ahn family's store | bl | ele...

By __arkihoe--

➷wherein Jiwoo befriends a scary-looking yet soft-hearted germaphobe More

1: "Wipe your shoes on the rag."
2: "Estimated 5x10 to the 30th power!"
3: "he's a stalker alright!"
4: Ahn Ho-Jun, the transferee
5: Machina
6: Jjajangmyeon itself is not healthy!
7: Ahn Ho-Jun, the cutie
8: Tian Longwei
9: ho-jun, the softy
10: Tian Longyu
11: a glimpse in their academy life
12: Ahn Ho-Jun snaps
14: The Cai Shen Clan
15: day-to-day

13: the tragedy many years ago

1.2K 112 55
By __arkihoe--

Original Chapters: 96—98
13: the tragedy many years ago

.

.

Ahn Ho-Jun had heard many bullshits before.

But this one really took the cake.

That old man accused Jiwoo of being a spy. Ho-Jun almost laughed again from the ridiculousness of his words. It was so easy investigating Jiwoo's life since he was a child, there was just no way that that old man had the guts to lie with such a straight face. Obviously, Baekdu planned on getting rid of Jiwoo.

Seo Jiwoo.

He was the first friend Ho-Jun made in South Korea. Although he never planned on making friends at this place, Jiwoo was a little hard to ignore when he seemed genuinely sincere with his friendship. Ho-Jun found it difficult to ignore when Jiwoo was like a trouble magnet. Wherever he was, trouble knocked on his doorstep.

Ho-Jun couldn't take his eyes off him no matter what.

Once he did, Jiwoo was suddenly involved in something that could get him hurt. Sometimes, Ho-Jun wondered just how unlucky his friend was in his past life that this misfortune followed him in this life.

Once Kang Dusik used South Korean's relationship to pressure Goo Inhyuk, that was when Ho-Jun butted in.

Although, he looked comical with him being held back by Park Seongha.

And with his uniform tying his arms together, leaving him in a white—so white it reflected light—shirt.

"If Shinhwa and the Union can't butt in, then what about the Cai Shen Clan?" An almost evil grin appeared on this germaphobe's face. "If I say Jiwoo is under Cai Shen Clan's protection, would you still have the fucking guts to lay your hands on him?"

Cai, Cai Shen Clan?! Kang Dusik broke into a cold sweat. Who didn't know about the Cai Shen Clan? Although that group was in China, it has its own island as its headquarters. Furthermore, that island was a moveable island so no one knew its exact location. One day, it would be in the Caribbean waters. Next, it would be in the Pacific.

More than that, Cai Shen Clan was a gathering ground of Awakeners with unconventional powers and genius non-Awakeners. Although its Awakened population was less than most groups, Cai Shen Clan's influence compared to no other. Many Awakened would never dare go against them because most of them had once been helped by the Cai Shen Clan since its founding.

Moreover, Cai Shen Clan itself was very protective of its people—especially the one they call little leader. Once, someone tried to assassinate the little leader in broad daylight. None of Cai Shen moved but that young child, who had not even reached his teenage years, easily dealt with the assassin.

After that, the Cai Shen Clan discovered the group behind it and... uprooted the entire group in a single night. If Seo Jiwoo truly was under that group's protection, then Baekdu would be in deep trouble. Really deep trouble.

Goo Inhyuk shot Ho-Jun a look. Really, a kid with that much power is scary.

"So," Ahn Ho-Jun beamed, almost causing Inhyuk to coo with how cute he was. "Why don't you let Jiwoo the fuck down and scram your way back to your fucking Baekdu, huh?"

Silence permeated in the gym, causing Jiwoo's deep breaths to become louder. Kang Dusik immediately recalled his powers back and Jiwoo fell on the ground.

"Argh!"

"Shitty old man!" Ho-Jun struggled from his binds.

Seeing that things settled down a bit, Park Seongha untied Ho-Jun and released the brat before he could explode.

Never before had Ho-Jun felt so flustered. "Jiwoo, how is it?"

"G, Good. I can, at least still, move a bit—"

Thunder boomed and lightning suddenly pierced through the roof, destroying a chunk of the building. Everyone, as well as Han Seongik who had just arrived, were stunned.

A man had come along with that lightning, radiating a bloodthirsty aura that could overwhelm even the average Awakener.

Kang Dusik: "Who the hell are you?!"

"Jiwoo," Kayden Break began. "Watch and learn... how to get rid of an enemy who gets in your way."

Kayden Break.

This was the first time any of them had seen this person make a move. Lightning danced in the air, its crackling powers making Ho-Jun's hair stand up. His electric blue eyes widened in awe as the devastating power of Kayden's lightning.

A very dangerous dance was being performed in front of him and it tempted Ho-Jun to do something incredibly stupid.

I want to fight.

That pair of electric blue eyes seemed to glow with excitement.

I really want to fight Kayden.

.

.

"Stop moving already, how the fuck am I supposed to patch you up if you keep fidgeting?!"

"Sorry!"

Jiwoo pouted and tried not to make a move. He kept glancing at Ho-Jun from the corner of his eyes, as if he had something to ask. The germaphobe noticed this and asked, "What? You look like you're brimming with questions."

"That, Just that, Ho-Jun, you've been smiling since we left the gym."

A flicker of surprise flashed through Ho-Jun's eyes as he consciously curved down his lips into a frown. Jiwoo visibly deflated when the smile on Ho-Jun's face disappeared.

It was too bad he couldn't take a picture.

Ho-Jun smiling was so cute!

"Anyway," Ho-Jun started as he fished out a medical mask inside the first aid kit he used. "I have to get going. I'll drop by in the morning to bring you breakfast." He suddenly glared at Jiwoo, startling the poor injured teen. "Don't you dare eat the cafeteria's food, got that?!"

"Y, Yes!"

Ahn Ho-Jun left Jiwoo's room, huffing as he shut the door close. Although, if one looked closely, the tip of his ears was painted a pastel red. Dammit. I forgot to wear a mask in front of Jiwoo?? The germaphobe suddenly felt a crisis. There was just no way he could have forgotten it, right?!

For some reason, I feel this is fucking dangerous if it keeps up.

.

.

"They're supposed to be around this area but it's taking them quite a while to arrive."

A small metal boat hovered over the sea and sitting on it was a man with long brown hair tied in a fishtail braid. A pair of stunning electric blue eyes glistened in annoyance. "Xiao Yuyu said it's okay if I kill them, right?" This man was none other than Tian Longwei. A few hours ago, he received a message from his little brother.

Xiao Yuyu
you can redeem yourself today
sink baekdu's boat
if i see that old man alive, im not going back to the clan

A spine-chilling chuckle escaped Longwei's lips. "As long as I kill him, Xiao Yuyu will visit~" A small dot appeared over the horizon. Longwei perked up and made the metal boat move towards that direction. A bloodthirsty stare fixated on the old man standing near the bow. That must be... Kang Dusik, my target.

However, someone beat Longwei into making an appearance.

Kayden!

"Yo." Everyone on the boat glanced at the person who hopped onto the railing, his oversized jacket fluttering in the wind. Longwei beamed staring down at them before his gaze landed on Kayden. "Kayden, this old man, can you leave him to me? I have a mission to accomplish no matter the cost, you see. If I fail, my Xiao Bao wouldn't visit the clan."

"Yeah? Do you think I care about your feelings?" Kayden Break rolled his eyes.

As expected.

This brat was just as annoying as ever.

"Come on, Cai Shen Clan would owe you a favor! Make that two, okay? Just leave the old man to me. You can take care of the rest!"

Kang Dusik felt he was dreaming.

Did he just hear this audacious brat say... that the Cai Shen Clan would owe Kayden two favors? "W, Wait, you, you're from the Cai Shen Clan? What, What are you doing here?" Don't tell me that brat in the academy ratted me out!

"Hm?" Longwei's playful gaze shifted from Kayden to Kang Dusik. "My little brother told me you got on his nerves, so he asked me to deal with you little insects. People really dare to annoy my—Longwei's—little brother. Do you know how hard I work to make him happy? Hm?"

L, Longwei? He's Tian Longwei?! "Y, Your brother? I don't seem to have met him."

"Hey," Kayden butted in with an uninterested expression. "Remember that kid beside my apprentice? That's Tian Longyu."

In an instant, all the color on Kang Dusik's face drained away.

It was over.

He offended the little leader from the stories.

I'm... screwed.

And the second Kang Dusik raised his head, several weapons midair greeted him. Their nozzles were directed at him, ready to fire at any second.

Ridicule appeared in Tian Longwei's eyes. "Take it as me sending you off to a lifetime vacation. Who told you to be so stupid and conceited? Anyway," a grin spread across Longwei's face. "I'll see you in hell in the future."

.

From afar, one could see an explosion that caused the seawater to rise in the air, reaching the highest point of the troposphere.

.

Tian Longwei cracked his neck, a sigh of relief escaping his lips. "That was a good warm up. So, Kayden," Longwei turned around and gave Kayden a curious look. "Your apprentice... knows my Xiao Yuyu?"

"Ugh, enough with the childish nicknames. It's creepy when it comes from you. And so?" Kayden discovered that the Tian Longwei he met before had changed quite a lot. Though he gushed over his brother just the same, this Tian Longwei seemed more... childish.

It made him even more annoying.

Fuck.

"Well," Longwei had gone quiet. "If it's your apprentice, I think he'll be a good friend to Xiao Yuyu."

Kayden resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Ha, if you only knew. Your brother is the mother hen of that weird group of kids. "Whatever. I've got to head back. You coming?"

"... no." I'm not ready to see Xiao Bao yet. I need time to prepare. I mean, I haven't seen him personally in years so... HOW MUCH CUTER DID HE BECOME?! A weird almost psychotic chuckle came out of Longwei's throat, causing Kayden to take three steps back.

Crazy. This idiot is crazy!

.

.

.

.

"Are you... Kayden Break?"

A voice asking behind stopped Kayden in his steps. Turning around, a youth stood there while giving him a curious gaze. Kayden felt a bit of a surprise. This was the first time he met someone who didn't give him hostility or a look of reverence.

This kid... simply looked at him as if he was a simple, interesting stranger.

"Yeah, what about it, kid?"

"Nothing. Just a bit curious. I've been hearing so many rumors about you that I couldn't stay still until I confirmed them."

Rumors had always been glued to his name. Then again, those rumors were definitely real, so whatever this kid had to say, it must be true—

"I heard that you were incredibly ugly in person."

— what the fuck did he just say?

"But facts seem to say otherwise." The youth caressed his chin, deep in thought, unaware of the brewing danger in front of him. "Many seemed to say so, however. 'Kayden Break doesn't show his face because he's been mutilated by an enemy,' that's what many seemed to believe."

"Hey," Kayden's eye twitched. "Kid, where did you hear that from?" If he found out who had been spreading that false rumor, he would fucking end their lives.

"Oh? Well, that's what I thought."

That's what "I" thought.

"I" thought.

Almost instantly, Kayden's killing intent reached its peak. "You... fucking brat. You've been spreading that rumor about me?" A murderous laughter suddenly came from Kayden. "Good, I don't really fight against kids like you but you'll be the only exception."

The youth's eyes glistened in delight. "So, will you fight me?"

"Why not? What's your name, kid."

"Ahn Yeon-Jin but most people know me as Tian Longwei."

Hearing that name, Kayden's eyebrows jumped in surprise. "Ho, so you're that kid from the Tian Family."

Kayden felt a thrilling excitement coursing through his veins. Out of all the people he fought, none of them possessed any unique powers. It was always the generic elemental power, gravity, or physical powers—they only differed in application and utilization.

But Tian Longwei?

Ha.

He was definitely looking forward to beating the shit out of this brat.

.

.

A yawn escaped Kayden as he sat on the chair beside Jiwoo's bed. He made sure not to make any sudden movements since the kid was already fast asleep. His mind, however, seemed to be very much awake.

Though he didn't consider Tian Longwei as a friend, they could be considered acquaintances and partners-in-crime. Tian Longwei had once followed him for a short time, and both of them had caused quite a lot of ruckus wherever they went. However, one day, Tian Longwei disappeared.

The next time Kayden heard about him, it was a month later when the tragedy of the Tian Family spread across the Awakened World.

Tian Feiyu, the former Tian Family Patriarch and the father of Longwei, was discovered to have been involved in human experimentations. His most prized test subject was none other than his second son, Tian Longyu. It was Longwei who eradicated the entire institution and even the whole Tian Family.

But at the time, Longwei had lost all reason.

Kayden had only known about the situation because Zheng Yusheng came to him with a message from Longwei.

And that, Longwei had almost killed his own brother.

That was the reason why Longwei decided not to follow him anymore. He wanted to make up the many years he left his little brother behind.

Kayden couldn't help but sigh. "Why am I even worrying about things that don't concern me?"

.

.

.

.

Towers of flames lit up the night sky.

Two figures stood amidst this chaos. One tall and one short.

Despair could be seen in Tian Longwei's eyes. "Xiao Bao," his voice cracked, causing him to pause. The youth bit his lip, trying not to break out into uncontrollable cries. "Xiao Bao, don't you remember your ge? I'm your gege, the best gege in the world! Sorry, I was too late. It seems like I can't be the best anymore, huh? Xiao Bao, I'm here to take you home—with me and mama! You don't have to stay here anymore, okay?"

Although he drowned in a sea of despair, Longwei still forced himself to smile despite how fearful the little one was in front of him. "Xiao Bao, won't you, go home with ge? I'm sure that mama misses you." The youth crouched down, making himself smaller than his little brother. His arms stretched out in a careful manner, wanting to pick up Tian Longyu.

But the child stepped back in fright.

This broke Longwei's heart.

"Xiao Bao—"

"No!" The child who had just reached his tenth birthday not long ago yelled in fear. "I," his pale, cracked lips trembled. "I'm scared..."

Tian Longwei immediately pulled back his arms and distanced himself from his little brother. It didn't need one to look close. Longwei's legs trembled as he glanced at his own hands that had killed countless lives.

Hands that had almost killed his own brother.

If I hadn't lost control...

If I just kept my reason...

Would Xiao Bao be this afraid of me..?

"Xiao Bao... Longyu, I—"

"A'Wei! A'Yu! There you guys are!"

Pushing away the debris, Zheng Yusheng stumbled into this solemn scene. Both brothers were crying.

One in despair and the other in fear.

"A'Wei, what's —"

"Yusheng-gege..." The child suddenly cried out. "Yusheng-gege, I'm scared."

Yusheng glanced warily at this scene but hearing Longyu cry like that? He couldn't take it in anymore so he picked up the child who immediately buried himself into his arms. He looked at Longwei but found that his friend appeared to be looking at something far away.

All the while shedding silent tears.

"A'Wei, what... happened here?"

"A'Sheng, could you, could you take Xiao—" Longwei took a deep, shaky breath. "Could you take him back home first? I'll... deal with everything here."

Yusheng had many questions.

But he couldn't ask any of them.

Not when Longwei looked as if he had lost all reasons to live.

.

.

😭😭😭

I'm looking forward to mending the brothers' relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 10.6K 32
When Jeon Jungkook , a normal teen finds out that his crush actually likes his best friend , everything turns upside down . Pls DUnt Kill MeH This Is...
1.6K 116 10
being friends with 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐞𝐨𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐤𝐨𝐨𝐤 can't possibly have any downsides, can it?
101K 5.4K 66
The Student Body President and her friends keep protecting the school bully... No one knows why. * 18+ - MULTIPLE TRIGGER WARNINGS*
493K 21.7K 43
"If I feel threatened, I attack. If I see that they're trying to take you away from me, then I'll turn 𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭." Yoon Areum's life was quiet until s...