So I've reincarnated as Miell...

By tmazumder05

When an anti-fan transmigrates into the well-known novel 'The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass' she finds he... More

So I've reincarnated as Mielle Rosecent!
So I've Accepted Your Challenge!
So I've decided to Learn Embroidery
So I've Been Watching a Show
So I've Decided to make a Deal
So I've Landed Hands on Some Goods
So I've Finally Met the Second Male Lead
So I've decided to Destroy the hourglass
So I've become Damned
So I've finally met the Villain
So I've Found the Truth (1)
So I've Been Digging the Truth
So I've just gained a New Ability?!

So I've become quite the Loser

231 7 1
By tmazumder05

The next few days were peaceful until a letter arrived at the manor. It was a special letter that was gifted from the Frederick Household. Apparently, Oscar Frederick had presented both Aria and me with presents for treating him well yesterday.

Everybody around me was super hyped about these presents, but I honestly didn't see why they were overreacting. Sure presents were awesome and all, but don't you think it's kind of strange when your supposed fiancé sends presents to your step-sister as well?

If I were really the original Mielle, I would have been a little heartbroken about that; honestly making it more of a reason to be more jealous of Aria. But since I wasn't the real Mielle, it didn't matter as much at all.

"Oh my, Aria must have taken good care of Sir Frederick," Aria's mother recounts happily when she sees all of this happening with her daughter. I also didn't miss the wink she gave to her daughter from behind the fan.

"That's a relief to hear... but this gift... seems to be in return of the handkerchief I gave him." Aria said with a soft smile.

Suddenly murmurs around all the servants in the household started, and they all got very curious about the reason why Aria had gifted Oscar the handkerchief and such. It was such a shocking event, and on top of that, the servants didn't miss the gossip about "Mielle"'s reaction on it all.

To be honest, at this rate, everybody's eyes were on me. On 'Mielle's ' reaction to everything. Even Aria glanced at me from afar when she saw this all. But what was I supposed to do? Become jealous? Tear Aria's head apart? Complain? Whine?

I think I remembered this scene from the novel. I was surprised that the original Mielle didn't react as wildly as I would have. If Oscar Frederick would have been the man I truly loved, I would have certainly ripped Aria's head apart.

Hah.

"...So does Elder sister... like Sir Oscar?" I blurted out loud, sounding exactly as Mielle would have.

Aria froze, but she calmed down to say, "No way! I certainly don't think so... I just happened to help him in the times of need... you understand don't you, Mielle? Oh... unless it makes you angry that... then I'm so sorry Mielle," Tears slowly pooled out of her eyes.

Wow. That to be able to cry a fountain anytime you want.

I wanted to roll my eyes at this point. Is this all Aria could muster? Is this the kind of intelligence that is possible from a mentally twenty-eight-year-old woman, Aria? Aria's mother quickly but in and assisted from behind adding, "I heard that there were letters as well..."

The butler nodded and said, "Yes, in fact, there were two." He pulled out the presented both Aria and me two letters. I pulled mines open.

...What kind of gibberish writing is this? I squinted my eyes as I tried to read through all of the cursive writing through an old ink pen. 

Who the heck even tries to make sense of all of this stupid nonsense that someone wrote in a nice font? Honestly, I have never learned how to read through cursive. But who cares? 

It's not like I'm interested or anything. 

"My, my, Aria. I wonder why Sir Oscar sent you a gift. Will you read the letter out loud?" Aria's mother asked in a chuckling manner to her daughter.

Aria glanced through hers, I couldn't really get a peek of hers because she was hiding it close to her chest. But Aria quickly turned over the subject towards me: "I don't think my letter will be too interesting...Wouldn't it be more enjoyable to hear Mielle's letter instead?"

Aria smiled at me as tried to steal a glance through my letters.

"Gosh, what are you saying?" I asked her from the distance, hugging my letter close to my chest.

Hah? Do you want me to read this gibberish and bullshit font? I don't think I can even make out the first three letters of the first words.

"You are the one who plans on marrying Sir Oscar, so I am curious about a love letter than my boring old letter." Aria asks me.

Uh... uh. I ain't reading this. Should I just make up the contents of the letter on the spot? Ahhh...shit. How do I get out of this?

However seeing that I couldn't speak anymore, Aria burst out a small laughter, as if signaling her win from this tiny little fight we had. "Pfft. Mielle's so serious because of your naughty joke, mother." Aria said when she turned to face her mother. "So it would be quite rude if we read it out right? Although... I'm a little curious about the gift."

Aria looked over all the servants and then pointed at the tall servant behind me: Emma. "You there, open the gift for me."

Emma bit her lips, while looking disdainfully as she reluctantly walked over to the two present boxes. She pulled the one with the blue ribbon, and then inside the box was gifted a beautiful floral pink dress, with a brooch and a hairpin.

It was certainly breathtaking for a present. Aria giggled as she said, "It looks really good."

"Why don't you change into this?" Aria's mother held up the beautiful floral pink gown for everyone to get their sights on.

"I'm running a little late because I have somewhere to go, so I'll just wear the headpiece," Aria said with a smile. "I'll be taking my leave, everybody, although it is a shame that I didn't get to see Mielle's present." With that, Aria left out for town and left the mansion.

...

Wow. What kind of commotion did she make and what kind of commotion had she left the entire Manor in?

As soon after Aria Rosecent had left the manor, the Countess retired immediately calling for her break, while the other servants were busy gossiping about the state of affairs between Aria, Oscar, and me.

How baffling. To act this arrogant because you stole your thirteen-year-old sister's fiancé. That's just kinda petty. She should be happy that I also wasn't ready to steep that low to get dirty with her. Honestly...

As usual, I didn't give a fuck. I wanted to yawn and return to my room. As I was about to turn around and retire as well, Emma asked:

"Does Lady not want to see her present?"

"Ah..." I turned and completely forgot about opening the present. "You know, you can take that present and sell it or give it to someone free for charity." I told Emma bluntly. "Whatever you do, I don't care."

"...My lady..." Emma whispered behind me as I left for my bedroom.

As soon as I got back to my room, I shut the door and fell right back into the bed. I honestly had much more important things to think about. Like the hourglass, and Aria's negligence in noticing the difference of her new hourglass.

Should I get the one I broke, fixed? I sat back up, and opened my wardrobe to look for the broken shards of the old hourglass in a wrapped up handkerchief. Who knows, maybe this magical hourglass could work on me?

I highly doubt it. Even if I turn the hourglass, I won't remember a single thing. That's what happened last time. It only seems like Aria is the only one who can turn back the time for the hourglass.

Hmm...that's why the hourglass is kind of worthless to me.

I looked back at the Blue crystal orb which was laying by my desk without a reason. I picked it up and shook it again, but there was nothing coming out of it. What the heck? How did it glow again?

...Forget it.

I fell back into my bed. If only that Blue Orb was actually useful like Aria's hourglass or something. Or maybe it would give me divination of the past and future like a divination ball? Ah... how great would that be.

"My Lady Mielle, it seems that you have received an important letter." A maid with red-ginger hair with freckles over her face.

I looked up at her. It seems that she was a new servant in this manner that was recently assigned to me. What was her name? Anna? Annie? I think it was Annie. "Open it for me and read it," I ordered the maid.

"Uh... alright my Lady!" The gingerhead said when she nervously peeled over the letter and said, "I think the sender... is from the Frederick house."

"Again?" I spoke my thoughts out loud.

"Uh... it says... 

....Dear Mielle Rosecente, it is a pleasure to have greeted you after five seasons have passed since your birthday celebration. It has been quite a while ever since we had a cup of tea with sweets, so do come over for some treats at the Frederick mansion to catch up to some friendly chatter, won't we?

 I also apologize for my younger brother's frivolous behaviors at the Rosecente mansion... and I disciplined him properly to make sure he won't make such unruly behavior again. Sincerely, Isis... Frederick." The gingerhead stopped reading out loud.

I stood up from my seat and snatched the letter from the maid, and started to reread everything that was said in there.

...Isis Frederick? Was she... the older sister of Oscar Frederick?

"It seems like the letter was from Princess Isis, milady," Annie added.

"I see..." I mumbled as I dismissed her. "Call for Emma immediately, I have pertaining matters to discuss with her."

"Alright." Annie bowed obediently and left to grab Emma, who appeared only a few moments ago as if she was awaiting for my calls.

"My lady, Mielle..." Emma bowed as she came under my presence. "What is it?"

"It seems like I've been invited for some tea with Princess Isis of the Frederick Household." I told her.

"Shall I arrange for some presents and gifts to prepare?" Emma asked.

"...I'm not too sure... Princess Isis," I stopped as I reread the letter. "Sounds like a really scary person. She even wrote: I disciplined my "frivolous behaviors" of my brother to make sure he won't do anything unruly again?" I laughed nervously. "Hahahaha...she sure sounds kind of powerful and someone not to mess with."

What the heck did that mean? I mean, to call the daughter of the Duke, not Lady, but Princess? And to discipline the heir of the household, what kind of scary person was this Isis? Hahaha... makes me not want to go.

"Princess Isis is the representative of the Aristocratic Faction, my lady. She is the pinnacle of power in the entire faction. Not only is she a genius to take over Frederick household matters into her own hands, but also the entire Aristocratic Faction. On top of that, she is engaged to the Crown Prince Asterope."

...AHAHAHA... fuck. I thought she sounded familiar for real. So she was that Isis. The real antagonist, the villain of the entire novel. The mastermind behind Aria's downfall in her previous life. I remembered at least that much even though I didn't really read the novel.

"So, I have to go right?" I asked Emma.

"It's my lady's choice if she wants a successful debut into High-society," Emma added. "Any close associates of Princess Isis are regarded as important members of the Aristocratic faction. Not only will you receive endless support from the Frederick household, but also the entire Aristocratic faction."

More reason not to go and get stuck in this...but... If I didn't go and make allies with someone powerful like Princess Isis, who the hell would help me once Aria gets the power of the hourglass and decides to ruin me for real?

Fuck. Fuck.

"Fine... I'll go. You have to help me write the reply letter, Emma. I don't think I have the courage to lift the ink and respond."

"Yes, indeed my lady." Emma said. "What kind of presents shall we gift Princess Isis?"

I thought about it for a second and then I smiled when I remembered: "How about gifting them an artifact from our collection?" 

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 23.6K 43
"You are not going there and that's the end of our conversation." He yelled while tightening his grip on my wrist. I tried to free my wrist but no av...
42.6K 1.7K 28
Being reborn as Adrianna Deor, the villainess of this novel, could be seen as her greatest fortune, in her life full of misfortunes. After her reinca...
129K 3.2K 27
In my life it was always, "You're the older sister be more mature." or, "Your sister is sick, you have to take care of her!" When it was my graduati...
1.7K 77 10
I had a good life. I had a stable job at a famous cafe, and, met someone who I wanted to live the rest of my life with... But I was run over by a car...