I KNOW PLACES | George Russell

By piastrisversion

Ariella Irwin, the sister of the 5 seconds of Summer drummer, Ashton Irwin, has been racing for most of her l... More

Cast + introduction
1. Formal greetings
Formal greetings - instagram
2. Lunch
3. the man
4. Qualifying
Qualifying - Socials
5. the euphoric feeling
6. Bahrain GP
7. permanent marker
8. La La Land
La La Land - socials
9. Mario Kart
Mario Kart - instagram
10. "those walls aren't very thick"
11. an unfamiliar feeling
12. the band is back
13. pretend
14. burning red
15. 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 - instagram
16. cake batter ice cream
17. if walls could talk
18. Goldfish
19. not quite blue, not entirely green
20. little black dress
21. we know she isnt your girlfriend
22. guilt
23. talk fast, romance
24. turned into your worst fears
25. Lando
26. the string of beads
27. tightrope
28. red flag
29. california
30. flowers
32. loves a fragile little flame
33. something happens when everybody finds out
34. grieving for the living
35. truth
36. right where we left off
37. holiday
38. natural talent
epilogue

31. girl at home

972 22 6
By piastrisversion

Silverstone
Sunday

George's pov

"Oh shit. George wake up!" A hand slaps me repeatedly in the chest. "Come on we are going to be late!" That sure as hell woke me up.

I jump out of bed, grab a selection of clothes from the drawers and head for the bathroom to quickly change into them.

"Sunglasses?" An anxious Ariella asks me as soon as I emerge from the bathroom. She's already changed into new clothes, probably changed out here while I was in there. I point to the desk in the corner of the room and her body relaxes slightly at the sight of her glasses on the table.

She picks up the sunglasses and a dark coloured hat from the desk. She then jogs back over to where I'm standing, grabbing the bag she brought on her way. "Bye babe." She presses a short kiss to my lips before darting out the door.

I soon follow after.

By some miracle the both of us got to the track just as we were supposed to get there. She arrived just before I did.

I see her ahead of me in the paddock and I have full intentions to catch up with her and wish her good luck. Lewis catches her before I'm able to, and strangely he grabs the hat off her head and places it on his own.

And that's when I realize.

She was in such a rush this morning that she accidentally grabbed one of my hats instead of her own. I owe all my thanks to Lewis for playing it off as some joke.

She's completely silent when I catch up to her. "Don't worry about it. It was just a generic one." I mutter, knowing her nerves are definitely overloading. She shakes her head so lightly I almost miss it.

I take note of how she takes a hard swallow before she speaks. "Christians going to find out. He's smart, he'll put two and two together." Her voice comes out in waves, spiking higher at some parts showing just how nervous the situation makes her.

Our hands bump each other at our sides and I extend mine a little bit more so that my thumb can brush against the back of her hand. It's a poor attempt at comforting her but really it's the only thing I can think of that won't send her into more of a panic.

"He won't, Ariella. There's no way. You're okay. We will be okay." I try to reassure her, she nods but doesn't seem convinced. "I've gotta go." She gestures to the Red Bull hospitality and leaves without another word.

-☆-

I finished p3, making it another finish inside the top 5, the third in a row. It sucks that Ariella hasn't been able to drive, though. Since she broke her arm, her overall mood hasn't been a very happy one.

Something else seems to be bothering her now, too. Her energy has been off ever since we got back from the track and I'm not sure what it is.

"Do you want to go out with everyone else tonight?" I sit next to the girl, who is currently lying down on my hotel rooms mattress. My flat in London is too far to be driving back and forth everyday. But we will be staying there next week during our break.

"I'm not really up for it tonight. I just don't have the energy." She says with a sigh and I nod understandingly. I must've looked upset because she quickly starts talking again. "It's nothing against you im so proud of you for your p3 finish." She sits up to face me fully.

She uses her good hand to capture my jaw and pull me closer to her, kissing my lips when she does. "Please go out. I don't want to take any celebration from you." She smiles and kisses the corner of my mouth, her hand still on my jaw.

"I want to celebrate with you, though." I say sadly, and I can feel the slight pout form on my face. It's a silent plea for her to go with me.

She seems to think it over for a minute. "How about we celebrate afterwards?" She tilts her head slowly to the side. My eyes widen at the thought.

Her own eyes soon widen too, probably realizing her suggestive choice of words as her own eyes widen. "No! Not like that!" That infectious laugh of hers is coated in each word as she says them, which makes me smile impossibly wide.

"Are you sure?" I'm not really fond of leaving her alone, but if it's truly what she wants then I'll go along with it.

"Yes! Please go celebrate with all our friends." Her brown eyes widen and turn into these big puppy dog eyes that I can't bring myself to go against.

I give in to her persistent urges. "Okay fine. But only for an hour or two then I'm coming right back here." One of my hands travels it's way up to the back of her neck and pulls her into a deep and sentimental kiss.

"Go have fun! I'll see you later!" She looks genuinely okay with me leaving but part of me feels bad about it.

I get to the club soon after and a number of drivers are already piled into the vip section. "Georgie, mate! Where's Ariella?" A minorly drunk Max asks when I approach the section. "Said she wasn't up to it." I explain shortly and he looks disappointed.

"You're an idiot." He shakes his head and points a finger in my face, reminding me of a moment just months ago when he was accusing me of liking the girl. A give him a look which clues him in on the fact I haven't a clue what he was talking about.

"You should've stayed with her." He provides the further explanation. "She insisted I go out." He groans, annoyed with me. "Mate! It doesn't matter you stay with her anyways!" I feel instantly stupid. I should've listened to the part of me that was telling me not to go.

"Should I go back then?" I ask him, trying to figure out how to better the situation. He shakes his head. "You're already here! Have a few!" He puts a drink in my empty hands and walks off.

Awhile later as I'm sitting at a table with many of the other drivers, four girls come up to the table.

"Can we join you?" One of them asks the group of us in a rather flirty tone. A few of the guys agree which leads the group of them to fill in blank spots at the table. One of the spots being next to me.

"Hello." The girl is the furthest thing away from Ariella. Blonde hair falling over her shoulders and blue eyes gleaming from the light in the club. I had to admit she was pretty but I definitely would never go for her.

"Hi." I greet back to be friendly, not really wanting a conversation. "I'm Layla. And you are...?" She trails off, expecting my answer. "George." I pair the short answer with a short smile. "Ooh classy name." She coos out. I think that's the end of the conversation, but she just keeps it going.

"This shirt looks so good on you." One of her hands goes up to grasp at the collar of the white button up. Her other hand lands high up on my thigh. "Uh... thanks." I try and scoot away from her, hoping she would get the hint but she doesn't.

"You're welcome. Aren't you going to compliment me?" The blonde's lips turn into a pout. Her hand on my thigh gets closer to the spot that's becoming unbearably tighter against my will. "You've got nice hair?" It wasn't meant to be a question but it comes out as one.

The girl bites her lip and gets even closer to me. "Why don't we get out of here and you can pull that nice hair. C'mon I can tell you want it." She palms at my pants.

Think with your head, think with your head. Ariella is waiting for you. Don't make her worst fears come true. Don't be a dick. Think with your head.

I push the girl away from me and offer her no other words as I head urgently towards the exit of the club. I don't thing anyone even noticed I left.

Once I get back to the hotel I head straight for my love who was now sleeping on the bed. She looks so carefree in her sleep and I wish I could keep her like that forever. I want to take all her problems away, but I fear tonight may have just caused another one of those problems.

I sprinkle kisses all over her face until she wakes up.

Her eyes slowly open and she smiles when she sees me. "Oh hey." Her smile and soft words make me melt internally. "Hello love." I wrap my arms tightly around her as I lay down on the bed next to her. I pull her impossibly close to me and leave multiple kisses on the top of her head.

"I love you." Her words are muffled by me encasing her, but I make them out clearly. I don't deserve those three words, not from her. I don't deserve her.

"I love you, too."

(1535 words)
☆———————————————————☆
A/N - WOMP WOMP BIG FUCKIN WOMP WOMP

uh oh I wrote about another generic idea that happens in every other fanfic but no one is stopping me so I will continue😈

LANDO P2 TODAY IM GONNA EXPLODE also justice for Oscar.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 8.9K 63
My name is Sophie, Sophie Irwin I am the younger sister of Ashton Irwin yes the drum player from 5 seconds if summer. Well my life is tough but you w...
31.1K 593 62
Harley lives in Sydney with her family. Her life seems just ordinary But what happens if I tell you that her brother is Ashton Irwin,a member of a...
2.9K 105 16
I'm Riah Clifford, my older brother is Michael Clifford. Sound familiar? He's in a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer, otherwise known as 5SOS. His band...
3.9K 179 53
Bindi is a 17 year old girl getting ready to go to college next year. Her brother is Ashton Irwin. He is the drummer of Five Seconds of Summer. She i...