Toddler - [Taebin FF]

By btch_for_yeosang

Six years ago, the unthinkable happened, as Taehyun sat next to his girlfriend's deathbed, coming face to fac... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Interlude
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Author's Note
Extras Book Out Now

Chapter 22

395 19 15
By btch_for_yeosang

🎶: 'Space Lingo (ft. OLNL)' by Monghoon

"You know," Yerim began.

It was recess yet again, and they were gathered in the library, reading their nonfiction books. 

"What?" Juhyeok asked.

"We've never had a playdate, just the three of us."

"Really?" Jinsong asked, half of his sandwich in his mouth.

"Yep."

"Do you want to have one?" Juhyeok questioned.

"Of course! What about this weekend on Sunday?"

"Can't; got hockey," Jinsong replied.

"Then maybe Friday? Ooo! What if we do a sleepover?"

Juhyeok stopped sipping his juice.

"A sleepover? At your place?"

"Why not? Jinsong is my cousin and you're practically family at our place; I'm sure my mom or dad won't mind."

"Okay... I'll ask my dad after school."

"A sleepover?" Taehyun questioned once he picked Juhyeok up.

His son nodded.

"Yeah. Yerim said it'll be from Friday to Saturday."

"Hmm... that may be a good idea. I'm going out with Soobin that evening and neither Beomgyu or Kai are available so—"

"Wait wait wait!"

Juhyeok had to make sure he was hearing this correctly.

"You're going out with Soobin?" 

"Umm... yeah."

Taehyun's ears were red.

"Is something happening between you two?" Juhyeok questioned.

"Why are you suddenly talking like a teenager?!"

"Blame Yerim; she watches many movies with teenagers and talks like them too."

Taehyun sighed.

"Well, since Soobin had birthday earlier this week, I thought it'd be nice to go do something with him somewhere. So the two of us are gonna go out, but Soobin is choosing where."

"How romantic."

"You know what, you're definitely going to that sleepover."

Juhyeok laughed.

"Okay Dad, you do you."

"But remember your manners, especially since you're spending the night with a girl—"

"Dad, I'm a kid! And Jinsong will be there too!"

"Okay okay, fine. But watch out for your head!"

"YEAH YEAH!!"

+x+

Soobin and Taehyun drove Juhyeok to Yerim's place, dropping him off at the doorstep.

Taehyun reminded his son to brush his teeth before bed and to remain nice, to which Juhyeok nearly caused an argument.

"I always do that!" he whined.

"Okay then."

"Have fun," Soobin wished him.

"I will!"

"And be careful with your head!"

"Yes Dad!"

Juhyeok waved the two of them goodbye, before ringing the doorbell. It opened to reveal Yerim already dressed in comfy pajamas.

"Hey!"

She hugged Juhyeok, who nearly toppled over. Sometimes he forgets to remind himself how energetic and lively Yerim is.

"You're early; Jinsong isn't here yet," she said.

"Wow—"

"That's what you think!"

Yerim groaned.

"Never mind."

Jinsong at that moment arrived, armed with his packed to the max camping bag.

"Okay, time for that party!" he exclaimed.

"You know, I might regret inviting you," Yerim said.

"Hey!"

Juhyeok giggled.

"Come on, let's go inside."

"Have fun downstairs kids, and make sure to not break anything," Taeyeon called from the door.

"We will Mom; don't worry!"

Yerim shut the door and headed down to the basement with Jinsong and Juhyeok, well, she actually dragged them down after letting them change in the bathroom.

But she was gentle with Juhyeok of course.

"We're staying here?!" Jinsong asked.

"Yup! Mom allowed us to use the whole floor minus the laundry room!"

"Niiiiiice!!"

Juhyeok had to remind himself Jinsong has been here before, which is probably why he knew most of what goes on here.

After all, they're family.

Yerim opened the door to the big room, and both boys squealed, seeing something in massive buckets by each mattress.

"POPCORN!!!"

"And it's bucket loads!" Juhyeok exclaimed.

"Dad felt like spoiling us."

Jinsong leapt onto one of the mattresses, sighing in satisfaction, a goofy expression on his face as he felt how soft it was to lay on.

"You know what Yerim?"

"What?"

"I may come over more often from now on."

"Eww no, I don't need you."

"Ouch."

Juhyeok meanwhile already unpacked his blanket and pillow, along with his teddy bear that he didn't want to leave back home.

"Your teddy is so cute!" Yerim remarked.

"Thanks."

"Like how you are," Jinsong grinned.

It took a moment for Juhyeok to realize what he said.

"Y-You think I'm cute?"

"Yup."

"A lot of kids in our class think you are," Yerim added.

Juhyeok's cheeks colored themselves rosy.

"Oh."

The next moments were spent with Yerim and Jinsong fighting over the remote control to select a movie for the night.

"THE FIFTH TINKERBELL MOVIE IS SUPERIOR!" Yerim shouted.

"NO CARS 2 IS!"

"WHO WANTS TO WATCH MOVIES ABOUT CARS JUST GOING VROOM VROOM WHEN YOU CAN HAVE FAIRY TALE FANTASY ACTION INSTEAD!"

"I—"

"Hey!"

The two cousins looked at Juhyeok.

"I'm still recovering from my injury, so I get to choose because I'm a special case," he said.

Yerim pursed her lips.

"Hmm... that sounds like a smart idea!"

"Yeah, I agree."

Jinsong handed the remote control to Juhyeok.

"What will you choose?"

"Mmm..."

Juhyeok scrolled through Disney+ and then selected a movie (A/N: these iPad kids smh).

"Tinkerbell it is!"

"YAYYY I LOVE YA JUHYEOK!!" Yerim yelled, hugging him as he giggled.

Jinsong stared at them with an agape mouth.

"No fair!!"

"This is why I'm gonna follow my mom's footsteps; I'll marry someone who is younger than me cuz they have some forms of respect!" Yerim taunted.

"I'm younger than you though!"

"By like two days!"

"So?!"

"We're technically twins if you wanna look at it that way!"

"Eww you and me as twins?"

"Watch your mouth Kim."

Jinsong cowered back.

Yerim only uses 'Kim' when she is getting reeeeally agitated.

"Sorry."

Juhyeok could only laugh.

So then the three kids watched the fifth Tinkerbell movie, the one having to do with the pirates and that pirate fairy.

Yerim absolutely loved watching it for the 38463838th time, and again wishing she could have been already the same age as now when the movie first got released.

Juhyeok, who actually watched all the movies as he found them rather interesting (and back in the day, watching TV was all he ever did), also enjoyed himself. He may have not said this out loud, but the fifth one was actually also his favorite.

Even though it hurt his pride, Jinsong actually enjoyed himself too, with the movie being better than expected.

And the popcorn.

Baekhyun was truly a genius to put melted butter plus salt into the same mixture to give extra flavor to, for it tasted twice as crunchy and tasty in their mouths.

So maybe that made the movie even better.

"Who is your favorite character here?" Juhyeok questioned once the ending credits rolled in with a catchy song.

"Definitely Rosetta! She's so pretty and funny, but Silvermist too—" Yerim replied.

"Blah Rosetta is so annoying! She always needs to look pretty and all that; she has absolutely no personality," Jinsong responded, sticking his tongue out.

"Oh yeah? Who's your fav?"

"James of course."

"YOU LIKE THE VILLAIN?!"

"I like the crocodile," Juhyeok began, but no one was paying attention.

Yerim was already grabbing her pillow.

"You are SO NOT gonna get away with liking the villain of the story who pretty much betrayed everyone around him, AND attempted murder later on!"

"Oh yeah?"

Jinsong grabbed his pillow.

"I don't back down from fights. ARRR!!!"

"HAH!!"

Yerim whacked her pillow into him, and Jinsong yelped from how strong she was hitting him.

"I thought your beefy arms were an illusion!"

"Seems like they're not!"

Jinsong whacked back, but the pillow met Yerim's pillow instead of her.

"Come on Juhyeok; help me!" she exclaimed.

"I'll try!"

Juhyeok took his pillow and started smacking Jinsong with it as much as his strength allowed him to, watching for his head as he did.

"THIS AIN'T FAIR; TWO AGAINST ONE!!"

"You're taller than both of us!" Yerim exclaimed.

"That's no excuse— OW!" Jinsong yelled as Juhyeok smacked him on his bum.

Juhyeok just giggled.

"Loser!!" he playfully teased.

"Aww come on!"

To people who have no idea about their friendship, they would think Jinsong was angry, but he wasn't; he was just taking it with humor.

That's what friendships are all about.

Once you get super close with them, you know actions that may seem negative to others is just playfulness and nothing bad.

It shows how much you trust someone to know they won't get mad at you for being a little mean as a love language.

At the end of the day, they were just playing around like the kids they are; it doesn't always have to be taken so seriously.

Jinsong squealed loudly when Yerim tackled him completely to the ground and whacked him with her pillow.

"Okay okay I give up!"

Yerim laughed.

"You are forgiven now. We slayed you Hook!"

"Okay Rosetta."

"Does this mean I can chase him now?" Juhyeok asked.

"What— AHHH!!!"

Juhyeok playfully ran after Jinsong, repeated 'tick tock tick tock' as he pretended to be the little crocodile that would chase the villain of the story.

"SMEEEEE!! SMEEE!!"

"You got no Smee at all!" Yerim exclaimed.

"WHY— YAH!"

Juhyeok playfully pushed him, allowing Yerim to tackle her cousin into pieces once again, even putting his arm into a lock. 

"Yayyy!!! We beat the villain!" he cheered. 

Jinsong yelled out loud, but it came out more as a laugh.

"You guys are such a handful."

To that, the three kids just giggled and fell on the mattresses, still laughing.

Miraculously, the kids did not break anything this whole time. 

(A/N: Petition for TXT to dress up as Tinkerbell characters, signed)

+x+

🎶: ' 맞추고 싶어요 (I Want To Kiss You)' by Jungyup

"Have fun downstairs kids, and make sure to not break anything," Taeyeon called from the door to the basement.

"We will Mom; don't worry."

Yerim shut the door and headed down to the cellar rooms with Jinsong and Juhyeok, chattering together as they descended the stairs.

Taeyeon smiled to herself as she left the kids to themselves and headed back to the living room where her husband was.

Baekhyun was sitting on the couch with the family dog Zero on his lap, patting his curly fur while watching the news on the TV.

She sat down next to him, tucking her knees into her arms as she leaned her head on his shoulder, thinking a little.

Baekhyun noticed and smiled.

"Everything okay?"

"Hmm? Yes."

"You seem a little off though."

"You notice everything."

"I know."

Taeyeon sighed.

"I'm just glad to see Yerim have such good friends. I mean, we have known Jinsong since he was born, but not every cousin gets along."

"Well, that may not be the case for them either— ouch!" Baekhyun laughed when his wife pinched him.

Taeyeon playfully glared at him.

"I know they tend to bicker a lot and Jinsong suffers a bunch of headlocks from Yerim, but that just goes to show how super close the two of them are. And when I see how much Yerim adores Juhyeok, bless his heart, and takes good care of him like a brother, and vice versa, it's just... lovely to see."

Her husband nodded.

"Kinda reminds me of you and me, back when we were young."

"Are you saying we're old?"

Baekhyun laughed heartily again.

"Not exactly. But we're not teenagers in love anymore either, my dear. We are a married couple with a daughter."

"Yes indeed."

Taeyeon exhaled.

"Do you still remember how we met?"

Baekhyun chortled.

"How could I forget that? It was the definition of a k-drama."

"And back then they weren't as famous as they are now," she laughed.

"Ah I'm gonna be so late!" Baekhyun yelled as he ran through the hallways.

Out of all the days he could oversleep, he oversleeps on his first day of high school, which happened to also be a colossal building.

And oh god the crowds were awful.

He checked his schedule to see where he had to go, and he groaned in distress when he saw he was going in the wrong direction. 

So he had to turn on his heel and go back.

"'Xcuse me, coming through—"

"AH!"

Suddenly, Baekhyun collided with someone, causing both of them to crash, trip and then fall down onto the floor.

People around them gasped in shock.

"Did he just knock her over?"

"Oh my gosh..."

Baekhyun's face burned bright red from embarrassment and he wanted to crawl into a cave and hide from everyone.

But that feeling didn't last long.

"Hey, you okay?"

He glanced up to see the person whom he collided into.

And he swore he saw an angel in real life.

She had blonde hair, probably dyed, but with beautiful and divine features that enhanced her small and pointed face.

Baekhyun thought she was a doll or some goddess crafted by heaven.

He finally snapped out of it and took her outstretched hand.

"Thank you."

The girl pulled him up, and then bent down to pick his fallen books up, handing them to Baekhyun, who bowed as a thanks.

"Are you perhaps a freshman?" she questioned.

"Mhm..."

Baekhyun was feeling extremely shy. But the girl just smiled and patted his shoulder encouragingly.

"It's okay, everyone has jitters on the first day. What room are you?"

"Umm... room 114."

She gasped and smiled.

"Oh, my classroom is next to yours. How about I guide you?"

"T-That would be great."

The girl offered her hand to him.

"My name is Kim Taeyeon, and yours?"

The freshman blushed pink as he shook her hand.

Oh my god she's holding my hand again.

"Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you."

Taeyeon smiled, remembering that.

"I thought you were cute the moment I saw you," she recalled.

"And I thought you were an angel sent from heaven."

"Maybe I was. I did save you on your first day."

Baekhyun chuckled.

"You definitely did."

"And can you still remember your reaction when you found out about my age that one time at lunch?" Taeyeon questioned, her voice humorous.

"Oh god..."

A few days had passed since the first encounter. It was recess, and the students were allowed to roam the park.

Baekhyun spotted Taeyeon sitting by herself, sketching something.

Or that's what he thought.

Because when he approached her, he saw it was actually a music sheet notebook, and she was writing notes on them.

"You like music?" he questioned.

Taeyeon looked up hearing his voice, and Baekhyun's heart did a flip or two when he saw her eyes sparkling at him.

"Yes."

She patted the spot next to her. Baekhyun sat down, and Taeyeon showed him what she was working on.

"I'm planning to get into an entertainment company once I graduate later this year," Taeyeon explained.

"That sounds fun— wait."

Baekhyun stared at her.

"You're a senior?!"

"Is that a problem?"

Taeyeon sounded a bit offended, and Baekhyun immediately became much more flustered.

"N-No not at all! I-I just didn't expect that... y-you look much younger than your actual age."

"I'm just 18, Baekhyun-ah."

"And I'm 15."

"You're 15?!"

"Mhm..."

...
"Okay maybe I am a little old."

The two of them started laughing as they remembered that.

"I remember how you were acting in the last month of high school for me... you didn't want to let me go."

"That's why I wanted to go to prom with you; to finally tell you something," Baekhyun responded.

"Mhm..."

Taeyeon blushed as she remembered it.

Before she could open her mouth to talk about it, they heard a change of sound coming from the living room TV.

Their favorite news channel was playing a special video montage of early 90s hits, and right now came To Love You More by Céline Dion.

Which happened to be the exact song that played for them during their prom dance nearly fifteen years ago.

Baekhyun took Taeyeon's hand.

"Come on," he smiled, standing up.

"What?"

"Let's dance together."

"Now?!"

"Yes."

Taeyeon laughed and stood up with her husband as they intertwined their hands and Baekhyun placed one hand on her waist.

They moved their feet slowly to the rhythm of the song, Baekhyun twirling and spinning Taeyeon occasionally, making her giggle.

If there would have been disco lights flashing over them, they would feel just like how they did when they were teens.

"Kim Taeyeon," Baekhyun began.

And she knew he was recreating that moment.

"I have something to tell you."

"That is?"

"The reason why I don't want you to leave high school, even though it's impossible to avoid."

"Baekhyun—"

"I love you."

And then the now married couple kissed each other again, just the way they did when they were teenagers in love, with Taeyeon having to stand on her toes and wrapping her arms around Baekhyun's neck, moving their lips.

When they parted, Baekhyun chuckled as he rested his forehead on Taeyeon.

"To this day I still can't believe you didn't pull away," he said.

"I didn't have much of a reason to do that."

"Not even the acceptance to the company."

"Yes..."

Taeyeon rested her head on Baekhyun's chest.

"I sometimes can't grasp that I have a happy family with you. I will never regret leaving that company even during my peak, because I cannot imagine a life where you're not my lover through it all."

"And I'm proud of you for being so courageous. I can imagine how hard it was for you to make that decision."

Taeyeon smiled.

"I would pick you and Yerim over anything."

"As would I."

________________________

A/N: if Taeyeon and Baekhyun get the hell out of SM one day, we'll cheer 🤩
Also, fluff in this story again? You're welcome after making y'all sob with the previous one lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 751 23
ꜰΙͺΙ΄. ── 𝘺𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘣π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘴𝘀𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘒𝘢 where yeonjun is a big fuck boy and soobin's childhood friend. He plays every girl he sees. but somehow, soo...
260K 16.6K 59
Wherein Taehyun only fears losing the love of his life, and Beomgyu doesn't take the right step at the right time which ends with messing up everythi...
44.1K 1.5K 18
~Β°β€’β˜†β€’Β°~ 19 year old beomgyu gets forced to marry a cold heartless millionaire ceo of a company just for the sake of his parents bankrupting company...
118K 4.9K 24
Yeonjun suddenly meets a handsome man named Soobin at a coffee shop, and although it's their first time speaking to each other, there's already chemi...