The Cellar

By natashapreston

For months Summer is trapped in a cellar with the man who took her - and three other girls: Rose, Poppy, and... More

The Cellar - Chapter One
The Cellar - Chapter Two
The Cellar - Chapter Three
The Cellar - Chapter Four
The Cellar - Chapter Five
The Cellar - Chapter Six
The Cellar - Chapter Seven (Clover)
The Cellar (7)
The Cellar (8)
The Cellar (9)
The Cellar (10)
The Cellar (11)
The Cellar (12)
The Cellar (13)
The Cellar (14)
The Cellar (15)
The Cellar (17)
The Cellar (18)
The Cellar (19)
The Cellar (20)
The Cellar (20 - Clover)
The Cellar (21)
The Cellar (22)
The Cellar (23)
The Cellar (24)
The Cellar (25)
The Cellar (26)
The Cellar (27) Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - Finding Rose
The Sequel
Your help/opinion please?
Publishing and Fan Funding!

The Cellar (16)

726K 18.3K 8.8K
By natashapreston

Chapter 16 (Day after the bodies were found)

Clover’s POV

I woke up and stretched, I was still so tired but I needed to go to work, I didn’t want anyone suspecting anything after what they found yesterday. After showering and cleaning I went downstairs for breakfast.

“Good morning,” I said as I walked into their room.

“Morning Clover,” they all said in unison although Lily didn’t say my name. Her shyness is actually very attractive but I hope she comes out of her shell a little soon; I’d like us all to get on better as a family.

I sat down and a plate of eggs, bacon, sausages and beans appeared in front of me in seconds. “Thank you Lily.” She smiled and sat down in her seat. There was something about her smile though, she didn’t look happy, maybe she’s not feeling well? “Are you feeling okay Lily?”

“I’m fine,” she replied quietly. I smiled and nodded. Bless her; she didn’t want me to worry. I’ll ask Rose to keep an eye on her and let me know if I need to bring her a couple of paracetamol or something.

“So what are you all planning today?” I asked between bites of bacon.

Rose smiled and put her cutlery down, facing me, “We’re going to do some knitting; we haven’t done any in a while, which reminds me, do you think you’ll be able to pick us up some more wool? We’re getting a little low.”

“Of course, I’ll get some after work.”

“Thank you,” she said gratefully.

 “My pleasure.” I squeezed her hand and returned to my food.

The fact that everyone now knows about the bodies does worry me, it’s only a matter of time before the police want to talk to Helen’s colleagues but I have a plan already so I know that I’ll be fine. It was all her fault in the first place, none of this would have happened if she hadn’t been such a lying, cheating slut.

As soon as I had finished eating I stood up to leave, I couldn’t put this off any longer. “Thank you for breakfast, I’ll see you tonight.”

They all looked a little surprised that I was leaving so quickly, before they had finished and I felt guilty, I’ll have to do something for them to make up for it, maybe I’ll get them some new DVDs and books.

“Okay, we’ll see you later. Have a great day at work,” Rose said at the same time that Poppy and Lily said ‘goodbye’.

I walked into my office and sat behind my desk, sipping the steaming mug of coffee. I had so much to do today so I turned the computer on and got started. The bodies of Helen and the other dirty sluts had been found yesterday and this morning the police made a statement, naming Helen and one other, they did know the identities of some of the others. The atmosphere at work was tense; everyone was so shocked and wouldn’t shut up about it so I kept myself in my office away from them all.

About halfway through the morning I saw a police car pull up and my heart started pounding, David walked out to greet them. I knew they would come here eventually though. Stay calm. There was nothing tying me to them so I just needed to answer their questions and then it would be fine.

Forty minutes later there was a knock on my door. I took a deep breath, “Come in.”

Two officers walked through the door, followed by Tim, the office manager. “Colin, the police need to talk with you now okay?”

I nodded and stood up, gesturing towards the seats. “Please.” Tim smiled and walked out, closing the door behind him.

“This won’t take long; we just have a few questions.”

“Of course, anything I can do to help.” They asked me their questions; when did I last see Helen, did I know anyone that would want to hurt her, that sort of thing. “There is something, it might be nothing though but I think it’s worth mentioning.”

They looked at each other and sat forward, eagerly awaiting the information. “Please, go on.” They urged, staring at me.

I scratched my head and tried not to smile. “David Smith, the man that greeted you as you walked in.” The both nodded and started writing on their pad; I casually peered over to see they had written his name on the paper. “Well he and Helen were having an affair.” I watched their eyebrows rise slightly and continued, “I heard them speaking two days ago.”

They scribbled something else down and looked back up, “What were they talking about?”

“Helen wanted to see him that evening as her fiancé was out of town; David seemed reluctant but eventually agreed. It seemed like she was trying to force him into continuing their relationship,” I said, looking straight into their eyes. The glanced at each other then back to me and asked me endless questions about David. “I have heard him mention other women before and not just his wife. I don’t know if he’s capable of murder though.” I only said so that I wouldn’t incriminate myself. I want them to think that I don’t think it’s him, even though I can see in their eyes they do.

Do you know any of women he’s mentioned?”

I shook my head, “No sorry.” They continued asking a few more questions and I answered everything carefully.

“Well, thank you for your time.” They stood up and the male officer handed me a card. “If you think of anything else please give me a call.”

I took the card and smiled at them both. “Absolutely. I just hope you find who did this soon, Helen deserves justice.” They smiled and nodded before walking out. I sat back down at my desk, grinning. That was almost too easy.

I stopped smiling and walked out of my office to make a coffee. Julie and Marie were in here gossiping as usual. They were talking about Helen. “Hello ladies,” I said, smiling sadly.

“Hi,” they both whispered in unison, staring at their drinks. “It’s awful isn’t it,” Julie said, taking a deep breath and wiping a tear from her cheek. If she knew what Helen was really like she wouldn’t be wasting tears on her!

I poured milk into my cup, “Yes, awful.”

“Who could do something like that, it just doesn’t make sense. Who would want to hurt Helen?” She shook her head, looking between me and Marie, who shook her head. “Well whoever it is I hope the lock him up and throw away the key!” That isn’t going to happen; I’m not stupid enough to get caught.

“I’m sure they’ll will,” I said, squeezing Julie’s arm comfortingly.

Marie nodded, “I hope so, it makes you scared to go out alone.”

“Just make sure you ladies are careful, you never know who’s about these days.” Julie nodded and wiped more tears from her face with a tissue. “Are you okay Julie? Maybe you should go home.”

She took a deep breath, “I think I should.”

“I’ll drive you, we don’t want you walking out there, you don’t know who’s about,” I said, putting my mug down.

She smiled warmly through her tears, “Thank you.” I pulled my keys out of my pocket and waited until she had hugged Marie. “I’ll call you later,” she said, hugging Marie again.

“You alright now?” I asked her as we got outside. She nodded and smiled weakly.

I led her out of the building and opened the car door for her. “I’m sorry I’m crying all the time.” She sobbed and held a tissue to her nose and blew loudly. I tightened my grip on the steering wheel as I drove. The germs would be flying around the car, lading on every surface, and on me.

“Don’t worry about it, you’re upset,” I said through clenched teeth. They were on me now, the germs, I could practically feel them crawling over my skin. I couldn’t breathe properly and all I wanted to do was shower and scrub my entire body.

“Colin, do you think they’ll catch him?” she asked quietly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I nodded, staring forward and trying not to lose it. “I’m sure they will,” I said convincingly. I could barely concentrate on her; all I kept thinking about was how disgusting and dirty it was inside my car now. I needed to get out soon.

“I hope so,” she whispered, looking terrified.

“Please don’t worry, we’ll all make sure you don’t have to walk to and from work anymore, as long as you’re cautious you’ll be fine.”

She smiled gratefully, “Thank you Colin, that means a lot.” She was silent for a few minutes but I could tell something was on her mind. “Do you think she was in pain for long?” she asked in barely a whisper. Yes.

“I’m sure she wasn’t Julie but don’t think about it, don’t torture yourself.”

“Oh you just missed my turning.” She looked back and pointed.

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay, just take the next left.”

I looked over at her and smiled, “Will do.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so now you know why the police suspect David, naughty Clover hey!

Anyway I'm now off, need some chocolate!

Please comment, vote, like and tweet if you liked it :D

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 450 17
Set after Band together, Branch is living with some of his brothers in the bunker when he discovers that he is having a baby. Once the realization hi...
17 1 1
As spring begins, the flowers bloom bright and smell wonderful as the sun shines to the Earth. But as the night falls, these smells of joy turn to sm...
2.4K 194 33
Dia and her family have been relocated after Jay broke out and has his mind set on getting revenge on her. She has to adapt to a new city, new life a...
40.5K 1.1K 36
After the cataclysmic fight against the raiders, Clem, Louis, Aj, Tenn, Ruby and Willy remain untouched, but Violet, Omar and Aasim have been kidnapp...