Scarlet Witch : Time Runs Out

By MarvelDc_EU

#1 in "characterstudy" January 2024 #4 in "innerstruggle" January 2024 Sequel to Wandavision, Multiverse of M... More

Scarlet Witch Legends episode
Chapter 1: ROAD TO REDEMPTION
Chapter 3: A BURDEN WORTH CARRYING
Chapter 4: MIRROR MIRROR ON THE WALL
Chapter 5: LIKE FATHER LIKE DAUGHTER
Chapter 6: WEDDING BLUES
Chapter 7: A STRANGE ECOUNTER
Chapter 8: SO IT BEGINS
Chapter 9: NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED
Chapter 10: A DAY IN THE RAFT
Chapter 11: DARKER THAN SCARLET
Chapter 12: GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT
Chapter 13: NEXULPROMOCIDE
Chapter 14: THE TURNING POINT
Chapter 15: THE ESCAPE
Chapter 16: IN HIDING
Chapter 17: INJUSTICE

Chapter 2: THE LITTLE THINGS

197 14 21
By MarvelDc_EU

3:47 PM

On her way back to Westview, Wanda encountered multiple opportunities to help others. Although she was not in any shape nor had much time to do anything right now, she couldn't just pass by small things like giving a homeless man some food or helping an old man cross the road. While she was passing by a neighborhood, she saw a girl trying to save her cat out of a tree. A classic.

Wanda: I guess I still got time.

She flew to the girl and greeted her in a kind, playful tone.

Wanda: Hello, I'm Wanda. What's your name?

The girl was awestruck at Wanda flying above her with her majestic outfit and red glowing hands.

Girl: Woooow! You're so cool.

That remark made her chuckle briefly.

Wanda: I see your cat got himself in a situation.

The cat hissed at her, but Wanda quickly calmed him down as she came closer.

Wanda: It's okay... It's okay... Come here. I'm not gonna hurt you.

The animal felt a calming sensation the closer she came. As if it immediately felt security in her presence. Out of nowhere, the cat jumped in her arms.

Wanda: There you go little guy.

She descended to the ground and handed the cat over to the girl.

Girl: That was amazing! How did you do that, miss?

Wanda: I... Don't really know to be honest.

She thought back at the time she helped a squirrel on the Island and how all the animals protected her against Kang's rogue TVA agents. (*Read Avengers: Incursion War for context*)

Wanda: Animals tend to form a connection with me, I guess.

The girl kept looking at her with great interest, not really listening to a word Wanda was saying.

Girl: You look very pretty.

Wanda felt a heartwarming sensation by hearing those words. She just realized nobody ever called her pretty in her entire life.

Wanda: Thank you! You're pretty too.

Girl: Are you a superhero?

A subtle smile emerged on Wanda's face with a hint of doubt.

Wanda: No. I'm just someone trying to do better...

As she was about to fly away, the girl revealed her name.

Ashley: My name is Ashley.

Wanda turned around and smiled.

Wanda: It was really nice to meet you, Ashley. That's a pretty name.

Ashley: (shy) Thanks. I like yours too.

Wanda: You take care of your cat now okay?

Ashley: I will.

Wanda flew away while waving goodbye.

Ashley: Woooow.

3:55 PM

Somewhere in a small town, Wanda saw another small girl (aged 7) outside a school. But she was crying outside the building, curled up in a ball.

She flew in front of the girl, descending from the sky and then walked towards the girl to comfort her. This girl, however, knew about the recent controversy surrounding The Scarlet Witch.

Wanda: What's wrong?

When she looked up and saw Wanda standing in front of her, she was startled and filled with angst.

Girl: (gasps)

The girl looked at Wanda with wide eyes as if she saw a ghost, unable to speak any words.

Wanda knew exactly what was happening, she sighed with sadness in her heart.

Wanda: I'm not here to hurt you. It's okay.

The girl was trying to stand up and run away, but she was too scared to move a muscle. Wanda felt completely disheartened, but still tried to make peace. She slowly walked closer and closer.

Wanda: It's okay. I won't hurt you, I promise. I know you probably heard some bad things... about me. But I promise you... that's not who I am...

The girl went into a panic mode as she began breathing faster and faster.

Wanda: I need you to trust me, okay? Whatever you think about me. Whatever they said... I promise you I'm not that person...

...

Please don't be afraid.

The girl analyzed Wanda's expressions as she looked deeply into her eyes for a couple of seconds as Wanda stood in front of her. She sensed no danger. All she could see was compassion in her eyes.

Wanda: Can you trust me? Please?

The girl then nodded her head slightly in agreement. This Wanda in front of her seemed nothing like the one she pictured in her head.

She slowly sat next to the girl, saying nothing, only looking at her with a smile on her face. Wanda then offered her hand, showing her that even when she thinks she is alone in this world, someone still cared. Someone who goes through the same troubles as her. Someone who gets it. A tender smile appeared on the girl's face.

The girl could not comprehend how someone like this could be seen as evil. This "evil monster" is the only one who has ever held her hand, and the only one who has ever shown compassion to her. Through her tears she tried to speak to Wanda.

Girl: Why do people think you're a monster?

Wanda: It's... complicated.

Girl: Doesn't it hurt?

Wanda stayed quiet for a while.

Wanda: A lot...

...

Wanda: But we work with what we got, right?

A few bruises on both of the girl's arms caught Wanda's immediate attention.

Wanda: What is that on your arms? Can I see?

The girl showed Wanda her left arm. Wanda gently touched the bruises with her fingers and sighed.

Wanda: Did you do this?

The girl was hesitant but agreed with a nod and a reply barely audible.

Girl: Y-Yes...

She looked at the girl with compassion and empathy, her face showing sadness.

Wanda: Hurting yourself never helps. Trust me... I know.

Girl: You do?

Wanda: More than you... might think.

She sat with the girl for a long time while both kept queit.

Wanda: Do you feel better yet?

Girl: (Sniffles) a little.

Wanda: Thats good.. Could you tell me what's troubling you so much?

The girl kept quiet.

Wanda: It's okay, you don't have to tell me. Could you tell me your name?

Girl: Lana.

Wanda: I like your name, Lana.

She continued to sit next to her for a while longer. Both taking in the moment of complete silence, as they hold hands. After some time has passed, Wanda wanted to stand back up, but Lana didn't want her to leave, holding her hand tighter.

Lana: Can you stay a little longer?

Wanda: Sure! Anything for you. I still got time.

She sat for another couple of minutes until Lana said something again.

Lana: I wish I had a mom like you.

Wanda: Oh I'm sure your mom loves you very much.

Lana: All she does is fight with dad all the time. When I come to school, the other girls push me around and laugh at me. Everybody calls me dumb. Nobody wants to be my friend.

Wanda knew all too well how she felt.

Wanda: Can I be your friend?

Lana: Really?

Wanda: Sure!

Lana: I never had a friend before.

Wanda: Well you do now.

Wanda winked at her.

The girl felt happiness for the first time in forever.

Wanda: You should never let others tell you who you are, okay? Don't let anybody bring you down with their stupid words. They do not see how special you really are.

While giving the girl advice, she reflected and realized she was giving herself advice too.

Wanda: No matter what anyone else thinks. Even if the whole world is against you... You know deep down they are wrong, and that's all that matters in the end... Right?

Lana: Just like you?

Wanda: Yeah! ... (Sighs)

Wanda paused for a moment and reflected on her words. It hit her pretty hard.

Wanda: Just like me.

Lana's mood immediately changed and her tears dried up.

Lana: You're the best.

Wanda: Listen, I have to go now, okay? But you have to promise me something. Promise me you will not let those bullies get you down, and promise me you won't hurt yourself again.

Lana: Can't I come with you?

Wanda stood up, ready to leave.

Wanda: But what about your mom? She will miss you.

Lana ran towards Wanda and hugged her tightly.

Wanda: It might not look like that to you, but I'm sure your mommy still loves you very much.

The girl hugged her for a while longer until she let go of Wanda.

Lana: I will tell everyone that you are the bestest in the world!

Wanda: Hey wanna see something cool?

Lana: Yeah!

Wanda held out her hand and created a heart shaped necklace out of nothing.

Lana: Wooow!

Wanda: I made it for you.

Lana: Really!?

Wanda: So that you can always keep me close to your heart. To remember what I told you today. Here, try it on.

Wanda put the necklace over the girl's neck.

Lana: It looks so pretty.

The girl hugged Wanda again.

Lana: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Wanda: Take care of yourself when I'm gone, okay? Promise me.

Lana: Pinky promise.

Their pinky fingers interlocked and Wanda kissed her forehead to say goodbye.

She then flew into the sky and waved a final goodbye, flying away with a heartwarming feeling inside her heart, again seeing the true worth of these little interactions.

4:15 PM

"WHIH: This is breaking news on WHIH Newsfront, I'm your host Christine Everhart and to no surprise, Scarlet Witch, friend or foe, is still trending on every news outlet on the planet, as well as #Scarletredeemer trending like wildfire over on social media after more than several heroic acts from the notorious Scarlet Witch, known as Wanda Maximoff, within the last four hours."

"ABC News: From saving a girl from jumping off a building all the way in London, to saving hundreds from a terrorist attack, then saving hundreds again at a burning Children's Hospital all the way up in Vancouver among several other acts of heroism in the last couple of hours, the Scarlet Witch just doesn't seem to tire. There is no way she's human."

"CNN: Over the last couple of weeks she has become more and more involved in small acts trying to make up for her past mistakes. But now it seems to have escalated to an hourly habit today as she's been spotted all around the world doing all kinds of altruistic deeds."

"Fox news: One has to ask, were these heroic deeds truly the actions of a hero, or was it just a cover up to save her own skin? Does a mythical being such as her even have human morals or feelings? Should such a being even be allowed to live among us?"

"MSNBC news: Hold on, oh this is a classic, you're gonna love this one. We've just received two new footages from an anonymous source. In the image she is seen moments ago saving a little girl's cat out of a tree. The other is a video recording of what seemed to be The Scarlet Witch sitting next to a small girl near her school."

"Just the facts with J. Jonah Jameson: But ask yourself this question, what gives her the right to go on school property or anywhere for that matter, and just interact with your kids like that? What if there is another reason she seems to love children so much? You all know what she's done. And I've made my point clear about the occurances at Transia. She is a monster in disguise, planning to devour her next victim. Are you comfortable that she's going around doing whatever she likes? Putting your very children in danger? Is the law beneath someone like that? If she even is a "someone". That witch should be rotting in the darkest hole imagineable... Along with Spider-Man! I think I'm getting another heart attack. Hoffman! I need my meds!"

4:27 PM

Still on her way to Westview, oblivious to all the viral traction she's been getting today, Wanda saw an old lady trying go up the stairs of her apartment, holding many groceries. Some even falling out of her hands. Wanda flew towards her in an attempt to help. She quickly made herself appear normal, concealing her outfit with an illusion.

Wanda: Hello, mind if I help?

Lady: Oh thank you darling.

Wanda: It's no problem, really.

Lady: Kids these days act like we are invisible to them. You are the first person to help me.

Wanda: Really?

It was not as if she tried to prove herself to the world by doing these small heroic deeds. Although her bad public image was like a deep emotional scar that kept bringing her down, that was not her reason for doing it.

Lady: Say, haven't I seen you before?

Wanda had a deep insecurity now about revealing that she's the Scarlet Witch to ordinary people when trying to do acts of kindness, except when it came to children. She thought if the lady knew about the Scarlet Witch, she would see her differently. So she lied and quickly changed the topic. Showing that she doesn't just do it to be seen.

Wanda: I... Don't think we've met no. Where do you want to go?

Lady: 5th floor.

She picked up the groceries, took the lady's hand and gently took her to the 5th floor. She helped her to her room and put the groceries on the counter.

Lady: Thank you dear. You just made my day. I can't remember the last time someone was so kind to me.

Wanda: Oh it's nothing really. I'm just glad I could help make someone's day just a little better.

Over the past few weeks, Wanda realized that even in the small things like helping people with minor problems. Or meeting people where they live, sparking a nice conversation to lighten up someone's day... All those things served a greater purpose too.

Lady: Can I offer you some tea? I barely get any visitors after my husband's passing a few years ago.

Wanda: Well I would love to but...

She saw the lady's face instantly get saddened. She was really lonely.

Wanda: Oh what the heck. I still got time.

The greater purpose being that it makes people feel like no matter who they are, no matter how big or small their problems are... Somebody cares.

They sat and talked for a long while on the couch while drinking a cup of tea. While they were conversing, the old lady slowly began picking up on subtle hints about Wanda's mental and emotional well-being.

Lady: Can I ask you something dear?

Wanda: I'm all ears.

Lady: Are you alright?

Wanda immediately felt vulnerable.

Wanda: Excuse me?

The lady put her hand on Wanda's shoulder.

Lady: I may be old, but I can see when someone has been troubled for a looong time... Life has not been kind to you, has it?

Wanda: Oh I'm

Lady: Nonsense. You're not fine. And it's okay not to be.

Wanda: I... Is it that... obvious?

Lady: My dear, it is all over your face. It's impossible not to see it. You look tired. And I'm not talking about that kind of tired.

Wanda began opening up slightly. Once again wearing her heart on her sleeve.

Wanda: It's just... alway this big wave knocking me down wherever I go. It's been that way my whole life. Happens so much I should be used to it by now, but it never gets easier. But I try. It's all any of us can do, right?

Lady: You are stronger than you realize.

Wanda: Thank you.

Lady: You're very welcome. You can come by anytime when something bothers you. You'll know where to find me. It's the least I could do to repay you.

Wanda: Oh, no I... I couldn't...

Lady: It's okay. Really.

Wanda: Would you still be saying that if I told you I was the Scarlet Witch?

Lady: Well that depends on wether or not you're anything like how she's portrayed on the news.

Wanda: I'm none of those things.

Lady: Wait so you're... actually her?

Wanda responded with a voice slightly above a whispering tone.

Wanda: ... Yes.

The lady could see her feeling insecure and saddened as she said it.

Lady: Well then... I am glad I got to know who she really is.

Wanda: You don't see me as a monster?

Lady: How could I? When that monster went out of their way to help me with something so small, to sit and have some tea with some old lady talking nonsense, then opening up her heart to show the inside...

Wanda: You mean that?

Lady: Of course I do. I see now, who you really are. And I see now, you were never doing it to be seen, because you didn't come to me as The Scarlet Witch, but a young woman, with a kind heart, too afraid to even tell me who you really are. That alone speaks louder than words in the daily paper.

Wanda: Thank you... You don't know what this means to me.

Lady: If I could give you a word of wisdom, don't try to prove them wrong. Just do what you feel is right. Because once you do it to be seen, you'll only find more heartbreak, more pain, more loneliness. Humans can be cruel and unforgiving. No matter how hard you try, there will alway be those who resent you. Forget what they think. I can see you are a good person with a good heart... You are on your way, daling. You are on your way... Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll see. Eventually things will turn around.

Wanda sat in silence, thinking it all through, finding comfort in her words.

Lady: Now go. Do what you were born to do. Be who you are meant to be. I'm sure you need to be somewhere more important than coversing with an old lady like me.

A large smile appeared on Wanda's face.

Wanda: I do actually.

Lady: I can see it's very important to you. And remember, never lose hope.

I'd greatly appreciate a vote and a comment on the chapter.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 106 28
Y/N (female reader) x Natasha Romanoff x Wanda Maximoff Please read my other published stories.... 👇🏻🎀 "The Woman in Between: A Tale of Love, Hear...
361K 14.9K 103
Olivia, a young FBI agent, is forced to work with S.W.O.R.D to help them bring Wanda Maximoff back to the US to face legal prosecution for her previ...
6.7K 366 13
Wanda Maximoff is only trying to get by in her daily life. Stuck in a job that she no longer finds exciting. Dreams that suddenly seems too farfetche...
644K 17.7K 87
This story starts with you getting a part in a new marvel movie. You become friends with many of the MCU cast, including Elizabeth Olsen(but will you...