Miles From Normal

By damonsbaby4ever

Percy Jackson is a girl! And she's moved from New York to the seemingly nondescript town of Mystic Falls, Vir... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A/N
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 8

5.2K 177 2
By damonsbaby4ever

"So, Mason Lockwood's a werewolf," said Damon to Percy, who didn't even look surprised.

"Great. Another monster," she scoffed.

Damon was silent for a while. "Do you think I'm a monster?"

Percy gave a start. "No... I meant... I don't think all vampires are monsters. Some of them are good. I wouldn't have befriended you if I thought you were a monster now, would I?" She gave a sheepish grin. "That was a stupid explanation."

When the vampire didn't reply, she continued. "I mean, I was thinking of Caroline - how she killed that man - she didn't seem to realize the consequences of what she did."

"Caroline is a newly turned vampire. She didn't have control over herself. Not that I'm defending her - I wanted to kill her, as you know - but we've all done bad things," said Damon.

"I understand. I've done things too - things that I'm not proud of." Percy thought of time she tortured Achlys, back in Tartarus. Annabeth had seemed almost afraid of her, as she begged for her to stop.

"Anyway, are you coming to the Historical Society Volunteers Day?" Damon asked, changing the topic.

"Yeah. Mom and Paul volunteered to go, and I'm going with them. I want to get out of the house for a bit."

"Good. I have something I need to tell you."

"Why don't you just tell me now?"

"I can't." He eyed Stefan who was sitting on the couch, pretending that he couldn't hear every word they were saying.

"Okay. I get it. I'll see you then."

"See you."

Later that day, Percy found herself in Paul's car, on her way to the volunteer thing. She wasn't quite sure as to what it was, but decided to go if it means getting out the house.

"I'm starting to realize this town consists mainly of events and parties. We have been here for like, what, two weeks, and there have been at least five events."

"Well, this is not New York," Paul answered.

Percy scoffed slightly. THAT was an understatement.

"I like it," said Sally with a soft smile. "I heard there's a masquerade party in two days."

"We should definitely go," said Paul. He looked at Percy via the rearview mirror. "So, Percy, what do you say?"

"Sure," replied Percy. "Sounds fun."

"You went to one right?" Paul asked nicely. "I remember you mentioning a while back that you did."

She nodded. "Yeah. In Olympus, before the First War. But they weren't masquerades."

There had been three of them and all three of them were painful remainders, as to how life had been before Tartarus. Before the Second Giant War.

The first had been when she was thirteen. A reward for rescuing Artemis. She had spent all the party dancing with Annabeth.

And it was in that same party that Athena had told her what her fatal flaw was. They never really got along. The goddess thought that Annabeth deserved better friends. And all the while, Percy was thinking that Annabeth deserved a better mother. And now she had to spend all of eternity with her dysfunct godly family.

But she couldn't speak, Poseidon hadn't really been father #1 of the year. But back then, she had always convinced herself that he was a busy god.

Of course, now that the wars were over, and she wasn't a mortal anymore, she could see him whenever she wanted to.

The second party has been after the Second War. But it had been... more depressing. A lot of demigods had died, and they couldn't simply ignore that. Percy, Annabeth and Nico were fresh out of Tartarus and going through a bad phase.

"We're here," Sally announced, shaking Percy out of her thoughts.

Startled, she looked out of the window. She hadn't been to that part of the town yet, so it was a new view for her. She had to admit that it would've been a perfect place for the park, if that was indeed what this social event was for.

She saw some people painting and moving stuff, building stuff. Lots of tents with lemonade stands and food charts hung at the corner, along with books and other things, like jewelry.

A social event for both gathering money and building a park.

Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day. Percy wasn't sure where the name came from. But okay. At least it would be distracting. And she wanted to hear what Damon had to say.

"I've got some buckets of paint, and some wood..." Paul said, trying to unload all the stuff in the trunk of his car.

Percy couldn't help showing off her skills, ahem, magic, as she began to levitate out the contents of the trunk onto the ground.

"Percy, no!" Sally looked horrified. "Someone could see you!"

"They can't," replied Percy with a cheeky grin. "Because, you know, the Mist."

"Right, the Mist." Sally looked relieved.

"What's the Mist?" said a voice behind them.

Percy started, then relaxed as she turned behind her to find Damon.

"It's you," said Percy. "Seeing as you're here, you might as well help with lifting those bigger pieces of wood."

"Why don't you just use your magic?"

Sally and Paul looked alarmed at the fact that he had spotted Percy.

"Relax, mom." She turned to look at at Sally. "He can see through the Mist. It's no big deal."

"But, then, does he..." Sally trailed off, but Percy understood her meaning.

"No, he doesn't," She assured her mother.

"Hello," Damon waved a hand at Percy. "I'm standing right here."

"Yes," replied Percy. "And that's why you're coming with me, and we're putting an end to this conversation right here. We'll be back, mom."

She led him away from her parents.

"Okay, spill."

Damon looked around him for a minute, trying to find Stefan, Elena or Caroline. "Stefan broke up with Elena. And I think it's because Caroline is reporting whatever happens between them back to Katherine."

"You think Katherine's gonna go for Stefan now?"

"I don't think so. I know so."

"Is that what you wanted to tell me?" Percy asked.

"That, and another small thing," replied Damon.

"What?"

"I tried to kill Mason with a silver knife," Damon admitted. "And he might be trying to get back at me."

"Why would you do that?" Percy exclaimed.

"Because he's a werewolf," said Damon. "We're natural enemies."

"That doesn't mean you have to try to murder him," chided Percy.

"Anyway, that's not what I wanted to talk to you about," said Damon.

"There's more?"

"Yes. There's this moonstone. A curse on vampires and werewolves according to the Aztec legends makes werewolves 'slaves of the moon', and the vampires 'servants of the sun.'"

"Meaning?"

"The werewolves can only transform on a full moon, and the vampires can only walk during the night."

"But you can go out in the sunlight," Percy pointed out.

"That's because we have this." Damon wiggled his fingers in front of her.

"That ring?" asked Percy. "What does it do?"

"It was enchanted by witches to protect us from the daylight," Damon replied with a smug smile.

"Right. And what does the moonstone have to do with all of this?"

"The moonstone is the key to breaking this curse. And Mason Lockwood is looking for it."

"So he can transform at any time he wants?" Percy asked. "Definitely not. That could pose a serious threat to the mortals. What do we do?"

Damon wanted to ask her why she was referring to the humans as mortals, when she herself was a mortal. Or was she? He didn't know what to think anymore. But he knew he could trust her. Even though his brother didn't.

"But you're fine with vampires breaking the curse?"

"As I said, there are good vampires. And I believe werewolves can't really control who they hurt or kill once they transform. Now answer my question, what do we do?"

"We kill him," he said simply.

"Again? What is it with you and killing the werewolf?" Percy asked. "Why can't we just find the moonstone before he does and keep it safe?"

"Because," said Damon, "it is either kill or be killed. If I don't kill him, he will definitely stake me."

Percy sighed. "Tell me your plan."

As it turned out, Damon didn't have much of a plan. It was more of a snap-his-neck-as-soon-as-you-see-him kinda thing. According to him, plans don't always work out the way you want them to.

As she approached her parents after speaking with Damon, someone appeared, and bumped into her.

Percy jumped. "Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't..." Then she saw who it was.

"No, I'm sorry. It's my fault." Mason Lockwood smiled at her. "Miss Jackson, right? I saw you at the carnival the other day."

"Yes," said Percy. "You're Mason Lockwood, right? Damon told me about you."

"So you're friends with Damon, huh?"

Just then, said vampire appeared beside her, seemingly out of nowhere, Stefan at his side.

"Well, Mason. Working hard?"

"Doing my part," Mason answered curtly.

"I heard you talked to Stefan here," Damon said, slapping his brother on the back, something that was meant to be friendly.

"Nice guy," Mason said. "Too bad nice is overrated."

"That's what I thought." Damon wrapped an arm around Percy's shoulder. "And I see you know Percy too."

"Good day to you, Damon." Mason's eyes were positively dark and cold. "And Percy, it was a pleasure to meet you."

He walked off, without sparing a glance to the two vampires who were standing with her.

Percy shrugged off Damon's arm. "Was that really necessary?"

Damon feigned innocence. "Was what really necessary?"

"Forget it. I thought you were going to kill him?"

"With all these people around?" asked Damon. "Are you crazy?"

"Not to mention, the sheriff's around here somewhere?" said Stefan. "We really don't want her to find out about us."

Percy gave Stefan a glare. "So we're on speaking terms now, are we?"

"Look, Percy, I just want our plan to go off without a hitch. And if speaking to you will ensure that, I'm ready to do that," said the green-eyed vampire.

"Excuse me, I'm gonna go get a drink," said Percy, making her way towards the lemonade stand.

Damon watched as she grabbed a cup, and walked towards them. She raised it to her lips and was about to drink it, when she paused.

"Hmm. That's a weird smell. Is that lemonade?" She handed her cup to Damon, who took it from her and sniffed.

One second later, he grimaced, looking up at Stefan. "Vervain." He looked at Percy, who looked confused. "It's like vampire poison. It weakens and hurts vampires."

"Does vervain hurt you too?" asked Stefan.

"No," Percy scoffed. "There's a blonde woman looking at us."

"Liz," Damon said, not turning. "I saw her talking to Mason."

"Do you think he told her?" Stefan seemed worried.

"He must have told her," said Damon.

"So that's what he planned to do," Percy realized. "He told that blonde woman you two are vampires and tried to prove it by putting vervain in my drink." But She still wasn't sure why it was so dangerous for the woman to know that they were vampires.

"Yours is not the only drink with vervain." Stefan pointed to the tent. "All of them are."

"And she wants to see what happens when one of you drink. Smart."

The vampires shared a look. Stefan looked stressed. "If we don't drink she's going to know."

Damon scowled. "What are you saying, that we should poison ourselves? Please, we can't stand that, and she'll know that we're indeed vampires."

Percy took the glass of lemonade with vervain from Damon's hand. They watched her as she closed her eyes in concentration. Then she handed it back to Damon.  "Drink."

They looked at her like she was crazy. "What?"

"Just do it," Percy insisted. "Trust me."

Damon looked at the glass in his hand, wondering how it didn't have the same smell as before.

He drew the glass to his lips, taking a long gulp. Stefan watched, waiting to see his brother coughing in pain. But nothing happened.

They shared a look of bewilderment. Then, Damon passed the glass to Stefan.

Stefan took a long gulp, mentally bracing himself for the pain. But once again, nothing happened. It tasted like sweet, common, lemonade. Not a drop of vervain in it.

"Did you-"

Percy nodded with a grin. "Told ya."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.6K 66
fem!Percy {Book One} Percy Jackson goes to Mystic Falls for one reason... School! The schools in New York aren't accepting Percy Jackson anymor...
1.1K 85 10
Colette, a young demigod seeking a fresh start, moves to the rainy town of Forks, Washington. As she navigates the halls of her new high school, she...
133K 3K 15
[COMPLETED] Hey! This is a fem!Percy Jackson and Harry Potter crossover. Percy Jackson is a daughter of Poseidon and is a witch. She's been attendin...
849 53 5
No Grave Can Hold My Body Down / I'll Crawl Home To Her. Percy Jackson X Fem OC TTC - TLO