and we scored

By amyhopeey

NINI I've spent the last years running away from my past. Now, I've finally found what I need. Friends. Coll... More

a playlist
Scene 1
Scene 2
Scene 3
Scene 4
Scene 5
Scene 6
Scene 7
Scene 8
Scene 9
Scene 10
Scene 11
Scene 12
Scene 13
Scene 14
Scene 15
Scene 16
Scene 17
Scene 18
Scene 19
Scene 20
Scene 21
Scene 22
Scene 23
Scene 24
Scene 25
Scene 26
Scene 27
Scene 28
Scene 29
Scene 30
Scene 31
Scene 32
Scene 33
Scene 34
Scene 35
Scene 36
Scene 37
Scene 38
Scene 39
Scene 40
Scene 41
Scene 42
Scene 43
Scene 44
Scene 45
Scene 46
Scene 47
Scene 48
Scene 49
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sneak peek: 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„― 𝒽𝒢𝓉ℯ𝒹

Extended Epilogue

4K 129 46
By amyhopeey

NINI

As I wake up and sneak a glance at the clock on my bedside table, I can see it's already ten o'clock. I slowly crawl out of bed and take a look around the room. The red gown from last night lies on the couch somewhere, the high heels thrown on the floor. The little trophy shaped like a star is on my bedside table, next to the named clock and a red lipstick.

I stretch out a bit and make my way to the bathroom. A look in the mirror has me grinning wide. There is still a bit of glitter left around my eyes from last night. My stylist said I should wear it as a lucky charm. I guess she was right. I instinctively turn my head to the trophy again and a smile is formed on my lips. Best actress. I am still smiling as I take out some tissues and begin to remove the glitter.

Even after minutes and minutes of work, I still can't remove it all. I raise my shoulders and move on with my morning routine instead. I tug my hair together and work on my skincare, then I brush my teeth and wash my face again. I usually have to do this all quick so I can make breakfast for the boys before I have to go to set. Today, I don't have any shootings and I can take all the time I need. The boys are probably also still sleeping.

Still in my pyjamas and fluffy socks, I go out of the bedroom and head to the kitchen. Even as I'm still on the hallway I can smell something delicious. It smells like someone has just baked something. And it smells damn good.

I hurry my tiptoeing until I am in the main room and I freeze at the view.

Above our table is a shield saying: "Congrats for being the best actress. We love you.".  There are many blue, green and white hearts drawn around the text. There are colorful balloons all around and some confetti flying in the air. I then turn my look to the actual reasons I'm smiling bright right now. Nathan is holding a big cake in his arms, one that is covered in red frosting and has the words "Love you, Mom" written with white frosting on it. The little frosting resting around our son's mouth shows me that he helped his Dad make the cake and has volunteered to be the taste tester. I then look at Caden, who is holding the confetti tube and looks at me with eyes so filled with love, showing how happy he is for me.

Before I can say anything, Nathan places the big plate on the table and screams "Surprise" as he runs to me and wraps his hands around me. I bend down to take a better grip of him then stand back up, holding him tight to my chest. I kiss his forehead, the top of his head, his cheeks and his nose all over again. My little treasure.

"Congratulations, Mom", he says. "I am so so proud of you. Dad told me all about last night."

I tickle him a bit. He once said he's all grown up now being eight years old and that he can't be tickled anymore, I do it anyway. And from the laughter that he lets out now, I can see he still secretly loves it.

"Yeah, what did Dad tell you?" I ask Nathan, sneaking a glance at my husband with the corner of my eye. He is already grinning and looking admiring at me and Nathan.

"He told me you beat everybody. And that you won."

I can hardly stop a chuckle. Caden's grin goes wider.

"He did, didn't he?" I ask Nathan while looking at Caden, who sends me an air kiss.

"Yes. And he also told me he is very proud of you", our son continues. I have to smile.

"Well, I can guarantee you I haven't beaten anybody", I begin. Nathan interrupts me adding an "Yet". He earns himself a new round of tickles.

"But I am indeed very proud of her", Caden tells Nathan while looking at me. He comes closer and wraps his arms around me from behind. "So very proud. And so very happy."

He kisses my neck and I can feel butterflies take control again. It's been years of us two being together now, yet he still manages to give me butterflies. Every time. And I still love him the same. More and more every day, actually.

I smile at my husband and give him a kiss on his lips. He smiles and pulls me even closer. From my arms, Nathan sticks out his tongue and Caden and I have to laugh, stopping our kissing.

"We'll continue later", Caden says.

"You two are disgusting", Nathan adds as he jumps away from my arms and goes to the kitchen. Caden is still holding his arms wrapped around me while we both look at our son. His hair is brown, lighter than the one of his Dad. His eyes are Caden's though. The same beautiful shade of blue meeting green.

My favorite color.

Nathan comes back with a few plates and places them on the table. He then takes my hand and leads me to a chair, showing me to sit down.

"Don't you need help?" I ask. He shakes his head and Caden backs him up.

My husband goes get some forks and knives while Nathan takes a sit at the table. Caden joins too and starts cutting the cake the two of them made for me. The moment he places a slice on one of the plates and hands it to me, I can see the flavor. Chocolate cake with caramel filling. My favorite. I look up only to see the boys already staring at me. I smile and whisper a thank you. The two of them smirk bright and high five. I can't stop a chuckle.

As all of us have a slice on our plate, we begin eating. I am after my first bite and I immediately declare this the best cake I've ever had.

"Who knew you two were so good at baking? Maybe I should win more often to get you to make me some more cakes", I say grinning. The two laugh softly.

"For you, love, we'd make the cakes free of cost. Although, you winning might come as a nice bonus", my husband answers. I reach for his hand and as soon as our fingers are curled, I give it a small squeeze.

"We made another one", Nathan blurts out and cover his mouth with his hand as his father gives him a stare.

"You made two cakes?" I ask surprised. Caden shakes his head while Nathan nods. As Nathan notices what his father is doing, he begins to shake his head as well. I laugh again.

"Why two?" I continue asking. Nathan is the one to answer my question.

"For tonight."

"What happens tonight?", I ask, knowing very well we have nothing planned for tonight. Apart from Nathan's game we're going to in a few minutes, we have nothing else on the schedule.

"Nathan, what have I told you about surprises?" Caden begins, using that voice he always uses when giving Nathan advice. That voice that sounds so fatherly it makes my heart kick every time.

"That they should remain secret and not be ruined?", Nathan replies, his face a bit red. I smirk.

"And?", Caden continues.

"I just said it", our son replies.

I have to chuckle again.

"It's fine", I say, while patting Nathan on the back. He smiles at me relaxed. "I can't believe you prepared a whole surprise for me."

"Of course we did" Nathan is quick to reply.

"You deserve the world, Broadway. How could we have not planned a surprise for you?", Caden backs him up.

"Thank you", I whisper again and can feel a tear rolling down my face. Caden wipes it away with his thumb.

"So, can we tell her the surprise now, Dad?" Nathan asks him, almost jumping from excitement.

Caden chuckles and turns again to me to say: "The fam is coming."

"What?!", I ask him, my eyes screaming joy.

He only nods.

I go hug them both.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you", I let out, being happy that soon I get to see my four besties and their families again. We have a get-together every Sunday at one of our houses and I also see my besties during the week as well for a coffee or a day out, but I am always beyond happy when we come together. Our family.

"No problem", Caden whispers, his eyes sparkling as he sees the joy in my eyes. I give him a kiss on the cheek. He gives me one on my lips in return.

Speaking of the fam, "Shouldn't Livie be here any moment now?" I ask. Nathan starts smiling as he hears his best friend's name.

"She should", he says, looking really excited.

Livie, Soph and Alec's daughter, is Nathan's best friend. She insists on coming at every single one of Nathan's games. Livie is only a few months younger than him, since Soph and I both got pregnant in the same year. Very "randomly". We just wanted to be able to start this new phase of our lives together and our children to be good friends as well. Caden still gives me a smirk every time the subject comes, saying we're a bit of some masterminds. Soph and I don't really care.

"Then you'd better get changed soon", I say, pointing at the fact he's still in his pyjamas and we'll have to leave in a couple of minutes. Nathan, much to Caden's "joy", didn't fall in love with hockey but with football. He is playing on a team now and loves the sport so much, he quickly became captain of that team. Now, I have two hoodies with our family name I wear weekly. The hoodie from Nathan's team, and the official team hoodie from Caden's hockey team. I would lie if I would say I don't feel proud as I introduce myself as Mrs. West.

Nathan is on the way to his room as he turns around and says: "Hurry, we don't want to be late."
I chuckle and look at Caden, who is already dressed up in the hoodie from Nathan's team and a pair of jeans.

"Someone came prepared", I say to him smiling. He pats his lap as an invitation for me to come over. I gladly take it and go sit on his lap.

As soon as I'm close to him, he begins brushing my hair and giving me kisses on my neck. I shiver every time under his touch, my body on fire.

"I love you, Broadway", he whispers, his lips still touching my skin. A new wave of butterflies flies through me.

"I love you too, Caden", I whisper back and turn my head so that his lips meet mine. He kisses me and pulls me closer and shows me just how much he means what he just said. I wrap my hands around his neck and kiss him back with the same passion.

We're interrupted only by Nathan's footsteps as he comes back, wearing his football gear and jersey.

His face already shows disgust combined with amusement.

I chuckle and look at the two boys again. The ones that make me the happiest. The ones I'd do anything for and the ones I'll gladly spend forever with. My loves, the lights in my world, the ones that my heart beats for.

My family.

I smile at the thought, feeling Caden hugging me tighter.

He must feel the same.

And as I kiss him, I know that no matter what the future holds for us, I'm going to be alright. Because I have them.

𝓉𝒽ℯ ℰ𝓃𝒹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 45.6K 64
Abby Ryan has her whole life planned out, up until graduation that is. As a journalism student at the University of Southern Washington, she has one...
118K 2.6K 34
An anxious homebody gets roped into her university quarterback's scheme to get back at both of their exes. **** Highest rating: #7 in books | 7 - 1...
10.2M 304K 50
Ryan wasn't expecting to end up with the captain of the hockey team as a roommate, and she certainly didn't expect the initial sexual tension between...
20.8K 645 41
Lyla heads into her second semester of sophomore year and already has her expectations set for her summer ahead. Plans ventured around spending the s...