𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐘 | 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦�...

By iheartsc

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ── 𝘸𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴... More

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐘.
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟏, summer.
𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭[𝟏].
𝐢. summer house.
𝐢𝐢. summer dress.
𝐢𝐢𝐢. summer nights.
𝐢𝐯. summer heat.
𝐯. summer catch.
𝐯𝐢. summer tides.
𝐯𝐢𝐢. summer love.
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟐, love.
𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭[𝟐].
𝐢. lost love.
𝐢𝐢. love scene.
𝐢𝐯. love game.
𝐯. love fool.
𝐯𝐢. love fest.

𝐢𝐢𝐢. love sick.

1.2K 17 1
By iheartsc

THREE ❀ LOVE SICK.
.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆..⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.

[italics=flashbacks]
bella's pov:

i sigh as i walk into my bedroom, steven close behind me.

"are you ok?" he asks me, closing the door behind him.

i sit down on my bed and shake my head yes before saying "yeah. i just can't believe that my own aunt is trying to sell my mom's house."

"yeah, i get it. this whole situation is really stupid" steven says, as he sighs and sits on the bed next to me.

"do you wanna sleep in here tonight?" i ask looking over at him.

he smiles a genuine smile and says "of course" while grabbing my hand, and looping his fingers with mine.

i sigh gently before pressing a kiss onto his cheek.

i pull away and rest my head against his shoulder.

we fix my bed a little while later and change into pajamas before crawling into bed.

a little while later i hear steven's breathing even out, which tells me that he's most likely asleep.

i try to force myself to go to sleep, but i can't. there's so much going on in my brain, and i can't get a single thought out.

i can't believe that my own aunt would try and sell my mom's house.

every memory of summer i have is in this town. in this house. like surfing, staying up all night with belly and the boys, going to parties, drinking sun tea with mom and laurel, and getting with the boy of my dreams.

living a life without mom is hard enough, but living a life without steven, belly and laurel hurts too.

if aunt julia does sell the house, it means no more summers in cousins. no more being with the conklins. no more magic, as mom would say. and i couldn't live with that. i wouldn't.

so i'm gonna do everything in my power to keep this house, to keep mom's memory.

when i do fall asleep a little bit later, i dream of what life used to be like. being in cousins with mom and everybody else, and it was perfect.

----------

SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2023

it is officially prom day. well steven's prom day, he just invited me.

i spent the whole day yesterday driving to the conklin household, and it was definitely worth it. well the drive definitely wasn't worth it, but the look on steven's face when i showed up definitely was.

i was getting ready with belly and taylor. i was wearing a light teal blue silk dress, with black heels and my hair was curled in a half up, half down pony tail.

i walked down the stairs and into the living room to see steven, conrad, and taylor's date waiting for us girls in the living room.

when i stepped foot in the living room steven instantly looked up and had a jaw-dropping expression on his face.

he smiles before walking up to me and wrapping his arms around me.

"hi, you-you look absolutely gorgeous" he says, stumbling to get his words out.

i smile up at him and say "so do you" before grabbing his hand and getting ready for laurel to take our pictures.

once laurel has taken everyone's photos, we get inside steven's car and he drives us to the school.

after we'd been at prom for about an hour it was time to dance.

steven gets up from his seat beside me and says "shall we dance."

"yes we shall" i say in a fake accent while laughing.

i get up and grab his hand and walk over to the dance floor. that's when i notice that conrad still hasn't asked belly to dance.

i signaled to steven about the situation and so he goes up to conrad and says "you gonna ask my sister to dance fisher?"

when he was done he walked back over to me and smiled before taking my hand in his.

in the middle of us dancing, sweet nothing by taylor swift comes on, and everything's perfect.

but the thing is, in that moment he didn't know that he was loosing me, and i didn't know either.

----------

when i woke up the next morning, i checked my phone to see that i had a text from jere that said, me and belly are going to see aunt julia.

i looked over at the spot that steven was laying at in the bed and noticed that he was gone. where did he go?

i got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth, before heading downstairs to see if that's where everyone else was.

"yeah and she said, do you want me to gift the house to you?" jere said before continuing "like it isn't our house in the first place."

"hey guys, talking about bitchy old aunt julia" i say, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen as everyone laughs.

"yeah" conrad says, as i go to stand by steven.

"well, she's a bitch anyway, i mean she shut the door in our faces" belly says.

i sigh as steven says "so are we gonna call adam or what?"

"yeah want to right now?" jere asks, looking between me and conrad.

i shake my head, signaling that i want him to right now, and so does conrad.

we all head to the dining room and sit down.

conrad pulls his cellphone out and dials dad's number.

i feel steven grab my hand, and i look over at him in hopes that dad will help buy the house and smile at him.

the line stops ringing and jeremiah says "hey dad."

"jere? you're in cousins too?" dad asks as he sighs.

"yep, and bella came too" he says into the phone.

dad lets out an agitated sigh and says "all right look, i got a call from the bank saying that you guys were trying to access your trusts. that's not gonna happen."

"so you've already made up your mind?" i ask dad.

"yeah, i mean that money is for your futures" he says, even more angry.

"dad, this house could be our future if you-" i get cut off by my hand being squeezed by steven.

i look over at him and shut my eyes, letting my anger dial back down.

conrad looks up at me and shakes his head, showing that he was pissed at dad too, before dad says "guys i had my lawyers look into any possible loopholes right after the funeral, but there is none. the house is legally julia's."

"wait, so you've known that we're gonna lose the house since the funeral?" jere asks, basically fuming at this point.

"jere, im not your evil father trying to ruin your life. and believe it or not i'm just as upset as you are about it" dad says, sighing.

"that's bullshit, this is all bullshit" i say, fuming too.

conrad then grabs the phone and says "you never cared about this house dad, you never cared about it because you never cared about mom."

dad exhales and says "you know that's not true, i mean jere and bella come on."

"dad, i-i don't get why you can't just let us use our money to buy the house, and then we can sell it later if we need the money" jere says into the phone.

"no. julia's gonna go ahead with the open house tomorrow. i really appreciate the attempt here, but this is the end of the conversation. you just make sure that julia gets everything that she needs, you got it?" dad states to the three of us.

jere let's out a scoff and says "conrad was right, talking to you is pointless."

the phone hangs up and we all let out audible sighs.

well that definitely didn't work.

----------

a few hours later, me and conrad walked outside to see jere sitting on a bench at the dock.

i turn my head to look at conrad before grabbing his hand and start walking to sit by jeremiah.

"hi" i say to jere as i sit down by him, connie sitting beside me.

"i'm sorry about this morning. i think i was scared that you guys were gonna see me fuck everything up" conrad states, as he leans his elbows onto his knees. "i'm glad you guys were there to talk to dad with me though" he continues.

jere sighs as he says "aunt julia was a stretch but i really thought i could convince dad."

"hey well you kept me and bella from completely tearing into him so" conrad says as he laughs, causing me to laugh along with him.

jeremiah breaths in as he says "you know i just feel everyone's slipping away, and-and the house is the last thing tying us together."

"hey, we're not gonna give up" i state, as i grab his knee.

"you guys got a plan?" jere asks, as me and conrad laugh.

"no, not yet" conrad states.

"we'll figure it out together" i say to them.

"i feel like us all hanging around the open house tomorrow and being pains in the asses is a pretty good place to start" conrad says as jere begins to laugh.

"i'm sure aunt julia would love that" he states.

"hey guys, we're the fishers, let's fuck this shit up" i say to them, leaning back into the bench.

"yeah let's do it" conrad says, doing the same as me.

jeremiah let's out a chuckle as he says "yeah, let's fuck some shit up."

a few minutes later, we all go back into the house and are met with steven and belly sitting on the couch.

"hey" i say to steven, sitting down by him and grabbing his hand.

"hi" he says back, as he cups my cheek with his hand.

jeremiah chuckles a little and says "do i need to separate you two" while taking a seat on the couch beside us.

i laugh and roll my eyes playfully before saying "no."

everyone else takes a seat and conrad says "uh, so what do you guys wanna watch?"

"i was thinking, it happened one night" belly says, making me smile and shake my head in agreement.

conrad puts the movie in and sits back down before jere says "i ordered pizza, it should be like thirty minutes, but i only ordered one with pineapple, so i call dibs on two pieces."

everyone laughs and conrad says "i think that's all you and b" while i let out a playful scoff.

after a few minutes of the movie playing, i see conrad get up and run outside. i look at steven to see if he saw and he makes a face telling me he did.

i start to get up but feel steven grab my arm and say "i'll go, you stay here with bells and jere."

i shake my head ok and let him go, i hope nothing bad happened.

⋆。°✩

_____
<3
i'm so so ready to write the next chapter of this story!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
329K 19K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
111K 5.6K 53
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...