Let's Make A Deal, My King

By YuuMA08

"You...? Cassius...?" I asked the ten-year-old kid who looked exactly like Cassius and he was crying. "Amelia... More

1: Betrayed
2: It's Time To Run Again
3: Caught
4: The King's Aethyraz
5: A Chance
6: Dinner With The Predators
7: A Dream Or A Nightmare?
8: Poisoned Letter
9: Black Magic
10: The Mark And A Date
11: A Great Training Experience
12: Caduta Del Fenice
13: Heads Or Tails
14: His Secret
15: Nothing Beats Procrastination On A Nice Weather.
16: L'angelo Fenice
17: When Something Annoying Comes Up, Another One Appears
18: Possession
19: Instincts Taking Over
20: Favorite Handsome Brother Meets Most Handsome Mate
Very Important Note
21: The Continuation Of The Book
22: An Attack
23: Rise From The Flames Of Thy Enemy
24: Revealing Secrets
25: Vision
26: A Half-blood's Side-Effects
27: Lazuline's Heir
29: Cupcakes And A Secret
30: Whereabouts and Weakness
31: Uninvited Guest
32: An Anticlimactic Experience
33: Every Second Counts
34: Meeting The First And The Second
35: The Deal
36: Little Carlyle
37: Another Date?
38: Date On Faerie Territory
39: Into The Faerie Kingdom

28: Estra

218 13 0
By YuuMA08

Amelia

The three of us sat on the counter with Cassius beside me and the intruder, 'Errick' is in front of us with a grinning face. I got a closer look at the dude and since we're in a well-lighted place, I can clearly see his face.

He was a really gorgeous specimen but not as gorgeous as Cassius. Maybe a percent below Cassius? I can feel the power radiating over him, not as much as Cassius but you can tell he's strong and of course, a Lycan. Although his aura is strong, his appearance is just a happy-go-lucky prick. You would easily get deceived by his appearance.

He has platinum blond hair, a mischievous smirk that is always plastered on his face, and electric blue eyes that seems to hide a lot of mischief. He looks like the total opposite of Cassius but powerful enough to intimidate someone.

"So, who is this lovely lady who is so ready to barbecue me?" He asked playfully and I scoffed.

"Barbecue you? More like burn you to crisp." I mumbled enough to be heard by him. He laughed and Cassius only sighed beside me.

"I like her, she's a spitfire this one, Cassy." I rolled my eyes. I can literally spit fire, you know.

"Amelia, this is the heir of the strongest pack in Russia and an acquaintance, Errick." Cassius said.

"Correction, best friend." Cassius rolled his eyes while I raised a brow at them.

"Errick, this is my aethyraz, Amelia." Cassius introduced me with pride. Errick's eyes went big but then, he smiled widely.

"Goddess! You have a Phoenix Angel for an aethyraz?" he asked excitedly. My eyes widened in surprise while Cassius remained calm like he already knew this was coming.

"How the heck did you know?" I asked him.

"Errick has once met a phoenix angel. He told me about their powers and everything." Cassius said and my eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"So you two knew about my kind? No wonder you took it calmly." I asked him, feeling a bit angry right now.

"I didn't believe him and I thought it was only his joke. And this guy likes to make things up. It's really hard for someone to believe his words." He defended himself.

"Hey! I was really telling you the truth. I had no evidence since those angels instantly left after a day of rest in my pack and I haven't got a chance to show them to Cassy over here." Errick explained.

"Wait, those angels? You've met not just one?" I asked him.

"Yes, doll face. I've met like five of them." Cassius growled at what he called me so I scooted closer and held his hand to mine while I rub soothing circles to calm him down.

Clearly, Errick is amused by how Cassius acted. I hope he wouldn't tease him too much. I don't want to deal with two Lycans scratching each other's faces.

"I offered them shelter for them to heal when they are being chased at. My castle has the most powerful barrier after all." he said with pride.

"You sure are very reckless to offer your home to strangers." I said and he shrugged.

"I sensed no ill intentions from them." he propped his elbow on the counter and leaned forward.

"Besides, they are in my territory. Anyone who is not a member of the pack will have their strength halved due to an automatic spell if they don't have permission from me. That'll make it easier for me to kill them." he said menacingly and I got chills all of a sudden. I don't know why I felt this way. Cassius seemed to notice my discomfort so he pulled me against him and wrap an arm around my waist.

"Stop using your curse on my aethyraz, Errick." Cassius growled. He backed away and chuckled. This guy is really weird.

"Curse? You also have a curse?" I asked him.

"Yup! But that is a family secret, so I can't tell you yet." so there's a possibility that he'll tell me in the future.

"Are you curious about what happened to those angels?" He asked while his eyes danced with mischief and excitement. Like a child excitedly trying to tell a secret to his friend. I nod my head and waited for him to say it.

"Well, those angels died while trying to protect a golden parchment that contains a prophecy." he said.

"Prophecy? Do you know what it was about?" I asked.

"I don't know. They showed it to me briefly but it was written in a language that I've never seen before. Heck, I doubt it even belongs on earth." he said

"Where is it now?" I asked.

"It's in one of my vaults. I tried to open the parchment but there was a seal on it. One of the angels said that only their kind can undo the seal and read it." He said. It makes sense that they would do that since they don't trust easily unless you're one of them.

"They did mention whose prophecy it is though. It was about Amaya? Amira? I forgot the name but it has something to do with someone's daughter." He added and my eyes widened.

"Adaya's daughter. Did they mention her daughter's name?" I asked him, hoping that he knows.

"I'm afraid I don't. You see those angels made an oath not to tell anyone the child's name and her whereabouts in order to protect the mother and the daughter. And the fact that they were talking in some foreign language when they are speaking with each other, so of course I wouldn't know. They may have intentionally said the name of the mother but the child is not." he explained. I sighed, feeling dejected about all of this.

"But they did tell me another name they used for the girl as a trade for letting them stay in my castle." I suddenly gave all my attention to him.

"What's the name?" Cassius asked him.

"They called her 'Estra'." He said and I was surprised. Of course, they would still use angel language.

"Estra...in normal language, Dawn." I said to them.

"Normal language?" Errick asked confused.

"The language they spoke of is heaven's tongue. It's a language angels and only angels spoke of. Since birth, we already knew it as natural as opening our eyes. A person who is not an angel can never and must not learn it." I explained to them.

"Oh. No wonder I can't remember the words they spoke." He said and then realized something. "Then how come I can say and remember some of those words?" He asked.

"That's because of a condition. It's probably about letting you remember it if an angel asked about it and that would be me." I said and his mouth formed an 'o'.

"Great, this is getting farther and farther to the truth." I grumbled. Errick chuckled and stood up.

"Then if you'll excuse me, I'll go to one of the guest rooms to take a nap. I'm a little jet lag. Russia is pretty far you know." Errick said and was about to leave when Cassius stopped him.

"What are you even doing here? You do know the time difference in our countries, right? It's either there's an emergency or you're just bored. Or you had a fight with your aunt." Cassius said and I laughed at the last part. I bet that is the reason why he came here.

"Sorry Cassy but I came here because there's an emergency and that emergency can wait for tomorrow." He said and ran off before we could even stop him.

"Are you sure you two are friends? I can understand if Hans and he were best friends but you? That's really impossible." I said to Cassius.

"Well, it was actually involuntary. Quinn used to babysit him and talk about me. Quinn's persistent wish of becoming friends with me rubbed off on him." he said and smirked. He wrap his arms around my waist while mine was around his neck.

"Are you sure? I bet you secretly want to befriend them." I said and he faked a gasp.

"How did you know?" he asked and we both laughed.

"Come on, let's go and watch a movie." I said and took his hand.

"By the way, what were you doing in the kitchen?" He asked and I almost forgot about the book.

"I was gonna read that book. I hid it in the kitchen."

"I guess the reading can wait tomorrow. Come on!" I said and dragged him to the theater room.

We had a Disney princess movie marathon until I fell asleep. Yeah, I still love those kind of movies. It's still great, with the singing and all. Just the singing.

I don't know if I went to my room or fell asleep at the theater but all I remember is that I'm cuddling a very warm thing that smells really amazing.

***

I was in a forest. It was snowing and the forest was covered with thick snow. But why does the snow falling looked a bit dark?

I held out my hand and caught a snowflake falling. It wasn't winter yet so it wasn't snowing, it was ash. I suddenly smelled something burning from my right so I ran there as fast as I can.

What greeted me was countless lifeless and injured bodies of men, women, children, and the elderly. Some were wolves and some were lycans. It was a massacre. It was clear that this place was ambushed. Seeing as the border is very far from here and looking at the situation, the people here weren't evacuated. It can only mean one thing, they didn't pass by the borders.

Every pack's border has this invisible wall that stretches upward and downward infinitely. So even if they infiltrated through the air or the underground, they would still be detected by the pack members, and especially the alpha, no matter how high or low they are. They can only use teleportation and I know someone who is capable of doing that.

"Hahaha! Come my pets, dance some more! Wreck havoc until the piece ends." A gruff voice echoed the surroundings, it was loud and full of excitement.

I know that voice. It has been haunting my dreams often, along with Aviel. I saw him standing a few meters above the ground at the center. He was wearing a black cloak and surrounded by black smoke. His eyes were completely black and his skin was as white as ceramic. There were also cracks all over his body.

That man wasn't possessing other bodies, he was using his. He was supposed to be sealed. Looks like Aviel succeeded in unsealing him. He had done something every witch, sorcerer, or wizard feared. He had unleashed the necromancer, Enoch.

No wonder this pack was having a hard time. They were fighting not just some rogues but an army of undead rogues. No matter how much they tried to kill them, they can't be killed for they are already dead.

I saw a Lycan charged at Enoch but it was easily caught by him. Enoch used shadows to form a large hand and squeezed the Lycan's body with it. The Lycan doesn't have enough strength to break free since it was exhausted and very injured. Then Enoch's shadows circled around its neck and snapped it.

I wanted to intervene, but how can I when this is just a dream? I then heard a painful howl from a distance. It was a pure white Lycan. It shifted into its original form and it was Errick himself.

Errick looked at the Lycan who was with Enoch with so much fear and pain.

"Vira!" Errick yelled as a tear streamed down from his right eye. Enoch smirked at the sight of Errick and this filled Errick with so much rage.

"You! I'll kill you! I'll tear you apart!" Errick's voice boomed and he began to transform again. But this time, it wasn't his white fur but it was pitch black and his pupils were red.

Errick didn't move an inch so Enoch used this opportunity to unsummon his rogues and disappeared in the darkness of his shadows. What shocked me next is Errick, attacking and killing his pack members.

"Aurora."

A voice called and then I woke up.

*******

I woke up from a dreadful nightmare and was soon engulfed in a hug. I wrapped my arms around Cassius as I noticed his alluring scent. He rubbed my back to calm me down as I was catching my breath.

"It was just a nightmare, Amelia. You're safe here with me." he mumbled into my ear. His voice was like a lullaby that seemed to calm me down.

"I'm sorry. I've been having these weird nightmares since the day I came here. It became much more realistic and often." I mumbled as I massage my temples. "I really need to tell this to Xers."

He watched me as if studying me and my every move. "Are you okay?" he asked and I smiled faintly at him.

"Yeah. I think we should probably go. The guys are probably waiting for us and you, mister, has a guest to take care of." I said and as if on cue, the door slammed open and it revealed the devil himself- I mean, the guest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384K 13.4K 40
I panicked as Alpha Jake walked in and approached me. I've really done it this time. I'm so going to lose something for this! I thought as I started...
169K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
2.2K 242 45
Senior year = Drama Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her fathe...
67.2K 2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...