The Unorthodox Life of Aaliya...

By KlnCee

Aaliyah Marx is not a normal seventeen year old girl - she suffers the normal problems: Boys, money, school... More

The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (2)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (3)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (4)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (5)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (6)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (7)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (8)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (9)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (10)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (11)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (12)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (14)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (15)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (16)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (17)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (18)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (19)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (20)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (21)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (22)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (23)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (24)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (25)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (26)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (27)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (28)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (29)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (30)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (31)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (32)
The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (33)

The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (13)

33.3K 399 30
By KlnCee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat there for I don't know how long - staring out at the sea. The wind ruffling my fur. The sharp, salty smell stung my nose, all of my senses had amplified so much - it was like I was living in a whole new world.

I could hear, see and smell everything with exact precision. I hadn't noticed anything wrong with my vision, hearing or smell before - they actually far exceeded most peoples, but now that I had wolf senses I realised I had been missing out on a lot.

And that's what alerted me to another wolf coming up fast behind me, my new senses. I would never be taken by surprise again. I whirled around and crouched down low, growling. I couldn't keep the growl coming from my mouth though I was already pretty sure I knew who it was.

The black wolf stopped a few feet away from me, eyeing me up suspiciously. He smelled sweet. Like a mixture between candyfloss and fresh cut grass. And of course that animal edge. The same that ... Kaden had had.

'Wow Ali - you're huge! And you're only a female ... I don't think I've ever seen a femme wolf this big ...'

'You calling me fat?!' I retorted and then realised I wasn't using my mouth to speak. How could I? I was a wolf - we didn't speak?

'How am I talking to you?' I asked incredulously, Jay stepped forward, walking to the end of the dock and plonking himself on his hunkers beside me.

'Mind link - we're in the same pack. I didn't want to join Kaden's pack until you shifted ... Or not. I wanted to give you the option you see ...' He sighed.

'That's sweet of you Jay. I'm glad you didn't join Kaden's pack. Team BARX! Oh yeah!' I chuckled.

'Barks?' He laughed back.

'Yeah, B - A - R - X! Barx. Banks and Marx, Jay, it makes sense.' I said in a duh tone, doing the equivalent of a wolf rolling it's eyes, I'm not sure what I looked like but it must have been weird because Jay barked out a strange laugh. I suppose you could call it a laugh.

'You're too weird Ali.'

'That's why you love me.'

'You can head back to the party now you know - just try not lose your temper in front of the humans.'

'How do I tell who's a human or not?' I immediately started freaking out. What if I thought someone was a wolf, and I started talking to them about wolves - and they were human! Or ... what if I lost my temper? I am very temperamental, I could easily lose it in front of a human!

'Calm down Ali - tell me, what do I smell like?'

'Freshly cut grass. And candyfloss.' I answered without thinking.

'And? What else?'

'I don't know ... there's something ... but I don't know how to describe it ...'

'Well that's how you tell who's human or not ... Every wolf has that smell ... varying in strength depending on how in touch that person is with their wolf. The most vicious packs ... for example - the Blue Moon pack, would STINK of that. They're more animal than human.' Jay explained quietly. 'You're the only wolf I've ever known not to have that scent at all, I can smell it now, obviously, because you're standing as a wolf in front of me ... I'll tell you if I can smell it when you're human - change back.'

'Okay ...' I said, taking a deep calming breath. 'And how do I change back?'

He sniggered and I snapped my teeth at him, he rolled his eyes.

'Easy, you focus on pulling yourself back together. I find it easier if I concentrate on what I look like as a human. Breath out and as you breath in deeply, just ... pull yourself in. Pull your wolf back inside of you - back into your mind, back into your soul.'

'That doesn't really help.'

'Just try it - I can't explain it much better - at least you have me, when I first shifted I had no idea how to change back for hours. You know that time Mom went spa when I went out and didn't come back home until six o clock the next evening?' He grinned, chuckling easily at the memory.

'We thought you'd gotten drunk and passed out in a ditch somewhere.'

He rolled his eyes. 'Come on - I want to go get loaded, you know that none of us drank ... that much - just incase something happened.'

'Wow thanks, I feel so privileged.' I muttered dryly.

I breathed out and on the breath in I focused on what I looked like human and relinquished my wolf's hold on me, letting her find shelter within me. She whimpered, sadly and seconds later I was howling in pain as my bones readjusted themselves and my fur and claws retracted into my body.

I sat up, panting heavily, and noticed Jay still sitting in wolf form, looking pointedly away from me, out to sea. I shivered and looked down, realising I was naked and had no spare clothes.

"Ugh, JAY! Did you remember to bring clothes for me?!" I moaned, sitting up. He shook his head, still looking away.

I grumbled and began to get up, then froze. I could hear someone fast approaching. Even my human senses had sharpened after my first shift. They weren't quite as strong as when I was a wolf, but they had been well improved and my night vision was completely clear.

I didn't turn around to see who it was, I already knew. I could feel that strange pull towards him that I had felt earlier - and I could smell his arousing freshness. Rain and sunlight, something sweeter too - like watermelon.

He cleared his throat uncomfortably and I blushed, keeping my back resolutely towards him, I felt warm fur brush against my back and realised Jay had moved to cover me.

I looked over my shoulder at Kaden, who stood there looking awkward.

"I didn't think to bring clothes for you Ali ..." He said softly, chucking a pair of jeans towards Jay, who snapped them up in his mouth. I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily.

Before I even had the chance to shift back into my wolf, Kaden was pulling off his shirt - giving me an amazing view of his toned body. I was near drooling at the sight of him. Mixed with the scent he was giving off I became totally aroused. He noticed and smirked. That smirk did something to my insides - making them flutter uncontrollably.

Why was I feeling this?! Aaliyah Marx doesn't drool over guys, no matter how hot, or well-toned ... He just looked so delicious, standing there in all his glory. Well, almost all ... if only he would remove those jeans.

I literally slapped myself and Jay coughed out a bark, Kaden laughed out loud and I blushed, rubbing my stinging cheek. Note to self - do not slap self. EVER again. Kaden tossed me the shirt and I pulled it on, it barely brushed my mid-thigh and I sighed, it BARELY covered the essentials but it would have to do.

Shifting was painful and I didn't want to have to do it anymore than necessary. I knew I would get used to it after a while but right now, I had had enough for one night.

The shirt smelled of him and I felt something stir within me, in my mind, in my very soul. She purred softly and I stiffened. Maybe this was part of the pack mind reading thing?

I sighed and turned around, pushing Jay away from me. He growled and looked up tentatively, to check if I was decent. He started to blur and I turned around and started walking back to our house, giving him the same privacy he had given me.

It was extremely hard to walk past Kaden without reaching out to brush my fingertips against that delicious body of his. What is happening to me?! I noticed he stiffened as I walked by, and sniffed the air.

"Hey - if we all have a smell - then what do I smell like?" I asked, turning around, not directing the question towards anyone in particular. Kaden answered.

"Sweet. And fresh. Like fresh air, Rain and sunlight, a really natural smell." He said quietly, sending me a genuine smile. My heart fluttered. At least he had started to forgive me for earlier ...

"Yeah and totally human - the wolf smell is completely gone." Jay added, keeping his promise of telling me if the scent was still on me in human form.

I pondered that thought for a second, then realised I really didn't care. I turned around and started jogging my way home. Kaden and Jay bringing up the rear. I held so much energy now that I had shifted.

"I want a rematch you know Kaden - now that it's even and I can actually stand a chance at beating a werewolf's ass." I threatened him and he didn't reply so I threw a glance over my shoulder. He was staring fixatedly at my ass.

"Kaden!" I snapped, snatching him from his fantasising, I was furious on the outside, but inside, my heart soared at the thought of him checking me out.

"Um ... Got distracted - what were you saying?" He said, flustered, not looking me in the eye as we jogged, Jay snorted with laughter and pulled ahead of us, sprinting. I continued with my light jog.

"I said I want a rematch of our fight seeing as now I stand a chance at beating you." I smirked and he looked up, his eyes widening.

He growled. "I'm not fighting a girl." WRONG thing to say, I skidded to a halt in the middle of the road.

"Why not?" I snapped, my temper rearing it's ugly head. I noticed I was quicker to anger now. My short fuse had somehow grown impossibly shorter.

He noticed this too and immediately sought to calm me. Funny - you think he would've provoked me like he normally does.

"I'm not fighting you again - I feel terrible about last time." He corrected himself.

"You got in a lucky shot, and besides - I'll be able to handle a lot more now - you won't have to hold back and neither will I." I growled.

"Whatever, I'm not fighting you."

"I'll make you."

"Oh yeah - and how will you do that?" He snorted and started walking again. I followed him, quickening my pace.

"If I remember correctly, you've got a temper just as bad as mine, if not worse. I don't think it'll be hard to provoke you - oh almighty Alpha." I smirked and he growled, not answering.

By this stage we had arrived at my house, and although it was well after one in the morning - the party was still in full swing. I ran straight around to the back, the pool had a few brave people splashing around in it, I ran over to my trellis, Kaden following close behind me.

"Go get a drink for yourself." I told him, unable to keep the smile from my face as he stood there without his shirt on. I could see a lot of girls checking him out and throwing me looks of envy. It made me happy and somehow unbelievably jealous at the same time.

"I've got to get a shirt and I would rather not risk going through the house like this," He gestured to his topless self. "It's bad enough out here, where there are only a few girls eye-raping me. Imagine what inside would be like?" He smirked and I scowled.

"Can your head GET any bigger?" I snorted, grabbing onto the trellis and hoisting myself up, I continued to scale the wall and heard a low groan behind me. Kaden was looking straight up at me, his eyes wide and lust-filled ...

Crap! NOTE to SELF: STOP climbing stuff without underwear on! I scrambled up the last bit of the trellis and hoisted myself over the marble banister, throwing one leg over. Kaden groaned again and I couldn't stop the blush from coming to my face. I hurriedly threw my other leg over and ran to my sliding door - throwing it open and running to my closet.

I heard him close the door behind us, locking out the sounds of the drunken people splashing around in my pool outside.

I grabbed a bikini. A white one - not my choice. I NEVER wear white but Mom had bought this one for me. I threw it on and pulled off Kaden's shirt, about to pull on the top when he spoke.

"Wow, if I thought you were sexy with my top on, it's nothing compared to now ..." He said, his eyes lingering on my naked torso. I blushed furiously and turned around.

"GET OUT of my CLOSET while I'm getting changed!" I yelled, it came out strangled and he chuckled, pushing off the door jamb with his shoulder and walking back out into my room.

I pulled on the top of the bikini in peace and threw a long purple t-shirt over that before walking out into my dark room.

He was lying on my bed and looked up immediately when I walked out, his eyes scanned my figure and I blushed again. SERIOUSLY, there has to be something wrong with me?! I NEVER blush ... NEVER for a guy ... And here I was tonight and I couldn't STOP blushing. At KADEN none the less, the prick who 'only wanted in my pants'.

"I tried your door - it's locked, looks like we're going back down the trellis unless you have another key in here." He said softly, his eyes never leaving my face. I struggled with another blush, his mysterious grey eyes staring into mine.

"No problem - I'm not going out for a swim just now - plus those rose bushes are kind of sore, I've fallen into them enough today." I muttered, twirling my hair around my fingers.

I walked over to my bedroom door. "I already told you it's lock-" I cut him off by raising my leg and aiming a kick at the lock. The key to breaking open a door is to kick at the lock, anywhere else and it's much harder to do.

The door burst open, flung from its hinges and lay flat on the hallway floor. I really had to get used to the extra strength. I rubbed the back of my neck thoughtfully as I stepped over the broken door and out into the hall where a guy and a girl looked at me as if I was crazy. I could tell they were Were's. They smelled of that animal scent, that vicious edge. They had clearly been making out and were shocked out of it by my door-breaking abilities.

"Ehm ... No sex in my room. I'll fix the door tomorrow - and if anyone does - I'll get their scent, and they will be forced to clean my entire room. Believe me you do NOT want that job." I shuddered at the thought of cleaning my room.

"You're a Were?!" The girl squeaked.

"No - I'm human and I just kicked a door off it's hin- Oh wait, I WAS able to do that when I was human ..." I said with a thoughtful look. I heard Kaden chuckle behind me and I stepped out of the doorway and walked down the hall, comforted by his footsteps which I heard traipsing behind me.

I flitted down to the kitchen, past all the wasted people, either making-out, PASSED-out or dancing in my hallway and living room. I spotted a half bottle of tequila and vodka laying on the kitchen counter and rushed over to grab them, just as I reached out to grab them, another hand snatched out in front of me - picking up the tequila.

I looked up, shocked, to see who was trying to steal my drink. I recognized the guy from school. He sat at Jay's table - one of the emo hater's who would never talk to me. He sneered at me.

"Oops, you're a bit late emo. Better luck next time." He laughed, raising the bottle to his lips, I clenched my fist and before the bottle could touch his lips I drew out and punched him, but my fist met empty air.

I looked around to see Kaden with his fist raised, the tequila bottle in his other hand. I raised an eyebrow and he shrugged, handing me the bottle.

"He called you emo."

"OR ... you just want me drunk so you can 'get in my pants'." I said, quoting him from earlier, he rolled his eyes and I saw remorse there. I took a swig from my old friend Pedro and choked as the hot liquid rushed down my throat, scalding me.

I spluttered and stared down at the offending bottle. Had somebody spiked it? Maybe I should have let obnoxious jock number one drink it ...

Kaden laughed at my incredulous expression. "It takes a while to get used to. Smell, sight and hearing aren't the only senses that improve with the first shift." He smirked.

"Aggh, Pedro you've betrayed me!" I shouted at the bottle, earning myself some crazy looks from anyone else left in the room.

Kaden laughed, rolling his eyes and picked up the vodka from the counter, where I had left it down.

"Ah, ah, AH!" I shouted, snatching the bottle from his hand. He frowned. "Mine!" I said, pouring the bottle of vodka, sloppily into the tequila bottle, it just about reached the top when I was finished and I took a swig. It made my eyes water and scorched me again but I downed half the bottle in a few gulps.

Kaden rolled his eyes and picked up an abandoned bottle of whiskey and a wine cooler. I laughed at his 'womanly' drinks before gulping down the rest of mine. Where was the dizziness? The rush to my head?

"Why aren't I drunk?" I asked, my tone completely slur-free.

He shrugged. "You thought you had a high-tolerance for alcohol before? Well a wolf's is about six times what you had before - and I must say, you were a pretty impressive drinker for a human." He smirked, draining the bottle of whiskey without even flinching, he moved onto the wine cooler and I couldn't help it as my eyes sought out his lips, wrapped around the top of that lucky little bottle ... That I so dearly wished was my tongue ...

I blinked hard and grabbed a six pack, knocking back six cans easily in about four minutes. I blinked and growled frustratedly. NOTHING was happening to me. Kaden laughed at my frustration.

"Who wants to play SHOTS?!" I yelled out loud, I heard a cheer from the hallway and an already wasted Emmet and friends stumbled in. Danny was somewhere among that group - as was Jay.

I pulled some bottles of vodka from their storage place in the top cupboard. Thank god I had put these away. There were twelve bottles in all and I lined them up on the counter. I pulled some shot glasses out of the cabinet to my right and put one in front of each guy playing. 

Danny, Jay, Kaden, Emmet and four other guys. I poured everyone a shot as a crowd gathered, filling my huge kitchen, people stood on chairs to watch the action.

"3, 2, 1!!" I shouted, raising my shot and downing it in one mouthful. One guy who's name I didn't know and was quite clearly already wasted, fell away from the counter after he downed the shot. He was dragged away by a bunch of people and a new guy took his place.

I was on my eighth shot and already the starting five guys - Emmet and his friends - had dropped out, unable to handle anything more. Kaden, Danny, Jay and I remained, along with a few guys who had joined in at various rounds.

I was on shot fifteen before I even began feeling the effects of the alcohol on my system. All the human guys had dropped out, leaving Kaden, Jay and myself. Danny had been drinking since ten o' clock and I'm surprised he managed fifteen shots in his state.

"3, 2, 1!!" I shouted, my words barely hinting at my tipsiness. Jay had been drinking tonight as well. Not quite as much as Danny, but he had had two bottles of vodka as I recall.

He dropped out on shot eighteen and this was getting ridiculous by now. I could hear people chanting my name, telling me to kick Kaden's ass. We were the only two left standing and we faced each other off on either side of the counter. Seven bottles of vodka gone, I picked up the eighth and ninth, handing him one and smiling.

His eyes widened and a loud cheer went around. He placed the bottle on the counter, shaking his head.

"What, scared?" I taunted him, his eyes flashed and he snatched up the bottle again, unscrewing it.

I did likewise. "3, 2, 1, GO!" I heard someone from the crowd shout and I raised the bottle to my lips, downing it's contents. The harsh liquid burnt my throat, but seeing as I was tipsy, the burning feeling wasn't as bad as it had been earlier.

I slammed the empty bottle on the counter seconds after Kaden slammed his down. We smiled up at each other and I really felt the alcohol starting to work it's magic. My vision blurred for a second and my head started spinning ... But I was only beginning to get drunk ...

Kaden and I downing the second bottle probably wasn't a good idea ... I forgot vodka takes a good twenty minutes to start working ...

The noises in the room faded in and out along with my waning consciousness. I staggered slightly and held onto the counter for support, I watched as Kaden gripped the marble counter top and dragged himself over to me.

I heard somebody shout behind me - 'next shot wins it all!' I picked up the next bottle and offered it to Kaden, who shook his head, his eyes closing as he sank down on the floor beside me, I shrugged and began unscrewing the cap, or the four caps in front of me ... and four bottles? I was further gone than I thought.

I finally got the top off and raised the shaking bottle to my lips, it spilled over, my hand shaking terribly as if I had hypothermia or something. The warm liquid hit my throat and I managed to guzzle down one more shot before blackness entirely invaded my consciousness.

 *****

I groaned and my eyes flickered open. I was met with complete darkness. What the ... ? I never wake up this early after a party? I always wake with the sun on my face ... I frowned, my breathing coming in short gasps, like I was short of air ... it was so stuffy in my room! I sat up and let out a groan of pain when my head hit something solid.

I started to panic. Where was I? How did I get here?! My hands stretched out in front of me, sliding along the smooth wooden surface of ... a door? My legs were folded up beneath me (I don't know how I fell asleep like this) on something soft and fluffy, that felt like a blanket or towel, and my right arm was behind me, leaving only my left arm free. And my left arm was weak.

I shoved at the wood - hoping it would give way but it didn't budge. Instead I felt it splinter beneath my knuckles, but there was nothing behind the wood, just concrete. I gasped, my air supply leaving me - where the HELL was I?! Oh god, I'm going to die in here! I felt the sticky blood dripping in between my fingers, stinging, while tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

"HELP!" I screamed out loud, slamming my fist on the wood again. Suddenly, air was rushing past me, I could see light and I could breath again as I landed roughly in someone's arms. Electric tingles ran up and down my arms from his touch, causing me to gasp aloud - I looked up into those familiar dark grey eyes and breathed in that exotic scent.

Kaden.

I dragged my eyes away from him and looked up to my former place of imprisonment, my eyes widening and Kaden started to laugh, sending vibrations through my chest, I let my eyes droop in pleasure for a second, before 'MENTALLY' slapping myself out of it this time.

How in the HELL did I fall asleep on the top shelf of the hall closet?! I had been banging against the wood panelling at the back of the closet. I gulped as I stared at the large hole I had made, right through to the concrete wall behind it. The soft fluffy thing beneath me HAD been a blanket.

"What?? How did I get up there?" I groaned, sliding from Kaden's arms, he seemed reluctant to let me go. I knew exactly how he felt. 

"God only knows - at least you didn't wake up in the toy box in Ty's room with a clown staring back at you." He grumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. I laughed out loud and he glared at me, then looked pointedly at the closet, shutting me up.

"GOT IT ON FILM!" I heard someone cry and I jumped, looking to my right where Jay stood in the kitchen doorway with his phone, recording us. Why hadn't I smelled or heard him? I must be so wrapped up in Kaden's scent that I had completely missed him. It seemed the same for Kaden, he jumped too.

"Damn it Jay! First you record me getting out of the toy box and then Ali in the closet - you set us up last night!" Kaden shouted, I could hear the amusement in his tone though.

"This is SO going on Facebook." Jay chuckled, slipping his phone into the back pocket of his jeans. He turned around, letting sunlight from the kitchen stream down the dark hall. I shielded my eyes gasping as the bright light hit my sensitive eyes.

"Shit I got so wasted last night ... Don't remember a thing ..." I grunted, keeping my eyes shielded as I walked into the kitchen where Jay had sat down to a bowl of cheerios.

The place was a mess. Cans and bottles littered the floor - along with various discarded items of clothing, I could only imagine what the backyard and living room looked like.

"You're not the only one." Kaden grumbled, shielding his eyes with one long, toned arm.

"Ugh, how much did I drink?" I groaned, resting my face in my hands. Jay chuckled.

"About ... ten bottles of vodka and two of tequila - plus whatever else you got throughout the night - you're lucky I told everyone to bring drink as your present." He chuckled again and continued eating.

"Kaden you had about the same - except for one shot less of vodka - Ali won the shots game." Jay smirked and I pumped my fist in the air in victory.

"Hell TO the YEAH!! Girl POWER!" I shouted, then winced slightly at the loud noise.

"Aggh, who's screaming?"

"Yeah, I've got a pounding headache and it's way too early."

I turned around to find Danny and Jessica walking into the kitchen, Jessica looked a mess - her hair was everywhere and her make up was smeared all over her face. I probably looked no better. And Danny ... well what can I say about Danny? He looked exactly like Kaden ... A bit worse for wear but still the sexiest thing alive ... 

I dragged my gaze away from his bedraggled appearance and smirking lips and laid my head down on the table, closing my eyes.

"Jay? You know how you haven't gotten me a birthday present? ..." I trailed off, my voice laced with innocence.

He groaned. "Aaliyah, you steal money from me all the time, you locked me in your bathroom so you could go ransack my room and steal my money!" He complained.

"HEY! I didn't ransack your room okay? Well ... I was wondering ... if maybe ... you could clean the house ... as my present?" I looked up, opened my eyes and smiled brightly at him.

He shook his head and sighed. "Fine. But Ali - YOU remember how YOU didn't get me a present?"

"Actually I did."

"A thong that you bought with my money doesn't count."

"It does in my book."

"I wrote that book and I'm pretty sure it doesn't SO ... You're babysitting Ty, today and tomorrow night."

"WHAT, but tomorrow is SATURDAY night!" I groaned.

"So? It's not like you have plans?" Jay snickered and I frowned.

"Shows how much YOU know ... I happen to be ... going on a date! With ... Johnny?" It came out more as a question and Jessica laughed, knowing straight away that I was lying. Danny and Kaden simply growled, identical looks of jealousy on both of their faces.

Jay snorted. "Johnny who?"

"Ehm ... Spoon?" What? So my brain doesn't function after a night of serious drinking.

"Johnny Spoon?" Jay laughed, pounding his fist on the table. Both of the twins' faces relaxed. Strange ...

"Ali you're such a retard!" Jessica snorted. I shot her a glare and rubbed my eyes. I stopped when I realised my fingers weren't snagging any of my piercings like they usually did.

I picked up the spoon on the table and glanced into it.

"Where the fuck did all my piercings go?" I grumbled, shocked. "JAY, how many times do I have to tell you?! I do NOT want to change! These are probably all closed up!"

"You took them out yourself ALI - you and Jessica were up to something evil last night - you were like twins." He said, rolling his eyes. I watched Kaden tense up beside me and I glanced up at his impassive face, his grey eyes were stony, and full of pain.

That brought a memory back to me from last night, and suddenly I remembered all of what I had done, and what he had said.

"Crap ..." I groaned ... letting my head fall into my hands. "Jessica you didn't did you?"

"Do what?" Her face was politely confused but I knew better than that. I stood up and grabbed her arm, dragging her out the back door and into the garden which was littered with cans and bottles. The pool was full of cans and clothes.

"You slept with Kaden! I told you not to! What were you thinking?!"

"I wasn't thinking! You can't tell me what to do Ali!" She said angrily, pulling my hand from the top of her arm and glaring at me.

"Do you have any idea how much you hurt him?"

"Oh NO! Do NOT blame all this on me! This was all YOUR idea in the first place! I was drunk-"

"So was I!" I interrupted, Kaden's saddened eyes were on the forefront of my mind - I knew I shouldn't be blaming all this on Jess but I couldn't help it.

"You weren't THAT bad! You can HANDLE your alcohol! I never drank before Jay's party! That was my first time!" She growled, her eyes flashed briefly red and I felt threatened by that action, something deep within me growled, not out loud - just in my head, and I felt threatened. I hated that feeling and I felt my own eyes flash.

She growled at me - glancing at my eyes.

"Don't you get angry at ME!" She snarled and something within in me growled again. Whatever was inside me didn't like being told what to do. It was making me irrational.

I battled with the second consciousness, pushing it down in me.

"I'm sorry Jess ... We're both to blame here." I whispered.

"You're right." She softened, leaning in to hug me.

"Look on the bright side!" I smiled and winked at her. "You're not a virgin anymore, and you lost it to a hot rockstar - what more could a girl ask for?"

She blushed a deep red and I chuckled. "For that hot rockstar to not want it to be a one night stand ..." She whispered, glancing towards the back door. I felt a swell of jealousy and possessiveness rise within me. Not coming immediately from me, but from the girl - the thing inside me.

"Jess ..." I began awkwardly. "Is there - um ... Do you have, a voice in you?" I asked quietly, deeply embarrassed, it HAD to be something caused by the shift. I've never had an 'inner voice' before.

"You mean my wolf?"

"Uh - your wolf?"

"Yeah, every werewolf has the spirit of a wolf inside them, one that they were born with. It's sort of like a split personality within yourself, and when you shift - that's your wolf's true form, what the voice in your head looks like. Of course, the human side has more control ... Unless you relinquish the hold you have over your wolf, and that's when a Were turns vicious. Like the Blue Moon pack - they smell more wolf than human because they have let their wolf overshadow their humanity. And someone who has completely lost control of their humanity to their wolf is known as a rogue - that rarely happens though, you have got to have one seriously twisted soul to let that happen to yourself."

"WHAT?! And why did no one bother to inform me of this before I shifted?!" I shouted, enraged. Being a werewolf was dangerous, I thought we lived at one with each other. Or something along those lines??

"You would have just hated us. Like I said, it doesn't happen to everyone. I mean, the wolves inside of the Blue Moon pack - they're evil. When I said that every Were has the spirit of a wolf inside them - what I meant is that ... The Spirit is passed down, from generations of your family. Ask your brother about the Legend if you want. What I'm trying to say is that, the wolf Spirit inside you is what marks you as a rogue or how in touch with your wolf that you are."

"So this stuff is a lot more complicated than anyone lets on?"

"Yeah ... Try not to think about it, you'll just worry yourself. It's not like it makes much of a difference, you're either born in control of your wolf spirit or you're not. Sorry to scare you there if you thought you would change into some merciless beast at any second." She grinned at me and grabbed my hand, pulling me back inside.

"Never scare me like that again Jess." I warned her with a stern gaze. She rolled her eyes. The kitchen was empty when we got inside. Jay and the twins no where to be seen, but I could vaguely trace Kaden's scent to upstairs, where I could hear Jay and Danny laughing uncontrollably.

Jess and I sneaked upstairs, following the noise of the commotion. Jay was doubled over, outside the door to my room and Danny held himself propped up against the wall, in a fit of laughter. Kaden merely stood there, an amused look playing across his handsome features. I had to drag my eyes away from his smooth lips and looked towards my door which I vaguely remember kicking open last night when I got home.

"I'll fix it Jay - god it's not THAT funny-" I said, walking over to the door and halting in my tracks. I sniffed cautiously and growled.

My bed was in a disarray, the sheets crumpled up and the quilt thrown on the ground. A purple thong lay discarded across my pillow. I sniffed the air again, the smell of sex assaulting my senses, I gagged.

"I FUCKING said no SEX in my ROOM!" I screamed, dashing in and over to the bed, plucking the thong from my pillow and flicking it at Danny who let out a girly scream when it hit his shocked face.

I sniffed the bed carefully, under the smell of sex I detected a human scent ... and a Were scent. Both were vaguely familiar ... I scanned my memory, wracking my brains and that's when it came to me ... Eoin ... The guy who had tried to persuade me I was in love with him ... And a girl? I sniffed again ... She was human and definitely in one of my classes?

"That bastard is going to pay!" I growled. Jay collapsed in another fit of laughter. Kaden and Danny joining in while Jessica struggled to keep the amused look from her face.

"I don't see what YOU'RE laughing at Jay - Kaden fucked Jessica on YOUR bed!" Okay ... So I guess I shouldn't have said that seeing as Kaden and Jessica were both in the vicinity, but he was pissing me off. Jess shot me a glare and looked down at her toes. Jay stopped laughing and looked up at me, then to Kaden and finally at Jessica who had turned a deep crimson.

"Wow Kaden man ... NOT cool! My little sister's best friend on MY bed?!" Jay growled, running to his bedroom. Danny found this hilarious and kept on laughing until I gave him a quick jab in the kidneys. He groaned and dropped like a sack of rocks.

I smirked and looked up at Kaden who was glaring daggers in my direction. I glared straight back. How dare he glare at me!?

He lifted his lip, bearing one sharp canine tooth and growled at me.

"That was totally uncalled for." He snarled at me. I laughed humourlessly.

"You were laughing because my room was used as a brothel, you were starting to annoy me and I had to shut you up!" I grinned back at him, knowing that I probably looked more maniacal than anything else.

"So?! You set me up last night! You and HER!" He jabbed his finger in Jess's direction, all his pent up rage from last night finally released. "You let me shag her, knowing that I wanted you!"

"You don't always get what you want! And besides, I'm not that easy - you wouldn't have gotten me that quickly!"

"Oh believe me - I could have. It didn't take much persuading to get HER into bed." He snapped, spitting out the word her.

I was about to answer back when I felt a stinging slap across my cheek. I looked up, raising a hand slowly to my cheek and touching the sore skin there. I looked up to see Kaden in an identical position to my own, shock scrawled across his face.

Jessica was standing between us, both hands raised.

"STOP talking about me like I'm some sort of whore! I was DRUNK!" She screeched before bursting into tears and running across the hall into her own room, slamming the door behind her.

I glared up at Kaden.

"NOW look what you've done!" I spat at him.

"I didn't do anything wrong! She was talking to you!"

"OBVIOUSLY she was talking to both of us seeing as you've got an identical slap mark across your face." I gestured to my own stinging cheek.

"Whatever - I still didn't do anything wrong - you set me up!"

"If you could JUST keep it in your pants! But NOOOOO, you had to come in here and shag my best friend!" Something inside me swelled as I spoke these words. I recognized it as jealousy. I was jealous of Jessica.

He opened his mouth to shout back but Danny interjected.

"As amusing as this is - I've got to stop you both right there. Kaden, we should leave." He said firmly. Kaden didn't move for a second, his jaw tightened and I mentally slapped myself for thinking he looked sexy when he did that.

Without a word he turned and stomped down the hall. But before he went downstairs, he looked over his shoulder.

"I will have you Aaliyah Marx, I don't believe your hard to get - and I'll get you soon enough." He smirked, wearing his impassive mask once more, before Danny pushed him down the stairs, shooting me an apologetic look.

My temper flared and I ran into my room, turning to slam my door before realising I no longer HAD a door. I screamed in frustration. That cocky werewolf knew exactly how to push all of my buttons.

He had me turned on, enraged and lusting for him all at the same time. One thing was for sure though, I wouldn't give into him easily. I wasn't easy - and I would have to prove that to him. I would have him yearning for me first - confessing his feelings for me before he would get me to do anything with him.

"Well Kaden - let the games begin." I whispered under my breath.

Continue Reading