【Spiderverse x Reader】❥ ᴏɴᴇꜱ...

بواسطة Nontoxico

Just a bunch of oneshots Art is not mine, credits to the original artist :)) المزيد

︵‿︵‿୨♡𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞♡୧‿︵‿︵
Gwen Stacy x Reader: Where are you?
The Spot x Reader: Living Room
Peter B. Parker x Reader
Gwen Stacy x Reader: On my mind

Miles Morales x Reader: Unknown Whereabouts

208 2 1
بواسطة Nontoxico

(3.91k words) Art not mine btw.. Warning - corny stuff and uh sad stuff.   ENjOY!

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘ 

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷  You liked Miles, he was your best friend after all. You two met at Brooklyn Visions Academy and instantly hit it off. He was funny and made you laugh every time you two spoke, he cheered you up when you were down and vice-versa. After a couple of months you developed feelings for him, strong feelings. Feelings you couldn't suppress, you were planning to tell him in a few weeks but the day before your planned confession, he met an old friend. Gwen Stacy.

For starters, you didn't hate Gwen, she was cool and funny...you were jealous, plain and simple. Every time you saw them together or every time you saw him laugh at something she said sent a pang of jealousy within you. And it was only a matter of time before they got together.

        "Y/N!!" Miles said in excitement, running up to you from behind as you were grabbing your book for next period. You turned around and he put his hand on your shoulders, looking into your eyes with the brightest smile on his face.

       "Guess what?!" He said, beaming. You could already guess what had happened, after all he always talked about Gwen at least once every time you two had a conversation.

        "Yeah? You seem excited.." You said with a small smile.

        "Excited?! That's an understatement, okay so you know how me and Gwen have been hanging out a lot?? Well- Yesterday we were hanging out at the park and she said she liked me!! We're dating now!!" He said all excited, a wide grin on his face.

        "Really? I thought you'd never get together, congrats!" You said with a bright smile, looking back at him. In reality, their new relationship hit you like a bullet, you wanted to go home and cry your eyes out.

        "Thanks Y/N! I appreciate it!." He said back before running off.

And that, was the last time you saw him. He was missing and all of your calls went to voicemail, you tried to go to his house to see  where he was but it seemed his parents didn't know either. Him and Gwen just mysteriously disappeared. It broke your heart knowing he could be hurt, or worse, but part of you was hopeful, maybe he was somewhere out there. 

Unbeknownst to you, Miles was having the time of his life, he was invited to join the Spider Society, and Miles accepted, wanting to get some space (or maybe even the rest of his life) away from his parents as they had a rocky relationship and recently had a big argument, he didn't wanna go back and this was a nice distraction. Miles was focused on helping out in Spider Society and his new girlfriend, he almost forgot about you.

--

You thought about him everyday, and days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, he was proclaimed dead, you cried every night into your pillow, spiraling into deep depression. You tried to think positively, it wasn't like they had found actual evidence...he could've just ran away but the thought of him not wanting to come back hurt more than anything.

It'd almost been a year when since Miles was gone, and your wound never fully healed. Of course you still had a life, you had made more friends since then and was the bubbly friend in the group. A funeral was held for Miles, and you brought him fresh flowers every week.

One night, you woke up in a cold sweat, not again you thought, getting up to get a glass of water. It was difficult to get back to bed and you kept shifting in your bed. All of a sudden, you felt a sharp pain on your wrist, looking down to see a bright neon red spider. Screaming as it bit you, you jumped out of bed and switched the lights on, waving your hand around viciously, trying to get it off. The spider scrunched up and seemingly died after biting you and you threw it out of your window asap.

Your parents rushed into the room to see what all the commotion was about and you had to assure them it was nothing, just a bug. You were scolded for potentially waking up the entire apartment complex but they were glad nothing bad had happened and went back to bed.

--

For the next few months, you were Spiderwoman, fighting evil and saving the city. You were a hero to the citizens of New York. You had to keep it a secret from your parents, and that was before... You were on the other side of the city when you got a phone call from the hospital, telling you to come quick, something had happened to your parents. 

You quickly finished up the fight and swung as fast as you could to the hospital. Taking off your costume in the alleyway and shoving it into your backpack, you quickly rushed into the hospital. In the hospital, they told you what had happened, your parents were involved in a car accident. They were hit by a drunk driver and died immediately on impact, their heads slamming into the dashboard, leaving them with fatal head injuries. Emergency services were called too late and they ended up dying of blood loss. The driver also died, being drunk out of his mind.

You felt tears form in the corner of your eyes, rolling down your cheeks. You hated how everyone you loved was stripped away from you, sobbing as the doctor left, you sat down crying your eyes out. Sniffling, you left the hospital and the funeral was scheduled soon after. Your aunt invited you to live with her, she lived alone as her husband died a few years prior and they had no kids of their own. You decided that, from then on, you would save everyone you came across to make up for not being able to save the two people you would've sacrificed your life for.

--

A few months passed from then and you'd just finished a fight when, suddenly, a portal opened up next to you. Taken aback, you readied yourself if something dangerous were to step out from it. A woman who looked about your age stepped out, she was dressed in white and black with pink and blue markings on her suit and a white hood. She checked her watch tapping it and reading the holograms. 

        "Wha- Who are you?" You asked, taking a few steps back to assess the situation, she didn't seem like a threat.

        "Hey, don't freak out but I'm also Spiderwoman.." She said in a calm voice, trying to relax you. 

        "How's that possible?" You asked nervously.

        "I'm from a different universe, you see, there are many universes with more spider people, and they're all linked, a spiderverse if you will. And some of those spider people have formed a spider society, which is what I'm from. Our goal is the preserve the multiverse from any threats and returning displaced individuals to their original universes. I was sent to your dimension to recruit you...Interested?" She offered, reaching a hand out to you.

You were hesitant but decided to do so. You sent a text to your Aunt telling her that you would be gone, for a long time and to not look for you. You felt guilty, of course but something about a spider society was just so...alluring to you. After sending the text, you grabbed the girl's hand an d nodded.

She pulled you into the portal clasping something metal on your hand.

        "Don't freak out, it prevents your atoms from glitching out, y'know, cause you're in another universe entirely." She explained, but you barely heard any of it, eyes taking in the scene. Hundreds of spider people in a building which looked huge, you never felt such a strong sense of belonging.

Gwen smiled under her mask, this was exactly how she reacted when she first saw spider society aswell.

        "Oh and- I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Gwen Stacy, and you?" She introduced herself and your heart dropped. Gwen Stacy you hadn't heard that name in a long time. 

        "I'm sorry- what did you say?" You asked, thinking you heard her wrong

        "It's fine, I'm Gwen Stacy, and you?" She said again, and there it was, that name.. she probably didn't know it was you whom she had recruited.

        "Y/N." You said nervously, she'd probably recognize you.

        "Oh hey, I think I've met you before! Weren't you Miles's friend?" She asked in a happy tone.

       "Miles...He's dead isn't he. You two disappeared together...Where, where did you go?!" You said, getting louder.

        "Oh uh- funny story actually...He'snotdeadandhe'saspiderpersonaswell." She said nervously.

You went silent, taking in everything. Miles, he was a spider person? No way... 

        "You see...Apparently in the absence of a Spider person for too long, the universe will create another, and I suppose another was you..." She explained nervously.

        "Wh- So I'm just going to pretend like everything is okay now that I know he's not dead?! Where is he?! Take me to him!" You shouted, gripping the collar of her suit, your faces inches away from each other. Gwen could've easily got herself out of her grasp but she knew this is what you needed, closure.

        "I was supposed to invite you to join the team, Miles is one of the members in the team so... Will you?" She asked.

        "Fine, okay, I'll join your team." 

        "Awesome, let's go. I'm so glad you'll be working alongside me now, you seemed really cool when we first met!" She said, trying to change the subject as you two walked toward Miguel's office.

      "Right..." You mumbled, slightly nervous and excited about meeting Miles for the first time since he disappeared, you were also pretty mad a him for disappearing like that and you knew you had every right to be. He left out of the blue and you thought he died for the longest time..

        "Ah...Weren't you two in a relationship the last time I saw you? Are you guys still dating.?" You asked. She was silent for a bit before replying.

        "Erm- Actually we split up, and I'm glad, really, we're better off as platonic friends than in a relationship." She explained.

        "Oh..." You replied, not knowing what to say since Miles seemed so in love the last time you saw him.

        "Annd, we're here." She said, opening the doors and letting you see the inside.

        "Hey, Miguel, I brought the girl you wanted!" She shouted into the office before ushering you two inside. You walked awkwardly into the big room, a man turned around and looked at you, his tall figure intimidating you.

        "Good job, Gwen." He said, eyeing you up and down, your anxiety was through the roof.

        "Hi..." You said awkwardly, waving at him. You felt so nervous as he kept eyeing you.

        "You proved my theory was right..." He muttered.

        "And, welcome to the team." He said before going back to his computer, presumably inputting data. You turned to Gwen, who looked back at you in silence.

        "You said that...Miles was here right? Where is he?" You asked, slightly eager to see him and also mad at him, ready to berate him for everything.

        "He's actually on a mission right now, something about an anomaly on Earth-829. We can hang out and I can show you around until he comes back if you'd like?" She offered and you gave a small nod. The next hour and a half was spent on her giving you a tour of the huge building, mesmerized by how big and spacious it was despite so many people living here.

She even showed you your designated room which you were to rest in until called for a mission. There was a cafeteria, training hall, entertainment, garden, library, internet and even therapy available to everyone. Living here was probably a heck of a lot better than living in most countries.

--

You two waited just outside Miguel's office, waiting for Miles to be back from his mission. And, sure enough, you heard the voice of someone you once loved deeply. You poked you head slightly, gasping under your breath.

        "M'back, that took forever, right Hobie?" He said, looking back at another guy.

        "Was fine, we've dealt with harder things." Replied the punk looking spiderman.

You immediately pulled your head back, getting more and more anxious by the second. He seemed so...Normal, relaxed and even laughing.

         "What was I thinking?! I can't face him...not like this..." You muttered under your breath. 

        "Well, maybe you don't have to. If you really can't stand it, just pretend you're mute. We don't even have to say your name, we could just give you a codename." She suggested, she didn't really like the idea but you just looked so anxious and she wanted to help out badly, knowing how much you must've hurt when she and Miles disappeared out of nowhere. 

        "Yeah, fuck, you're right. Uhhh, what's a good codename..." You said, trying so hard to think of a viable nickname/codename.

        "How about...Summer? or Jade? Or maybe even Keith... That sounds weird." She mumbled.

Suddenly, you two heard footsteps coming outside, and you started panicking. Making sure your mask was still on your face, you tried to act naturally.

        "Oh hey Gwen- who's this here?" Miles said, turning to you. He didn't look that much different than you last saw him, he looked maybe a bit more attractive. You blushed and couldn't speak.

        "Oh she's...Y/- Summer, my best friend." She said. smiling nervously under her mask.

        "She's mute so don't bother trying to get her to talk." She said, giving you an awkward thumbs up when Miles looked back at you.

        "Oh haha- I heard someone was joining the team, you look pretty...good." He said smiling, holding his hand out for a handshake, and you obliged, giving him a firm handshake.

        "Nice to meet you summer." He said and you nodded, extremely tense and a million thoughts running through your head.

        "I'll see you two later." He said, waving before walking off.

        "See ya." Gwen said with a nod before turning back to you, you looked at your right hand, thinking about how you just had a handshake with someone who you thought was dead for so long...

        "This is weird..." You said to Gwen, looking up at her from your hand, rubbing your thumb over your palm.

        "Maybe, but a lot of things are weird here." She replied, shrugging.

--

For the next few months, you trained and went on missions, quickly becoming a formidable unit and being deployed on missions more and more often. You had to pretend you were mute unless you were alone with Gwen and you had to train yourself to not yelp or scream when you were hit, biting down onto your lip.

You and Miles grew closer and he was eventually curious what you looked like underneath, you always shook your head and he would always whine about him getting more and more curious as the days pass. You hung out with Gwen more and eventually became best buddies, you met Hobie and Pavitr whom you thought were pretty cool.

Miguel was always very intimidating to you, you'd get so anxious around him it wasn't even funny. Sweaty hands were typical while talking to him and you were sure he noticed, just didn't care.

You'd sometimes wonder how your Aunt was doing back at home, if she was worried sick or didn't care at all. Sometimes it was hard to resist the urges to go back to your dimension secretly, after all, she knew how you felt after your parents died. Speaking of your parents, you learnt all about cannon events and whatnot from Miguel but you were told to not mention it to Miles as Miguel thought he'd be too impulsive and try to save his dad from death. 

You thought it was a bit overboard but you agreed, pulling your hand up to your mouth and pretending to zip it shut. You really wanted to tell Miles, you did but you didn't know if it was the right thing, Gwen expressed how she felt the exact same way, knowing how impulsive Miles is to jump in and save other people, especially someone so close to him, anybody would.

Every time you hung out with Miles, the guilt of not telling him would slowly eat at you until, you eventually convinced yourself that telling him was exactly what you should do. 

--

One night while you two were hanging out in his room, you told him, you told him everything about the cannon events, not being able to take the guilt anymore, except you wrote it on a google doc because you were still pretending to be mute.

        "What..?" He asked, flabbergasted. He was greatly distressed after hearing how his dad was gonna die.

        'I had to tell you, it was the right thing to do. You're now going to try and stop your father from being killed, I presume?' You wrote, turning the laptop to him to show him.

        "I mean- I'm not just going to let him get killed, are I? You wouldn't either." He said, mumbling the last bit.

        'Okay.' was all you could say, not knowing how to reply, you already revealed some things to him, and you wanted to tell him h you were so badly, but you couldn't muster up the courage to do so in fear of his reaction. You felt immensely cowardly compared to the other spider people like Gwen, or Hobie. Hobie didn't care about most things and he let the world know how he felt..

For the next few weeks, you helped Miles find a way he could enter him dimension with his watch without it being sent to Miguel where he was going. Hours upon hours trying to recode everything just for Miles to give up.

        "Y'know what, Summer, I'm just gonna do it, tomorrow is the day my dad is supposed to die and- I'm just gonna leave at 7pm tomorrow and I don't care if it's sent to Miguel, I'm going." He said confidently, you had to suppress a giggle. Nodding, you began typing on the laptop.

        'I believe in you, you can do this, I'll definitely come with!! ;D' You typed, showing him. He chuckled, and gave you a thumbs up, he was glad he could trust you, especially when you were the only person who told him about the cannon events.

--

The day came and Miles was ready, at exactly 7pm, he would go. You two readied yourself and he was about to open the portal when, a web shot out, cracking his watch. He gasped, turning in the direction of whoever shot the web. Miguel, looking furious.

        "I told you not to tell him. Secrets are supposed to remain hidden, unless you want me to give you a taste of your own medicine?" He said angrily.

        "Summer? What does he mean by that?" Miles asked, turning to you. You froze. Acting quickly you opened up a portal to Miles's dimension and shoved both of you into it, closing it behind you. You two fell onto each other awkwardly but got up rather quick.

        "Really...Summer, what did he mean when he talked about giving you a taste of your own medicine?" He asked. You shook your head as if to say you couldn't tell him yet.

                "Okay, let's just...focus on saving my dad first." He said in an understanding tone. You smiled under the mask slightly as you two swung over to his parent's place. Even though they didn't get along, Miles knew he'd always be there for his parents and vice-versa. 

--

Once you two got to his parent's place, you found his mom but his dad was nowhere to be seen, you two decided to split up to look for his dad. You grew increasingly more worried Miguel was going to show up to stop you two, your paranoid eyes looking around.

You were able to find his dad and save him from being hit by a drunk driver, though, it triggered something inside you. You felt as if, by saving Miles's dad from being killed, you've made up for not being able to have saved your own parents and it made you cry. You wiped away your tears, knowing you saved a man's life as he would've died the same tragic death as your own parents.

Miles came back, so grateful that you saved his dad. You were also very happy and it felt like a fairytale. You finally got the happy ending you yearned for after the death of your own parents and though this didn't make up for their deaths, it helped ease some of the pain.

You watched as Miles tore off his mask, revealing his identity to his dad who gave him a hug, tears forming around both their eyes as they cried into each other. It was sweet and you felt yourself starting to tear up. Then, Miguel arrived. He looked furious, he looked as if he were about to smash both your skulls in.

He pulled you two to a rooftop with nobody on it.

        "..." Silence, pure silence, deafening silence. You and Miles looked at him while he looked at both of you, absolutely furious. You both knew he was much stronger than the two of you combined so you didn't even try, ready to take any punishment given.

--

Back at Miguel's office, he reprimanded both of you, giving you two a 3 hour lecture on multiverses and whatnot, expressing how furious he was by showing you two his most intimidating glare which screamed you know what you did. He said that he would have you two exiled from spider society for the rest of your lives had the universe collapsed, which it didn't and it made Miguel rethink a lot of things so you two wouldn't be exiled but still not off the hook In fact, as he spoke, he felt like a parent and you kind of liked it, he filled the void of a parent figure in your life but you couldn't tell him you actually liked it.

You guys were to be off missions for 6 months, no electronics, no entertainment and no therapy either. Just training, studying and absolute boredom, you did sneak into each other's rooms all the time though.

And when you thought it was finally the time, you took off your mask in the middle of him talking, and he stopped, looking at you.

        "Y/N...?" He said, jaw dropped. He was in pure shock, but also a bit happy since he finally got to see your face.

        "Why'd you disappear on me like that 2 years ago?!" You asked, demanding answers.

        "I..." He started and went on and on about everything that had happened, you were happy to listen and you understood what he went through since you were bitten not too long after. You also admitted to him that you had feelings for him which took him by surprise and he admitted he had feelings for you too after he broke up with Gwen but couldn't come back which was why he didn't.

You blushed a bit before leaning in and giving him a kiss, which took him by surprise again and he kissed you back, both of you closing your eyes and enjoying the moment.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________ ׂׂૢ་༘ 

its 3am lol. I hope you enjoyed I will prob be writing more soon xd. 

واصل القراءة