The Amazing Spider-Luz (Owl H...

Emperor_Drakkon által

17 year old Luz Noceda had a life she loved. A family, friends, and a hometown she could always find out some... Több

Issue 1: Humble Beginnings
Issue 2: Fantasy and Reality
Issue 3: Mystic Mutation
Issue 4: The Strangest Things
Issue 5: With Great Power
Issue 6: Comes Great Responsibility
Issue 7: Spider-Witch
Issue 8: Say My Name
Issue 9: The Golden Goblin
Issue 10: Not So Secret Identity
Issue 12: On The Hunt
Issue 13: Friendly Neighborhood
Issue 14: Witch Hunter
Issue 15: End Of The Hunt
Issue 16: Sittin' On A Tree
Issue 17: Second Rate
Issue 18: What Makes A Hero
Issue 19: Mysterious Mystery
Issue 20: Lights Out
Issue 21: Warhammer
Issue 22: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Issue 23: Sticks and Stones
Issue 24: Breaking News
Issue 25: Confident Confidence
Issue 26: Predator and Prey
Issue 27: Bitterness
Issue 28: The Blight of My Life
Issue 29: Grom Night
Issue 30: Break-Up
Special: The Amazing Spider-Anne
Issue 31: Intervention
Issue 32: Lumity
Issue 33: The Iron Owl
Issue 34: Magically Magical Magic
Issue 35: Death of The Golden Goblin
Issue 36: The Owl and The Spider
Issue 37: Rise of Scorn
Issue 38: Supersuit
Issue 39: Team-Up
Issue 40: The Sinister Six
Issue 41: Philip Wittebane
Issue 42: Heart Of Iron
Issue 43: The Boiling Isles
Issue 44: Titan
The End
Unknown Transmission (Teaser)
The Owl-Verse

Issue 11: Good As Gold

864 33 22
Emperor_Drakkon által

It had been about a day since The Golden Goblin's attack and Luz's accidental reveal to her sister. Not to mention, it was a Sunday, so one more day before school once again began.

"Mom could see that, y'know." Vee said, looking at her sister hanging upside down from the ceiling.

Luz sighed. "I'm just really trying to think of a name. Like, if people are gonna keep calling me Spider-Girl or whatever, I wanna shoot back with something like..."

She then hopped down and struck a pose. "No! It's so and so!" She then turned to her sister. "Get what I mean?"

"Weren't you attached to Spider-Light?" Vee asked. "I thought it was catchy."

Luz nodded. "That was gonna be my first choice, but then you brought up Spider-Witch and the more and more I think about it, my powers are magic and even my costume is kinda like The Good Witch Azura!"

"I'd go with Spider-Witch then." Vee said, sitting up. "It sounds catchy and fits your overall mystic theme...speaking of, can you do any other magic?"

Luz shrugged. "No idea. So far, it's just the spider powers...they're still super cool though, right?"

"Totally!!!" Vee cried with a grin. "Wait, wait! I can be your guy in the chair! Or girl in the chair, you know what I mean!"

Luz tilted her head. "Ummm, huh?"

"You know! A lot of superheroes have these assistants on the computer that are telling them a bunch of info and telling them where to go, that kinda person!" Vee said. "Lemme be that! I'm pretty tech-savvy!"

Luz thought about it for a minute before she grinned as she began to imagine it. "That would be awesome! I'm swinging around and then-"

"And then I say which crimes to go to and get to watch the whole thing! Maybe even give you some fighting tips!" Vee cried.

Luz and Vee then high fived. "Noceda Twins!!!"

Later that day, Luz decided to go out for another swing while Vee worked on setting up everything she needed to be her 'gal in the chair'. This wasn't to goof off though despite how fun web-swinging actually was for Luz.

This was to keep an eye out. She now had her first real supervillain. People were going to rely on her. So many lives were now resting in her hands.

She couldn't let them down.

"Vee's narrating would be awesome right about now." Luz hummed to herself as she twirled around in the air and kept swinging...but then, her head began ringing rather loudly. She whipped around and was punched across the face suddenly.

Luz fell through the air, but shot a web and pulled herself onto a rooftop, looking around before her head once again rang and she whipped her body to the other direction.

And sure enough, hovering above her was none other than Golden Goblin, with his glider repaired.

"Hello, little spider..." Golden Goblin grinned as he hopped off his glider and onto the rooftop. "Did you miss me?"

Luz raised her fists, her eyes narrowing. "Already want an encore, Goldie? Well, you are my biggest fan, so I guess I can oblige!" She cried as she threw a punch at Golden Goblin.

Golden Goblin dodged, stepping back with a cackle. "Put the fists away, spider...I'm not here to fight."

"Punching me right out of the air? Yeah, that's totally a truce." Luz said, crossing her arms. "What do you want? In fact, I bet you have some of your fancy bombs placed around here somewhere!"

Golden Goblin took a seat on the ledge. "If I had placed some around, I'm sure your fancy little sixth-sense would've detected them by now. I'm here to...offer a proposal."

"A proposal?" Luz asked, covering her mouth. "Oh...oh, this is so sudden! I...I'm sorry, but there is another! Oh, and you're also psychotic..."

"Not wrong." Golden Goblin cackled. "But no...a partnership kind of proposal. I've seen firsthand what you can do, little spider..."

Luz crossed her arms again. "It's Spider-Witch. Took a note from that supposed insult you called me yesterday."

"...witch, huh?" Golden Goblin asked. "How ironic...your power is pure magic. You haven't even unlocked the full potential of the power you've been given, and you're already stronger than any mere human being."

He then looked out at the city. "There are billions of people across the world...yet, two of them are incredibly exceptional. You and me...we may have different powers from different sources, but at the end of the day, power is power..."

Spider-Witch's eyes narrowed. "What? You're saying I should use my power for myself?"

"Not quite." Golden Goblin said. "But, you could...what I'm offering is a partnership. Imagine what we could accomplish together. What we could create! What we could destroy! Anything we want at our very fingertips...you want to help people? We can help people. You want to conquer? This entire city doesn't stand a chance at defending themselves..."

He then stepped closer to her. "And do you really have any idea where your powers actually come from? How dangerous they actually are despite the fact that you've hardly even scratched the surface?"

Spider-Witch took a step back. "Whatever my powers are, I'm using them for what is right...and even if I were to believe you, that doesn't take away the fact that you went after innocent people just to lure me out!"

"It worked, didn't it?" Golden Goblin cackled. "I wouldn't reject my proposal just yet, Spider-Witch...think about it. There is so much that we know that you don't...and the answers can be yours."

Spider-Witch's eyes widened. "'We'? What? Who are you working with?"

"If you say yes when we meet again? You'll find out." Golden Goblin smirked as his glider came flying back.

Spider-Witch then lunged forward. "Or I find out now with you behind bars-!"

Golden Goblin then suddenly threw down a smoke bomb, disorienting Spider-Witch and causing her to cough and stumble. He then hopped onto his glider and flew off quickly, escaping and living to fight another day.

Spider-Witch cleared the smoke and even lifted her mask just slightly so she could cough. After she was done, she put her mask back down and looked around for her foe, but to no avail.

She then hopped off the building, swinging around to see if she could find him. But after a while of searching, it was clear that he was gone.

'Does...does he know where that spider came from? And does he think I'm stupid enough to actually consider his offer?! He's a psycho!' Spider-Witch thought as she swung. 'He tried to kill me yesterday! I may wanna know what my powers are, but I'm not going to go bad just to find out! It's a mystery I can solve myself...right?'

She then landed somewhere, sitting down just to get her head straight. 'I should probably head home...Mama and Vee are probably-'

"It's...it's you..." A familiar voice whispered.

Spider-Witch jumped and she quickly whipped around again, realizing she was sitting on a balcony. And then, she froze.

Amity. She was at Amity's home.

"Amity- I-I mean Miss Blight! Ummm...hello!" Spider-Witch said, blushing profusely under her mask and silently praying the strange voice-changing of her mask was working.

Amity looked at her in surprise. "You...know my name?"

"I-I heard your name from your cop-father yesterday!" Spider-Witch said. "P-plus, you look like an Amity! It's a pretty name...n-not to sound like a creep or anything!"

Amity blinked before suddenly...giggling. "You're around my age under that mask, aren't you?"

"Psh! Whaaaat? Nooo!" Spider-Witch cried before facepalming. "I totally just gave it away by saying that, didn't I?"

"Yes." Amity smirked.

Spider-Witch sighed. "I suck at this secret identity thing...you haven't already figured out who I am, have you?"

"No?"

"Please don't try." Spider-Witch said. "I know I'm basically a complete stranger, but it's so I can protect the people I care about."

Amity's eyes softened. "I...I had a feeling. I don't intend to try and find out, Spider...ummm..."

"Spider-Witch." She said. "I finally made a choice, heh!"

Amity looked at her costume for a moment before mumbling. "It does resemble The Good Witch Azura..."

Spider-Witch's eyes widened, especially at the thought of her crush being an Azura fan. "What?"

"Uhh, I mean! It looks...really mystical!" Amity quickly corrected. "So, uhh, makes sense!"

Spider-Witch nodded before standing up. "W-well, I accidentally landed here, s-so I'll leave you be-"

"W-wait!" Amity said, suddenly grabbing her hand.

Spider-Witch's eyes widened and her face reddened even further under the mask. "Y...yes...?"

"I...I never thanked you." Amity said. "F...for saving my life yesterday..."

Spider-Witch slowly hopped off the balcony to properly stand across from her, not taking Amity's hand off her own. "I...y-you're welcome...it's what I do."

"...my dad thinks you're some kind of reckless vigilante." Amity said. "Or...he used to. He's a cop, so maybe he appreciates the help. I'm not sure, he's hard to read."

Spider-Witch laughed a bit. "Not many people are fond of me is what I'm hearing from this..."

"...I-I wouldn't say that." Amity said. "You saved my life, Spider-Witch...you save so many people and actually take a stand to people who just try to make lives worse. You put yourself in danger just for others...that's actually...inspiring. You're a hero."

Spider-Witch's face reddened even more as she looked into Amity's beautiful eyes. "I...I...t-thank you..."

"...is that golden guy gonna come back?" Amity asked suddenly.

Spider-Witch suddenly gave Amity's hand a reassuring squeeze. "I think so...but, he's not going to hurt anyone..."

"...thank you again." Amity whispered, smiling softly at her. "I...if there's anything I can do to repay you-"

"J-just stay safe." Spider-Witch said before slowly letting go of her hand. "I-I better gay though- GO. I-I MEAN GO! UHHH...B-BYE!" She cried before quickly swinging off.

Amity watched her swing off with some slight confusion at her last words, but also in awe at how she just effortlessly took off into the air. She then smiled a bit before walking inside.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

7K 193 8
After Belos petrified Eda, Luz is left alone in the Owl House regretting not being able to stop it. In her sorrow and despair, a man appears. Who is...
12.8K 435 15
Amity Blight, known as the top student at Hexside, finally works up the courage to ask out her human crush Luz Noceda... but what will Willow, Amity'...
1.5K 46 26
Luz Noceda and Amity Blight are in college.. I call it school.. Don't ask. They're 18 in the start and god knows what they are in the end. I don't re...
1.4K 69 8
You are a young successful model, but your career wasn't quite as stressful as it looked next to being a spider-girl, with a tragic past. It doesn't...