resident evil oneshots ! ☆

By yourlocalcostco

where i write delusional scenarios regarding my favorite resident evil characters... if you like my writing, ... More

requests?
☻☹︎ [l.k.] a reminder.
☻☹︎ [c.o.] nightmare.
[HC]: cuddles. ☻
☻ [nm.] stuck.
☻✴︎ [l.k.] an aphrodisiac.*
[HC]: first meeting. ☻
☻✴︎ [cs.r.] i : professor?
✴︎ [cl.r.] the club.
[HC]: love language. ☻
☹︎ [o.s.] heavenly.
✴︎ [cs.r.] ii : professor?
☹︎☻ [j.v.] first snow.
✴︎✴︎ [c.r.] iv : professor?

☹︎✴︎ [c.r.] iii : professor?

566 7 2
By yourlocalcostco

"chris," mr. nivans acknowledges his colleague with a subtle jerk of his chin the moment he frantically steps foot inside the teachers' lounge. "good morn-"

"yeah, mornin'." the man in question cuts in, absent-mindedly walking right past piers as if he were a mere ghost. he doesn't even spare him a glance, much less his signature grin. no, with his expression oddly troubled, chris just makes a beeline straight towards the coffee machine in the corner of the room, turning his back towards the other man in the process.

the action could be considered rather rude - perhaps even insulting to some - however, it's the way he looks so utterly zoned out whilst doing it that tells the correctional justice professor all he needs to know.

the impoliteness hadn't been intentional at all...

...and that sparks mr. nivans's attention almost immediately.

after all, piers knows chris like the back of his own hand - perhaps even better than that. if the years spent working in the same building, co-existing as colleagues, and later on as friends, have taught him anything, then it's that the menace that's currently standing in the opposite corner of the room - stepping from one foot to another, looking fidgety as fuck - is quite literally his polar opposite.

immensely introverted to a point, he sometimes comes across as cold to certain people: piers nivans is a man who tends to keep to himself. while chris tends to thrive on chaos and mayhem - whether intentionally or not - piers, on the other hand, prefers logic and order. and, whilst we're on the topic of logic, there is none whatsoever when it comes to finding an explanation for how such two different people manage to get along, nor for how exactly the dynamic proceeds to work. it's just how things function around here - how they've always functioned when it comes to them.

still, piers remains pleased about the fact that it works, no matter that it's unexplained and that he oftentimes comes off as aloof when compared to his loud, boisterous opposite. actually, he finds it just fine. but now that the harmony has been disrupted, he finds himself feeling obligated to sort it out. so, he crosses one ankle over the other and asks, "are you all right?"

"i'm fine." the brunette replies with a gesture that resembles a tired wave of his hand; his response is almost automatic. and it's like he blurts it out by default when he adds: "jus' dandy."

piers quirks a brow whilst he watches him mess around with the coffee machine... the thing is brand new and still requires some learning. "you're sure?"

luckily for chris, he keeps his face hidden as he rummages through the cupboard for his mug. "yup." he mumbles, popping the 'p'.

a child.

"well, all right... it's just that you seem to be slightly off, that is all." and that's worry - concern for his friend, hidden underneath a clear statement that nobody had asked for.

the cupboard closes with a soft click. there's a small pause before the burlier friend in question sighs. "i'm just tired, man."

"because?"

"couldn't sleep."

"ah," the other professor mumbles in reply. that certainly could explain his inability to focus.

but on the other hand... he seemed completely fine until stumbling into one of his students. it wouldn't hurt to ask, now would it?

"anyway, i saw you with that l/n girl earlier... out in the hallway."

thump, thump, thump.

fuck, chris's heart starts to hurt immediately at that. he should have known that it wouldn't be that easy when it comes to piers fucking nivans. where the fuck had he been hiding anyway? did he hear anything? see something?

"yeah? ya' did?" the way the mug almost slips out of his hand, at the mention of you, could almost be considered comical. chris's jaw clenches, making the cords in his neck turn stiff and protrude against his tan skin as he grips the handle so hard his knuckles turn white from the sudden pressure.

he swallows audibly, placing the ceramic cup under the machine. the sound of him swallowing his own spit was the only thing that could be heard, besides the brewing noises that followed soon after he pressed the 'start' button.

it's so quiet; just him and the stupid megamind in the room. chris's arrived early for once, after all... none of three staff, nobody feels the need to be here yet. "is that what her last name is, then?"

"yep." is all piers offers, popping the 'p' just like chris had done earlier. he can't quite tell if the action is meant in jest or to belittle him.

"well, uh-" the poor man takes a breather, rubbing the back of his neck with one twitchy palm. "you know me... can't even remember a student's face, much less an entire name. hah! especially a last name like that... 'l/n.' silly last name, don't ya think?"

"is that so?" piers angles his head in almost a nonchalant manner, tuning in on the colleague's sudden babbling and overexplaining. "because it seemed to me like you knew her rather well?"

silence.

and then: beep!

'coffee's done, mr. redfield!'

chris jumps at the sound, looking like he might just jolt right out of his skin. he clears his throat whilst grabbing his mug almost urgently now - as if almost in relief that he gets to do something with his hands, even though the heated mug is probably going to burn the skin right off of his fingers.

"well, i don't." he says finally, eyes insisting on steering clear from the only other person in the room. He sucks in a sharp breath through pursed lips as he sets down the mug onto the counter and shakes his hands to get rid of the heat searing his palms. "don't know her all that well, i-i mean..." jesus, has the room always been this hot?

"really? you're sure?" mr. nivans repeats and blinks at the loud thud that comes from the drawer as his colleague pushes it with way too much fervour right after grabbing the teaspoon.

"yes, piers. i don't know her." fed up, chris mixes the sugar into his coffee with too much force, making a couple of droplets spill over the rim and onto the counter. not bothering to clean up the little mess properly, he just swipes his own hand across it.

but his stiff posture and refusal to say more doesn't stop the corrections professor from prodding further. "well, what did you talk about for so long, then? if you don't know her like you say, of course?"

mr. redfield shrugs. "nothin' much."

yet, mr. nivans continues to push. "try and enlighten me, please."

"christ?" he scoffs slightly, scrubbing a tired hand across his face; two fingers rubbing circles into his left temple as if it hurts just to think. "she just said good morning, alright? damn... what are you breathin' down my neck for, all of a sudden?"

"just 'good morning', huh? that's interesting..." piers doesn't even try to hide the fact that he doesn't believe him. ignoring the question, he seems utterly unconvinced.

"why are you acting so weird about this?"

"why? because you're acting weird."

chris groans at the stare he feels burning into his back, but otherwise remains silent; tossing the spoon into the little dishwasher they had all pitched in for the previous year. for once in his life, he doesn't wish to talk and elaborate any further.

and that makes the other professor hum as he feigns light amusement, even though it's much deeper than that. much more... nerve-nibbling.

seconds pass and nothing but thick silence settles between the two men. not being able to endure it any longer, there's an agitated: "what?", that's voiced from chris right before the exasperated exhale joins in soon after. before piers can even answer, there is yet another, "what is it, dude? spit it out."

"oh, nothing." mr. nivans says, shrugging him off with a wave of his hand. his voice is light as a feather, despite the depth. "it just seemed to me that the girl had a lot more to say to you than you're willing to tell me - other than 'good morning', that is... but i could be wrong, of course!" he had even put the air quotes in, damn fucker.

chocolate hazel eyes dip down to the hot drink of a similar-ish colour. chris blows on the liquid, the rich smell of coffee filling his nose before he takes a small sip. it warms his insides, despite that him already feeling hot all over his body.

great. he can't even relax enough to consume his daily dose of caffeine now.

brows furrowed, he places the mug back onto the counter with a frown. "well, she didn't."

"do you really-"

"for fuck's sake," chris snaps, turning and meeting piers's eyes for the first time ever since stepping into the room. he's clearly riled up, judging by the sudden need to adorn every single sentence with a dirty cuss-word. "i fuckin' told you she said 'good morning' and that's it. besides, even if she didn't, what me and her have is none of your goddamn business."

piers's eyes widen; if he wasn't shocked then, then he definitely would be now. but still, his voice remains placid with that blunt undertone he always possesses in both classroom and hallways alike, as he finally breaks the quiet.

"you must be joking."

"what?" The criminal justice professor is beet red now, the blush still subtle but persistent enough to tinge his cheeks when he turns back to fully look at his colleague.

goddammit. you, and your tight little body. you just had to doll up and look so fucking pretty today, with your uniform extra nice and tidy thigh-high socks - a crisp white and pinching the plush fat. he just couldn't help but steal a glance when you had passed by - act all weird about it like some stupid moron, too - and now piers is getting suspicious. "what?" he repeats.

piers's brows knit together as he uses his pointer finger to pinch pthe bridge of his narrow nose. he wastes no more time with dilly-dallying around the subject anymore, but his voice does turn a smidge quieter in fear of anybody walking in. "she's your student, chris."

chris's expression copies the one his friend wears now. he tilts his head like a dog before crossing his arms across his chest. "i know." all wary, his posture immediately turns defensive; spine ramrod straight. he definitely does not like this piece of knowledge. "i know that she's my student."

turning even more quiet, piers continues. "well, then you should also know that you shouldn't have anything forming between yourself and your student."

"we were just-"

"you were looking..." nivans interrupts. "...at your student. you even turned your head back as she passed. i saw you do it."

the brunette blinks in surprise. "is it illegal to... look at other people now or somethin'?" fuck, he can feel the tingle of the blush on his face as it deepens into a darker colour. there you are: prancing around in that little skirt again right in his mind's eye.

not now...

but piers doesn't miss it, chris can tell by the downward twitch of his lips. "when you're looking at them like that; it sure could be, considering the position you hold."

"wow." chris's jaw clicks in bitter disapproval as he taps his fingers against his bicep and laughs with a huff. "i didn't even-"

"you're red." mr. nivans cuts in again. "your face," he gestures over to him, "it's completely red."

"well, it's hot." that must have been the stupidest excuse he's ever given him, even he knows that.

the corrections professor sighs before he retaliates. "the temperature in the room is the exact same as it was a couple of minutes ago. there's nobody here but us, and as far as i know - neither of us have touched the thermostat."

silence lingers between the two men yet again. it's almost half a minute of tension before chris swiftly spins on his heels, aiming for the door. listening to the sound of footsteps and the soft jingle of keys that sound out immediately after, a prominent scowl forms on his sun-kissed face. of course piers feels the need to follow after him.

"chris, just listen-"

"get off my back, piers." the demand is spoken through gritted teeth; he doesn't even turn around to face him as he spews. "you're fucking insane."

"listen-"

"no."

"stop behaving like a child with your little tantrum, and just listen to me already!" mr. nivans hisses, just above a whisper. "you'll cause a scene with the way you're acting, for crying out loud!"

chris shakes off the hand that piers puts onto his shoulder, like the physical contact burns him. if they weren't in public, he'd break his fingers one after the other - he's positive. "i said, no."

piers's brow furrows. "i could report you for this, you know..."

now that does make chris come to an abrupt halt.

he stops in his tracks, whips around, and takes those couple of footsteps keeping him from mr. nivans like an angry bull; all until he's close enough to be glaring down at the slightly shorter man with daggers in his eyes and hushed anger on his tongue. "what the fuck are you goin' on about?" his voice goes even lower than the other man's, and turns even more dangerous, "there's nothing to report."

"yet." the glare he receives in return for the statement doesn't phase a calm-and-collected man like piers. doesn't even make him flinch, despite that he knows chris's hand is absolutely itching to grab him by the front of his tweed blazer.

and, speaking of chris, he is at a loss for words now. his expression is blanching, skin turning pale, and yet he still somehow manages to croak out: "i thought you were my friend."

there's actual hurt lacing his voice.

"i am." mr. nivans's shoulders slump at the disappointment in his colleague's voice. "this is me looking out for you as your friend, can't you see that?"

"yeah, right..." chris stares at him. something seems to shift somewhere deep within his conscience, because now he scoffs and his eyes turn hard. "'friend', huh? as far as I know, friends don't threaten each other like that, piers."

"i'm serious." piers's lips are a firm, straight line of not judgment, per se, but rather concern. "i don't care what kind of opinion you have about me right now. you're not thinking rationally, and i could report you for it."

"do i ever..?" there's fire inside his eyes now; caramelized sugar that's long since been burned by the dancing flames. "...think rationally?"

there's a pause.

"no."

hesitance.

chris's scowl deepens, it sits on his face like a mask. "so, are you gonna report me, then?"

it's a talent, really - how fast he's able to become sturdy and protect himself just by sheer will and intimidation when the need calls for it. it's like he uses his personality as a shield, instead of the body and strong bones that hold it together. transforming into an entirely different person in a blink of an eye.

the correctional justice professor sighs, eyes unmoving from his friend's burning stare that refuses to budge now. chris's nothing like the flustered mess he had been five minutes ago. still pale, but his eyes look bigger and darker than they normally do.

it's instinct for survival that makes chris's eyes so big, piers knows. they grow even larger as long seconds drift by, each of them lasting an eternity.

mr. nivans has no clue how much time has passed before he finally bows his head. "no. i won't."

and all mr. redfield replies with, is a: "thought so." before he taps piers's chest roughly and walks away.

and that's it.

📝

( notes: sorry for being so inactive! my family got a new puppy a few months ago, and since they're so busy with work to take care of her, i've become her main caretaker... on top of going to school online, i have been so completely exhausted to do anything that has to do with a computer. i also decided, since my FIRST leon kennedy fanfic has been so lengthy, i want to plan it out more thoroughly before publishing it. so, i decided to - sadly - unrelease it. but! i will focus more on this oneshot book since it's a looser commitment and i can freely write what i want to, as well as maybe start something else that is smaller? we'll see ;> hope you enjoy the chapter! )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 1.1K 32
I thought I'd conquered my fears-mastered the darkness that wrapped its claws around my throat all those years ago, but here we are. Shrieks and crie...
259K 8.7K 20
Ashley Graham, The Presidents Daughter. Doesn't matter if she's famous or whatever, to you-- she's your best friend. Ashley convinced you to come vi...
5.5K 168 27
[Resident Evil x Reader] •Book 2• ──❝The Luminous Undead❞── ➤Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness [Finished] ➤Resident Evil: Vendetta [Finished] ...
3.4K 75 7
*TW: This story has depictions of PTSD-like symptoms and alcoholism. Jill has been through a lot and this story details the toll that her experiences...