The Other Side Of Us - (gxg)

By supercollide

After moving away for college Kaden's life was as predictable as she had imagined. Living day to day until sh... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
EPILOGUE
Elizabeth's Book

Chapter Nineteen

3.3K 179 74
By supercollide

Kaden's POV

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Jason asked.

"We are going to this bar in the town, I heard women get free beer until eleven. And my birthday is tomorrow so we will receive it while drinking and having a nice time if we stay past midnight at the bar." Morgan sat down on the table, bringing Hayley her new coffee after my best friend had accidentally spilled it earlier.

Morgan's feet coordination never fails to impress me, it's like she was born with two left feet. I have no idea how she manages to skate and snowboard without breaking a bone... more often.

"Sounds nice." Dana said.

"That's not fair." Michael complained.

"Life isn't fair to women most of the times, I say free drinks is the least they can do." Monique responded grabbing her tea and dropping some stevia on it.

"They should add vodka to that, beer is not enough." Norah commented.

"I agree." Dana said.

I turned my attention away from them and looked at Elizabeth who was sat besides me scrolling through her phone. "Want some?" I offered her one of the three cookies on my plate.

She looked up from her phone. "I do, thank you," her fingers brushed with mine as she took the cookie.

I watched her take a bite of it, some cookie crumbs on the corner of her lip. I was about to tell her when my name was called. "Yes?"

"Can you give me a cookie too?" Morgan was the one to ask.

"No." I grabbed one of the two cookies I had left and took a bite out of it.

"Bitch." Morgan complained and Jason chuckled from her side.

"Babe if you want cookies you can simply go and get some." Hayley stopped talking to Monique, Dana and Norah to tell her girlfriend that.

"But I don't want to make that long ass line again, I just want one cookie and Kaden is being a dick."

"Cry."

"Morgan grow up." Hayley rolled her eyes and grabbed her girlfriend, guiding her to the line to buy cookies.

I threw the last cookie to Jason who laughed and split it in half with Michael.

"You love to annoy her." Elizabeth pointed out.

"She's my best friend, that's what we do." I noticed the cookie crumbs were still on the corner of her lip, so I leaned in and wiped it out with my thumb. The other five on the table were so engrossed in their own conversation that they were paying attention to anything else. "You had some crumbs there."

"How helpful you are, thank you." Elizabeth smiled.

"Are you going to the bar tonight?" I asked staring into her hypnotizing cognac brown eyes.

"Depends."

"On what?"

"Do you want me to come?"

"I do." I responded.

Elizabeth nodded and leaned over to grab her coffee from the table. "Then I suppose I will be there."

Innocent flirting never harmed anyone and it looked like Elizabeth though the same thing... but so far I'm kind of enjoying it. Elizabeth seemed different than what I imagined, you can tell she's a stoic woman... yet at the same time she's not? She's interesting.

"Good."

We made our way together to the bar at nine, it wasn't snowing or windy which was good because we were on foot, but that didn't shake the fact that I would not be once we went back home... hopefully it doesn't, drunk and snowing can be a pain.

"My hands are freezing," Hayley complained.

"Babe I told you you should've brought the globes," Morgan took off her own globes and put it on Hayley's hands. "There." She said and kissed the back of her hands.

I've never seen Morgan so smitten by someone.

Who would've ever thought the person to get her like this would be Hayley Duvall?

"Thanks babe." Hayley's cheeks were red and not because of the cold, she leaned in and pecked her girlfriend's lips.

"You two make me want to kill myself." Michael said as he walked pass them.

"Don't worry man, we'll hook you up with some guy." Jason patted Michael's back as he walked hand in hand with Norah.

"Yeah and we won't make you third wheel," Norah reassured the guy.

"Thanks guys."

Once we entered the bar we all took of jackets and left it hanging at the entrance. Jason was the one to find us a seat while the rest of us went for our free beers and Michael went to pay for his and Jason's. Beer is not even my favorite thing to drink but I don't complain.

When I saw Elizabeth sit besides me on the table I smiled at her, which she returned. I felt a kick on my knee and I turned to see Morgan giving me a confused look—a 'what the fuck' kind of look to be precise. I shrugged in response but she kept her narrowed at me until Hayley called for her attention.

I felt my phone vibrate on my pocket—probably a text from Divya, she last texted this morning with a picture of Grace sleeping on my bed to annoy me. When I checked I found it was not Divya... but Jessie.

I haven't thought of her in all day now that I think about it.

My eyes widened when I saw what she had texted.

It was a picture of her in only her towel after showering.

Christ.

I put the phone down a bit and checked to see Dana and Elizabeth —who were the ones I was in between— engrossed in their own conversations.

I didn't reply, I just locked my phone and put it back on my pocket.

I can't do this right now.

"How fast can any of you chug a beer?" Morgan asked.

"Ten seconds." Jason responded.

"Bullshit." I scoffed.

"Babe back me up." Jason looked his girlfriend.

"Jase I've never seen you drink a beer in ten seconds, I'm sorry." Norah rubbed his arm with a guilty look, maybe for not lying.

"I'll show, give me that." He took the beer from Morgan. "Timer anyone?"

"Got it." Monique said with her phone on the table, ready to press start.

"One, two, go!" I said and he grabbed the beer and began to chug it down, I was kinda worried about him chocking with the liquid but when he put the beer back down on the table my mouth fell agape.

"How long?" He asked to Monique.

"Damn eight seconds." Monique said putting stop to the timer.

"Ha! Suck that Morgan." Jason said to Morgan's face.

"Whatever is not even a big deal, you just have an alcohol problem." Morgan said grabbing an unopened bottle of beer.

"I'm not an alcoholic!"

"That's what they all say." Morgan taunted him.

Jason gasped and was about to keep arguing with our friend if both of their girlfriends didn't drag them up their seats. "Let's go dance." Norah gave Jason her beer and dragged him away.

"Let's go." Hayley said to Morgan before following them.

"We are going to get more free beer before time's up. Wanna come?" Dana asked to Elizabeth and I. "You too Michael, you just, you know... have to pay."

"I have no other option." He signed and went with us.

Even Elizabeth went with us to the bar to get some beers, she was making small talk with Monique and Dana while I was with Michael as he opened a tab and got his beer. I got my own free beer and stood side by side against the bar with Michael.

"She's nice." I pointed to Elizabeth with the top of my bottle.

"She... is more of a she-devil than you can imagine."

"I know that, that's what makes her even more interesting." I drank from my beer as I kept my eyes on her while she talked to the other women.

"You like her?"

"I don't know we just met, but she intrigues me. I want to get to know her." There's just this strange feeling when I talk to her, the way Elizabeth speaks and not so innocently flirts back. I like it.

There is just something about her that has been drawing my attention all day, other than her being astonish beautiful.

"Well you know that she used to sleep with Morgan, right?" Michael looked at me.

"Of course I know that, Morgan never felt anything for her anyway." Of that much I'm aware of.

"She didn't." Michael agreed.

"Is she single?"

"Girl don't question me, go and talk to her." Michael pushed me forward the way where they were standing and talking in.

I looked back at Michael and gave him an 'are you serious?' look—to which he chuckled at and walked ahead of me. He went an put both his arms around Monique and Dana.

"Jason and Norah bailed on me, so girls would you mind being my wingwomen for the night?"

Dana looked at Elizabeth, "Do you mind?"

"Not at all go ahead." The British woman reassured them.

Monique saw me standing behind her and shook her head at me discreetly as she walked away. I paid her no mind and went to approach Elizabeth.

"So was this your attempt to get my attention on you?" Elizabeth had a perfectly trimmed brow raised at me.

"Depends, do you think is desperate or not? If you think so then it was all Michael." I sat in one of the stool in the bar and invited her to sit next to me.

"You are on luck because I happen to like when people want my attention so badly." Elizabeth had a lopsided smirk on her face.

"Can you blame for it?" I drank from my beer. "What were you and the girls talking about?"

"Nosey are we?"

"I like curious more."

Elizabeth hummed, "You flirt a lot, don't you?"

"Why do you ask— oh, what did Monique say?" I sighed.

"Not much, just to not fall for you bad flirting attempts."

Of course is Monique orchestrating my downfall.

"That's what she thinks. Do you think they are bad?" I asked cockily and put my empty beer in the bar beside us.

"I'm not into players Kaden, not at this point of my life." Elizabeth stood up from the stool and put her empty beer bottle besides mine, "Thanks for the company though." She began to walk away—leaving me in shock by how things went so quickly.

Shit.

I stood up and began to follow where she had gone—walking through the now more crowded bar until I caught Elizabeth sat again in the table we were all sharing in the corner, but she was alone. I sat besides her in the table and she stopped scrolling through her phone to look at me.

"I'm not a player— or well at least don't think I am one." I defended myself but I could her that small voice in my head. You are fucking a married woman, you might be worse than a player.

Fuck my conscience.

"So you weren't into Monique this morning and because she rejected you you are trying to... what with me exactly Kaden?" Elizabeth said with confusion.

Did Monique really have to tell her that?

"Nothing!"

"Nothing?"

"No not nothing— fuck, I just really liked talked to you today and meeting you. I'm not sure about anything else."

Elizabeth sighed and ran a hand through her face. "Look Kaden I don't like players or being anyone's second choice. Been there never again."

Is she referring to Morgan with that?

"It's not like that at all, we met less than twelve hours ago and all I've been thinking since you stepped out of that very expensive car is wow, and then I talked to you and you just made me keep wanting to get to know you. Can tonight be a start? Not of anything romantic, I just want to know more about you." I nudged her softly, "I promise I'm not so bad."

"You are pretty convincing Kaden."

"I can be when I really want to." I called over a waiter and asked for two more beers. "Tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know?" Elizabeth put her arm on the table and leaned her face on her hand.

"Is it a bad moment to ask if you are single?" I said getting a laugh out of her.

"I am, I was in a relationship not that long ago... it didn't work out. What about you?" The waiter came and gave us our two beers, I took a sip of it before giving her an answer.

"I was some months ago, it wasn't serious or anything he was an idiot if I'm honest. I just keep it casual for now, but I'm open to anything."

"I'll keep that in mind." It was like brown eyes twinkled every-time her smile took over.

We kept talking for what felt like hours but couldn't be more than one, some more beers down and still not sign of our friends. Elizabeth played with my fingers as we chatted about our lives—the beers had evidently starting to take effect on both of us. But my focus was solemnly on her as she talked to me about the smallest things about her life, her likes and dislikes. The things she loved and the ones she didn't.

It was the best kind of stories.

The only thing that was able to break us from our conversation being Jason carrying Morgan on his shoulders as they both drunkly screamed about being one in the morning, so it meant it was Morgan's birthday.

A/N - Day one is over! Lol. Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Chemistry By Teddy

Teen Fiction

5.9M 183K 44
The school knows Ezra as the mysterious badass who always speaks her mind, but the truth is that she is barely holding on. She is forced to work long...
1.1M 33.5K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
5.4K 258 40
She was just that girl who always did her work at school, never caused trouble, was always quiet in the classroom and never felt like she belong with...
324K 17.6K 24
Kaden turned out to be a rebel, always causing trouble in school, pulling pranks on her teachers, she's waiting to find her mate so she can take the...