Always, Tulip

By Maureentab

~complete~ But what would happen when a military captain who barely talks meets an overly joyous girl who wor... More

▫️Preface
▫️One
▫️Two
▫️Three
▫️Four
▫️Five
▫️Six
▫️Seven
▫️Eight
▫️Nine
▫️Ten
▫️Eleven
▫️Twelve
▫️Thirteen
▫️Fourteen
▫️Fifteen
▫️ Sixteen
▫️ Seventeen
▫️ Eighteen
▫️ Nineteen
▫️Twenty
▫️Twenty-one
▫️Twenty-two
▫️ Twenty-three
▫️Twenty-four
▫️Twenty-five
▫️ Twenty-seven
▫️Twenty-eight
▫️Twenty-nine
▫️Thirty
▫️ Thirty-one
▫️Thirty-two
▫️ Thirty-three
▫️Thirty-four
▫️ Thirty-five
▫️ Thirty-six
▫️ Thirty-seven
▫️Thirty-eight
▫️Thirty-nine
▫️Forty
▫️ Forty-one
▫️Forty-two
Extra : proposal
▫️Forty-three
▫️Forty-four
▫️ Epilogue
Author's note
🔸Bonus | 1
🔹Bonus | 2
🔸Bonus | 3

▫️Twenty-six

17.4K 536 101
By Maureentab

Ginelle's pov

I think I should forget about Grey being adorable before because right now he looked so majestic and stunning.

He had one hand on the wheel while the other lay over his thigh. Large veins bulged out of his arms as we took a turn and I tried not to gulp at that.

His biceps flexed too as he rotated the wheel, the streetlights casting a beautiful glow over his skin. He looked straight ahead, his jaw twitching in concentration.

I continued to peek at him from the passenger seat to a point where I found my body fully turned towards him. He gave me several glimpses which I returned with a smile.

Grey was so selfless, even after getting Mayella and I jackets, he didn't get himself one. I shouldn't be complaining because I got to stare at his arms but I didn't want him falling sick out of the cold either.

"Grey?" I called out softly so as not to startle him in the silence. I was usually jumpy when someone spoke suddenly.

"Yes tulip?" I blushed first as I clasped my hands together and then looked at him then at his arms.

"Why didn't you put on a jacket?" I put on a stern face as I attempted to scold him. Even though the car was warm, it didn't compare to putting on something warm.

"I'm used to the cold," I furrowed my eyebrows at his reply and I noticed his eyes move to my face as his lips twitched. I put back the stern face to stop his musing face.

"Always put on a jacket at night when you are outside, okay?" I softened out at the end as I leaned closer to him, making sure that he was listening.

He nodded once and I expectantly continued to look at him. "Okay, my tulip." He gave a verbal reply and I leaned back into my seat biting back a grin.

I looked at him again to find a ghost of a smile playing over his lips. He turned to me and I admired how magnificent his smile was. It was worth all the stars in the sky.

My eyes then slowly went down his free hand and when I couldn't restrain myself longer, I slowly reached for his arm. I wanted to keep him warm, to share some of my warmth with him.

What I didn't expect was for the car to suddenly lurch forward with me almost hitting the dashboard. I closed my eyes before I felt a hand rest on my forehead.

"I'm so sorry," Grey's remorse tone made me open my eyes as I turned to him to check whether he was fine. His eyes were apprehensive as he side-watched me.

"Did I startle you?" I meekly asked as my breaths evened though my heartbeat remained as loud as ever.

I watched his throat bob up and down as he swallowed and gripped the wheel tighter. He mumbled incoherent words before his hand twitched, reaching over for mine.

He didn't spare a glance as his hand enveloped mine and my smile broadened when his thumb began to rub over my chubby fingers. Surprisingly, he was warm.

I toyed with his hand, feeling the roughness of his palm that was oddly comforting. We later pulled into a grand driveway, a large house coming to view and my mind chanted only one word.

Money

I knew such houses existed, having seen several online but this was something else. I continued to gape at the mansion-like house not paying attention to Grey who was now picking Mayella up.

My entranced look was broken when Grey peeked through his door as he took out a carrier paper bag and beckoned me, "Join us?"

I looked at the house before me then shook my head at his request. There's no way I was going in there un-invited and with no gift to offer.

I tried not to feel bad at the eager expression on Grey's face that slightly fell. They were his family but I couldn't just show up, they were people I wasn't used to.

"T-They know about you," I whipped my head to Grey as he whispered and a surprised sound escaped me.

Grey adjusted Mayella whose head was falling off his chest and when he met my eye, he scratched his stubble before saying, "Mayella told them about you."

He looked away soon after and I nodded to his words though I felt that something was off. I didn't question him about avoiding my gaze though I eventually gave in to going up with him.

He got off the car so fast after I gave my consent and I laughed softly at his actions. He opened the car door for me then handed me the carrier bag he had taken earlier.

Grey led me up a flight of stairs as I anxiously followed behind him. I tried to picture what to expect, having met Mr Williams during the school event weeks ago.

He had been kind and polite though I was still anxious for some reason. The doorbell rang twice before an older man opened the door and greeted us warmly.

They had a butler!

He smiled at me after introducing himself as Zachary then asked us how we had been. Taking the light carrier bag from my hands, he led us further into the house.

The interior of the house was just as magnificent as it's exterior. Expensive looking couches adorned the living room, paintings of great art on the cream walls.

"Grey, you're here." A new voice called and I turned around to them. "I was just about to call," the lady spoke again as her gaze turned to me.

I smiled politely as I moved closer to Grey and it surprised me when she smiled back. She had Mayella's eye and hair color so she had to be her mother.

"You must be Grey's friend," she came to stand in front of me, her smile even widening. Her words amazed me and I peeked at Grey who was still carrying Mayella beside me.

"My name is Elle," I held back from saying something else though my mouth seemed to a mind of its own. "I'm Grey's g-girlfriend."

She almost squealed after I said so, pulling me into a hug. "I finally meet you!" I caught Grey's gaze from her back and there was a prominent glow on his face.

"I'm Rosie, Reece's mom." She pulled away smiling then told me that I looked prettier than she'd been told. I blushed profusely then complimented her curly hair.

"I'll put her to bed," Grey cleared his throat and Rosie shook her head as she took her daughter from his arms offering to take over from there.

"I know you have somewhere to be," Rosie winked at him and I look between the two of them confused at their gestures.

"It was nice meeting you Elle, I hope to see you again." I nodded eagerly and she smiled one last time before leaving up the stairs.

Grey and I then walked out and just as I closed the door of his car, he grasped my arm. Moving closer to my seat, he asked. "Say it again."

I scrunched my eyebrows at him and his thumb moved to straighten them before going to my cheek. "What you said to Rosie."

When my thoughts registered, I tried to hide my face from him though he held me in place. I looked into his eyes as I said, "I'm your girlfriend."

Grey bit his lip then smiled, ever so broadly, not averting his gaze even for a second. He smooched both of my cheeks as he murmured into them, "I love it."

I giggled when he continued to pepper kisses all over my face, withdrawing slightly to look at my face saying, "I love that sound too."

My eyes closed when his lips moved to mine and I savored the moment though it was short-lived, making me open my eyes to see why he'd stopped.

"You're so beautiful, sweetheart." And perfect, he added under his breath as he continued to mumble about something being unreal.

I moved my lips over his so as to silence him out of his mumbles, something he was doing a lot lately. My hand moved to the edge of his hair just above his neck and I felt him nip my lower lip.

We didn't seem to get enough of each other and I loved the strawberry that usually lingered over my mouth everytime we kissed.

Grey and I stared at each other long enough, our breaths heaving with our foreheads pressed together. I knew we could do this without taking a break.

In as much we wanted to, it was getting late and we were still on someone's parking lot. Grey then drove me home, the ride was slow due to the traffic but it was perfect for us.

I didn't feel like being away from him tonight, this was a clingy behavior of mine I usually developed when I got close to someone.

I suggested to Grey for him to stay a bit longer and he readily replied like someone who had been waiting for the chance.

His eagerness to stay made even happier, knowing that the feeling was mutual. Upon reaching my apartment, I helped Grey into his change of sandals.

I took out one of my thick shawls and wrapped around him so that he remained warm by my window where he stood watching the city around us.

Noticing that I was struggling to cover his whole body, he bend his head in that his lips 'accidentally' meet mine.

I slapped his arm away to stop his teasing though I felt his muscles instead. He gently pulled me to the chairs before us, pressing my side to his.

"You like stargazing," I saw his attention shift to the stars visible through my drawn curtains. He however denied my statement with a shake of the head.

"You made me like it, so we do it together." He said with a straight face while still gazing away and I felt my heart flutter at his words.

He always said the things that had me all flustered. Even saying my name still cast a tornado of butterflies in my stomach.

"You remind me of the moon," I stared up at the half moon and feeling his eyes on me, I continued. "That night when you saved me on the bus,"

"It was so dark for me then, I felt so helpless and afraid alone but then you suddenly appeared." I looked at his eyes for a moment when he took my hands in his.

"You were like a light, shining brightly over me just like how the moon is shining right now." Even on the darkest night, the moon still shone.

Grey was my moon.

"And you are like the sun," he cleared his throat as I turned to listen. "Ever bright and bringing hope everyday." He went silent after that as he leaned back.

"My parents loved the sun, mostly the sunsets." It was the first time he had ever mentioned about them and I'd been curious to know.

"They would stay out and watch the sun set till it got dark." He seemed to be getting the words from memory as I continued to listen.

"You just reminded me of them." He looked at me and answered the question at the tip of my tongue as if he knew. "They passed away when I was five."

My heart constricted at that, he was so young. The pain he had undergone through at such a tender age was so heartbreaking.

"They used to be in the military, later succumbed to a fire," tears rolled down my cheeks at his loss as I held back a sob.

"I wanted to follow their footsteps so much but Nana kept protesting against it, grandpa was also a fallen comrade."

I couldn't hold back the tears as I covered my mouth. He carried so much weight over his shoulders and it was heart wrenching.

Grey pulled my head to his chest as he stroked my arms saying it was okay now but I shook my head as I looked up at him with teary eyes.

"You are strong," I couldn't comprehend how tough life must have been for him while growing up. He was so strong to have made it to the hero he is now.

He wiped my tears away as more continued to spill thinking of how cruel it was for him and Nana to bear all that pain.

"Shh, I now have you as my sun." He pressed a kiss on my forehead and continued to gently stroke my hair while constantly assuring me.

He comforted me into his arms till my tears dried up. I curled into his chest, his hands occasionally patting my hair and back affectionately.

"Don't fall asleep on me," he nudged after a while and I lifted my head from his chest where it lay. He playfully pinched my arms though it was more of a tap.

"I'm still awake," I gripped one of his arms to check if they were cramped. He had carried Mayella for so long before and my head wasn't that light.

"Do you feel tired?" I asked while massaging his whole arm though he didn't reply instead, he stretched out his other arm for me to massage.

I don't know whether I was doing anything right but his smile kept me going. Grey was so tacty to even point at his chest after I was done with his arms.

"You just want me to feel how strong you are?" I shyly asked though I didn't want to pass on this when he was offering.

He nodded his head once and when I didn't move, he whispered so close to my ear after placing my hands over his chest. "Anytime you want,"

Flushed at his words, I jumped out of his arms and walked towards the washroom. I needed to splash cold water on my face, immediately.

I breathed out a couple of times as I wiped the water away before I heard a knock. "Are you preparing for bed, sweetheart?"

My heart was misbehaving again.

I told him that I would be out in a few as I chose to change into my pajamas that had been laying around. I tied my hair up in a bun before slowly walking out only for a squeal to escape me.

Grey lifted me up just as the door closed behind me, his arms under my thighs and at my back. I held onto his neck, an action that seemed to please him.

He carried me to bed, kissing my neck repeatedly as I clung onto him. He sat at the edge of the bed watching me after softly putting me down.

I was starting to get shy when he didn't say anything and just when I planned to hide my face behind my pillow he said, "I've been yours all along."

"Your boyfriend, your moon, whatever it is that you'll ever want me to be."

✪ ✪ ✪

A big appreciation to everyone reading this story, thank you so much for your time. You are all lovely.

Always tulip is at 50k reads and I'm so so happy and even for you, I hope you get happy in your day to day life.

(⁠๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑⁠)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 6.4K 84
••Complete•• ||Monaro Family: book 3|| •Leo• I've been in the army since I turned 18. I'm now 24. Being a soldier is all I know. Currently, I'm hom...
38.6K 1.1K 26
"You really get on my nerves, Sunshine." I stare her down, watching as her lips curl into a smile. Carson brings her hand to my own. "But you like t...
2.2K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
2.7M 119K 64
'where do u live?'. I text him and wait for a couple of seconds. Hmm...no reply. Nevermind. I change into my usual uniform and was about to put my dr...