Those kids were my brothers and sisters."

Ayshe's face shatters at [Name]'s statement, but [Name] merely shrugs. "He might be nice to you, but that doesn't change the fact that his existence is a threat to us."

Ayshe doesn't reply, only watches as [Name] stands up and puts her mask back on. [Name] sighs, making her way to leave. "You'll learn that soon enough."

[Name] then leaves.

There would be some filler after that, where Norman and [Name] discuss with each other the whereabouts of the Geelan clan, as well as the development of Vincent's drug. This is where I would show the cruelty [Name] exhibits towards demons, using them as lab rats and even carving out their flesh for when Paradise was low on food. They could regenerate as long as they were alive, so she viewed them as an emergency source of food.

Then would come a chapter where they find the Geelan clan, and make their agreement to send Norman and one other person to make the deal with their leader. However, as the group is heading back to Paradise, Barbara notices Faarih's house.

"Isn't that the house Isaac mentioned?"

[Name] pales at her comment, but before she can say anything, the group decides to attack the home. Norman notices [Name]'s worried expression, and asks her about it. [Name] reveals that that was the house where Ayshe was. Norman asks if she doesn't want to kill the demon inside, to which [Name] replies that it's not Faarih she cares about, but rather, how Ayshe's mentality would be affected. Norman agrees, saying that he didn't want to breed hatred.

But in the end, Faarih is killed, and [Name] does not stop his murder. Rather, she steps over his corpse, kicking it to the side as she approaches the basement.

She meets eyes with Ayshe, who glares at her with nothing but hatred and sorrow. Because here, [Name] is a traitor. [Name] hears Ayshe's screams and promises to kill her, and feels nothing. She can only stare down at Ayshe as Norman takes her away to Paradise.

Does she feel guilty? No, she doesn't. Because [Name] hates demons more than anything, and in her mind, Faarih deserved it. It doesn't matter if he raised Ayshe and cared for her as a daughter would. He is still a murderer.

I should probably add that old me would take Ayshe and Oliver out as a love interest, because quite frankly speaking, Ayshe wouldn't love the person who killed her father. [Name] can't be forgiven here, and she understands that. As for Oliver, he's still iffy, but it's mainly the fact that he's a lot older than [Name] is, and I'm not comfortable with aging characters down anymore. It reminds me of when people would age Kakashi down to ship him with his own student :/

The second Ayshe is in her room at the Paradise, along with [Name], an argument spills out. I mean, kind of an argument??? [Name] is pretty apathetic, so it's more like Ayshe yelling at [Name] while she (pretty infuriatingly, I might add) just stands there and takes it. There's a bit of a dialogue I had in my notes here that spells it out pretty well.

"Truthfully, I don't know how it feels to lose a parent," [Name] admitted. "But I'll be here if you ever need anything."

smth smth ayshe talks about killing [name] idk

"Alright. But not now. After the revolution. When my family is safe, you can do whatever you want to me. I won't stop you."

"And what's stopping me from killing you now?" Ayshe growled. Her eyes were darting toward the walls, searching for anything that could be used as a weapon. But truthfully, with how she was acting, she could strangle [Name] right then and there.

"Be honest, Ayshe," the girl in question sighed, leering down at her. "Do you really think you could beat me?"

Yeah, [Name]'s kind of really an asshole. This is what happens when you get traumatized at age 4 and never stop getting traumatized until age 12 (13 ??? idk how time works).

But yeah, their relationship is. kind of broken then. [Name] still has the audacity to teach Ayshe how to use guns, knowing full well that Ayshe wants to kill her. But she sees Ayshe for what she can do, and quite honestly, the killing part? [Name] doesn't care about that, because she has one thing against Ayshe.

The children of Paradise.

Yeahhhh [Name] pulls that on Ayshe. That's the main thing that keeps Ayshe from attacking [Name] and Norman. Other than the fact that [Name] can and will subdue her by any means necessary, [Name] is beloved by the children, who Ayshe has no grudge against. They depend on her for security and safety, and without her, they will be lost. And as much as Ayshe hates [Name], she doesn't want to damn the cattle children. And [Name] knows this, and uses it against her. Like the bitch she is.

I honestly don't know how [name] is still alive because as good as she is at making people like her, she's x32438438 better at making people absolutely hate her like there has to be at least one assassination attempt by now

ANYWHO. its reunion time ;D

I had this idea cooking for a while, but [Name] meets the bunker kids around the same time Andrew (is that his name. idk i forgot) attacks the bunker. She's there with Isaac, Zazie, Hayato, and Jin.

So the chapter would actually start from Emma's P.O.V., after the explosion of the bunker, and then they hear gunshots. They realize that Andrew somehow survived the explosion, and we have that scene where Andrew is holding the rest of the children hostage.

Andrew's taunting Emma about her lack of ability to kill a human (he doesn't realize that Ray is 100% willing to catch a body). It's then that [Name] and co swoop in.

There's two ways that I'm thinking Andrew gets killed. The first is that Jin (I believe I made him a sniper) takes the headshot against him, and kills him. Then, [Name] comes in to take the children away from him, kicking the corpse to leave as bait, since she knows that a demon is coming close (Isaac is a very good alarm system).

The other option is that [Name] somehow manages to make no sound as she jumps down and just beheads Andrew. This option is riskier because there's the kids in Andrew's arms that she could accidentally hit, but I do think it's interesting to show that [Name] is indifferent between who she sees as an enemy, whether it be human or demon. Especially when it comes to kicking the corpse (note that it's similar to how she kicks away Faarih's corpse earlier).

Because [Name]'s enemies are those who hurt her family.

this option is also a lot less realistic but it has cool points so

Anywho, her face is majorly covered by her hood, but the girl (i forgot her name it started with N.. nadia???? the blonde one) notices her and recognizes her. Before she can say anything, [Name] just gives her a smile before she motions Isaac and Zazie to come down, and they take the group into the trench thingies of the roots.

im going off of my memory of how i wanted this to go please bear with me if im a little confused the details are not detailing

It's when they're in tunnels that [Name] reveals herself. 

You know, like. two years ago I had this scene very clear in my head but unfortunately I am no longer 15 and I am suffering from dementia (/nsrs) so. sighs

oh yeah i picked this up after like a few days so i'm typing less casually now so :D trust me its better like this

i should also mention that the camera gets taken care of by [name] and the crew prior to them jumping andrew.

ANYWAYS, REUNION TIME !!!

[NAME] DOES NOT GET PUNCHED !!! ray flicks her forehead tho because even if he likes her she isn't safe from him. she also gets tackled by like all the kids, but emma tackles her first. the paradise kids are especially surprised to see this (zazie got protective and growled whoops), but even more surprised to see the genuine smile on [name]'s face. she's smiled before in paradise, but never like this (back in paradise, she smiled to comfort the children and when she bullied norman GOODBYE)

bc lets face it. emma's the favorite out of the trio, [name] isn't even trying to hide it. tsk tsk

they talk for a bit, and [name] is introduced to the rest of the kids, namely gillian, oliver, etc. they get along relatively well, with [name] being less formal than she normally is, and a bit more reminiscent of how she was back in grace field. she expresses her condolences for the raid on the bunker, and apologizes that she couldn't get there in time. they say it's fine, and yadadada

ALRIGHT SO THERE WERE TWO WAYS TO GO FROM THIS bc im indecisive like that :/

and they both involve isaac hearing yuugo and lucas being alive

the first one is scrapped, because [name] isn't nice to adults i'm afraid, but i figured i'd share it regardless. essentially, this was back when i was trying to appease people because [name] actually goes to check up on them, and eventually lugs them back to paradise with the help of isaac. 

this is because the other children hear isaac and [name]'s conversation, and they insist that those two are their guardians. when they find them, lucas is pretty much done for, while yuugo lost his legs. but they manage to save them, although through not very ethical methods. yuugo is normal, he gets put in a wheelchair. but lucas is only saved through the usage of demon meat, which is used to heal his wounds and replace the flesh that had been burned away.

this would heal [name]'s original view of adults, as well as create a conflict between her and oliver because [name] outright questions why oliver cares so much about them (not in a belittling way, but in genuine curiosity).

but this is a corruption arc, and we're still too early for redemption <3

so what actually happens is that isaac takes [name] away to tell her about his hearings. the only thing that [name] needs to hear is that they're two adult men, and she immediately assumes that they were the attackers of the bunker. 

she asks isaac on their condition. he reasons that they're in worse states than andrew, and won't be able to leave alive. if anything, it sounds like they're ready to die.

so [name] tells isaac to leave them there, basically sealing their fate.

oh and she doesn't tell the others about this btw, like ever LMAO

it's then that emma and ray ask [name] as to what she was doing here, and what had happened. [name] says that she'll tell them when they're at the base, and that they should keep moving - you never know when your enemies are near. the kids question as to what the base is, and [name] reveals that she's working under william minerva as his lieutenant/chief.

no she doesn't say it's norman she wants them to find out on their own because she's like that smh

she goes to describe paradise in great detail, and when ray and emma ask her about minerva, she gives them the blandest description ever. like.

"It's a safe haven for all the cattle children," [Name] explained. "It's everything we ever wanted. The food is warm, we have a roof over our heads, and everyone is happy. It's... honestly one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen."

"And Minerva?" Emma asked excitedly, practically jumping on her toes. [Name] shrugged.

"He's okay," she said off-handedly, so much so that the children visibly deflated at her description. Thankfully though, Hayato was quick to jump in and restore their vision of Paradise's god.

and then chris starts dying again bc tbh i forgot about him, and then there's the farm scene. [name], hayato, and jin head in with anna, ray, and emma (because anna my homegirl she needs her spotlight too !!! ) it basically goes as it does in the manga, with zazie murdering the demons waiting outside and ray catching a glimpse of the mass-produced children inside and getting extremely traumatized.

[name] does have a comment about how she wished she could burn the factory to the ground. ray asks her why she doesn't, and [name] doesn't answer. the truth is that it would be against the plan :(

and then chris is no longer dying as much bc medicine yahoo !!

AND THEN THEY GET TO THE BASE !! im. im not going to go into so much detail here because there's a lot of what happens and i'll just tell you the main details

[NAME] IS NOT THERE FOR THE NORMAN REVEAL SHE IS. DOWN WITH VINCENT AND EXPERIMENTING AND CUTTING UP DEMONS. BUT IM STILL WRITING THE SCENE WHERE NORMAN EXPLAINS EVERYTHING (ish)

and on the topic of genocide, i will say that emma cannot talk her way out of this one boys

there will be half and half. half agree with emma, the other half (namely the goldy pond kids) heavily disagree.

and what's worse, when ray eventually finds [name] after she crawls out of the basement, he confronts her about the genocide thing. [name] asks him why is he so adamant on it, and says that she'd thought he'd be fine with it - and he is. [name] gives him one look over, and says "it's emma, isn't it."

ray nods. "she doesn't want to kill them."

and you'd expect for [name] to be conflicted and go back on her decision, but she doesn't. instead, she stares ray dead in the face and goes,

"I figured as much. That's her opinion, and she can fight for it as much as she wants. But I'm not going to stop the operation. There are more important things at risk than just her morals."

this visibly startles ray, and [name] leaves without another word. realistically, ray knows that he should've expected this - [name] wasn't going to be the same person he knew all those years ago, but to be faced with it first hand was... shocking, to say the least. by the time he collects himself, [name] is already gone.

but it's alright, because he'll see her pretty soon enough anyways.

when he and emma are talking with Cislo, barbara, and vincent, [name] enters the room and asks them what's going on (she comes in after barbara nearly breaks the table). barbara and cislo perk up at her presence, and excitedly ask her about the childhood stories that ray and emma told them about.

[name] proceeds to stare down emma and ray.

she sits onto norman's desk with papers in her hands, and asks emma as to why she's here, although she already knows the answer. emma gets very nervous when barbara and cislo also stare her down, as she knows just how much they hate demons.

thankfully, ray saves their asses and says it's something they wanted to discuss with [name] and norman. [name] hums, telling them that they'll have to wait, as norman is currently out right now conducting business. ray doesn't miss the flicker of worry in her eyes.

when the time does come for [name] and norman to have their talk with emma and ray, and argument spills out. [name] actually gets upset with emma and asks her why she wants to go so far for the people who killed their family, expressing that no matter what, she'd never forgive them, and that she'd only be happy when they're all dead. 

emma then shoots back with mujika and sonju, saying that they saved her and everyone else's lives when they had escaped. [name] lags at this revelation, but brushes it off and focuses on the fact that they can't be killed via the poison.

it's then that norman and emma make the deal - if emma comes back with a new promise in time to stop the genocide, then he'll go along with her plan.

[name] is clearly not happy about this, but she agrees, because she's going to fuck with them anyways

and this is one of my favorite scenes ever

essentially, [name] calls emma and ray over to give them supplies. emma says she didn't think [name] would help them, to which [name] says i don't like what you're doing, but i'm not going to let you walk to your death like that.

she leads them to a room full of supplies, like food and water. there's also beds, and a bathroom, which ray finds suspicious. note that [name] stays near the doorway this entire time, and never steps foot inside the room.

emma and [name] have a conversation, while ray soon realizes that there's just enough food to last them over a week - which is when the genocide would be over. there's no weapons, no lighters or flashlights, anything that [name] would usually set out for an expedition.

he sees [name]'s fingers hover over a button, the button to which he knows opened the door to this room (it's electronic btw).

before he can react, [name] shuts the door and locks it.

emma bangs on the door immediately, and [name]'s face twists with the guilt at her screams of betrayal. but [name] steels herself, and speaks over emma's words.

"I'm sorry. I really am. This... I didn't want to have to resort to this, but I couldn't think of any other way. The Seven Walls is a walking variable that I can't gamble on. What if you got lost and never came back? What if you failed? What if you died? I can't lose you two, not again."

"But-"

"Emma, please. I'm doing this because I love you. You can hate me after everything is over. You have that right. But I can't let you go to the Seven Walls. Please... try and understand where I'm coming from."

I'll see you on the other side."

yeah when i said [name] does fucked up things i meant she does fucked up things she's corruption arcing rn

BUT DON'T WORRY !! BECAUSE ISAAC LEARNS OF THIS (gilda and don probably hear the two and are trying to get the keycard to let them out and isaac has it ) AND HE BASICALLY GOES

what the actual fuck [name]

but in six year old words bc Isaac cant cuss

and he probably stops calling her mom after this because like. he can't excuse that LMAO

isaac is really conflicted on the humans and demons thing too because again, he met ayshe. he saw faarih. he knows that there can be compassion between the two races, and he's been abused by both. they're essentially the same to him, and in his heart, he knows that while [name] believes that what she's doing is right, it's only going to get worse.

so he frees emma and ray after he hears their banging and he just goes

"I don't know how you're going to do it, but hurry. The others have already left."

there's also a line where he goes

 "I don't hate demons, and I don't think [Name] does either. They're just like the lady in the white coat. They're just in the way."

okay im sorry im like a mess this is how i draft things BUT !! I SHOULD MENTION BC HONESTLY I FORGOT ABOUT [NAME]'S TRAIT BUT THIS IS HOW I WOULD MAKE IT WORK

YK [NAME]'S ANCESTORS? YK HOW LIKE MOST OF THEM HATE DEMONS? YEAH SO LIKE. JOHANNA WOULD BE THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKE SLIGHTLY SYMPATHIZES WITH THEM, BUT OVERALL THEYRE THE ONES THAT FEED INTO HER WORLDVIEW X2873287

I COULD SAY THAT THEY'RE PRESSURING HER, BUT TBH NAH THEYRE JUST ENABLING

THAT'S WHY SHES SO ADAMANT ON IGNORING THE FACTS IN FRONT OF HER, THAT DEMONS CAN HAVE COMPASSION AND THAT THEYRE NOT SO DIFFERENT FROM HUMANS

BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO HER AND IT ESSENTIALLY WRECKS HER WORLDVIEW

so she just pretends she does not see

and then we'll just skip to where the final battle happens against queen i cannot spell her last name for the life of me

THIS IS GOING TO BE CONFUSING BC MAN I DID NOT PLAN AND IM REACHING BACK INTO 2 YRS OF MEMORY THAT HAVE FADED

i don't have a lot to say here, except there are worst things happening than just cislo losing his leg. I WANT !!! BLOODSHED !!! so. barbaras dying im sorry

LISTEN. IN THE MANGA GIRLY LITERALLY GETS IMPALED IN THE STOMACH AND DOESNT RECEIVE MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR A GOOD WHILE IM SORRY SHES BLEEDING OUT IDK HOW UR GOING TO FIX THAT EVEN WITH LAMBDA DRUGS SHES NOT REGENERATING

it would be kinda sad actually to have [name] be the one to put an end to barbara's misery. they have this whole conversation after yverk or whatever his name is i hate demon names gets murked and [name] ends up shooting her to put her out bc bleeding out !!! is not fucking fun

also barbara says smth like "It's alright, you guys. You don't have to look so sad. I was gonna die anyways... Going out killing that bastard, I wouldn't have it any other way."

man :(

it also throws a wrench into norman and [name]'s plans to not have a single drop of human blood be bled, because thats. thats a lot of drops my guy

or i could just not kill barbara :/// 

ANYWHO !!! emma and ray come in. [name] is holding barbara's body (or not idk if she dies or not flip a coin to decide)

BUT. LEMME JUST SAY THAT . EMMA CANNOT TALK HER WAY THROUGH [NAME]

IT WORKS ON NORMAN BC SIR WAS WAVERING AND DIDN'T REALLY WANT TO DO THIS, BUT [NAME]S HERE W GUNS AND SWORDS AND SHE'S READY TO BLAST EVERYONE

she gets into another argument and eventually, the secret comes out that both [name] and norman have been subject to the lambda drugs as well, and are going to die with the rest of them lambda kids

and that's why [name] doesn't want to go back on her plan. she knows that demons aren't all bad. she knows that there are good ones. she knows, she's seen them in her memories. 

but she wants to make sure that even after she's gone, the children have a place to live in, a place where they don't have to be afraid of being eaten.

there's a line that i put down in my notes that reads:

"I'm not like you, Emma. I was never meant to be a hero. Truthfully, I don't care how history remembers me. The [L. Name] clan can go down as monsters for all I care. All I want is for our family to be free. And I'll do anything to make that happen."

AND HONESTLY I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO GO ???

I'M ASSUMING ???? that emma somehow found out about [name]'s condition (maybe they found her records in lambda?) but honestly that doesn't really make sense

but yeah tldr ? [name] is stubborn as hell. her hatred of the demons is literally 9 years old and she ain't budging from one therapy session. trauma doesn't work like that

BUT. BUT BUT BUT

gorian becomes relevant again

somehow

yes i did not forget about him surprising right?!?!

HONESTLY IF I HAD MORE TIME/MOTIVATION TO ACTUALLY WORK ON THIS. HE'D HAVE MORE DEVELOPMENT BUT I DO HAVE NOTES ??? FOR HIM BACK IN THE DAYY

we'll get to that later

because surprise !!! THE QUEENS NOT DEAD SHE HAS TWO CORES BECAUSE OFC SHE DOES SMH

cislo gets his leg bitten off owie

AND !!! everyone is very very scared very terrified they have no idea what to do

[name] and norman are at a loss, their troops are injured, and the queen basically did the equivalent of eating a sweet madame in genshin impact

zazie gets throatchopped so hard he flies into a pillar (he's okay dw)

and the queen has this thing where she like nearly eats [name] because homegirl is literally frozen in fear because what the fuck is that thing what the hell

but dw, sonju + mujika come to save the day, but NOT JUST THEM !! gorian is also here, and he steals [name] away while sonju impales the queen

[name] expresses her shock, calling out his name in complete surprise (while everyone else is like HOW DO U KNOW THIS GUY) and gorian just smiles and waves.

AND THIS IS HOW !!! we reveal that broski gorian. is. an evil blooded

and let me copy and paste the backstory that i had in mind for gorian back then

 A former demon soldier, Gorian lived through the Great War and through the making of the Promise. He was alive when humans roamed the demon realm free, and he was alive when they began to kill demons in retaliation. Gorian used to be a faithful soldier, yet as a commoner, he was paid little. He had no particular view on humans, only that they were food, and nothing more. He had two younger siblings, and they are the same that Johanna ends up sparing in [Name]'s vision. He was very poor, and that is why he and his family ended up so haggard. His siblings eventually died of malnutrition, and Gorian never forgave himself for leaving their side. He never picked up his spear again.

Gorian met Johanna in the midst of a battle, but not the battlefield. They were both tired, hungry, and exhausted, and quite frankly, neither wanted to fight. In the end, they begrudgingly decided on a truce and ended up eating together. Surprisingly, Gorian had no human meat on him, having already ate it that morning. Even more surprisingly, he did not make a move to eat Johanna despite this hunger. They would eventually bond, Johanna being surprised at the demon's kindness and learning of his dreams, and vice versa. They never met again after that, but Gorian still remembers her vividly. It was the first time he had seen a human as a person, rather than food or an enemy. It was this meeting that lead to his distaste of human meat, and ended up finding Mujika and becoming an Evil-Blooded.

ALSOOO Gorian was well aware that MC was human due to the imperfect perfume (thankfully it was mainly because he had a sharper nose), and moreso, he recognized Johanna from her mannerisms. She may have been acting, but he had been listening as she spoke with Ayshe, and it was that cold, serious manner of speaking that was so familiar. Also, high chance that he saw her in the woods prior to their meeting, and just didn't say shit.

ALRIGHT ENOUGH GORIAN BACKSTORY

SO UM. YEAH GORIAN OUTRIGHT PROTECTING [NAME] BEFUDDLES HER AND HER WATCHING MUJIKA AND SONJU FIGHT FOR THE CHILDREN'S SAKE, PROTECTING HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY

THATS WHAT GETS HER TO CRACK

THATS WHAT GETS HER TO BE LIKE

"Why?"

"Why are you...? For... us?"

SHE LEGIT CANT UNDERSTAND BUT SHE ALSO CANT DENY SLASH IGNORE IT ANYMORE

anyways enough of [name] having an existential crisis

BACK TO QUEEN WHATS HER FACE

okay im looking at the manga rn and like. if her cores in her stomach just shove a bomb down her throat or smth but WHATEVER

BUT IT BASICALLY GOES THE SAME WAY IN THE MANGA, WHERE QUEEN BASICALLY SELF DESTRUCTS BECAUSE HER DIGESTIVE SYSTEM ISN'T AS SLAY AS SHE THOUGHT IT WAS

And when it's time to say goodbye, [Name] watches as Emma hugs Sonju and Mujika, and everyone says goodbye. She stares at the demons, and eventually works up the courage to step forth, and bow her head to them.

She doesn't apologize for what she did to them, but she does give her thanks. She admits that without them, they'd all be dead right now, and she extends her sincere gratitude.

Then, she turns to Gorian. And she hugs him, because ideally, if I wrote this story fully, they'd have a closer relationship than they do in this draft. They part their ways, and [Name] squeezes him one last time, before leaving.

ALRIGHT UHM . AN E WAYSSS

ABOUT THE GOVERNING, LEUVIS... I DONT LIKE HIM BEING THERE LIKE YAHOO !!! EVERYTHING IS FINE SO HE MIGHT JUST STAY DEAD FOR ME :// THE ELDERS CAN CROWN MUJIKA THEY HAVE ENOUGH AUTHORITY TO

REST GOES LIKE THE MANGA, PETER RATRI AND STUFF, HE KILLS HIMSELF BECAUSE GUESS WHAT !!! i don't care if he dies or not

the moms rebelling??? yeah sure why not imma just say that they did it because if a bunch of 12 yr olds can kill the queen of demons why not them hmmmmmm (ignore the chest heart shocker thing)

but isabella and [name] do have a conversation

You know how Isabella says "You'll forgive us?"

the kids say "we're not holding grudges"

[name] in the corner:

because i'm not letting isabella go just like that nah man she still broke emma's leg

[Name] basically tells her that she could never forgive Isabella for what she did. She hates her, but even so, she recognizes that Isabella too is a victim of the system. She deserves to be free like the rest of them. Choosing to stay and eventually die in the demon world is the coward's way out - so if Isabella, and the rest of the moms, want forgiveness, they better earn that damn forgiveness.

hehe forgive

alright. now for the elephant in the room.

TLDR . I'M NOT KILLING OFF ISABELLA. SHE'S LIVING. FUCK YOU IM NOT LETTING HER TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT SHE IS LIVING AND REPENTING AND NOT SIX FEET UNDER

HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE IT SO THAT ISABELLA DOESN'T DIE ?

easy

she has a gun :|

LIKE DID THE MANGA WRITERS LEGIT FORGET THAT ISABELLA HAS A GUN OR

SHE DID NOT HAVE TO THROW HERSELF IN FRONT OF THE DEMON AND SACRIFICE HERSELF

SO BOOM BOOM BANG BANG AMERICA

AND NOW !! PROMISE TIME

SO HOW DO I DEAL WITH EMMA'S MEMORY LOSS ??

WELL OKAY SO YOU KNOW HOW LIKE . EMMA IS LIKE "i have a feeling i know you"

yeah that doesn't happen here

WE DO NOT DO THAT HERE

SHE DOES NOT REMEMBER JACK SHIT

except .

one thing

[name]

BECAUSEEEEE AT THIS POINT

EMMA DOES NOT SEE [NAME] AS FAMILY

SHE SEES HER AS SOMETHING MORE

BC

dw i did not forget this is an x reader story

so [name] is the only one emma has any recollection of, although its not much

she knows her personality, her name, and brief flashes of their times together

but everything else is just blank

she remember [name]'s face, her smile, and who she is

and so [name] actually ends up in the cabin with emma

and the person who i told this too they were like cottagecore lesbians and i was like YEA :D

[name] is actually bedridden for a bit because lambda, but she still has some of her pills so she's okay for now

and she ends up living with emma, who isn't the same person that she knew, but she still grows to love her all the same

emma does apologize for not remembering anything, but [name] assures her it's okay. although, she does have a moment where she quietly yells at the past emma, asking her why she was such an idiot and didn't tell anyone, and held this burden by herself.

[name] does get in contact with the other children, but chooses not to bring emma to them because she isn't ready. she does explain what happened, though, and gives them time to process it

This last arc would be about [Name] learning to forgive herself from her actions, and forgiving those who had wronged her in her past as well. She also loses her trait when she goes to the human realm, smth smth I'll make it work with the Promise

AND. OKAY HERE'S ANOTHER TWO PATHWAYS THIS COULD GO AND THE FIRST ONE IS THE PRIMARILY CANON ONE

1.) Emma and [Name] eventually intigrate back into the family, happy endings !! They grow used to everyone else, and they go on their journey to accomplish their dreams. [Name] gets to see the sea for the first time, and actually cries at it. She just thinks it's so beautiful.

Also, as for integrating back into human society, [Name] does go to school, and meets a female teacher (it has to be female because [Name] has trauma with adult women) who ends up being her best friend and confidant. She also goes to therapy with the rest of the children, and is vice ceo instead of Ray because Ray deserves to have a break and become an architect or something. She works from home <3

And they have different endings depending on where they are !! Ray's is in Italy, Norman's is in Japan, and Emma's ending is back at the cottage <333 Personally, I love all three of them together so polyamory could work, but the most canon one in my heart is Norman because of their development together

also isaac is fine he is going to school and living his best life as a 7 feet tall 6-8 yr old with zazie

2.) [name] dies

THIS WAS EXTREMELY SELF INDULGENT BUT YES. THERE WAS AN ENDING WHERE [NAME] SUCCUMBS TO LAMBDA DISEASE AND STRAIGHT UP PERISHES NEXT TO EMMA LIKE SHE JUST CLOSES HER EYES AND NEVER WAKES UP

it was funny as hell to think about but i wouldn't do that to you guys so it's not canon

but it was an option remember that and be afraid

ANDDDD THAT'S WHERE IT ALL ENDS !!! I DO THINK I HAD SOMETHING FOR THE DEVAS FAMILY, SMTH ABOUT SIDRA BEING THE BLACK SHEEP WHICH IS LMAO BUT WE WILL. WE WILL IGNORE THAT BECAUSE I HATE SIDRA SO MUCH AS A CHARACTER SHE MAKES ME CRY IN SHAME

---

END OF STORY NOTES

---

JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS SO MUCH this is literally the longest chapter of the entire series thats so sad GOODBYE

BUT !!! YEAH THAT'S HOW FORGIVE WAS SUPPOSED TO GO, HAD I HAD THE MOTIVATION TO CONTINUE WRITING IT

Honestly, it saddens me as much as it saddens you that I couldn't finish it, but hey, what can you do. I'm just grateful for all of you for sticking by so long (the daddy it's been a year comment really pushed me to make this i started cackling), and I love you all so much.

I do have other works planned, but I've learned my lesson from Forgive, and it'll be a while before I publish them, because I want to be at least 10 chapters in advance before I start publishing, and plot is. plot is difficult. like what the fuck

But for the meantime, you can find me on my tumblr milksnake-tea, I write x reader drabbles and oneshots for Honkai Star Rail, or you can find me on discord!! I acknowledge that the discord is dead as hell but it exists if you want to talk to me <3

Thank you again for sticking by me for so long, and it's time to say good bye. I love you guys!

- Allergy, now known as Illu/Lui

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342K 16.3K 64
✧ 𝑨 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 ✧ 𝑯𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒕...
127K 4.4K 12
ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ (ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴsᴇʀᴛ) »»--------- ♔ ---------«« "𝘪'𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦." "𝘪'𝘥...
604 44 30
❝"You two are so cute, it's sickening." Norman said. I laughed, "We could say the same about you and Em." "Okay, that's fair." Norman said, wrapping...
848K 39.3K 46
𝄞 The Promised Neverland x F!Reader 𝄞 "People change, whether we like it or not." Grace Field Orphanage was a child's paradise. Their caretaker was...