High Bridge | BXB

By ICYG4LORE

Kendall and Nehemiah had everything perfect when it comes to how they planned on living the rest of their liv... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One

Chapter Four

653 32 16
By ICYG4LORE

Nehemiah

"You feeling better now?" "Yeah, much better."

I was chilling with one of my closest homegirls Chrishell. Over the course of the past few months, I've found that we've grown closer. She has been going through a lot with her family, so because we relate with one another, we naturally just avoid them with each other.

At first, it was friendly, never did anything more than just chill. But then out of nowhere it turned into Netflix and chilling.

I'm not proud of it at all hence why no one knows about us. I trust her and she trusts me. There were no strings attached and there would never be.

Honestly, I don't know if I could ever fall in love again. I've tried talking to people to give them a chance, but no one has made me feel as strongly as I've felt in the past. After realizing that I gave up. Maybe true love just wasn't meant for me.

"What was wrong with you anyway?" "Nothing, I was just bored."

She often tries to pry and poke to get me to share things with her, but it's not fair because when I pry and poke she doesn't open up to me about her conflicts.

"Okay fine, I didn't want to talk anyway."

I chuckled at her new attitude but continued to watch whatever she had on the tv. All these girls doing is yelling, screaming, and fighting. And then there's one with a long ass chin that keeps pissing me off with her annoying ass voice.

Somehow it's still slightly entertaining.

Since we had plans later that night with our friends we didn't stay in bed too much longer before we decided to start getting ready. I let her shower first so that while I was taking my shower she would have plenty of time to do her hair and makeup.

It took us around an hour for both of us to basically be done getting ready. Chrishell still had a little left of her hair to do, but she should be done by the time everyone met up at my house.

"Crissy you need to hurry up and take your shit to your car. Don't need them questioning why you got ready here instead of at your house." I told her, watching as she put curls in her hair. "It'll be fine. And no one is gonna question anything and even if they did it's not weird for me to get ready here."

"No, it's not weird for girls to get ready at each other houses. Girls getting ready at their guy friends is just like a nigga telling his girl that he got a girl best friend and nothing more is happening." "And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Do the girlfriend ever believe him?"  I waited for her to say 'no', but I heard a 'whatever' and saw her roll her eyes in the mirror that she was sitting in front of.

"I don't know why you even rushing me. You the reason my hair is all fucked up anyway. Wanna be a fucking hair puller. I had to fix my lace cuz you fucked it up." She complained while I smirked.

I don't even be paying attention to what the hell we be doing while were going at it. Every time we fuck we both have one end goal and that goal must be completed by any means necessary.

Not to sound like one of those dudes. I obviously have a deep love for this girl, just not like that. I think we both can agree when I say we're each other's sexual stress reliever.  Sex with each other is strictly just sex. That was the agreement and we stick to it.

Until she finished I decided to chill on my phone to kill the time. I checked my messages to see I had a message from Mama checking in on me since she had to work today.

I told her how I was doing alright and informed her of my plans for tonight. In her response, she made sure to tell us to have fun and to be safe. Most importantly not get into any trouble. We usually don't get into any trouble unless the twins decide to act on impulse and decide to do some reckless shit that Kobe and myself always seem to have to get them out of.

I don't know why they act the way they do. Everyone is pretty much mature except for them. They were the ones always getting in trouble at school and sneaking out of the house to spend time with us even though they were grounded.

They do bring entertainment to the group, but sometimes I wish they would just grow up.

Then there's Kobe.

Kobe's the funny friend who always instigates and who I would consider myself the closest to. He's my brother for real. Alway's there when I need him and has yet to fail me. If there was a female version of Kobe it would be Amber.

Except Amber gets the bitches. Kobe...not so much.

I swear that girl has a new woman on her arm every month and she is always in some drama with them. I don't know how she keeps getting them despite that, but her game is good so I don't hate it.

Tami and Sofia are the mothers of the group. Enough said.

Then Chrishell.

She's the one we would consider the most innocent. All she needs is a halo floating over he head.

Honestly, we all act like siblings. You know different personalities clash sometimes, but we all love each other. They my family for real.

Not to be Vin Diesel or nothing.

About an hour later everyone arrived at my house and we were ready to go. We decided to go bowling since we hadn't been in a while. But someone bowling turned into drunk bowling after a couple of drinks.

Seeing how quickly everyone's soberness was declining Amber and I agreed to be the designated drivers.

At some point, Jamar was so gone he tried sliding down the lane like it was a water slide. This caused the manager of the alley to come over to complain about it. However, instead of listening the twins only made the issue worse by trying to cause a fight with the man.

This is when we decided it was time to go. 

I felt relieved once we made it back to my house all in one piece. Once we all started piling out of the cars to head into the house we were stopped by Kobe pointing at something down the street causing us to look in that direction.

Third Person

"I'm so happy your home honey. I'm upset you didn't bring my grandbaby." Ken's mother spoke to him as they approached his childhood home. "You should visit us in Chicago."

"I would if I wasn't so busy here." "I know."

Kendall bit his nails as he looked out his window at the street he grew up on. Even at night, he could tell that nothing had changed. The grass was still the same shade of green and the homes looked like they hadn't aged in years.

Before he knew it he was pulling into the driveway and retrieving his bags from the trunk. He had a little trouble lifting them out himself since his mother ran off in the house complaining of how bad he had to use the bathroom but promised to help him that she'll be back to help him.

"Kendall."

Ken froze after hearing his name. He knew that voice didn't belong to his mother, but instead a voice he hadn't heard in months.

When he turned around to see all of his friends staring at him, he wished he had the ability to time travel so he wouldn't be arriving home at the same time his friends seemed to be going somewhere together.

"Um, hey guys." Was the only thing he managed to say.

He was nervous and lost for words. He hadn't expected to see them as soon as he landed but instead at least two days into his stay. Yet here they are.

Seeing that no one was moving, Tami was the first to step forward and engulf Kendall in a hug. He felt her squeezing so tight he swear the air left his lungs. Soon the air was even less as more arms wrapped around his body.

Except for Nehemiah.

He didn't want to hug him, yet at the same time he did. He wanted to scream at him but kiss him at the same time. Wanted to question, yet tell him how much he missed him.

Instead, he just watched taking in the fact that he was okay.

When all the hugs were done Kendall thought the questions would come flooding in. Instead, he was met with the offer to hang out with his friends at Nehemiah's for the night since that was where they all planned to be.

That offer didn't come from Nehemiah himself.

"No thank guys. I'm really tired, maybe we can catch up tomorrow or something." Was Kendall's counteroffer to which they agreed. Being satisfied with his answer, the group departed heading back to Nehemiah. However the latter stayed put.

Kendall and Nehemiah stared at one another. Neither expected to be left alone with the other.

"We can stare or we can speak." Kendall spoke.

"I um...I'm sorry about your grandma."

"Thanks." Kendall nodded as he played with the handle on his suitcase. Anything was better than having direct eye contact with Nehemiah right now.

"Ken?"

Kendall knew Nehemiah was asking for more. But he couldn't give that to him. His brain was still processing this interaction.

"I don't know what you expect me to say right now. All of this is a lot for me Miah." "I don't expect you say anything. I just wanna look at you. I miss you."

Nehemiah's words caught both of them by surprise leaving both of them stuck on what to say next causing anything staring contest between the two.

They both stared at one another as they took notice of how much they both have changed since the last time they saw one another.

Nehemiah had grown an inch or two, adding more inches to his already tall figure. He also grew his hair out which he now wore in twists instead of a fade. His face had matured and it was hard to miss the facial hair that was now starting to grow on his chin and upper lip.

Miah took notice of how Kendall's body hadn't changed that much despite the fact that his one thin body seemed to be fuller. It wasn't much weight gain, but just the right amount in Nehemiah's eyes.

They both thought about what to do next.

Old Ken would've jumped in his arms like he always did when he saw Nehemiah. It didn't matter the situation, he was always extra. Now it looked like he feared being around him. Kentrell's face was covered in stress and exhaustion now making Nehemiah wonder what's been happening during the time he's been gone.

Eventually, the silence and the staring got awkward, causing both of them to look at the ground.

"I know it's late and I can see you exhausted, but maybe you still have a little bit of energy left to go grab a bite to eat?" Nehemiah asked.

"Like you said it's late and I'm tired so I really would like to get some rest. I've been up since six this morning."

"We can go through the drive-thru and I'll bring you right back home." "Nehemiah, can we do this another day?"

"You might not even be here another day. Ken, please say yes. Everybody would be shocked that I'm even asking you to go out right now. I just wanna talk, please."

"Miah I can't. It's not that I don't want to talk to you, it's just I'm not ready. A lot needs to be said, more than you can ever imagine and I'm just not ready to have that conversation with you just yet."

"Okay then, I won't push it. Just promise me that you'll talk to me before you leave again, please." "I promise. It's really cold out here and I'm tired, are we done here?"

"Yeah."

Kendall let Nehemiah help him take his bags to the front steps and no further. They awkwardly said bye to one another before Nehemiah crossed the street to go back to his home.

He entered his home to hear the house completely quiet but seen his friends standing around the living room waiting for him. He doesn't know why, but he felt his meltdown happen before he could stop himself.

Immediately he was engulfed in his own bear hug. He let all the pain, sadness, and hurt onto their shoulders and they let him.

He knew he would be embarrassed about this tomorrow. This meltdown was proving that everyone had been right about how he was feeling this whole time.

It was overwhelming for him. Having to stand there and see him after so long was like a fever dream. It didn't feel real, but it very much was and it was all catching up to him.

No one judged Nehemiah as they held him. They knew it would happen sooner or later.

Seeing a relationship as passionate as Nehemiah's and Kendall's was and not be bothered by it or to just 'Let it go' was too good to be true. Everyone has already realized that except for Nehemiah.

Unfourtanely, he wouldn't be able to lie to them or to himself anymore.

——
What do y'all think so far?

Don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 82 34
Camellia has a dark past. It's why she is the way she is. She has walls up for a reason and she has no intention of tearing the down. She loves...
9.5K 215 43
Blythe Juniper is empty. All she knew was pain and not much of a happiness of a since she was born. But when she finally ran away and landed into a g...
23.6K 1.2K 40
Sequel to Choices of L & D... This time around, we're dealing with trades, cheaters, and sex with a little love invading the mix. That mix ain't too...
13.6M 634K 56
After the accident, Noah Archer built a wall around himself. But Riley Dawson is curious about him, and she's determined to meet the man behind his d...