𝐢𝐯. summer heat.

FOUR ❀ SUMMER HEAT.
.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆..⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.

bella's pov:

it had been a few days since everything happened with taylor and steven. and he hadn't even as much as given me a glance.

it was now the 4th of july, and i could finally get my mind off of the whole situation. or hopefully i could.

me, jere and belly were sitting in the kitchen, eating breakfast and waiting for the dads to get here.

"hey can i finish your milk, i already drank belly's?" jere asks me with a smile.

"you're so disgusting" i laugh, handing him my bowl.

i heard the doors to the back patio open and saw conrad come through.

"yo, i'm gonna go wash the clams" he tells jere.

jeremiah shakes his head ok and says "the lighter fluid is already on the beach."

and with that, conrad was out the door again to head to the beach and wash the clams.

just then i hear steven come through the front door and ask "are we done with the portrait yet?" to mom. my heart does a somersault. maybe today since it's the 4th, he'll actually talk to me.

"yeah for today, but you do look good in a dress shirt steven. uh, which reminds me. if belly doesn't hurry up and ask cam, maybe you should" mom tells him.

he makes a disgusted face and says "ew no, gross."

"yeah, i'm gonna ask him today anyways" belly tells mom.

"bella, have you asked anyone?" mom asks me.

i shake my head, embarrassed and say "no, uh, no one really caught my eye this summer. i'm really sorry mom, i really wanted to do this but if i don't have a date i can't" i tell her with a sad smile.

i then look up and notice steven staring straight at me, but when he notices that i caught him, he quickly looks away.

mom smiles and says "it's ok, b."

----------

a little while later, the dads had arrived. or should i say steven and belly's dad did. mine, connie, and jere's dad is to much of an asshole to even show up for the 4th with his family.

we found out that belly and steven's dad, john, and his new girlfriend victoria, had decided to stay at a hotel in town, since it would be crowded in the house. which was true, i guess.

we were in the kitchen talking to them, when the doorbell rang and belly smiled and said "cams here!" and ran to get the door for cam cameron, and the debs.

"the debs have arrived" i heard laurel say.

a few seconds later, i was about to go to the backyard to get in the pool, when i felt someone grab my arm. i looked up and saw a nervous steven.

"can we talk?" he asked. his voice shaking a bit.

i bit the inside of my cheek before saying "maybe later. if that's ok."

he shook his head ok, and let go of my arm, letting me walk into the back yard.

when i got outside, i could see belly and cam talking, which i thought was cute. and i could also see conrad and nicole flirting in the pool. as much as i didn't like them together, i still loved nicole, she was really sweet to me.

mom then called me over to talk to her, gigi, and shayla, and we talked for about 15 minutes, before i walked away to get in the pool.

i was standing in front of the pool when i heard belly say "bella, come inside, victoria is gonna show us how to make pomegranate margaritas!"