Woe Of The Witch

By 0rt3gay

Y/N Y/L/N a witch from Nevermore, gets assigned to volunteer in the infirmary. When a new student, Wednesday... More

DVD menu
1.0
1.5 | sights for the future
2.0 | canoe
2.5 |
3 | Poe Cup
3.5
4.0 | Outreach
4.5 | Visions
4.75 |
5.0 | Rave'N
5.5
6.0 | Dance the Night away
7.0 | tolerable
7.5 | innocence
8.0 | exoskeleton
8.5 |
9.0 | girls night out
9.5
| 10 |
|10.5|
11
Framing | 11.5
12 | monsters.
13.

10.75| Thing

1.3K 75 5
By 0rt3gay

The walk back to Wednesdays dorm was quiet, ignoring the way Wednesdays lifeless eyes found themselves watching the body beside her instead of the hall ahead.

Ignoring the way she was watching me, until I couldn't take it anymore, "what?" I said with a small laugh. Wednesday only shrugged, "was just looking."

"mhmm..." I hummed, rolling my eyes.

When we got closer to her dorm we saw that the door was left ajar. Wednesday looks back at me confused, "Thing probably forgot to close it." I suggested, trying to make sense of why Thing would would forget. He never forgets, he will randomly come to my dorm to double check that I locked my own door.

Wednesday pushes open the wooden door, revealing the trashed room. Her desk thrown inside out, papers everywhere.
"The dairy..." She lets out, staring at her destroyed room. Before quickly searching around.

"Thing?" I call out, looking for the appendage as I walk deeper into the room. As I get more into the dorm, a dripping sounds out louder.

"Thing..." Wednesday breaths, rushing toward the wall. I look up, seeing Thing stabbed through the palm and stuck to the wall. Crimson blood dripping down and onto the floor, leaving a sound while falling into the puddle.

Wednesday pulls him down, holding the not moving hand in her own. Eyes wide with shock and fear.

"We need to go for help." I say, grabbing a few tissues from Wednesdays desk and wrapping it around Thing. "Fester." Wednesday tells me.
I nod, "Okay, yeah- let's go."

We both run. Wednesday holding Thing in her hands, running as fast as our legs could carry us.

Down the stairs, through the Quad, down the yard, out and into the bed shed.
"Fester!" Wednesday yells, pushing through the door.

"Fester! Help! Things not moving! Help!" She shouts, waking him from his sleep.
"He was stabbed."

"Get him on the table!" Her uncle exclaims, quickly moving into action.

I push everything off the table, before Wednesday quickly and softly places him down. Fester rubs his hands together, generating electricity through his fingers.

He places his fingers onto Things palm, as a defibrillator. Things fingers tense from the shock, but doesn't move anymore.
So Fester tries again, his arms shaking from the energy running out of him.
"Oh, come on Thing." He begs, rubbing hands together once more.

Wednesday kneels down beside the table, watching Thing laid dormant on on the surface. For the first time I've ever seen, her eyes are fearful and teary. Her lip quivers as she prays for his life.

I bite my tongue, ignoring the warm tears as the pour out of my eyes.

"He's gone, Wednesday." Fester tells us, with a shaky breath.
"No. He's not." Wednesday pulls the hand closer to her, "Thing, if you can hear me. If you die, I will kill you." She warns.
Wednesday pushes the hand back to Fester, "go again." she demands.

I sigh, "Wedn-"
"I said again!" She yells. Fester looks up at me, shaking his head.
"Please!" she begs.

Fester complies, and shocks the hand again. Receiving no reaction. So he tries once more.

Things point finger slowly starts moving, the others quickly following behind.
Wednesday let's out shuttered gasps, as he starts sitting up.

"For a minute, we thought you picked your last lock, buddy." Fester exclaims.

"Who did this to you?" Wednesday asks, leaning closer to the bloody hand.
Thing slowly signs out an answer.
"Knife from behind the back." Wednesday repeats his words, "Cowards!" she exclaims.
"I promise whoever did this to you will suffer. It will be slow, long, and excruciatingly painful."

Thing holds up his pinky, for a promise. Which Wednesday takes, linking her finger with his own.
Wednesday quickly wipes her eyes and clears her throat before looking up at Fester and I.
"I'll stitch him back up." She tells us.

"That's okay, I'll do it. I'll lay low here tonight, keep an eye on the patient and skedaddle in the morning." Fester replied.

Wednesday takes a few breath, "I guess I'll see you at your arraignment or the next family reunion." She tells him, stepping infront of him.
"You'll always be my favorite, Wednesday." Fester admits.
"Be sure to tell Pugsley that. It'll give him a complex."

After we leave the two Addams boys, in the shed. We walk a few feet away.
"Are you okay?" I ask, softly and cautiously. Carefully so I don't accidentally cross a line.

"Of course." She tells me, stopping in her steps. "Alright," I sigh.
"I am always here if you need anything." I assure. She nods her head, "I know."

"We should report this to Weems and Thornhill." I suggest. Wednesday agrees, this wasn't a random robbery. But they should still know what took place, to prevent this from happening again.

"I assume this wasn't just some random prank?" Weems says, pacing back and forth in her office.
"Whoever ransacked my room also stole Nathaniel Faulkner's diary." Wednesday says, crossing her arms over her chest.
"That's supposed to be safely locked in the Nightshades Library." Weems states, stopping in her tracks.

"So you do know about that diary," I said, looking to Wednesday as she adds, "which means you also know the monster we are after is called a Hyde."

Thornhill let's put a confused hum, looking over at me.
"Thank you, Ms Thornhill. But I'll take this from here." Weems smiles down at the other staff member.
"Of course. If you need anything, I'll be right down the hall." Thornhill says, as she walks out of the room. Softly shutting the heavy doors behind her.

Weems fake smile drops as soon as Thornhill left the room. "Faulkner spent years studying Hyde's." She starts, leaning against the fireplace watching as the flames roared.
"He wanted to determine if they were just mindless killers or conscious of their actions."
"What was his conclusion?" Wednesday questions.

Weems jaw clenched, "He was killed by a hyde before he could reach one. Others tried to carry on his research, but the Hyde's were too unpredictable and violent. They were officially banned from Nevermore 30 years ago."

Just a few years after Tylers mother had graduated. If I am correct, he could be the monster. I just don't have enough evidence to prove it.

"All this time, you've known the monster was a Hyde. Why didn't you tell the sheriff?" Wednesday questions.
Weems takes forceful steps toward us, "Because then, Nevermore is done. Over. Shut down for good. And that is not happening on my watch." She sneers, "But I am not the only one withholding. If either of you suspect someone, you need to tell me."

"Why?" I ask, "All you've ever done is gaslight and obstruct us."

"You don't care how many people die, as long as your reputation is safe." Wednesday claims.
"I am protecting our Nevermore family, which includes you, Ms Addams. And more importantly to you, it includes Y/N." Weems tells, lowering her voice.

Wednesday huffs, "let's go."
I follow behind her as she storms out of the office, her hands glued to her sides.

At the top of the stairs, we say our good nights. "You are going to be alright alone?" I ask.

"Why wouldn't I?" Wednesday replies.

"Your dorm was ransacked and Thing was almost murdered."
"I don't see what that has to do with you." She deadpans, locking her eyes into mine. "I know that if somebody were to attack us, I would be the one protecting us."

Wednesday was right. Despite her tiny package, she was very strong. The thought alone curls my stomach into knots.

But- if my dorm had been broken into, and Thing had nearly been murdered in my dorm. I would not want to go to sleep alone.
I chose to ignore my own personal feelings, and ghosted my hand down her arm.

"Okay, I will see you in the morning?" I asked. Wednesday nods, before I turn and begin heading for my own dorm.

When I don't hear her footsteps walking away I look back, seeing her still standing in the center of the empty hall. Her lifeless eyes fell to the carpet when she saw me turn.

"Are you alright?" I asked, with a small laugh.

Wednesday sighed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I was just watching. Making sure you got to your dorm safely."

"you wanna walk with me?" I offered, tilting my head back toward the form. Without a verbal response, Wednesday walks with me. standing at my side, silently until we reached my dorm.

"Thank you for walking me." I said, offering her a smile. "it's a thirty second walk." Wednesday flatly replied.

"It's thirty seconds you could have spent writing." I pointed out, raising my eyebrows.

"I suppose you're correct, I could have." She replied, tucking her hands into the pockets of her black cargos.

"I'm sure I have some black pajama pants and a shirt you could borrow if you wanted to spend the night with me, tonight." I offered.

Wednesday looked down the hall toward her dorm, then back to me. I could tell she was thinking by the way her jaw tightened, before stepping into my dorm shutting the door behind us.

A/N:
early chapter cuz i'm busy tomorrow <3

ALSOOOOOOO
how would you feel about a Kate Bishop fic for the holidays? Yes or No?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 1.8K 15
"Out of the billions of people in this world, I'm being married to a werewolf?" Wednesday threw daggers at her parents, physically and staringly. "Ye...
139K 3.6K 23
"you don't understand Wednesday!" "i think i understand well enough, Enid." a new semester has dawned at Nevermore. the aftermath of the last semes...
498K 12.8K 42
What if Hecate Addams, a girl that was twinned with Wednesday at birth but was seemingly the total opposite of the dark, gothic girl, got forced into...
54K 2.4K 37
𓏲 ࣪₊♡𓂃. 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛; meet winona addams, the polar opposite twin sister of wednesday addams, who finds herself reluctantly dragged to nevermor...