Gold Rush | Jack Hughes

By kellslibrary

what happens when she's invited to sing the american and canadian national anthems at the new Jersey devils g... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21
22.
23.
25.
26.
27.
28
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.

24.

1.7K 27 21
By kellslibrary

I've been very busy lately and writers block hit me like crazy once again. Uh enjoy this wholesome chapter!
_______________________

Late November

"Let's go devils let's go!" The fans shout. I sit back in the chair watching jack sit in the penalty box. Just a minute ago he got a penalty for tripping. I didn't think he tripped the guy but that's just me.

Lilly sits up as luke gets the puck and shoots it right into the back of the net. She jumps up and cheers from the suite. Tonight we're in the suite with the other girlfriends so we have some privacy. The last couple games I've been swarmed by my fans.

I love them but this is my private time. Speaking of private my roommates and I are hosting a friendsgiving, quinn, trevor and cole are flying here tonight since the break starts tomorrow. Alex is already here since they're playing LA.

Jack gets out of the penalty box and gets the puck right away. Sadly it hits the cross bar but nico gets the rebound. Isla and I jump up on our feet cheering.

They celebrate and both look over at us. We both cheer louder causing them to laugh. After they finish celebrating they're back on the bench. I look at the bench and alex hangs his head in defeat. "I feel a little bad for alex" I frown. "Same" isla says.

Sadly this game goes by way too fast but the devils win. When the crowd settles we make our way down to the family waiting area but when we get there Trevor, quinn, sophie and cole are there. "Olivia!" Trevor cheers.

I laugh as he hugs me "you saw me like a week ago" I tell him. "And? I'm excited" he says. "Jack should be out soon" quinn says as he side hugs me. "Awesome hi quinn" I reply. "Hi sophie" I add while hugging her. "Hi liv" she replies.

After hugging and catching up quickly we watch Jack's post game interview that he got pulled into. "So thanksgiving weekend is coming up do you have any plans?" One interviewer askd. "Uh yeah just uh spending time with my brothers, friends and girlfriend" he answers.

My face heats up as Jack's smile appears after mentioning me. "Speaking of girlfriend, olivia released her album not too long ago and you were in music videos, how proud of her are you?" Another asks.

He chuckles awkwardly "I'm uh very proud of her" he answers. "What's your favourite song of hers?" The same guy asks. "All of em" he answers. "Me too" trevor says standing beside me.

"Thanks z" I whisper. He nods "of course" he whispers back. His interview ends a minute later and about 20 minutes later jacks coming out with wet hair and his suit on.

Jack comes right to me and hugs me tightly. "Good job" I whisper. "Thank you" he whispers back. He puts me back on my feet and looks down at me "your boys are here" I tell him. He finally realizes that trevor,
Cole, and quinn are here.

I watch as he hugs them and while they're Congratulating him alex comes from the visiting locker room. "Turcs!" They cheer. "I didnt know you guys were here" he says.

The girls and I watch them be weird for a couple minutes. "Trev is adorable" emma blurts out. "What's happening with you two?" I ask her. "Keeping it casual" she shrugs. "I know you don't do long distance" I start. "No" she says.

"Fine" I give in. They stop hugging and being bros so we start leaving. "We ubered here by the way" trevor tells jack. "We can pile into my car" jack says draping his arm over my shoulder and trevor walks beside him.

Ahead of us cole and felicity are walking together with nico, isla, jordyn, cari and alex ahead of them.

"Wait what are we doing?" Trevor asks once we're at Jack's car. "Back to mine to watch a movie?" I suggest. They all agree, isla, nico, jordyn and cari go in nicos car while alex, cole and trevor sit in the back while felicity sits on coles lap and emma sits on Trevor's.

Once Jack's driving I look at emma through the rearview mirror. Trevor's whispering something in her ear and her face turns pink. I smirk and look over at jack "I love this" I tell him.

He smiles and squeezes my hand "me too" he says. I lean over kissing his cheek then look out the window for the rest of the drive.

Nico beat us there and they're already on the couch. "I'm gonna change real quick" jack tells me. "Ok baby I'm gonna make popcorn" I reply. "Sweet" he cheers. I giggle and go over to the kitchen.

While its popping emma comes in "trevor asked if he could crash in my room" she says. "Yeah?" I ask. She blushes "yeah then he said in detail what he wants to do to me later" she adds. "Oh my" I reply thinking of Jack.

She blushes "I was thinking on the drive here" she starts but jack and trevor both come into the kitchen. "Oooo popcorn" trevor says smelling the air. "Tell me later" I whisper to emma. She nods and looks at trevor. "Its still popping wanna take our drinks in?" She asks.

He nods and takes her white claw and his beer into the living room. "So you were saying" I say once hes gone. Jack looks at me with raised eyebrows but doesnt say anything. "I think I like him" she says.

Jack looks confused then connects the dots "you should tell him" he says. "What?" We both ask looking at him. Jack sighs "he likes you emma" he says. She turns pink "oh" she says.

The microwave beeps interrupting us and I pull the bag out. While it cools I put another bag in then jack puts the first bag into a bowl. "Here" he says handing it to emma. "Thanks" she mumbles then goes to the living room.

"Sooo our friends dating, that would be cool" I say. He wraps his arm around my waist "it would be although I think cole and felicity are on their way there too" he says.

I nod "yeah I think so too, I think she's secretly gone up to Montreal to watch some of his home games" I giggle. "Yeah she has he cant keep anything a secret" he says. "Then there turcs" I laugh. "I think he's got someone in LA" he says. "Ahh ok" I reply.

We move to the living room when our popcorns done. They found a movie and now we're all focused on that for the night.

The following morning I woke up early and made breakfast for everyone and the guys nicely cleaned up the kitchen so I could start preparing everything for dinner.

Jordyn, cari, isla and I started with the Turkey and the ham. I smothered the turkey in butter and seasonings before jack put it in the oven for me. The ham was glazed in honey and will be put in later.

Once that was done I made a charcuterie board so everyone could snack while they played nhl. "The turkey smells fantastic baby" jack telle me. "Thank you baby" I smile. He kisses my cheek then goes off to play with the guys.

Hours go by and now it's 4pm and I've prepared mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes from the grill we have on the patio, honey carrots, and salad. Trevor and emma ran to the store to get pie and buns since I forgot about it.

During the waiting period I had also made stuffed mushrooms which seemed to be a hit. I love cooking as much as I love being a singer. Now the turkey is done and resting on the stove while the hams in the oven.

"Want me to carve it?" Jack asks while I'm making gravy. "Please" I answer. He nods and carves the Turkey putting the slices on a plate along with the legs. "I'm gonna put it back in to keep warm since the hams done" he tells me. "Thank you babe" I reply.
Jack kisses my cheek once he's done "of course babe" he whispers.

As soon as everything is done and the tables set we dig in. This dinner was perfect and I'm so happy to have everyone here.

The next couple of days go by with the guys here then they're gone. Trevor back to Anaheim, alex back to LA, quinn back to Vancouver and cole back to montreal.

Sadly the rest of November had gone by and now it is December 13th which means it is Taylor's birthday. I had already tweeted and texted her wishing her a happy birthday.

Trevor had retweeted my tweets and reposted my Instagram story. Jack did the same right after I posted which is adorable.

Right now I'm watching the reputation tour movie with Jack. "So this is what it's going to be like next year?" He asks. "Yes" I answer excitedly. "But it's called the eras tour so shes gonna be singing songs from each era" I add.

My phone buzzes right after saying that.

Taylor

Announcing the tour in 15 minutes

Olivia

Omg ahhh okay!!!

Those 15 minutes go by so fast and now my phone is blowing up. The girls texting me excited to come with me and all of Jack's friends excited and shocked since I hadn't said anything while they were here just a few weeks ago.

●●

Twitter

Taylorswift13:

Since it is my birthday I am so excited to announce that I am going back on tour! The first leg starting in the United states with gracie Abrams, paramore, girl in red, muna, haim and Olivia Davis are opening!

GracieAbrams:

So excited to be opening for taylor swift next year on the eras tour

Oliviadavis:

So so so Sooo excited to be opening for taylor swift next year along with Gracie, paramore, girl in red, muna and haim. This is a dream come true.

●●

Unknown number

Hey Olivia its gracie!
Got your number from taylor
So excited to meet you finally

Olivia

Holy crap I'm so excited
I need help with my set list lol

Gracie

I could help
Mine is set

Olivia

Is 21 on it?

Gracie

Yesss

Olivia

Hell yeah! Can't wait to scream it

Gracie

I'm so excited to become besties

●●

We text for a little bit and then Jack puts his head in my face. "Yes baby?" I ask. "I'm proud of you" he says. I smile "thank you jack I'm proud of you too yknow" I tell him.

He smiles "thank you babe" he whispers and pecks my lips. We share a few kisses then go back to watching the tour movie. "What shows do you wanna go to?" I ask him. "I can go to the MetLife dates and most of the ones during the summer" he answers.

Gracie and I are doing a majority of the dates together and a few of the dates I'm doing paramore is also opening which is actually insane.

The next week goes by and jack was gone for a few days on a quick roadie and now it's christmas eve and we're waiting in line to board our flight to visit Jack's family for Christmas. Luke and lilly behind us.

"My mom told me what she got you" jack whispers. I look up at him "oh really?" I ask. He nods with a toothy smile "yeah you'll love it" he says. "Well she told me what she got you" I reply with a smirk. He gasps "she did not" he says.

I nod "she did" I confirm. He frowns "my mom loves you more than me" he says. "Awww I dont think so jacky" I tell him. His smile reappears "I wouldn't mind though" he says. "Liar" I whisper. "Am not" he whispers back.

After finally getting to our seats we get comfortable and we're taking off. The flight goes by in a flash and now we're going through the airport. "Moms waiting for us outside" luke says looking at his phone.

Hell yeah. "Dad, quinn and sophia are at home making breakfast apparently" he adds. "Thank god I'm starving" lily says rubbing her stomach. Seconds later my stomach growls and I laugh "guess I am too" I reply.

Jack drapes his arm over my shoulder "we'll get you fed" he whispers then kisses the side of my head. I smile and lean into him "thank you" I whisper looking up at him. He smiles "of course my girl" he whispers back.

With our bags that each have enough clothes for the next couple days we make our way outside and Ellen's standing outside the car. "My kids" she cheers pulling all four of us into a hug. "Hi mom" both luke and jack says.

"Hi ellen" lilly and I say at the same time. "Girls how are you doing?" She asks once we're out of the group hug. "Great! My team won our last few games" lilly answers. "That's amazing!" Ellen replies.

I smile "I'm great, so ready for tour to start" I answer. "Oh yes I saw that you're touring with Taylor swift" she says. I smile happily "I am indeed" i reply. "That's an amazing achievement liv" she says.

The other three nod in agreement "shes right babe a stadium tours amazing" jack says. "I'm excited but also nervous to perform infront of that many people" I confess.

As soon as our bags are in the trunk we hop in the car, ellen insisted I sit in the front with her so Jack's in the back with luke and lilly. My arms reaching into the back so I can still hold Jack's hand.

The drive to their house isn't long, when we get there all I can smell is bacon. "I've got our bags go eat" Jack says. "You sure babe?" I ask. He nods "yeah baby go eat" he answers. I nod and kiss his cheek before he goes upstairs.

Luke takes his and Lilly's bags upstairs as well while we go to the kitchen where Jim, quinn and sophia already are. "Liv!" Sophia cheers. She puts down the spatula and comes over to me for a hug.

While we're hugging I hear footsteps "trying to steal my girl soph?" Jack asks jokingly. "Maybe" she jokes back. "Hey hey no stealing of anyone's girl" quinn says. Sophia laughs and goes over to quinn "awe don't worry I'll never leave you" she reassures him.

Breakfast and christmas eve both go by so fast. Now it's Christmas morning and we're all sitting in the living room with the Christmas tree lit up and Luke's handing out everyone's presents.

Everyone else has opened their presents and now it's my turn. "First is from me" Ellen says excitedly. They all watch as I open the box. When I get it open I see a note ontop of a soft blanket and a notebook.

Something heavy and warm to bring on tour with you
- ellen

"Is it a weighted blanket?" I ask lifting it up. She nods "yes it is" she answers. "Oh that's amazing thank you so much" I pout. She smiles "of course! Jack said you get anxiety on the road so I thought it would help" she says. "And a notebook incase you wanna write while you're on the road" she adds.

Sophia got me a couple cute dresses, quinn got me fidget pen, a 3 in 1 charging station and a pair of Gucci slides. Luke got me a reversible octopus plushy, lilly got me a cute purse and jack got me a brand new acoustic guitar.

He smiles looking at me "like it?" He asks while I'm holding it. "I love it oh my god" I answer looking at it. "Theres a J on the headstock" he says pointing at it. "Awww that's cute" I pout and kiss his cheek.

We spend the rest of christmas together just celebrating and before we know it it's the day before new years eve. Jack had practice this morning and I'm currently live on Instagram talking about the album since I was so busy the last month and a half.

"How did I meet aaron and jack? Aaron actually reached out and wanted to work together and one day jack just randomly joined I'm so happy with how the album turned out" I answer.

I answer a few more questions about the album then I see one about jack. "How long have I been with jack? Uh 10 months I think" I answer checking the date. "10 wonderful months" jack says from my door way causing me to jump. He chuckles and comes over sitting next to me.

The chat starts blowing up and I laugh "ok calm down everyone" I tell them. We spend a few more minutes just talking to the chat before I end the live then we have a nap together.

Our nap is short lived when jacks phone starts ringing. He groans and answers it "yeah?" He says. "Oh yeah sure" he replies to the person. I lean closer and hear quinn on the other end.

"Okay see you there" quinn says. "See you bye" jack replies then hangs up. "Quinn and soph wanna get dinner before the game" he says. "Okay! I'm down" I reply. He smiles "ok let's get ready then" he says standing up.

We quickly get ready for the game and then meet quinn and sophia for dinner. "How are you?" Sophia asks hugging me. "Great you?" I ask. "Amazing" she answers.

The four of us catch up since we didnt talk much at Christmas then we leave for the arena. Quinn and jack split from us and then sophia and I go find lily and the other wifes and girlfriends.

Post game

Jack got 2 goals, luke got 1 and an assist and Quinn got Vancouver's only goal. The devils won 4-1. Lilly and I are standing in the waiting area and watching our boyfriends post game interviews. Sophia waiting in the visiting teams area.

"Jack what is it like having one brother on your team and the other on the team you're playing against?" The interviewer asks. "Its uh pretty cool and intense" he answers.

He's asked a few more questions before he is let go. I wait about 15 minutes before he comes out. We go back to my place and spend the rest of the night together.

The following morning I make breakfast them we spend the day together before having dinner with quinn, sophia, lilly and luke. "Are we still going out tonight?" Jack asks us. "Yesss let's go out tonight" I answer.

Quinn and sophia agree since they're here til the 2nd and they go back to their hotel while we go back to my place and jack changes into something else then my roommates, jack and I all uber to the nearest club. Jack holds my hand while we make our way to the bar.

The bartender gets us some shots and jack starts a tab. "To the new year" he says over the music. We take a couple shots before I make him dance. We dance for hours and hours having a ton of fun together just us.

A countdown starts when theres only a minute left in the new year. Jack holds me as we stand on the dancefloor. "10,9,8,7,6,5" he whispers leaning closer and closer. "4,3,2" I whisper back. "1" we whisper at the same time before our lips meet.

"Happy new year baby" jack says between kisses. I smile against his lips "happy new year babe" I reply. We share a few more kisses before making our way to the bar and quinn and sophia pop up behind us.

Just the four of us share a round of shots before going back to dancing until the lights come on and there are hardly any people in the building. We easily find my roommates, quinn and Sophia uber back to the hotel.

Luke and lilly go over to Lilly's, my roommates go back to our place and Jack and I go to his place. "Happy new year babe" he whispers once we're laying down in his bed. "Happy new year baby" I whisper back.

Jack kisses my neck gently "I love you so much" he whispers. "I love you so much too" I whisper back. We then fall asleep together.

_____________________________

Hope ya enjoyed this took longer than expected so I'm sorry about that lol

Vote
Comment
Follow me

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 488 27
YOU'RE LOSING ME- LH43 IN WHICH- they were strangers then they became friends, they became lovers, they became strangers again. "𝙖𝙣𝙙 π™ž 𝙬𝙀π™ͺ𝙑𝙙...
49.9K 764 30
Seeing Jack again for the first time has done unfathomable things to Lyla's heart. They hadn't seen each other in years, and she thought she'd buried...
94.8K 1.3K 40
It's the most horrible time of the year for Miracle Zegras, especially when hearthrob, boy next door and-her childhood crush-comes home for the holid...
238K 5.7K 64
q°✩ | ˗ˏˋ β˜† ΛŽΛŠΛ— | 𝗹𝗢𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she won't forgive me ❞ ❝ i think she will ❞ q...