Elara

By 4stridesmore

" They're words. They mean whatever you interpret." Elara Valenti, a seventeen year old girl just trying to g... More

Characters
Tattoos
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 11

862 28 0
By 4stridesmore

What the fuck is happening?

"So the Valenti's little sister?" A boy who seemed to be my age and the little leader of the group said. He had muscles but I was planning how I would take them all down.

"Unfortunately," I said under my breath.

"What a shame she has to be gutted," the man sighed.

"Gutted?" I scoffed. "Go ahead. Try," I said.

One of the side people stepped forward but I grabbed his arm, twisting it behind his back and watched as the knife clanked to the ground.

"Who are you?" I seethed, kicking the guy to the ground.

"We are not important. If you saw who we work for you'd know very well who we are," the main guy said with a dark chuckle.

I sensed a presence behind me and twisted around, punching the person. But that gave one of the side men behind me time to grab my shoulder and yank me back.

It sent a jolting pain through my ribs and body. He spun me around and kneed me in the ribs.

I stumbled back and he shoved me which caused me to fall against the metal bleachers with a loud clang.

I clutched my ribs, going to stand up but the main guy pointed his knife at my throat, willing me to stay down so I wouldn't get impaled in the throat. "Why would those foolish boys leave their precious princess here all alone?" He smirked.

I grunted and tried to get up but was ultimately held down by two men who gripped my arm. "Enough wasting time for us. Say goodbye, little princess," he said before he grabbed the knife and stabbed it into my stomach, giving it a twist.

I winced as my eyes went wide and my breath got caught in my throat. "You bitch," I seethed but they were already quickly walking away as I sat there, clutching onto my bleeding out stomach. My breaths were ragged as I tried to compose myself.

I reached for my phone in my back pocket and pulled it out with shaky hands. I immediately dialed Noah's number. After two rings, he picked up. "Hey E, what's up?" He asked.

"Noah, I need your help. Please," I straighed as even talking hurt where the knife had plunged.

"Woah, woah, woah, what's going on? Where do I need to be?" I heard suffling on the other end of the line as he grabbed his keys and headed out to his car.

"Back of the school. By the bleachers," I said, trying to breathe.

"Okay, I'm on my way. What happened?" Worry laced his voice.

"I was stabbed. They said I would know who they work for very well. I'm pretty sure they know about the mafia shit, too," I said.

"Okay, okay, stay on the line, I'm coming," he said.

I didn't answer as I set my phone down, waiting for him to arrive as my hands had blood all over them.

"Elara?" I heard him ask a few minutes later.

"Y-yeah?" I asked quietky, fighting the urge to black out.

"I'm here. I will be with you in a second," he said before hanging up. Not long after I heard running footsteps and saw Noah come into view.

Once he laid eyes on my current state and my bleeding out, he rushed to my side. "Jesus, Elara! What the hell happened?" He asked, putting my arm over his shoulder and his arm wrapped around my waist. He helped me up and I groaned, keeping pressure on my side.

I grinned lazily at him. Or a grin I could muster. "Oh you know. The usual threats and saying I know the person behind this very well," I said.

"Tell me about it later, let's get to my car," he said.

We quickly- or as quickly as we could - made our way to Noah's car. He helped me in the passenger side of his car gently and then quickly rounded to the drivers side.

I the got a call from my brothers. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket with a groan, keeping pressure on my stomach as Noah sped out of the parking lot.

As soon as I picked up, there was a voice. "Elara? Where are you, bambina?" Lorenzo's voice asked.

"If I tell you this you can not freak out or come looking for me," I said.

"Okay...What's going on?" Lorenzo asked. I could hear whispers and shuffles on the other side of the line letting me know my other brothers were there.

"I was stabbed," I said.

"WHAT?!" Many voiced boomed at once making me wince then groan from the pain in my abdomen. "Bambina, where are you so we can come get you and bring you to a hospital," Santino said and I could hear the jingling of keys.

"No," I answered quickly. Almost too quickly. "Noah, drive faster," I said with gritted teeth. "I'm trying not to bleed out on your seats right now."

"I don't care about my seats, E, I care about you. We'll be there soon," he said.

I turned my focus back to the phone. "Elara, who is Noah? We need to know where you're at," I heard Giovanni's stern and cold voice through the phone yet there was worry in his voice, too.

"It happened at the school. I am fine. Or I will be. Alessandro will tell you who Noah is but I am safe. I promise. I will contact you later," I said before hanging up. I felt my phone buzz again but didn't answer. I couldn't right now.

My baby sister got stabbed. "Why the fuck didn't you wait for her?" Giovanni's voice boomed, pointed towards Fynn and Alessandro.

"She said she would be right behind us! We didn't know she was going to stay behind for a bit," Alessandro said.

Fynn just looked deep in thought. "Her fault for staying behind," he said.

Why is he acting like this?

"They couldn't have known this would happened," I said, stopping the fight before it happened.

"Why was she so calm?" Lorenzo asked.

"I-I don't know," Dad stuttered. Dad never stutters.

"We have to be calm, too," I said.

Lorenzo nodded in agreement. "Can we track her phone. And who is Noah?" He said, looking towards Alessandro.

"Noah is her best friend from where she used to live. I guess he moved with her," he said. "Camillo, can you track her phone?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'll try," I said, running upstairs and grabbing my laptop before sprinting down the stairs. I settled on the island bar stool and opened my laptop.

I began to type away, trying to locate her phone. "It's not working," I said, perplexed.

"What do you mean it's not working, Camillo?" Giovanni's cold voice cut through the room.

"I can't track her phone," I said, running a hand through my hair.

"How?" Sandro asked.

"I don't know. Shit," I said. "She better trust Noah," I said.

"It seemed like she did," Sandro said. "at school. But I don't know," he said, exasperated.

"We just have to be calm and wait till she comes back," Lorenzo said.

But it was hard to be calm.

I was sitting there, bouncing my leg. Alessandro was shifting his weight back and forth while running his hand through his hair. Lorenzo was trying to be calm by sitting but I saw him biting the inside of his cheek. Giovanni was pacing, dad was making calls while also pacing and Fynn just got up and left.

"Fynn-" Sandro started but Giovanni cut him off.

"Don't. Let him sort his shit out," he said.

We made it to Noah's new house, and he helped me out of the car. I was already feeling a bit woozy. "Careful there, Elara," Noah said.

"I'm always careful," I replied back although my words were almost a bit slurred.

"Yet you managed to get stabbed. How is that, exactly?" He asked.

"Didn't have my knives."

"Mm..."

He helped me up the stairs to his house and then opened the door. We walked the short distance to his living room where he helped set me down. "Wait here, I'm going to get the first aid," he said to which I nodded.

Once Noah left, I heard footsteps and then Colm walked in. "Oh, Elara! What a-" he glanced down at my bloodied state. "Shit, what happened, kid?" He asked, rushing to my side.

"Got stabbed. If Noah hasn't told you, my biological family is the Italian Mafia and a group was out to get me," I said.

Noah then rushed in with the medical kit. "Alright, here we go," he said. Kneeling beside me, he took out a wet cloth to wipe away the blood. "This might hurt," he said.

"I've felt it all, Noah. Just hurry please," I said.

Noah nodded and lightly began to wipe away the blood with a hiss from me. My most recent cuts from Scarlett and Jason have begun to scar over but the bruising has only subsided a little bit.

"Elara, have you gotten your ribs checked?" Colm asked.

"No, and I don't plan on it. They'll ask questions. And inform my biologicals. I don't want them to know," I said. Colm and Noah both had a sad look of understanding on their face.

I held pressure with gauze on my wound until the bleeding reduced then put petroleum jelly on it. With help, I bandaged it up and was as good as new. Almost.

Noah gave me one of his shirts which I replaced my bloodied one with.

"Thank you," I said, standing up with a groan. I balanced on the couch for a minute before beginning to walk. "I need to get back now," I said.

"I'll take you," Noah said.

"Take it easy, kid," Colm said and gave me a soft hug.

"No promises," I winked then was out the door with Noah.

Once we got in the car, I texted Santino and said I was coming back.

The ride was silent. Not tense or awkward. Just a calming silence. "Right here," I said as we pulled up to the mansion.

Noah stopped the car outside the gate. I stepped out and so did he. He gave me a hug before saying, "Call me if you need anything, okay?"

I nodded. "I promise." The gate opened and Noah got back in his car just as I saw my biologicals run out. All of them.

With a sigh, I walked forward. Alessandro ran to me and scooped me up in a hug. I grunted. He put me down. "Sorry," he said sheepishly. I still don't like physical contact but have no energy to argue right now.

"It's fine," I waved him off.

"What happened?" Santino asked, coming forward.

"You know, the usual. Got jumped and stabbed," I said, waving my hand in a dismissive manner.

"Elara, that's serious," Lorenzo said, coming forward to look at me. "Let me look at the wound," he said as they flanked my sides and stayed close when walking back towards the mansion.

"No," I said then cleared my throat. "I already got it handled. Don't worry," I said then muttered under my breath, "Nothing I haven't handled before."

"What was that?" Camillo asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"Come on, let's get something to eat and rest," Santino said. I could feel Giovanni looking me over.

"I'm fine," I said.

"The way you're walking says otherwise," he said.

"I'm fine," I repeated more sternly.

"Sure you are," Fynn muttered ahead of me.

"Why do you care?" I snapped.

Fynn didn't answer and instead just walked ahead.

A/N

Not too proud of this chapter. It's kind of lazy and not that good. :/ I literally had no motivation but kept writing anyway. It's a bit shorter, too. Hope you enjoyed regardless.

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 39.1K 45
Cover by @_navyblueee_ ~~~~~ The Cortello and Moratti brothers rule the city of angels, Los Angeles. Two famous billionaire families with seemingly n...
95.3K 1.4K 10
Idalia has been abused ever since she was 3 years old. When she thought things couldn't get any worse and nothing was going to change, she ran. She r...
14.3K 228 17
𝕯𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖍 𝕬𝖌𝖔𝖘𝖙𝖎 Despite being abused by her step father since she was 13, she will not hesitate to kill you if you make one wrong move. One...
139K 3.8K 44
Her name was Isabella Agosti. And now her name is Rylan; no last name, just Rylan. Rylan's life isn't the best. In fact it's quite horrible. She has...