[HC]: love language. ☻

HEADCANON // ada, carlos, chris, claire, ethan, jill, leon, luis, wesker||any reader||tw: none. capitalization of their name is the main form of love language they aspire to have, their name in lowercase is their secondary form.

PHYSICAL TOUCH

carlos - physical touch is a fundamental aspect of human interaction, releasing oxytocin, which fosters a sense of attraction and intimacy between partners. this hormone is a necessity, a drug, to carlos. he has a strong desire for the feeling of being held by/to hold someone. having grown up in a washed-up neighborhood, caught up doing washed-up things, and having to deal with some washed-up consequences after-the-fact, he never really got to experience much of this type of love growing up. at least, not real love. finally experiencing that sort of love brought him out of the constant reminder of those memories of the experiences from before he met you, like seeing his brothers be killed due to gang-related violence, participating in a street gang to commit robberies by the time he was in primary school, getting imprisoned just to be set free, make friends, and find out those same friends had been taken away from him by some highly-advanced, mutated zombie experiment. he was finally able to escape from that constant spiral and be brought back down to earth, to focus on only you and him.

LEON - for individuals like carlos who prefer physical touch, it provides them with a sense of safety and security. for leon, it helps him feel connected, comforted, and reassured in his relationship. for someone who struggles with verbalizing his feelings, physical touch allows him to express his emotions and affection more readily. like: again, as i shared from an earlier headcanon, leon would feel like he has to constantly have some part of his body touching yours at all times. an image that comes to mind is him, having his legs tangled in with yours whenever you're cuddling, with his fingers brushing through your hair. and he loves when you get all clingy! although, he'd also never admit it... this just helps him bond with his partner on a more deeper level. some people find it easier to communicate their love and care through physical touch rather than words... and leon's one of those people (but, i mean, he is unintentionally good at it anyway - using his words. them regrettably coming more off as jokes than an attempt at a flirt, though).

LUIS - individuals who grew up in affectionate and touch-oriented environments may develop a preference for physical touch as it's familiar and comforting, providing a safe space for vulnerability and empathy. despite never having a parent present in his life growing up, he still had his grandpa who took care of him as one. though touch as a form of love language wasn't an often occurrence seen between two male family members at the time (and still to this day), it was always being fed, as well as 'quality time', to luis. his grandfather was a kind and compassionate man, understanding that his grandson only had himself in his life, so he gifted him the love that he could only wish would replace one of a mother's. knowing the sacrifices his grandfather made for him - and the times spent his grandfather read books for him, cradled in his arms - he wants to one day pass on that sort of love to you... and, perhaps, one day to a child of his own?

💌

QUALITY TIME

ADA - those who value quality time appreciate the focused attention from their partner. it makes them feel cherished and valued. i personally placed ada here because of her reaction in re4 remake, after inviting leon to fly away with her on the helicopter just for him to shut her down... she was disappointed, but quickly brushed it off, knowing the façade she had to uphold as a vigilante. she wanted to spend more time with him, also alluding back to her conversation when she first rekindled with leon earlier in the game... though, don't get it twisted: she does like her space, but on a rare occasion, she will seek out your comfort.